Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert (14925 Views)

The Seeds That Can Destroy Cancerous Cells / Can A Subcutaneous Mass(lipoma?) Of Over 5 Years Be Cancerous? / Sachet 'pure' Water Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 15, 2013
tashanja:

Thank you very much, the man is so conceited and too eager to condemn, he didn't even bother to note the disclaimer in my post (concerning the source)- and evidently rushed to conclude and throw insult.

@davidylan, why not give us your source or at least copy and paste (as I did) from your Old Organic Chemistry Text Book, maybe we will all be convinced. lipsrsealed

1. You're committing the usual fallacy of appealing to authority. Just because John Hopkins said it doesnt make it right.

2. Like i said... and you are free to go find out. Europe banned dioxins in the 1960s, America followed suit in the 1970s. No one has used dioxins in plastic for the last 30 yrs... it is only found in pesticide formulations and only at trace levels. These are just facts... getting angry and abusing everyone doesnt help your case. Just makes you look more ignorant.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by lollarj(f): 9:50am On Mar 15, 2013
your ramblings don't make you any less conceited or disagreeable. Why don't we do away with modern day science and regulatory authorities as we know it and replace it with your rules just to make you happy ? You'd love that wouldn't you ?

The CDC says something , you say it can't be right, FDA says something you say they're exaggerating. Instruments detect a substance in urine you say its incorrect. Lolllzzz !
grin grin (what a cracker !)

You can work with the Wizard of Oz for all I care it doesn't mean anyone has to agree with you.

davidylan:

lol ma'am. I do this for a living... i dont need to "update" myself. And i'm not reading from old chemistry textbooks, i work with petroleum products daily so i know how to draw chemistry structures just from reading the name... you would think any serious chemistry student should be able to do this.

It is inexcusable for someone to claim that bisphenol A is a hydrocarbon. Did that person ever go to school? grin
;Dyour ramblings don't make you any less conceited. Why don't we do away with modern day science as we know it and repalce it with your rules. The CDC says something , you say it can't be right, FDA says something you say they're exaggerating. Instruments detect a substance in urine you say its incorrect. Lolllzzz

davidylan:

lol ma'am. I do this for a living... i dont need to "update" myself. And i'm not reading from old chemistry textbooks, i work with petroleum products daily so i know how to draw chemistry structures just from reading the name... you would think any serious chemistry student should be able to do this.

It is inexcusable for someone to claim that bisphenol A is a hydrocarbon. Did that person ever go to school? grin

6 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by nairabacks(f): 10:17am On Mar 15, 2013
Sorry I'm gonna have to disagree with you (even if you do work with the wizard of oz lol!)

The word POTENTIAL simply means it WILL cause harm in some (vulnerable) people and may not in others. Not what you've proposed below.
As long as you haven't worked with these regulatory agencies before, I don't think it wise for you to make these assertions.

Sorry dude, you may know a little about chemicals but you can't gamble with human life.

My 2 pence.

davidylan:

Please note your use of the word "potential". Its a very common phrase used by regulatory bodies (EPA, FDA) to say basically this - we have no evidence that this substance is dangerous but since we cannot rule out "default mechanisms of disease" (default assumptions that no longer stand up to the scrutiny of broader weight of evidence), we are just going to slap the term "potential" on it and call it a day.

2 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by FXElixir: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
molotov1: Pastor telling a Prof to go back to school.

How do you think he became a Prof in the first place ? By writing scientific journals or by making half-baked challenges to findings on empirical studies.
How would u like it if they said you need to go back to bible school ?
The prof is not alone, You're asking a whole lot of American and British scientists to go return to school. Organic chemistry is one subject but the effects on a human is a different kettle of fish entirely.

You dey mind d davido basket mouth ? e be like all d polystyrene, polyetelyne and dik-oxin wey hin dey chop daily with breakfast don affect hin reasoning finally.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 16, 2013
lollar j :
your ramblings don't make you any less conceited or disagreeable. Why don't we do away with modern day science and regulatory authorities as we know it and replace it with your rules just to make you happy ? You'd love that wouldn't you ?

The CDC says something , you say it can't be right, FDA says something you say they're exaggerating. Instruments detect a substance in urine you say its incorrect. Lolllzzz !
grin grin (what a cracker !)

You can work with the Wizard of Oz for all I care it doesn't mean anyone has to agree with you.

