Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN (1681 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For 16 Years - Part 2 / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by Slizbeat(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) said President Goodluck Jonathan’s tactless show during his belated visit to Borno and Yobe States last week has worsened the Boko Haram insurgency that has killed and maimed hundreds of innocent people, especially in the two states.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Monday byits National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party also said while the decision to grant amnesty to any person or group is the prerogative of the government, the argument advanced by the President for denying amnesty to Boko Haram members is as illogical as it is puerile.

It said for a President who has unwisely stayed away from the beleaguered part of the country for too long, last week’s visit onlysucceeded in inflicting additional pain and insults on the victims of the insurgency, who could have used a little dose of succour and empathy from their leader.

”There is no doubt that there has been an upsurge in attacks and killings since the President’s visit, with the clashes between the JTF and the insurgents leaving many dead, drive-by shooting in Kano claiming the lives of innocent people and the unfortunate killing of foreign hostages who were abducted last month in Bauchi.

”If this upsurge can be used as a barometer to measure the success or otherwise of the President’s visit, then one can only reach oneconclusion: The visit is a total failure!” ACN said

The party also expressed shock at the way the President, openly displaying anger when what was needed was temperance, talked down on the people, who have suffered so much in the hands of Boko Haram, at his town hall meetingsIt said the misplaced anger of the nation’s number one citizen, who virtually tongue-lashed the prominent citizens who spoke on behalf of their people at the town hall meeting, can only attract sympathy for the insurgents among the beleaguered population, thereby worsening the crisis.
”The President wanted to appear tough in dealing with the Boko Haram insurgents. There is no problem with that, except that hedirected his anger at the wrong people, the same people who have been victimized by Boko Haram.
This is called double whammy,” the party said.

On the President’s argument that amnesty cannot be granted to ”ghosts”, ACN said he simply missed the mark.

”If the President claims that Boko Haram members are ghosts, who then are the members of Boko Haram that the JTF regularly claims to have arrested or killed? Does it mean the 52 Boko Haram members that the JTF claimed to have killed, in its latest press release dated March 9th 2013, are actually ghosts?

”What about the Boko Haram members that are being tried in court? Could the government have been trying ghosts?
And what about those Boko Haram members who were declared wanted last year? Are they also ghosts? Also, the government’s spokesmen have said publicly that the government is talking with Boko Haram through back-channels.
So the Jonathan Administration has indeed been talking to ghosts?

”Mr. President, there is nowhere in the world where insurgents have erected a headquarters building and put up a sign
to say ‘we are insurgents, come and get us.’ By their nature, insurgents don’t engage in amarch past, displaying their
weapons. That is why intermediaries are usedto reach out to them,” the party said.

ACN said while it strongly condemns the Boko Haram insurgents, their senseless killingof innocent people and attacks
on the security agents, it believes that the use of force is not the only option open to thegovernment to end the crisis.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/jonathans-visit-to-bornoyobe-has-worsened-boko-haram-crisis-acn/
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by ninja4life(m): 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmm may God save nigerians and Nigeria 4rm all dis politrictian who plays politics with evry thing even wen lives ar involved

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by ninja4life(m): 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmm may God save nigerians and Nigeria 4rm all dis politrictian who plays politics with evry thing even wen lives ar involved
lest i forget 1st to comment quickly run out of thread
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2013
On the President’s argument that amnesty cannot be granted to ”ghosts”, ACN said he simply missed the mark.

”If the President claims that Boko Haram members are ghosts, who then are the members of Boko Haram that the JTF regularly claims to have arrested or killed? Does it mean the 52 Boko Haram members that the JTF claimed to have killed, in its latest press release dated March 9th 2013, are actually ghosts?

”What about the Boko Haram members that are being tried in court? Could the government have been trying ghosts?
And what about those Boko Haram members who were declared wanted last year? Are they also ghosts? Also, the government’s spokesmen have said publicly that the government is talking with Boko Haram through back-channels.
So the Jonathan Administration has indeed been talking to ghosts?

