Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (26396 Views)

Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone / ‘revealed: Jaji Bombs Manufactured In The Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Odunharry(m): 2:03am On Mar 13, 2013
senator weedman: odunharry, who be the zombie soldier 4 ur family , way make you live for barracks?
zombie ke??
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by danikik7: 2:52am On Mar 13, 2013
Nigerian barracks whether police or Army are all ghetto.It is a hell of a place generally.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Temismith(f): 3:04am On Mar 13, 2013
? AS in?
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Temismith(f): 3:12am On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=Odunharry][/quote]hey dude, I donno d barracks u re talkin about, but am very sure dat airforse base its not anything near ur description. I stayed in NAF BASE for 12years and mhen, twas a gud childhood experience. All d kids came out to play wen our parents had gone to work and as soon as u see ur parents coming, u scamper like a mad dog. Twas a place where pidgin english was our language of communication. We never shared toilets cos evry house had deirs. We never paid nepa bills too.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nobody: 3:49am On Mar 13, 2013
[b]The only experience i had in the Barracks was during my NYSC days way back in 103 Barracks in Enugu.I spent about 6 months there after i was allocated an apartment.I can't really tell of the day to day lives of the Military men and their family or the Civilians that lives there cause we were warned to disassociate ourselves from them so as not to get into trouble and there was this fine babe i was eyeing badly but the girl was shy to come visit me in my room because their own block was opposite mine.But i press the girl bobby wella sha.Only God knows where that one go dey now.Then i dey promise am marriage as a bad guy na when won chop something.It was mad fun.With beautiful girls all over the place but you can't touch.And we heard these girls are cheerful givers but you just can't near them.I remember a night we had a serious fight with one korofo.There is this corper in our lodge that was actually going out with one of them so we had some issues with her.At the middle of the night the girl went to bring this dude to come pick us up.But my next door neighbor also a corper does not take sh.it.Immediately the Korofo opened his door while he was having a good time with his chick my guy provoke once.He gave the korofo the slap of his life and less than a minute we were crowded by many of them.Come see serious fight.That day i knew some soldiers are lazy in terms of fight.At the end we were all matched to the Adjutant's house that night and the officer in charge of corpers stood behind us if not we for see Oba that day.He told us we were too slow that we should have beaten the korofo blue black before others came.The guy get mouth being an Officer.That night we were threatened that we will be locked in the guard room because we had immunity as Corpers"Federal Government property".After much appeal from other officers we were told to apologize to the soldiers we tore their clothes.Apart from that there was a lot of bush meat allowance from the Army day sec. school for some of my fellow corp members.The small girls loose nor be small.There was still another time i had an issue with one officer that just came out from NDA who did'nt know i was a corper and wanted me to pick dirts on the floor.For were?I nor gree.When he later inquired who i was he now said now i see but i will get you another time.Come see as i take buga waka leave am.It was really fun.The Barrack was so dusty and filled with a lot of kids.The Officers were always claiming superiority over Korofo.I also do enjoy seeing soldiers come back from Peace mission and how their whole family go to wait for them when they alight from the buses that convey them.Military men are the most organised men i have ever seen.They live a regimented life.I hope to visit the place in the future sha[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 13, 2013
Odunharry:
cyril i guess u dnt stay in 9ja.cos if u do you will knw dat they all stay in barracks.
Go to boundary or apapa and ask of naval barrack or go else where you see them there.
A barrack is where they stay with their family.some bases 2 have barracks bt u hardly c pipu stay there bt many of their staff works there.