;Dyour ramblings don't make you any less conceited. Why don't we do away with modern day science as we know it and repalce it with your rules. The CDC says something , you say it can't be right, FDA says something you say they're exaggerating. Instruments detect a substance in urine you say its incorrect. Lolllzzz

daft really. You wonder how people like these passed through any school. Nigerians are well known to act all hoity-toity when their own ignorance is pointed in their face. Too bad.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 16, 2013
nairabacks: Sorry I'm gonna have to disagree with you (even if you do work with the wizard of oz lol!)

The word POTENTIAL simply means it WILL cause harm in some (vulnerable) people and may not in others. Not what you've proposed below.
As long as you haven't worked with these regulatory agencies before, I don't think it wise for you to make these assertions.

Sorry dude, you may know a little about chemicals but you can't gamble with human life.

My 2 pence.

1. Re- the sentence in highlights... that is untrue. The word "potential" is used purely when there is a lack of evidence to prove the default assumption.

2. I work with the EPA and NIEHS sorry... the fact that we all post on a forum does not leave us on the same plane. Appologies but the facts are the facts.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 16, 2013
FX Elixir:

You dey mind d davido basket mouth ? e be like all d polystyrene, polyetelyne and dik-oxin wey hin dey chop daily with breakfast don affect hin reasoning finally.

Another illiterate with access to the internet who cant read.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by FXElixir: 7:47am On Mar 16, 2013
E pain u ?

Baba oni chemistry education...

How much do you want as payment for your chemistry lesson ?
Let NL donate something and stuff it in that your slack mouth. For someone who claims to be educated, you talk very carelessly and reason like you have a serious complex.
^^^
Okay, sorry for what I just typed above, didn't mean to hurt your ego feelings.

Oya, pack yourself off this thread.

Or you can stay here till easter talking about your exciting, high-flying and illustrious career in chemicals.

Davidson:

Another illiterate with access to the internet who cant read.

2 Likes

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by jessyb: 8:10am On Mar 16, 2013
there are so many exposures that can cause cancer. check out for tips on prevention at www.healthandgadgetry..com
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by AmandaaaP(f): 8:27am On Mar 16, 2013
molotov1: Pastor telling a Prof to go back to school.

How do you think he became a Prof in the first place ? By writing scientific journals or by making half-baked challenges to findings on empirical studies.
How would u like it if they said you need to go back to bible school ?
The prof is not alone, You're asking a whole lot of American and British scientists to go return to school. Organic chemistry is one subject but the effects on a human is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by krnl: 8:51am On Mar 16, 2013
FX Elixir: E pain u ?

Let NL donate something and stuff it in that your slack mouth. For someone who claims to be educated, you talk very carelessly and reason like you have a serious complex.
^^^

Or you can stay here till easter talking about your exciting, high-flying and illustrious career in chemicals.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by juman(m): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
Why don't we have running tap water in the country?

A failed country.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
FX Elixir: E pain u ?

^^^

There is something called "projection". Look it up.
Unfortunately it appears most of those who frequent these boards are at the bottom of the intellectual gene pool. It is they who most times resent those they feel have a better grasp on issues. This thread is 3 pages long... only 1 person (ola_pluto) appeared to have any idea what the issues were. The rest just copy-paste off the web then froth in the mouth when their paucity of knowledge is laid bare. Feel free to sling ad hominems.

Yeah i do have a great career in the petrochemicals industry... next time you should take school seriously.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by FXElixir: 5:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
^^^
So I guess you'll be here till easter morning then. Suit yourself, ODEH ! How many people here told you what industry they're into ?

You think its because they didn't take school seriously abi ? Talking like you're the only person with a career pulling down good pay on NL.
Do you even make half of what Seun the admin of this site, who is ...

WAKE UP U FOOL ! grin

Come back for more if u want.
(But honestly I'm really done with you, you're more boring than I first thought)
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by charlsecy(m): 1:47pm On May 01, 2016
UnknownMember:
Government should then subsidize bottled water!
Is that one safe? It is still in plastic.
Re: 'Pure Water' Exposed To Heat Can Be Cancerous – Expert by socialmedia012: 11:10am On Mar 04, 2023
The cadiz water project mojave desert is an innovative public-private partnership among Southern California water agencies and desert agriculture business Cadiz Inc. that will create a new water supply that can serve up to 400,000 people a year by reducing a recurrent loss of groundwater to evaporation in California’s Mojave Desert. The project has successfully completed a robust review by state and local public agencies in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the most aggressive environmental protection law in the nation, and will be governed by a Court-approved groundwater management plan overseen locally by San Bernardino County.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres / One Common Habit You Have To Learn Before Or After NYSC / FG To Recover Millions Of Naira Wrongly Paid To 588 Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.