Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa (28541 Views)

Photo Of Wike And Tambuwal In Cheerful Mood At Presidential Villa Today. / Ike Ekweremadu Explains Why They Fought At The NASS Today / Akpabio & Aliyu Nearly Fought At PDP Governors' Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Stallion77(f): 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
The two exchanged words over the handling of the murder of the Edo Governor’s aide.

Talatu

The National Council of State meeting which held at the Presidential Villa on Tuesday witnessed a hot argument between an enraged governor and a minister.

The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomole; and the Attorney General of the Federation, Bello Adoke engaged in an argument over the handling of the murder of Mr. Oshiomole’s former’s aide, Olaitan Oyerinde.

The drama, which occurred at the Council Chambers hall of the Presidential Villa, saw the duo on the verge of a fight until the Chief of Staff, Mike Oghiadome; Delta State Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan; and other governors stepped in to save the day.

The altercation started when, during pre-meeting interactions, Mr. Adoke left his seat and moved over to Mr. Oshiomole. A hot exchange of words over the handling of Oyerinde’s death subsequently ensued.

The Council of State meeting, which was attended by former Heads of State, Yakubu Gowon, Ernest Shonekan and Shehu Shagari; Senate President, David Mark; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal; governors; ministers; and senior government officials was chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Speaking with journalists after the meeting on the reason for his outburst, Mr. Oshiomole said Mr. Adoke had trivialized his office as governor, adding that the matter was wrongly referred to the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice by the Deputy Inspector General of Police, instead of the State’s Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.

“I don’t think it is an issue I want to talk about. He (Mr. Adoke) was saying that my Attorney General should have known what to do, that he has nothing to do with the matter. I simply asked him who referred the matter to him. Was it my Attorney General? The matter was referred to him by the Deputy Inspector General of Police and I asked him who should know better?

“If the Deputy Inspector General of Police referred a matter that he ought to have referred to the State to the Federal Attorney General, who is the one dragging him (Mr. Adoke) into the matter? Who is the one politicizing the matter? Should we assume that the DIG did not know that an offense of murder is a state offense? And if he knows it’s a state offense why did he refer it to the Federal Attorney General? So, if there is any complaints he should complain to the DIG who referred the case to him. The rest you witnessed,” the governor said.

Mr. Oshiomhole continued, “The point is that some of these guys- I am a governor, I’m elected; he has to respect my office even if he doesn’t respect my person. In any event, we are dealing with factual issues. If a case was wrongfully referred to the federal attorney general by the Nigeria Police, who is to blame?”

Mr. Oshiomole also said the state government had earlier complained that the matter ought to have been referred to the Edo State Director of Public Prosecutions and not federal because it is a state offense committed in Edo State.

“It’s like the case of a he-goat. When a family is happy they sacrifice the he-goat to celebrate. When the child is sick the native doctor says, sacrifice a he-goat so that the child will be well. So, head or tail, the he-goat is in trouble.

“Here I am, my primary Secretary is killed, nobody seems to bother. I’m doing my best to raise the issue because that is the least I owe to someone who gave his life. Yet for someone else who does not think life is important, it’s a matter to trivialise and joke about. When it comes to life and death, I don’t joke.

“The essence of governance is to protect life and property. That is fundamental. Even in poverty, people need to feel safe and secure. Nobody has a right under our constitution to take the life of another except if it has been confirmed by a court of competent jurisdiction.

“I was surprised that for the Attorney General it is something he can afford to joke with, telling me that my Attorney General didn’t know what to do,” the governor said.

The Governor advised that office holders should think of how the decisions they make will affect the country as after now, they will all be referred to as “ex”.

However, the Attorney General, in his reaction, denied trivializing the governor’s office.

“I will not disregard his office. He is my personal friend. I have the highest respect for him. I did not trivialise his office and I have no reason to trivialise his office. He is at liberty as a governor in this country to say whatever he wants to say but I will accord his office the highest respect and I will not join issues with him,” he said.

Also speaking on the ongoing plans for the formation of the All Progressive Congress, the Edo State Governor stated that it is the right of political parties to merge. He warned that should the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) refuse to register the party, it would leave itself open to accusation.

“In a genuine democracy, it is in our interest that those in and out of power create a viable alternative platform for people to make an informed choice. No party is too good to rule forever nor is any party too bad to be out of power forever. We have seen what is happening around the African continent. Nigeria must live by example in many respects. It is not about me; it is not about you. Party is not indigeneship; it is a platform of ideas. It is about Nigeria,” Mr. Oshiomole said.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/124348-oshiomole-adoke-in-near-fight-at-presidential-villa.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=oshiomole-adoke-in-near-fight-at-presidential-villa

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by saintohia: 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2013

Huh!

