Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren (23846 Views)

Bigadier-General Sule Zakari Is Director-General Of NYSC Now (Photo) / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Region Of Director-General's Of SSS since 1999-till date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
Just read on NTA this evening of the sacking of the DG NCAA Mr Harold Demuren. The action is effective March 12, 2013. All the best!

President Jonathan Fires Director-General of NCAA, Harold Demuren

By SaharaReporters, New York
Harold Demuren, the Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, has been removed from office with immediate effect.

A statement by the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation said Mr. Demuren was removed as a result of pressure from "aviation stakeholders". The statement did not say the nature of the pressure, nor indicate the stakeholders involved.

President Goodluck Jonathan was said to have approved the removal. Dr. Demuren also confirmed his removal via a text message to to Saharareporters

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-fires-director-general-ncaa-harold-demuren

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by OmoTier1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
If true, Nigerians should better stick to thier road travels. The ex-DG should return to the US or better go to one of those African countries and help them with the wealth of experience He has in Aviation.

When you allow a mediocre take reign of rulership cowardly act becomes the trade mark of leadership.

14 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by seunfly: 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
I don't know how true the news is, but he has been having a battle/cold war with the minister of aviation for some time now.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by OmoTier1(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
seunfly: I don't know how true the news is, but he has been having a battle/cold war with the minister of aviation for some time now.
You mean the minister that has been using wet paint to rub the airports around the country? What does she know about Aviation?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by wesley80(m): 10:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
Omo_Tier1: If true, Nigerians should better stick to thier road travels. The ex-DG should return to the US or better go to one of those African countries and help them with the wealth of experience He has in Aviation.

When you allow a mediocre take reign of rulership cowardly act becomes the trade mark of leadership.
Plenty plenty talk, little little sense. We know your mouth is bigger than your head but do you mind drawing on some common sense from the pit of your stomach?
Let me guide you; Oya how was Demuren transforming our aviation sector with his "wealth of experience" b4 this sack which you're not sure what he did/didnt do to suddenly deserve?

23 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by otokx(m): 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
what evil did he do?
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by takedat(m): 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hope the presidency wasn't pressured into sacking him by the NASS.
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/nass-to-fg-revoke-danas-licence-sack-ncaa-boss-demuren/

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by luli4life: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
Keneking: Just read on NTA this evening of the sacking of the DG NCAA Mr Harold Demuren. The action is effective March 12, 2013. All the best!
. President Jonathan Fires Director-General of NCAA, Harold Demuren

March 11, 2013 - 21:11 — siteadmin

Harold Demuren, the Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, has been removed from office with immediate effect.

A statement by the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation said Mr. Demuren was removed as a result of pressure from "aviation stakeholders".  The statement did not say the nature of the pressure, nor indicate the stakeholders involved.  

President Goodluck Jonathan was said to have approved the removal. Dr. Demuren also confirmed his removal via a text message to to Saharareporters.

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by luli4life: 10:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Keneking: Just read on NTA this evening of the sacking of the DG NCAA Mr Harold Demuren. The action is effective March 12, 2013. All the best!
. President Jonathan Fires Director-General of NCAA, Harold Demuren

March 11, 2013 - 21:11 — siteadmin

A statement by the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation said Mr. Demuren was removed as a result of pressure from "aviation stakeholders".  The statement did not say the nature of the pressure, nor indicate the stakeholders involved.  

President Goodluck Jonathan was said to have approved the removal. Dr. Demuren also confirmed his removal via a text message to to Saharareporters.
http://www.saharareporters.com

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by takedat(m): 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
teskyg: Yoruba People are Dullards.They are conniving with Aboki to ruin this country.Its better ther are shown the way out.You will agree with me that his sack was long over due when he could not properly respond to operational questions from the House of Rep after the Dana Airline crash.
Ten gods cannot change the opinion of one fool! A fool takes no delight in understanding but only in expressing his opinion. The fool lacks sense and shows everyone how stupiid he is!

70 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by teskyg: 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
Take Dat is the biggest fool in the Universe.A fool at Forty is a fool forever.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by OmoTier1(m): 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
wesley80:
Plenty plenty talk, little little sense. We know your mouth is bigger than your head but do you mind drawing on some common sense from the pit of your stomach?
Let me guide you; Oya how was Demuren transforming our aviation sector with his "wealth of experience" b4 this sack which you're not sure what he did/didnt do to suddenly deserve?

Do you expect me to engage someone like you in a discuss? Disgruntled element. Is it not those who tell you lies and punish you with evil that you glorify in your accursed clime? Any wonder most aviation expat have gone abroad to use their knowledge to advance the course of humanity and you'll continue to perish from one plane crash to another? You guys haven't seen anything yet. You think aviation is an industry where mediocrity is worshiped?

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Ngwakwe: 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
He has served out his term and has become complacent.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by OmoTier1(m): 11:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ngwakwe:
He has served out his term and has become complacent.
In what way has He become. Complacent? Do you know what it means to operate in a lawless nation without institution of governance? This man brought about so many charges that saw Nigeria skies a safe heaven in fly in again during Obasanjo cum Yar'dua era because He had the backing of the FG to bring sanity to the aviation industry.