”Mr. President, there is nowhere in the world where insurgents have erected a headquarters building and put up a sign
to say ‘we are insurgents, come and get us.’ By their nature, insurgents don’t engage in amarch past, displaying their
weapons. That is why intermediaries are usedto reach out to them,” the party said

Since our president retardeen Jonathan said Boko Haram are Ghosts, then Have they been trying Ghosts in court? have they been killing Ghosts?
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by solomon111(m): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
Useless party.
Their only job is to oppose GEJ's policies,whether right or wrong.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by onyeego(m): 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
I hope people are beginning to see the USELESSNESS of ACN as a party.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by Slizbeat(m): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
Now I am beginning to see things in a different perspective about ACN. Why should the presidency give amnesty to a ghost? Do they know or have ever seen boko haram? All we hear is that they have captured members of the sect that obviously we don't know who they are and here ACN is calling it illogical. Say NO to any government that negotiates with a Terrorist group fighting for no cause.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by takedat(m): 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Since our president retardeen Jonathan said Boko Haram are Ghosts, then Have they been trying Ghosts in court? have they been killing Ghosts?
The ghosts that are in his government, the same ghosts that contacted his vice and we also have some ghosts in the names of Ali Ndume and Hei Hei. The JTF have arrested so many ghosts, yet we are unable to ascertain their real sponsors.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by jmaine: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
Vintage Lie Mohammed spewing more rubbish as expected . . . . .

Over activity in the name of opposition is making him appear more silly with each passing day

. .

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by karlmax2: 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: The ghosts that are in his government, the same ghosts that have made contact with his vice and we also have some ghosts in the names of Ali Ndume and Hei Hei. The JTF have arrested so many ghosts, yet we are unable to ascertain their real sponsors.
yea just like they arrested some mend members before the leaders came forward.if you or liar mohammed are the leaders of boko haram come out and say so.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by karlmax2: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
an adage says that when a proverb is being explained to you means that your mothers dowry was in vain..,[b]we know he was speaking in riddles and we understand him perfectly except for [/b]lai mohammed and his friends who maMillions of right thinking nigerians understands what Mr president meant when he said that he cant grant amnesty to ghostsybe looking for the ghost mentioned by the president..
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by karlmax2: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
an igbo adage says that when a proverb is being explained to you means that your mothers dowry was in vain..Millions of right thinking nigerians understands what Mr president meant when he said that he cant grant amnesty to ghosts,we know he was speaking in riddles and we understand him perfectly except for lai mohammed and his friends who maybe looking for the ghost mentioned by the president..

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by takedat(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
karl max: yea just like they arrested some mend members before the leaders came forward.if you or liar mohammed are the leaders of boko haram come out and say so.
Such a feather-brained dumb child! I am against the granting of amnesty to those ogres, but for the president to say the insurgents are ghosts even after the numerous arrests of their members by the security agencies, sounds ridiculous! Prolly because they are ghosts, that is why we haven't seen any of their members get convicted apart from the one that bagged a 3 year jail term!
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by karlmax2: 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: Such a feather-brained dumb child! I am against the granting of amnesty to those ogres, but for the president to say the insurgents are ghosts even after numerous arrests of their members by the security agencies, sounds ridiculous! Prolly because they are ghosts, that is why we haven't seen any of their members get convicted apart from the one that bagged a 3 year jail term!
i can see your one of the dead brains who doesnt understand that the president was speaking in riddles,i dont have time to exchange arguement with someone who has been completely brainwashed and like a puppet controlled by the likes of lair mohammed and tinubu.you and ur likes are not i repeat not intelligent enough to understand what mr president meant by ghost.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by idlaw2k3(m): 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
Can somebody tell me what BH, JAMB and Ansaru are fighting for
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by teskyg: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
We know Action Congress and CPC are the Ghost.GEJ has dare u to show your face to affirm some doubting Who the real Boko Haram are.Lai mohammed is one of them.We wait for the rest of you,Dayokanu,Take Dat,Lacassa and co.Show your faces.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by Bobandgreat: 7:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
Why is ACN associating with Boko Haram? Why cant they face election and win election. Yoruba! Yoruba! How many times I call una. Somebody who kills and maims but says nothing is better than who announces and promotes the killings. Y is because if u can quieten the noise makers, u can get the killers to feel that they are on their own and therefore abandon their killings. LET ME SAY THAT ACN SUPPORT AND 200M NAIRA HAS CONTINUED TO ENCOURAGE THESE BOKO HARAM. May the wish of these Yorubas on nairaland come true for their support for Boko Haram and let them share thesame country with these guys. Only time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by takedat(m): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
karl max: i can see your one of the dead brains who doesnt understand that the president was speaking in riddles,i dont have time to exchange arguement with someone who has been completely brainwashed and like a puppet controlled by the likes of lair mohammed and tinubu.you and ur likes are not i repeat not intelligent enough to understand what mr president meant by ghost.
I wasn't expecting a schmuck to understand my post. Yes, the president referred to them as ghosts because none was willing to come out openly to dialogue with the government! If you had put your brain to work, you would have realised that I only questioned why those arrested were yet to be prosecuted! Just may be, because they are "Ghosts"! To an empty-brained fool like you, anyone critical of GEJ must be a Tinubu or Buhari's loyalist!
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
I think ACN can start by listing Boko-Harram's demands and tell Nigerians which of the known Boko Harram demands they wish to concede to. That is what responsible opposition parties do!!!!