Airforce base and naval base,its not called barracks officially, I was born and still live in airforce base.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 13, 2013
Never lived in one
Have no love or admiration for any Nigerian uniformed man
I actually dumped a prospective spouse because he was in the military
The non commissioned officers look like hungry,trigger happy low life highway beggars and rap.ists that procreate like roaches
The officers all looked like womanizing drunkards to me
Felt somewhat protected around the bobo sha but when it came to marriage,my spirit and soul said no and I bolted and ran into the loving arms of a fellow civilian.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by toluleke(m): 4:52am On Mar 13, 2013
Sike: [size=20]NO[/size][b]NEVER DID, NEVER WILL
i tink someone needs to invent RETARDOMETER so many stewpid ppl in hia,share ur experience and nt wat u typed
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Parnassuss(m): 5:26am On Mar 13, 2013
rawsh247: Guy, shutup ur mouth and pack ur clueless stories go sit down fr one corner...5people in a bathroom, throwin pple from up to down stairs..guy u don fail..ur lies is as fake as chinco phones

Guy pipe low abeg, when you see barrack way you know him story na lie?

I lived in barracks for 22 years, but as my papa na officer well...na the ajebo side me dey. But soldiers' quarters, esp jnr NCOs been bad at one point gan. Now Nigerian Army don borrow small brain but there is still much to be done abeg, soldiers' living quarters need overhaul

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by ifyalways(f): 5:38am On Mar 13, 2013
I have an uncle in the barracks/army and visit every now and then,it's nothing close to what the OP described.Their barracks is neat and quiet.If there is anything i dislike,its the various laws of keep right or left on the driveways within the barracks.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Archmed(m): 5:51am On Mar 13, 2013
I was born and bred in the barracks.Odogbo and 192 army baraks in Ibadan and Owode-Idiroko respectivly.
As sons and daughters of Officers and soldiers,d word discipline was entrenched.I wont lie abt d negative part of barrack life.Dirt,prostitution,brutality,gossip,waywardness,truancy,gambling,malnutrition ...name them,in any case,are all dis vices peculiar to 2barrack life alone?does it mean we dont have dem in our civilian society?Its easy 2 term these vices a barrack thing because of the confinement.Its also a foolish thing to do too.Buh i didnt assimilate all dis,all i assmilated was d concept of discipline passd 2us by our fathers,mutual respect and interactn,self reliance,ruggedity and endurance-d hallmarks of military life.
Like our fathers,we learn to be strong bold and if need be, confrontational,dat is mistaken as stubborness by bloody civilians.
I love my barrackLIFE!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Chidave20(m): 6:11am On Mar 13, 2013
I stay in d barracks nw nd i must confes,diferent characters...wel u hv d good bad nd ugly...d barracks is fun coz above al u r slytly protected...gossip 4rm co workers..among oda tins...
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by chukxie(m): 6:19am On Mar 13, 2013
I don't know where the writer of this post got his experiences from. He should've stated what kind of barracks he was referring to. I lived in Bonny Camp from 1980 to 1990. Our block like other blocks had very comfortable apartments and all basic amenities. Each family lived in a one livingroom / one bedroom apt with a kitchen and bathroom. We had running water and used to drink water directly from the faucets! I enjoyed the years i lived in the barracks. It toughened me up and in some ways made me the person i am today. I'm a barracks boy!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Souljaboi1: 6:24am On Mar 13, 2013
knockturnal: Barry boy for life. I rep camp 5, Ojo Military barracks, Lasgidi.
Nice to meet you. I rep New Building, Ojo Military Barracks. Lagos. Largest Barracks in W.Africa.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Kirinwa: 6:26am On Mar 13, 2013
I like your story o.What rank were you given as a Corper or were you rankless?
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by chukxie(m): 6:31am On Mar 13, 2013
babyosisi: Never lived in one
The non commissioned officers look like hungry,trigger happy low life highway beggars and rap.ists that procreate like roaches
Felt somewhat protected around the bobo sha but when it came to marriage,my spirit and soul said no and I bolted and ran into the loving arms of a fellow civilian.

The men and women in uniform (not the road blocking and bribe taking ones) help safe guard our country every day from both internal and external internet threats regardless of how inadequately equipped they are. It's grossly unfair for you to bad-mouth every uniformed man and i add, uniformed woman because of a few bad ones.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by chukxie(m): 6:38am On Mar 13, 2013
danikik7: Nigerian barracks whether police or Army are all ghetto.It is a hell of a place generally.

