Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (264617 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Standard007(m): 11:02pm On May 08, 2016
Any die hard # ABIA_WARRIORS fan like me in the house? Please indicate

#UP_ABIA_WARRIORS!!!! We coming for the title this season, our third season in NPFL. Anybody is free to quote me.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 10:09am On May 09, 2016
Standard007:

#UP_ABIA_WARRIORS!!!! We coming for the title this season, our third season in NPFL. Anybody is free to quote me.
Are you sure Abia Warriors can displace the giants?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by chrisooblog: 3:36pm On May 09, 2016
flying antelopes seem to be losing steam. people's elephants are getting stronger, pillars steady consistency, MFM IGG wearing off (hope they do well), warri wolves just been horrendous so far this season.

UP SOOTIN!!! grin

TheSuperNerd:
NPFL Week/Match day 15 Full Time Results, May 8th and May 9th

May 8th::

Abia Warriors 1-0 Giwa FC

May 9th::

AKWA UNITED 2-0 IFEANYI UBA FC

ENUGU RANGERS 1-1 SHOOTING STARS

ENYIMBA 2-1 NIGER TORNADOES

HEARTLAND 2-1 EL KANEMI WARRIORS

KANO PILLARS 2-1 IKORODU UNITED

LOBI STARS 1-0 MFM FC

PLATEAU UNITED 0-0 SUNSHINE STARS

WARRI WOLVES 0-1 RIVERS UNITED

WIKKI TOURIST 2-1 NASARAWA UNITED

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by DrinkWater10: 5:09pm On May 09, 2016
Standard007:

Yes his name is MaziOmenuko.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by MaziOmenuko: 9:50am On May 10, 2016
Standard007:

DrinkWater10:

Yes his name is MaziOmenuko.

Present cheesygrin

NRIPRIEST:

But we can't be carried away by that single result. There are bigger challenges ahead. The previous match against Rivers United in Umuahia left a very bad taste in my mouth. We need to get it together and show our superiority in the league. All those dozens of missed chances need to be worked on. We need to be calm in front of goal!
Nzogbu!

Your ar'se is getting relegated! cheesygrin We're sitting 3rd on the log so far, we will woop your ar'se in the outstanding we have and climb first. Just one loss this season (slim marginal loss to Wolves), Warriors defense is the best in the league.

Next stop is Nassarawa dis_United. wink
We will take our 3 pts and return to Umuahia with plenty yams, tomatoes and onions to wash it down.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by MaziOmenuko: 10:12am On May 10, 2016
On a serious note, the issue of players protesting non-payment is making our league a laughing stock. Giwa FC had to be walked over when they failed to turn-up for their games, granting their opponents 3 pts hence an undue advantage. My thoughts was that they should have been relegated immediately to avoid dashing out points (Heard the rule is relegation after the 3rd game, but they showed up against my Warriors and even almost wanted to snatch a point...losers).

My point is, maybe we should run a slimmer league of 10 teams like is seen in Scotland, Denmark, Finland and most other European countries with 'not-too-established' leagues. Heck, apart from England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Russia and a hand-full of others, you will hardly see an European league with 20 teams.

This will make it easier to run the league and less expensive for clubs to travel around. It is not as if the clubs are making so much money from TV rights, ticket sales and sponsorship deals. Most clubs are funded by the govt and this is becoming a liability to the govt rather than an asset.

I suggest we start relegating 4 teams and promoting just 2 teams until we have a Ten-team league. Also, any club that cannot meet up with its financial responsibilities should be relegated at once. Clubs hardly pick-up points away and one of the major reasons is fatigue. Most clubs cant afford hotel accommodation in their opponents state, so they set-off the journey early in the morning of match-day, get to the match venue few hours to kick-off and then, with no rest, enter the match venue to play against their opponents.

I know we still have a long way to go, but we can start somewhere, by ensuring the likes of Giwa FC dont come to the league to do bonanza.

Long live the Nigerian Professional League,

Long live Abia Warriors FC!!!

cc: afam4ever honeric01, olapluto, nripriest, redreact, redlight1, onyenna, thesupernerd, evestar200, drinkwater10 ...
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 11:35am On May 10, 2016
@Mazi, I tire o. My team is not even playing well again, since no salary is coming their way. I am just praying I don't relegate at all.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by dammybravo(m): 12:18am On May 11, 2016
Pls Watch and share this interview with friends...
Dammydudu's interview with MFM FC Striker Musa Newman
http://www.dammydudu.com/2016/05/episode-1-watch-dammydudus-interview-mfm-fc-striker-musa-newman/
#Episode1
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by dammybravo(m): 12:19am On May 11, 2016
Watch and Share Dammydudu's interview with Shooting Stars Striker Wasiu Jimoh
http://www.dammydudu.com/2016/05/episode-2-watch-shooting-stars-striker-wasiu-jimohs-interview-dammydudu/
#Episode2
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by techbachelor: 4:14pm On May 11, 2016
You can see #NPFL livescores happening now here http://kiniscore.com/

El-Kanemi Warriors FC 0 - 0 Kano Pillars FC
Ikorodu United F.C. 0 - 0 Plateau United FC
10' Sunshine Stars FC 0 - 0 Rangers Int’l FC
10' Shooting Stars FC 0 - 0 Warri Wolves FC
10' Rivers United FC 0 - 0 Wikki Tourists FC
10' Nasarawa United FC 0 - 0 Abia Warriors F.C.
10' Giwa FC 0 - 0 Akwa United F.C.
6' FC Ifeanyi Ubah 0 - 0 Lobi Stars FC
5' MFM F.C 0 - 0 Enyimba Int’l FC
6' Niger Tornadoes FC 0 - 0 Heartland F.C. http://kiniscore.com/
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Arcard(m): 5:49pm On May 11, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
On a serious note, the issue of players protesting non-payment is making our league a laughing stock. Giwa FC had to be walked over when they failed to turn-up for their games, granting their opponents 3 pts hence an undue advantage. My thoughts was that they should have been relegated immediately to avoid dashing out points (Heard the rule is relegation after the 3rd game, but they showed up against my Warriors and even almost wanted to snatch a point...losers).