ACN should tell Nigerians which of the following demands by Boko Harram they are will to concede to:

1. Suspension of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
2. Practicing Full Blown Sharia in all parts of Nigeria
3. Rejection of Western Education / Civilization
4. Prevention of Girls from going to School

Which of these demands are ACN willing to accept? that should form the basis of any dialogue on amnesty.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by wesley80(m): 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Open display of idiocy. Imagine the foolish kindargaten logic of ACN's national spokesman!
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by AustineE1: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
mikeansy: I think ACN can start by listing Boko-Harram's demands and tell Nigerians which of the known Boko Harram demands they wish to concede to. That is what responsible opposition parties do!!!!

ACN should tell Nigerians which of the following demands by Boko Harram they are will to concede to:

Which of these demands are ACN willing to accept? that should form the basis of any dialogue on amnesty.
...i had wanted to write about the foolishness of the so-called opposition party called ACN and how they ve grown from stupidity to megascopic idiocy,but after reading your post,i realised that you ve said it all and you are right on point!!!the opposition party's unneccessary and senseless criticism is even attracting sympathy for the ruling party(PDP) and many Nigerians are now developing special attachment for the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by jmaine: 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
wesley80: Open display of idiocy. Imagine the foolish kindargaten logic of ACN's national spokesman!

It's Gross foolishness on display by the so called ACN scribe . . . .
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by theripper: 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Probably ACN has a lasting solution to this Boko Haram Insurgency. Is there something Alhaji Lai Mohammed aint telling us?
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by Vado(m): 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
ACN in the person of Lai Muhammed goofed on this one. Arrant nonsense. So they should grant religion fundamentalists amnesty abi? Friends and families of those who had been slained don't deserve justice?
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by karlmax2: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
ACN = ACTION CRITICS OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by takedat(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
mikeansy: I think ACN can start by listing Boko-Harram's demands and tell Nigerians which of the known Boko Harram demands they wish to concede to. That is what responsible opposition parties do!!!!

Incisive post!
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by Dibiachukwu: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2013

Where are all them ACN 40 laptop-deficient supporters! Please ask your party to hanser this one. sharp sharp

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by hercules07: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2013

But Jonathan is already talking to them, is he also going to grant them those wishes?
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by gratiaeo(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
ACN is a disgrace!!!!!
As much as i don't like PDP administration, I'll never substitute them with ACN/APC
There is NO opposition party yet in Nigeria
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by Elueme: 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
In the nick of time all the wolves in sheep's clothings shall be exposed just as ACN are beginning to show who they are. I naturally will not like PDP but I have this conviction that ACN is worse and deceptive only taking advantage of the general disenchantment at the government of the day for the successive leadership failure that has pledged the country to present themselves a greek gift . I am the last to fall for this gimmick... It is becoming clearer who the real sponsors of this heartless and faceless group are.
Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
And this is the party that Okorocha wants to bring to Igboland and even went ahead to boast that Acn will win the almighty OMANBALA! We can all see how sound Okorochas judgement is. Make kerosine burn him left n.yanch!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2013

What do you expect from a party of inept old rogues like Tinubu,an irrational ill-tempered loudmouth like Okorocha and outdaated politician like Buhari ? I dey laugh in Beafs voice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World / Non- Remittance: NNPC Says Sanusi Playing Politics / After 12 Productive Years, Abike Dabiri-erewa Bows Out Gracefully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.