Did you live in one? I lived in Bonny Camp Barracks in Victoria Island and i can emphatically say it wasn't a ghetto. We had a very comfy lifestyle. I rep Bonny Camp Barracks Block 1.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by azeeza(f): 6:43am On Mar 13, 2013
I don stay 4 barack and we no dey share bathroom and toilet. Both ogun and cross river state, our enviroment was conducive.
Odunharry:
mumu lyk u...c fool o....
Blieve it or not dat s d truth or go ask those who have lived in barracks before.
A Barrack normally have 4 bathrooms,2 4 d males n 2 4 males with 27 or atyms 18 rooms in a barrack depending on how it is built...
Hater like u,abeg go use head knack stone 10times.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Rapmoney(m): 6:51am On Mar 13, 2013
chingyjant: [b]The only experience i had in the Barracks was during my NYSC days way back in 103 Barracks in Enugu.I spent about 6 months there after i was allocated an apartment.I can't really tell of the day to day lives of the Military men and their family or the Civilians that lives there cause we were warned to disassociate ourselves from them so as not to get into trouble and there was this fine babe i was eyeing badly but the girl was shy to come visit me in my room because their own block was opposite mine.But i press the girl bobby wella sha.Only God knows where that one go dey now.Then i dey promise am marriage as a bad guy na when won chop something.It was mad fun.With beautiful girls all over the place but you can't touch.And we heard these girls are cheerful givers but you just can't near them.I remember a night we had a serious fight with one korofo.There is this corper in our lodge that was actually going out with one of them so we had some issues with her.At the middle of the night the girl went to bring this dude to come pick us up.But my next door neighbor also a corper does not take sh.it.Immediately the Korofo opened his door while he was having a good time with his chick my guy provoke once.He gave the korofo the slap of his life and less than a minute we were crowded by many of them.Come see serious fight.That day i knew some soldiers are lazy in terms of fight.At the end we were all matched to the Adjutant's house that night and the officer in charge of corpers stood behind us if not we for see Oba that day.He told us we were too slow that we should have beaten the korofo blue black before others came.The guy get mouth being an Officer.That night we were threatened that we will be locked in the guard room because we had immunity as Corpers"Federal Government property".After much appeal from other officers we were told to apologize to the soldiers we tore their clothes.Apart from that there was a lot of bush meat allowance from the Army day sec. school for some of my fellow corp members.The small girls loose nor be small.There was still another time i had an issue with one officer that just came out from NDA who did'nt know i was a corper and wanted me to pick dirts on the floor.For were?I nor gree.When he later inquired who i was he now said now i see but i will get you another time.Come see as i take buga waka leave am.It was really fun.The Barrack was so dusty and filled with a lot of kids.The Officers were always claiming superiority over Korofo.I also do enjoy seeing soldiers come back from Peace mission and how their whole family go to wait for them when they alight from the buses that convey them.Military men are the most organised men i have ever seen.They live a regimented life.I hope to visit the place in the future sha[/b]

O boy, u too dey lie! Lie go kill u! So una fight with officers of the Nigerian Army, na im wetin happen for Odi, Bayelsa State no happen to una? Go find KG3 pupils tell...or you go boil granites.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Adufaye(m): 7:05am On Mar 13, 2013
All baracks na borin plc,army baracks ojo na bush ful am,no moni 2 build hus,n dy get 2 many rules,fine e no fine,i no live der bt i don enta am....navy town ojo,na 1 of d best n beautiful barack 4 naija,bt na thieves dem dy train der n al d gals na ashi,dem d slip wit any seaman wey jst cum out 4 akaso,u go hardly hear noise 4 d barack,thou na road 3-8 na e dy lively wit snr rate quatas,officer quatas dul,borin no noise,captain quatas na grave yard,u no go knw say pple dy liv der,bt d place fine die,n e neat,in short e b lyk america! Jst tank God say ma papa choose outside barack,n navy no disturb am ! Bt al ma sch na 4 d barack
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by chucky234(m): 7:11am On Mar 13, 2013
babyosisi: Never lived in one
Chei see tori
LWKMD
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by dj187: 7:20am On Mar 13, 2013
OP u miss d part wey an army office go dey shine him fellow army officer wife congo wen him fellow army officer no dey around, possible on duty grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by angelsing(m): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2013
@Adufaye: navy town is really cool, apart from the junior quarters were u have so much pple. The other quarters are really quite and beatiful.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by sexyboocalher(f): 7:23am On Mar 13, 2013
[b][/b][b][/b]Trust some women,them get phd for gossip