My point is, maybe we should run a slimmer league of 10 teams like is seen in Scotland, Denmark, Finland and most other European countries with 'not-too-established' leagues. Heck, apart from England, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Russia and a hand-full of others, you will hardly see an European league with 20 teams.

This will make it easier to run the league and less expensive for clubs to travel around. It is not as if the clubs are making so much money from TV rights, ticket sales and sponsorship deals. Most clubs are funded by the govt and this is becoming a liability to the govt rather than an asset.

I suggest we start relegating 4 teams and promoting just 2 teams until we have a Ten-team league. Also, any club that cannot meet up with its financial responsibilities should be relegated at once. Clubs hardly pick-up points away and one of the major reasons is fatigue. Most clubs cant afford hotel accommodation in their opponents state, so they set-off the journey early in the morning of match-day, get to the match venue few hours to kick-off and then, with no rest, enter the match venue to play against their opponents.

I know we still have a long way to go, but we can start somewhere, by ensuring the likes of Giwa FC dont come to the league to do bonanza.

Long live the Nigerian Professional League,

Long live Abia Warriors FC!!!

cc: afam4ever honeric01, olapluto, nripriest, redreact, redlight1, onyenna, thesupernerd, evestar200, drinkwater10 ...
u made point on d number of teams playing in d league, if done clubs will pocket more money
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 11, 2016
enyimba for the league champions come october
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by dammybravo(m): 9:18pm On May 11, 2016
With Enyimba FC Midfielder and Nigeria International Ike Ibenegbu (Aka Mosquito)...
#NPFL

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Standard007(m): 7:04am On May 12, 2016
RedReact:

Are you sure Abia Warriors can displace the giants?

Why not? undecided undecided undecided Who da hell is the giants?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Standard007(m): 7:07am On May 12, 2016
Me (STANDARD) with #ABIA_WARRIORS number 1 striker Chisom Chikatara

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Standard007(m): 7:24am On May 12, 2016
Me (STANDARD) with Enyimba captain Udoji

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 8:42am On May 12, 2016
Standard007:

Why not? undecided undecided undecided Who da hell is the giants?
Make we dey watch am dey go.

Up Sootin! Up Stars!!!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by hringbraut: 3:38pm On May 12, 2016
Abiola babes still dey?

https://www.nairaland.com/ivyy

Ivyy
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 12, 2016
What's happening here Hello house smiley. Ama Chelsea fan cheesy. My bestie's moniker is naughtynaughty wink smiley
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 12, 2016
HateU2:
What's happening here Hello house smiley. Ama Chelsea fan cheesy. My bestie's moniker is naughtynaughty wink smiley
lmaooo oremi waka waka how did u get here cheesy lol
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 12, 2016
naughtynaughty:
lmaooo oremi waka waka how did u get here cheesy lol
I want to 'gbose' wo woni oo cheesy. Let's see if they will chase us cheesy
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Standard007(m): 7:16am On May 13, 2016
RedReact:

Make we dey watch am dey go.

Up Sootin! Up Stars!!!

U are comparing the great #ABIA_WARRIORS with a relegation battling team. A team 18th on the log with a mere 16 points after 15 games angry undecided undecided
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by DrinkWater10: 10:48am On May 13, 2016
Standard007:
Me (STANDARD) with #ABIA_WARRIORS number 1 striker Chisom Chikatara
MaziOmenuko why is your most important player putting on an Enyimbafc jersey?
We go poach am o.
That Abia Warriors pitch should be converted to astro turf immediately.
The grass pitch is an eyesore.
And as per your suggestions, there is no guarantee that a ten club league will be financially better than what we have now.
And when one region starts having majority of its teams in the league, questions about federal character would start to arise
The only teams that pay as at when due in the league are Pillars IfeanyiUbah Ikorodu and MFM the rest are just there..
One more walkover for Giwa fc and they will be expelled from the league.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 10:36pm On May 13, 2016
Standard007:

U are comparing the great #ABIA_WARRIORS with a relegation battling team. A team 18th on the log with a mere 16 points after 15 games angry undecided undecided
What makes Abia warriors "great"? Abia warriors is NOT great; even 3SC has a better pedigree than Abia warriors.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 8:02am On May 14, 2016
Krasid:
What makes Abia warriors "great"? Abia warriors is NOT great; even 3SC has a better pedigree than Abia warriors.
No mind my guy; patriotism is allowed. By the time the league is ending, we will all come back and laugh. Right now, I dey use one eye dry pray for my club.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Standard007(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2016
DrinkWater10:

MaziOmenuko why is your most important player putting on an Enyimbafc jersey?
We go poach am o.

That was the day we played Enyimba at Umuahia.He exchanged Jersey with an Enyimba player.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Standard007(m): 9:43am On May 14, 2016
Krasid:

How many years has 3SC been in the top flight league?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Krasid(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2016
Standard007:

How many years has 3SC been in the top flight league?
How many times have they won the league? How many times have they won the cup? How many trophies have they won? How many times have they represented the country on the continent?.All these are what seperate the average teams from the good teams and finally the great team.Abia warriors is lacking in all these departments, and can not be tagged a great team.For now, they are just an average team trying to make a name in the NPFL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.