Like I said, He should go to Ethiopia, they would value Him big time or better still go to Ghana and go help them strength their Aviation industry and help them get CAT1 status. I am sure then Nigeria will value their own .

12 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 11:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
Why will an obviously performing Demuren be sacked just because of pressure from "aviation stakeholders" ? Who are these so called "stakeholders" ? I don't blame anybody sha, its the office of the SSG I blame for releasing this kind of crappy statement without stating the reasons why. Demuren was an important pillar in Nigeria's aviation industry and he shall sorely be missed.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by OmoTier1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
talktimi: Why will an obviously performing Demuren be sacked just because of pressure from "aviation stakeholders" ? Who are these so called "stakeholders" ? I don't blame anybody sha, its the office of the SSG I blame for releasing this kind of crappy statement without stating the reasons why. Demuren was an important pillar in Nigeria's aviation industry and he shall sorely be missed.
It's called fresh air Mr. Talkimi wink After-all, your drunken fisherman approved the sack letter.. No undecided....
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by takedat(m): 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
teskyg: Take Dat is the biggest fool in the Universe.A fool at Forty is a fool forever.
Na so the thing pain you? grin All who are prudent act with knowledge but fools expose their folly. Brainless ghoul!

20 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by PointB: 12:02am On Mar 12, 2013
Em, eh - who is this Dedirin? What exactly does he do in NCAA, and why has no one actually felt his impact?

Anyway, I trust someone capable will fill his post. There is no point supporting dead weights.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Afam4eva(m): 12:37am On Mar 12, 2013
I want to believe that man has been in that position since i was born. I was beginning to think that his father owned the NCCA. I don't know how much impact he has made in that agency and i guess it can't be much cos we would have seen it.

11 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva: I want to believe that man has been in that position since i was born. I was beginning to think that his father owned the NCCA. I don't know how much impact he has made in that agency and i guess it can't be much cos we would have seen it.

He was instrumental in ensuring that Nigeria attained the US CAT 1 status. This enabled our domestic airlines to fly directly to the US on Nigerian-registered aircraft.

26 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TableLeg(m): 12:44am On Mar 12, 2013
The otueke fisherman has just done what he does best .......... smh
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 12, 2013
Table Leg :
The otueke fisherman has just done what he does best .......... smh

I don't think Demuren should have been fired. I rate him as one of the best ever NCAA DGs. undecided

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 12, 2013
What's d argument about demuren being complacant or not, he is out I mean sacked, sacked for another GEJs loyalist to share from d national cake. Because I see no wrong commited by this man to deserve a sack.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 12, 2013
This is long overdue.He has outlived his usefulness in the agency.If Nigeria were to be a sane country he ought to have been placed on compulsory leave a long time ago considering his high handedness in running the agency.A good look at how the airline companies run their services under his watchful eyes tells more of the need for him to be throne out.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Afam4eva(m): 12:50am On Mar 12, 2013
dvdon: What's d argument about demuren being complacant or not, he is out I mean sacked, sacked for another GEJs loyalist to share from d national cake. Because I see no wrong commited by this man to deserve a sack.
That you see no wrong doesn't know Jonathan's government saw no wrong.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by wildchild1: 12:56am On Mar 12, 2013
Op kindly correct the typo...Its NCAA not NCCA..

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by babadey(m): 12:57am On Mar 12, 2013
I don't even know this guy maybe he was sacked cos he's LOYAL to a "bigman" instead of GEJ. Now,its those who are loyal to GEJ enemies they sack.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by OAM4J: 1:01am On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva: I want to believe that man has been in that position since i was born. I was beginning to think that his father owned the NCAA. I don't know how much impact he has made in that agency and i guess it can't be much cos we would have seen it.

Dr. Demurin is an experienced Aeronautical Engineer. He was retired in 1995 as a Director of Safety Services In NCAA because of his strict adherent to safety. Went to float Afrijet and was the MD/CEO of the cargo airline before OBJ appointed him DG NCAA after Bellview and Sosoliso Airlines crashes to restore sanity in the aviation Industry and he went on to help Nigeria attained the US CAT 1 status after those incidents.

He has done well for the aviation Industry, only hope his sack was not out of flimsy excuses or caused by these so called aviation stakeholders wanting to resume their "cutting corners" as Marwa once put it. And I hope another competent person will be appointed.

45 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by hustla242: 1:02am On Mar 12, 2013
Prior to his appointment in 2005, there were no direct flights between Nigeria and USA. There are now several direct flights between Nigeria and U.S. destinations including Atlanta, New York and Washington D.C., services to Houston began in November 2011.

Goes to show it takes more than doctorates from Harvard, M.I.T or Cambridge to serve in Nigeria. Nigeria needs to forget about bringing in "technocrats" from abroad.. stick to local champions content; they are more familiar with the business environment.

Unfortunately mediocrity rules in Nigeria undecided

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unrest At OSHODI In Lagos / Patience Jonathan's Visit To Ekiti State (Photos) / Know The 81 Campaign Promises Of President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.