Paying nepa bill wasn't a big deal there.,kitchen too cos each room has a kitchen.

How about washing and drying of clothes, chai dat na something else..you just need to stand at the entrance of the barrack, you go ask weda here na laundry or barrac

it was fun and i can tell you i still miss my old pals..we have pipu from different religious and ethnic backgrounds. We mix and relate easily. we played all kind of play when we were young, we go to school together, house to house to eat during xmas and new year and dem must roger us b4 we leave(tax collector

My dear, frm al ds U̶̲̥̅̊ v stated, its certain U̶̲̥̅̊ eida stayed in an army or police barrack. If U̶̲̥̅̊ had stayed on airforce base, U̶̲̥̅̊ wld v had a diff story cos evry airforce base U̶̲̥̅̊ com across is alwys vry neat. My dad was an aiforce, my kid bro n sis r also in d JOB!!! Evry kid dat s[b][/b]caled tru livin in d barracks r mostly doin well. If d barracks didn't mk U̶̲̥̅̊ , den it broke U̶̲̥̅̊ n in ur case U̶̲̥̅̊ were broken cos U̶̲̥̅̊ r so insultive
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 13, 2013
F
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by Ribaman(m): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2013
Odunharry: I didn't stay in face-me-I-face-you but in the barracks for 17yrs, cheii..it almost as worse as slap-me-i-slap-u....
too many children in one room...

Child A and child B from different family go fight, e den turn to JTF vs BOKO Haram. Come see as dem dey trowey person from step go down. Na dia husband dey settle am, the next morning e go continue.

Trust some women,them get phd for gossiping.

How about time to bath? chai,you will see like 5 people at the bathroom at same time. Na barracks naa, nobody send anybody.

Paying nepa bill wasn't a big deal there.,kitchen too cos each room has a kitchen.

The most annoying one na when dem pour you either pepper water, fish and meat water or even zobo water wen you dey play ball for down..na water make dem use wash plate or cloth worse pass.

The children there are stubborn and wicked too o. when 4yr old pikin piss for your head you go know say though water na water, piss different from rain.

How about washing and drying of clothes, chai dat na something else..you just need to stand at the entrance of the barrack, you go ask weda here na laundry or barrack.

If you are a wicked and stingy person, barracks boys go show you something, if you send any pikin rice 100,beans 50 and 2meat, na dia your own finish o..na rice 60, beans 30 and 2 meat e go buy come or make him come lie say money loss. trust na, you no go fit do anything.

What about pipu make dey smell film and food..oh my God! some children na expert...e get one make dem dey call Wale, dat one dey smell film o from 2nd floor as you dey put the film the bobo don enta your house like rat.. the oda one Hassan chaii, as you dey put food for table him don enter.

it was fun and i can tell you i still miss my old pals..we have pipu from different religious and ethnic backgrounds. We mix and relate easily. we played all kind of play when we were young, we go to school together, house to house to eat during xmas and new year and dem must roger us b4 we leave(tax collector).lol.

