Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria (855 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by vowiski(m): 8:31am On Mar 14, 2013
Mobile Number Portability, MNP is a service that will enable a subscriber drop her service provider for another service provider while still retaining her mobile number.

How Does Mobile Number Portability, MNP Works?

Basically, MNP will let Nigerians interchange networks, for example dropping the MTN network for Glo network or the reverse without actually loosing your phone number.

Terminologies of Mobile Number Portability, MNP

Image Credit: KlassicWorks
Subscriber : The customer that owns the number to be ported.
Recipient: The service provider that a subscriber is changing to.
Donor: The service provider a subscriber is changing from.
Port In: To join a new service provider.
Port Out: To leave a service provider.
Now, if you (subscriber) decide to drop Airtel for Glo, it means you are porting out of Airtel and porting in to Glo. Airtel represents the donor, while Glo becomes the recipient.

How Initiate Mobile Number Portability

To initiate MNP, follow the steps below.

1. Visit a recipient operator eg. Gloworld
2. Request for Mobile Number Portability, MNP
3. Collect MNP Form, fill and return with a valid ID.

http://clickinfo9ja..com/2013/03/how-to-initiate-mobile-number.html
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by Francheezy(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2013
jeez...0nce in 90days...Sucks
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by asudan: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2013
So i must waste N500 for transport to mtn,glo,etisalat or airtel shop
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by hillsate: 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
if it cant be done online, then it is useless.
who has time foe queuing up these days.
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by hillsate: 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2013
Also, lets say i just loaded 1000 glo and decided to port to airtel, what happens to my credit since airtel may not recognise my recharge?
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by OCTAVO: 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2013
hillsate: Also, lets say i just loaded 1000 glo and decided to port to airtel, what happens to my credit since airtel may not recognise my recharge?
Exhaust your credit before porting.
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by hillsate: 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2013
OCTAVO:
Exhaust your credit before porting.

for real?
The more this MNP does not make sense.
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2013
hillsate:

for real?

of course it makes sense...why would airtel give you N100 airtime when you paid that money to mtn? when you port your line from one network to another, it must be on a clean slate...you cannot be owing them (postpaid) and its your responsibility to make sure you use up your prepaid airtime before requesting the port
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by OCTAVO: 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2013
hillsate:

for real?
Na Naija we dey o.
Re: How To Initiate Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria by Bawss1(m): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2013
Some people are expecting that they will be served with a plate of jollof rice while they port their lines. ssshish

(1) (Reply)

Fs:bb Porsche P9981,blackberry Z10,blackberry Q10,iphone 5 64gb,galaxy S3 / MTN Nigeria Secures $3 Billion Loan Facility To Upgrade Operations / Glo Bb Monthly Data Cap Now 3gig.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.