Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations (39465 Views)

Top 7 Nostalgic Nigerian TV Commercials To Take You Down Memory Lane [video] / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / Top 15 Nigerian TV Series You Should Start Binge-watching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by harbdulrasaq88(m): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
On Monday, October 26, the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), has directed MultiChoice not to air a particular homosexual programme titled “I am Jazz”, which has just been introduced by the cable network.

In a statement released by the director of public affairs of the NBC, Mr. Awwalu Salihu stated that the programme is a mini-series about a transgender child and is capable of corrupting the youths as it is also at variance with Nigerian law which prohibits homosexuality.

He said “the attentions of the NBC has been drawn to the concern raised by some members of the public about some alleged plans by the TLC Channel on DSTV to begin airing a programme, I am Jazz, which is about a transgender child. The commission has drawn the attention of the service provider to this concern and has received firm assurances that it will investigate and if it concerns that the programme is indeed promoting undesirable ideas that will offend the Nigerian public.”

Due to the complaint of the programme, MultiChoice has immediately complied with the directive of the NBC not to air the controversial mini-series on DSTV.

A representative of DSTV in Abuja disclosed that they are aware of the new development adding that their interests will always be considered.

“We take comfort in knowing that our decoders are encrypted with the parental control feature that empowers parents with ultimate control over what their children view. We also encourage parents to make use of this feature as much as possible to ensure that their children only watch what their parents deem appropriate.” They said.

However, parents have also disclosed their disgust on this development by making their voice heard via the social media platforms.

http://www.newshelm.com/2015/10/homosexuality-movie-banned-on-nigerian.html

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by theLegion(m): 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
#iSupportIt

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by ClassCaptain(m): 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
I concur

We will not support Homosexuality by any means. This is our Stand !"

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by damton(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
In as much as I agree with the ban, I wonder to what extent you can monitor the exposure of kids to some inappropriate ideas and materials in this modern age of the internet.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Tonnierichy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
They should arrest the producer too....Shameless people!! All in a bid to make money.... undecided

10 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by CR77(f): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by itsIYKE(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
WE ARE NOT GAYS--mugabe

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by kayo80(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Well, I ain't homophobic or anything, but I think I agree with this move...since kids minds are very fragile, and the LGBT character in this particular series is actually a kid. Early this year, I was feeling like a movie critic, and I went and watched that Brokeback Mountain movie. I wish I could un-watch it...That movie tormented me for weeks.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
In as much as I like this the power rest in our hands...that is the reason for parental control on the remote of your decoder. Let's password this channel if we ain't comfortable with the program.

But Oyinbo sef get wahala sha.....na the parent dey confuse about the child's gender ni abi na the she-boy himself Why would parents allow such action by the child

The End is really near!!!! sad

6 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Bonapart(m): 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
The Lord rebuke them and their devlish homosexuality movies
Devlish people
Lost people

Good move there, more of that

Nigeria say NO to homo

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by ihatebuhari(f): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
lol, some people are weird

mehn I can't leave sweet dicck for rubbish

7 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by essencestore: 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
#SayNoToYanshDrilling smiley

22 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by yungEX(m): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
What of empire? Ban that one too

8 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Vadel(m): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
we ain't jazz in Nigeria. #IConcur

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by idu1(m): 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good.

Which jazz dem be
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Wlc devt.
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Adatob(m): 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Naija i hail
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by RedCapChief(m): 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is commendable
Many people underestimate the power of the media is stimulating some of this 'unwholesome' behaviours and practices

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by bronzegoddess(f): 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mchew.
When there is parental control, why ban the show?

Africans ehn, and that stupi.id nbc that serves no purpose.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by mystical109(m): 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
I love dis
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Excuse me, why should the show be cancelled? This is democracy and there is freedom! Even freedom of watching film! undecided

Besides, is it DSTV that is airing the program or the channel TLC? If the Channel TLC continues to air it, what is DSTV going to do? To my knowledge, DSTV is not a channel but a bridge between our TVs and the Channels/Stations. So if TLC continues, it means they would remove the TLC completely? Someone should make me understand please.

And this is nonsense! Why not stop Airing I am Cait! Which is a transgender show on E! undecided undecided Nonsense.

And what about the multiple gay and lesbianism shows airing on the internet/website/media websites that millions of Nigerians are watching? God help Nigeria i become president! undecided All these bullshit will stop! I would legalize everything

In 2023, I'm running for presidency grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by fnep2smooth(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Supported
:: ::
Its against our culture and tradition.
Ihu orjur ba afor ...... Yawor ome nala.
I Fu*k Pu©©i ™ NOT ..... (( HOLE ))

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by TELLHIT(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Buh y? Hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by gr8gem(f): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
ok na, d voice of viewers is d voice of...... grin grin
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by newguy1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nbc got dis one right really want our kids watch helps to shape their sense of reasoning. I believe all dis r ploys dat dis westerner want to use to infiltrate our society once against a direct method is not yield desired result so an indirect means is been use.say no to homosexuality, say no to once a man now desired to b a woman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by symbianDON(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
excellent move! #wearenotperverts
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Alpha100(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
That's nice.
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Athanatos(m): 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Space Bookers Aiye!!!!!!!

Still circumspect on the decision by NBC.

My 2 kobo.
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by Chijosky(m): 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice one
Re: Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations by loadedvibes: 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Mehn. It is on nairaland I get to know and believe that the jobless people in Nigeria are really plenty.

Imagine I don dey try to get my comment to land first page for nairaland for some time now but the seemed impossible till today.

Just before I click reply and then compose my reply my post don reach page 3 sumtimes page 5.

Nigeria which level na.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija Cautions Eloswag Against "Politicking" / BBNaija: Lolu Kisses And Romances Anto Passionately / BBNaija: Meet Regina, Tobi Bakre's Rumored Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.