@ OP
I can swear that you have never lived in an Army barracks. Your post is a composite from various sources.
The Airforce and Navy barracks are in a class of their own, for many reasons.
Even amongst the Army barracks, there the Grade A ones like, Ojo Cantonment,Ikeja cantonment, Ribadu Cantonment, Mokola Barracks, Depot Barracks Zaria, and Rukuba barracks. The foregoing are the A-listers, the other are small time barracks of one brigade or units.
The life in the A-listers is not the same as life in the small ones.
Will be back with more gist, make I try do some work first.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by DonTim1: 7:30am On Mar 13, 2013
Now I miss eburutu barracks in calabar,the tombola nights,the batthroom waiting,damn! I hate d fatique days,enjoyed d constant n free power,water and housing.was there as a corper.

Miss d evening games with thhe soldiers n officers,I miss working for em.

Learnt a lot about military,and also d power drunk attitude of d new posted officers from NDA,but in all we corp members were treated as officers.

Mess life wasn't so sweet but wasn't boring either.

No restriction to d babes o,get anyone u like n do anything but dare not go near underage wey d papa na soldier,ur own finish (some dared anyway)

Big ups to eburutu corpers!
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by gsmcoder: 7:35am On Mar 13, 2013
The cantonment commandant once warned soldiers to stop training goats in the barracks.
One day we saw soldiers chasing goats left and right. A few hours later my dad called
me and junior brother asking if we can kill goat. I objected but went to watch hundreds
of goats get assasinated oooboy my dad was a col. by then we had a very big share.
Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by mosquitoNet(m): 7:36am On Mar 13, 2013
Odunharry: I didn't stay in face-me-I-face-you but in the barracks for 17yrs, cheii..it almost as worse as slap-me-i-slap-u....
too many children in one room...

Child A and child B from different family go fight, e den turn to JTF vs BOKO Haram. Come see as dem dey trowey person from step go down. Na dia husband dey settle am, the next morning e go continue.

Trust some women,them get phd for gossiping.

How about time to bath? chai,you will see like 5 people at the bathroom at same time. Na barracks naa, nobody send anybody.

The most annoying one na when dem pour you either pepper water, fish and meat water or even zobo water wen you dey play ball for down..na water make dem use wash plate or cloth worse pass.

The children there are stubborn and wicked too o. when 4yr old pikin piss for your head you go know say though water na water, piss different from rain.

How about washing and drying of clothes, chai dat na something else..you just need to stand at the entrance of the barrack, you go ask weda here na laundry or barrack.

If you are a wicked and stingy person, barracks boys go show you something, if you send any pikin rice 100,beans 50 and 2meat, na dia your own finish o..na rice 60, beans 30 and 2 meat e go buy come or make him come lie say money loss. trust na, you no go fit do anything.

What about pipu make dey smell film and food..oh my God! some children na expert...e get one make dem dey call Wale, dat one dey smell film o from 2nd floor as you dey put the film the bobo don enta your house like rat.. the oda one Hassan chaii, as you dey put food for table him don enter.

it was fun and i can tell you i still miss my old pals..we have pipu from different religious and ethnic backgrounds. We mix and relate easily. we played all kind of play when we were young, we go to school together, house to house to eat during xmas and new year and dem must roger us b4 we leave(tax collector).lol.
once upon a time in dodan barracks('93 to '95, obalende, ikoyi, lagos. Omo no be small tin oh! You go see where pesin dressed to impress dey waka jejely behind dem blocks dem, before ein know e hear "praaaapapapashaaaaashooo" omo na shyte water dey flow come down from damaged sewage shyte carrier

Mhen I can't forget when IBB was still head of state, anytime baba dey come state house it always fun. Na so we go stay for side road dey cheerup! Dat time na #20 dey before #50(highest denomination). Dem dey throw us #20 and short bread biscuit. Those days sweet weller oh!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. by kelvin1191(m): 7:42am On Mar 13, 2013
barrack na d best place to stay if you think u ar rugged. I enjoyed my stay at 44 barrack. Mj, shekpe, every thing is legal there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

thanks 4 derailing my thread / Happiest And Saddest Moments in Your Life? / Regulators Ignored Warnings On ‘bad Shape’ Of FPSO Vessel Before Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.