Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? (774 Views)

There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? / Who Was Abraham's Father? Azar (Quran) Or Terah (Bible)? Which Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
I don't want Bible written in archaic English like the King James Version. Please which one?
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by thorpido(m): 7:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
It depends on your level of spiritual growth.I will recommend either the Amplified version or the NIV.
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Goshen360(m): 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
KJV in MODERN day English is NEW LIVING TRANSLATION (NLT).
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 12, 2013
thorpido: It depends on your level of spiritual growth.I will recommend either the Amplified version or the NIV.
Goshen360: KJV in MODERN day English is NEW LIVING TRANSLATION (NLT).
Thanks.
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by truthislight: 8:04am On Mar 13, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Thanks.

Get as many different a translation as possible.

Always make comperism.
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2013
truthislight:

Get as many different a translation as possible.

Always make comperism.
Ok.
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Goshen360(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
^ ^ ^
Also, truthislight is correct and exactly the same thing I do - using many or all available translations but most of them online after sticking to my favourites, like 5 translations I have come to love. For MOST available English translations Online, please visit:

1. http://bible.cc/matthew/23-9.htm and
2. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians%2011:17-18&version=EXB

Using from the #2, you should be able to love The Expanded Bible. Enter a verse from scriptures and see how it translates.

I hope you enjoy STUDYING God's word in truth and spirit.
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Alfamann: 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
It depends on what you want to hear. There is every translation to cater for every taste. There are even ones for gay people so the choice is yours.
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by channel190(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
Goshen360: ^ ^ ^
Also, truthislight is correct and exactly the same thing I do - using many or all available translations but most of them online after sticking to my favourites, like 5 translations I have come to love. For MOST available English translations Online, please visit:

1. http://bible.cc/matthew/23-9.htm and
2. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians%2011:17-18&version=EXB

Using from the #2, you should be able to love The Expanded Bible. Enter a verse from scriptures and see how it translates.

I hope you enjoy STUDYING God's word in truth and spirit.
lol
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
The bible's gat more holes than cheerios bro........i'd advise you go for a p.orn magazine.........more realistic
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Joagbaje(m): 4:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
Uncanny Genius: I don't want Bible written in archaic English like the King James Version. Please which one?

King James to me is still the best direct translation. But you can't really have a. Best modern version. I font even advise you stick to one. you need more.
The best bible I will recommend for you is the parallel bible. It has four translations in one book. Some have more.
Re: I Want To Buy A New Bible. Which One Is The Best Modern English Version? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
@All. Thanks for your contribution. I really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

T.O. Obadare, Nigeria’s Blind Prophet, Dead / This Is Live: Pastor In Spiritual Battle With Juju Priest In Front Of His Church / Why Tithing Is Not A Must For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.