Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Nairaland Adverts Slowing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Adverts Slowing (796 Views)

Nairaland Adverts Doesn't Open A New Tab While Browsing On A PC / Why Does Nairaland Adverts Not Open On New Browser Window? / [Warning]Post Adverts On This Board & Get Banned[/Warning] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Adverts Slowing by nairawall: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
I have noticed very few advertisers on the new nairaland ads.

I guess NL needs a robust advertising technology where users can track their ads stats and also this technology should be able to enable users to advertise for as little as $10.

Even big portals like facebook and google don't have a cap on how much you should spend monthly on ads. Advertising cost should be very flexible and intuitive to encourage participation. Without this, any advertising program will find it difficult to succeed.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by DualCore1: 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
There is a difference between traffic and conversion.

Nairaland is guaranteed to give you traffic (by sending 500 Garri posters and a few serious people your way).

The likelihood that one single garri poster will pay for your service is zero(zero conversion, at least 500 pageviews).
The likelihood that the few serious ones will patronize you is there but really will you be in profit after paying 60k to get them 20 people to buy a product of 5000 where you profit on the product is 3000 Naira?

So really when one looks at the quality of threads and comments that hit the frontpage, one has to think well about what to really spend 60k per month on.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by soloqy: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^
I tend to agree
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by webcityng: 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
Dual Core: There is a difference between traffic and conversion.

Nairaland is guaranteed to give you traffic (by sending 500 Garri posters and a few serious people your way).

The likelihood that one single garri poster will pay for your service is zero(zero conversion, at least 500 pageviews).
The likelihood that the few serious ones will patronize you is there but really will you be in profit after paying 60k to get them 20 people to buy a product of 5000 where you profit on the product is 3000 Naira?

So really when one looks at the quality of threads and comments that hit the frontpage, one has to think well about what to really spend 60k per month on.
grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by skyhighweb(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
i still dey wait hoping e changes his system of ad, the price is too much noni.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by nairawall: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
skyhighweb: i still dey wait hoping e changes his system of ad, the price is too much noni.

I am very sure seun is working on something for all advertisers. I know him as somebody that is very innovative and proactive.

I see the current advertising program as a reactive measure taken because of the sudden shift from the normal advertising (Google Adsense) nairaland has always used.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by moderatorr: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
nairaland is too far ahead of any close competitors
thats why Seun can take such a long time to implement such a little change.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by skyhighweb(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
moderatorr: nairaland is too far ahead of any close competitors
thats why Seun can take such a long time to implement such a little change.
never look at any man made thing BIG Nokia fell to fouth best from 1st in the os world.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by nairawall: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2013
My suggestion is for seun to setup this huge monumental project (Nairaland) as a proper company with a proper office and staffing. He can employ a mix tech professionals from within Nigeria and also outside Nigeria.

I was shocked when I contacted Nairaland.com that I wanted to advertise, to my amazement, seun personally wrote me and the account I was asked to pay into was a personal account.

A website this large and already about coming within the first 1,000 websites in the world should have a proper management and team.

Anyway, it is the Nigeria way of doing things as usual.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by Seun(m): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2013
@nairawall: [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=%22overhead+walks+on+two+legs%22]Overhead walks on two legs[/url]. sad
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by Mobsync(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2013
nairawall: My suggestion is for seun to setup this huge monumental project (Nairaland) as a proper company with a proper office and staffing. He can employ a mix tech professionals from within Nigeria and also outside Nigeria.

I was shocked when I contacted Nairaland.com that I wanted to advertise, to my amazement, seun personally wrote me and the account I was asked to pay into was a personal account.

A website this large and already about coming within the first 1,000 websites in the world should have a proper management and team.

Anyway, it is the Nigeria way of doing things as usual.

Is this supposed to be a suggestion? Me thinks its a bad idea. Personally, it would be better if he gets some program similar to Google adsence and at the same time, save some ads space to sell directly.
Re: Nairaland Adverts Slowing by nairawall: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2013
Mobsync:

Is this supposed to be a suggestion? Me thinks its a bad idea. Personally, it would be better if he gets some program similar to Google adsence and at the same time, save some ads space to sell directly.

After going through the link Seun posted, I had to say my last suggestion is truly a bad idea. Setting up Nairaland as a proper business with office and staff may not be the right thing for Nairaland.com right now because that would be more overheads and also given the fact that the website's revenue sources are still not very stable.

But still, seun need to make Nairaland advertising program less expensive and more friendly.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Marketing Agency / The New Shared Button On Nairaland / Hackers Hits Gmail, 5million Passwords Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.