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Omexonomy: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
What is oshiomole doing at Gej house. Buhari and tinunbu most not hear this. Moderators please dont move this to the front page. Let us cover oshiobaba smelling yansh
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Meritbaba(m): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Omexonomy: What is oshiomole doing at Gej house. Buhari and tinunbu most not hear this. Moderators please dont move this to the front page. Let us cover oshiobaba smelling yansh
why not going through the topic before yabbing rubbish?

34 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Stallion77(f): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2013
Omexonomy: What is oshiomole doing at Gej house. Buhari and tinunbu most not hear this. Moderators please dont move this to the front page. Let us cover oshiobaba smelling yansh

na ur type no want make naija better...covering peoples yansh abi?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
2015 struggle in 2013. Focusless PDP and directionlessness Minister want 2 suffocate Nigerians by all means. Let wait nd see who laugh last

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by yanni1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
JudismphD: 2015 struggle in 2013. Focusless PDP and directionlessness Minister want 2 suffocate Nigerians by all means. Let wait nd see who laugh last

Your placement never complete...remains Oshiomole..he aint PDP remember?
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Stallion77(f): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Blame it on the Police...na them start to confuse people with their bullcrap investigations that is forever ongoing.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
As governor he is fighting the case and going nowhere. Once he lives office, that will be the end.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by seunfly: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
If governor can fight dirty 4 justice yet he is not getting it, then local gov chairman is on his own let alone ordinary Nigerians.

17 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Desloaaa(f): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
NEARLY
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by executinal(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
So Adoke with his half leg want to engage Oshiobaba for a fight. Oshiobaba for commit father today grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by 4Play(m): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
seunfly: If governor can fight dirty 4 justice yet he is not getting it, then local gov chairman is on his own let alone ordinary Nigerians.

He, alongside other opposition party Governors, has just participated in a farce that saw the pardon of looters and you claim he's fighting for justice.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by gen2briz(m): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Sebi na nearly no be real fight..... Case close then
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by nagoma(m): 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Oshimole for President!!!
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Deiok(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Ok thank God they didn't go physical.
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Gombs(m): 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
Oshiomhole always making sense

Am igbo,but I won't mind an Oshomole/Buhari ticket else its GEJ all the way

On second tot,Buhari might arrange for his death and finally become president....Hell Freaking NO!

Oshiomhole/Fashola else, GEJ ...the North musnt be in the Equation

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by abbeybanks(m): 9:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
Mr. Jona you know what next nah! Set up a committee to look into the ensued argument and they have two weeks to suBmit their report....

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by doctokwus: 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
I maynot b a fan of Oshiomole,but d dogged & open way he has gone about this oyerinde's murder has really impressed me;d guy must be wherever he is smiling that Oshiomole can use his position to fight for justice for him wen clearly d likes of d nigerian police& d AGF wud want to parade innocent pple as d culprits.If u av neva seen d abracadabra done by d nigerian police as per suspects paraded for alleged crimes,u won't understand y Oshiomole is crystal clear dat d pple paraded by d NP are not anywhere near d real killers

20 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by yhellow(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
executinal: So Adoke with his half leg want to engage Oshiobaba for a fight. Oshiobaba for commit father today grin grin grin

Ʊ are funny, Ʊ be comedian?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by miqos02(m): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
4 Play:

He, alongside other opposition party Governors, has just participated in a farce that saw the pardon of looters and you claim he's fighting for justice.
are we sure there was any deliberations on this matter
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by oseiwe(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
D fight for bloody oh, I knw Adams always carry tools lyk mechanic wey dey go outside work.
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
They should have left the duo, let 'em xchange blows.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by iamswizz(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
nagoma: Oshimole for President!!!
have you heard that mary j. Blige's song titled 'HOPEFULL'
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by HAH: 9:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
Dem for allow oshio baba panel beat that useless Adoke sef.

Oboy oshiomole wey luk like boxer

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by IleIfe2(m): 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Osho, jab am may hin eye sue! hin dey mad?
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by sweetgala(m): 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
KofOshi baba nah rugged man.. The guy for box box Adoke face.. grin
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
Everyday nearly fought, why not fight? I want a fight not an outburst of looters
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
As fight take the hungry our so called ruler this days e be like say the money to share don de finish this one they are very bitter amongst themselves. One day it will be a free of all fight. GEJ vs Sambo, T.A Orji vs Elechi, Rochas vs Fashola, Chime vs Amaechi, Tinubu vs OBJ, Buhari vs IBB (This one go sweet pass) Omoh de fight go tight

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by 80million1: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
okay
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by talk2s(m): 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Information reaching me is that Oshiomhole and all other 'may-be' APC Governors unanimously kicked against and rejected unequivocally the pardorn of Alarm at today's Council of State meeting.
Hip hip hip---hurrah for APC(faction) MAY BE!
Re: Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa by chucky234(m): 9:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
If dem like make dem kill each other,who cares.
Wetin concern agbero with overload

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Abdulmumin Jibrin Arrested Over Attack On Kwankwaso / Cemetery Attendant Wants Funsho Williams Murder Case Retried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.