Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,650 members, 7,955,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality (17597 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / Documentary On Lagos Recently Shown In North America On Documentary Tv Channel: / The Bisi Olatilo Show: Bos Is The Boss Of All Tv Talk Shows In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by ijebabe: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
"Asylum - Bisi," a short documentary film about Bisi Alim, who was one of the first Nigerians to openly discuss his homosexuality on national television and as a result, has put his life of the line.

Alimi faced death threats, stiff opposition, physical and verbal attacks because of his sexual orientation and for his decision to be openly gay.

Now a gay right activist and works with HIV/AIDS programmes, Alimi found asylum in the United Kingdom. He’s documentary features Funmi Iyanda and is also shortlisted for American Public Broadcasting Service Online Film Festival (PBS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJX4fUdOZKU
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by ijebabe: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
VillageBoi have you heard of PBS?
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by VillageBoi(m): 7:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
ijebabe: VillageBoi have you heard of PBS?

What's PBS? Puberty, Boys ... something whatever? I nefa hear of am! lol
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by ijebabe: 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
You are high today o! tongue
They are the ones organising the online film festival. Public Broadcasting Service
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Idowuogbo(f): 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
Abegi! U no u dey naija wey eye dey chook over dat guy on guy ayama, u con enter TV dey declare am? See liver o! Hian!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 13, 2013
*sighs*

VillageBoi:

What's PBS? Puberty, Boys ... something whatever? I nefa hear of am! lol
shocked.....lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by VillageBoi(m): 1:30am On Mar 13, 2013
ijebabe: You are high today o! tongue
They are the ones organising the online film festival. Public Broadcasting Service

Yeah but, no but, yeah but... I'm always high!
Na only now I just watch the documentary. Ah Public Broadcasting Service... no be new thing nah... we dey do otimkpu siiiiiince like 1303. We get the bragging rights!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by VillageBoi(m): 1:31am On Mar 13, 2013
speedyboi: *sighs*
shocked.....lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin

No laff me, I didn't know it until madam tolded me.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
VillageBoi:

No laff me, I didn't know it until madam tolded me.

I wasn't sure of the meaning myself. But 'puberty, boys........' Gini?
Unserious element!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Phaggots again?

We live in a world of double standards - they stay forcing this inane foreign homoerotic lifestyle on African/black people... Yet the same people think polygamy(which is African) is barbaric...

I'm not against phaggots... however, if you want Africans to legalise homoeroticism(which is foreign) - why not legalise polygamy in the Western world for Africans as well?

This phaggot needs to stay in London and stay getting his butt ripped apart over here, don't go over to AFrica... The continent has enough problems already and I'm sure homoeroticism is the last thing they want to start dealing with now... undecided

12 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
Right so why was my post hidden?

Are we promoting Homosexuality now?

Is that what is going on on this Thread?

These last few days,there has been chaos in Nigeria, yet a mod is promoting Fagg0try on his/her thread and hiding complaints.

SMH

3 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by dridowu: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2013
He dare not come to 9ja or else 14yrs behind the bar await him. Homo ? SO ANNOYING

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by martinseme: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
People are kidding with their eternal destination after judgement. A normal healthy human has a lot of cravings which when they contravene law of acceptable norms has to be subdued. We all have the desire to satisfy our pleasure for lust,fame,physical arousals (for fellows same sex,opposite sex,animals and in animate objects), and wealth. But due to the need to maintain social order and cultural norms we have to keep our desires in check and live within the confine of laid down laws. When people now allow their desires to rule over their sense of social justice by breaking laws it then predisposes them to be liable to face punishment be it temporal or permanent. Homosexual is a grave sin against the law of eternal retribution and its offenders are damnable in hell.

4 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Akshow: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
His life, his choice, not my business. I wont judge him cos no be me holy pass. Next pls.
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by KINGwax(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
Even if u fly around d world and get paid by the world as an activist or VIP, so far u're gay, I av nothing against u, but u're still irrelevant to me.
You're suffering from a mental disorder!

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by manny4life(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
WOW
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by eduson33(m): 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
smh
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by karpentar: 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
ijebabe: "Asylum - Bisi," a short documentary film about Bisi Alim, who was one of the first Nigerians to openly discuss his homosexuality on national television and as a result, has put his life of the line.

Alimi faced death threats, stiff opposition, physical and verbal attacks because of his sexual orientation and for his decision to be openly gay.

Now a gay right activist and works with HIV/AIDS programmes, Alimi found asylum in the United Kingdom. He’s documentary features Funmi Iyanda and is also shortlisted for American Public Broadcasting Service Online Film Festival (PBS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJX4fUdOZKU

I don't even know why this babe Funmi Iyanda is so popular. Her voice on TV is the most horrible thing I have heard in recent times. Unbearable!!!

3 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by eduson33(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
karpentar:

I don't even know why this babe Funmi Iyanda is so popular. Her voice on TV is the most horrible thing I have heard in recent times. Unbearable!!!
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by collins125: 4:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
[size=14pt]If you watched this documentary, then you're definitely GAY.

Im not homophobic tho!
[/size]
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Irritant: 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
So all that nigga want now na him fellow guy man yansh,hmmm God I beg o. : :oo cool.

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Theloveth(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
Gay oshi mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Slankey: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
hes not even looking healthy,.. well, i havent watched the vid, and I dont think I will
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
Homosexuality is responsible for HIV and most terrible epidemic in human history.

Homosexuality is an assault on Nigeria tradition,culture and religious system.

I would rather live with apes and monkeys than live with homosexuals.

They are here to tarnish the order of life and a disgusting factor to the principle of marriage.

SAY NO TO HOMOSEXUALITY AND LESBIANISM !

6 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by ogeoflyf(f): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
M stiil wonderin aw muscle G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ atrracted 2 muscle. Aw wld a man look at a fellow man n sex starts runnin thru his mind. Dats sosick. Tufia!! Chineke ekwela ihe ojo. angry angry

1 Like

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
I believe that as humans, we are all entitled to our different beliefs as long as we don't bring others to harm.

SO I say good luck to Bisi in his endeavours, and hope that one day he will be happy.

2 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by blackmale1: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
collins.123:
[size=14pt]If you watched this documentary, then you're definitely GAY.

Im not homophobic tho!
[/size]
exactly [/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]
Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by johnkent(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
shymexx: Phaggots again?

We live in a world of double standards - they stay forcing this inane foreign homoerotic lifestyle on African/black people... Yet the same people think polygamy(which is African) is barbaric...

I'm not against phaggots... however, if you want Africans to legalise homoeroticism(which is foreign) - why not legalise polygamy in the Western world for Africans as well?

This phaggot needs to stay in London and stay getting his butt ripped apart over here, don't go over to AFrica... The continent has enough problems already and I'm sure homoeroticism is the last thing they want to start dealing with now... undecided

You argument about polygamy is a lil stu-pid. Polygamy is illegal in most countries as a way to protect women's right. Your African fathers were getting married to these women not because they loved them but as a way to "enslave" them and their kids.
It's sad that an intelligent young man/woman like you in the 21st century is talking about the legalization of polygamy. This is just exactly what's wrong with Nigeria. We educated africans need to get away from our obsolete/archaic beliefs. It's absolutely not going to get us anywhere.
You absolutely do not have to be for gay marriage but atleast recognize that there are people out there that are gay and you should respect that.
In the next decade or so, this whole gay marriage controversy will be history.

9 Likes

Re: 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality by kpolli(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
This one became gay all in the name of residency, o ma se ooooo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Eloswag, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / Tolanibaj Evicted From The Big Brother Naija All Stars / Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.