Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

We Miss Nigeria Because - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / We Miss Nigeria Because (7972 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by abuguy64(m): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2005
Wow!Are you kidding?! I miss Nigeria because my wife and 2 lovely daughters are there.It's being more than 2 months since I was last at home,and so many things have happened already. my first daughter grew up to be 4years old,and my baby is 5months old plus.Looking forward to October when I will be home again! cool.I certainly miss all the high CHO diets(pounded yam,garri etc),exotic soups and freedom of movement! tongue
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Outkast(f): 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2005
layi man just captured everything.
I finally went to Nija last year after being here for 5years the first thing my sisters did was sing
"me i like my people, i like the land and country,everything i dey for nigeria,make we join hands,make nigeria better"
The taxi man was laughing at us. I miss cowbell,agege bread,the parties, my family,hints magazine,nepa,COOL FM,The weather. Man....There really is no place like home
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by lauryn(f): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2005
I'VE BEEN IN THIS BORING ASS COUNTRY CALLED CANADA 4 SO DAMN LONG, AND I'M FINALLY VISITING NIGERIA NEXT MONTH oh my gosh i can't wait
i know guaranteed i'm going to have a great time, wish me the best
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Outkast(f): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2005
Have a safe journey Lauryn.Take lots n lots of photographs, visit mega plaza and the new cinema in lagos(if you can)
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by hotangel2(f): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2005
Awww... have a nice journey lauryn. Im sure you'll enjoy nigeria. Yes yes... make sure you visit Silverbird cinema. heard it's a great place. And please go to yankari game reserve too. That place is heaven! cheesy
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Scorpio(f): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2005
Lauryn, where in Canada are you?
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by nana(f): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2005
I dont know when i will see murtala int'l airport but i really miss 9ja most especially during xmas.Damn,it is always interesting unlike d goddam country in which i am. cry
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by nike4luv(f): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2005
nana thank u!
u cant wear ur clothes cos its fxckin cold outside!...i remember xmas nile baba mi..on de 26th bai..na partay up ma house..even though the tradition still continues in ma house..its just not de same..

am friggin visitin next yr..if i hav to go and steal from de queen!
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by WesleyanA(f): 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2005
I "might" be going to nigeria for christmas!

25% chance.
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Outkast(f): 1:17am On Dec 02, 2005
If you do end up going, wsh you a safe trip.enjoy it
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by c0dec(m): 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2005
na wetin una go yarn now. when u reach back naiga una go dey form.
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Scorpio(f): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2005
cheesy grin
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by omon(m): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2005
The good old days, when NEPA misbehaves and the moon on full circle. We all chart and laugh and play all funny pranks on each other.....and later settle to down to listen to 'Grand Pa' tell his stories of the forever wise tortoise with some hot roasted corn in our hands....hmmm
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by damygurl(f): 5:27am On Dec 05, 2005
i luv agbalumo. it's da best!!! i remember da earing thingy. and how we just gon do a lil hole on top of it so dat we can squeeze and da juicy water will cum out little by little them we lick it off!!!

I miss my mom saying hulala!!!! when d nepa takes off d light

i miss rushing to da garage to put on da generator cuz we were watching superstory when da light went off!!

i miss going to oluwaseun and iya ope to buy rice, tinu eran and cat fish pepper soup!

i miss my dad buying ori eran cuz i think it's eww!!!

i miss all d omo adugbo dat call me aunty damy and r alwayz asking efunwa ni 5naira!! plz buy something 4 us and so on!!! they treat me like i'm diz queen and i luv it so much!!!!

i miss going to iya jumokes shop to buy stuff like peak milk, st louis sugar, veggie oil, groundnut, omo(detergent) and taking like an hour when it's just a 2minute walk from where my house is.

i miss sneaking video out of da video club!

i miss going to mummy laolu shop to go and grind pepper cuz they alwayz let me do it myself and it's fun!

i miss getting on da buz and da conductor telling me da amount i gotta pay in yoruba like ogorun, egerun and so on cuz i alwayz don't know wat it means and i gotta ask him to translate it to english 4 me!!

i miss da sound of da market place. everybody talking at once. and di iya oloja saying "omege o wa ba mi ra oja ni" and my mom asking se scot rice ni yen/a o fe gari ijebu o! going shopping 4 food stuff here is not fun at all they got everyting packed and u can't even say se ko gba 50 naira ni and they don't have market like alesinloye or gbagi!!

i miss all da friends and families i left behind!

i miss all da drama and gbeboruns. I was da queen of da talkataive peeps!! still is but it's not as much fun as in nigeria!!

I miss my friends and i talking about peeps we don't like!!

i miss going out to buy akara olororo even though it's so dark outside!!

I miss boli&epa, suya!!

i miss my room!!!

i miss omo eleko cuming to our house every evening!!

i miss being scared of da 5 or more chickens we kill on christmas day! they alwayz bring them near me then i start running and they start running after me with da chicken!! since i left nigeria da only time i ever saw a life chicken was on tv!!

i miss papajasco and supersory.

i miss climbing our guava tree.

i miss seeing da alligators climb da coconut tree.

i miss alo o!! iya kan wa and then we say owa bi ewa!!! and pari owe yi .....

I'm gon stop now!!!I miss almost everything!!!sad
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Outkast(f): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2005
sigh. the good life
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2005
uhhm lets see

playin Ten-Ten cheesy cheesy cheesy that was the shiit , ion care what no1 says,
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2005
i do NOT miss those night vigils , My God .. Lol i remember when id try to fal asleep n my aunts would get mad.
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Scorpio(f): 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2005
your aunt was just mean, anytime i attended any vigil, i was just goin to sleep. Lawd knows the last thing i did was pray cheesy
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Outkast(f): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2005
mumsy used 2 make us sit in-front or sit on stage
went to chris okotie's church, he'd have the kids like sit on the pulpit that sucked! i couldn't sleep
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by queen2(f): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2005
I miss Boli and Epa, roasted corn with groundnut, gari with pure water, i miss all foods and snacks, i miss this Lagos bread, cant rmb the name
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by queen2(f): 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2005
I miss nigeria because of the interesting and funny advertisement,
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Outkast(f): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2005
@queen 2 do u mean agege bread
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by queen2(f): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2005
im not sure, but i think it is, those soft bread cheesy
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by damygurl(f): 2:52am On Dec 06, 2005
i miss going on da street and peeps running after u. mummy pure water!! plantain chips and so on!!

I miss d toll gate along lagos ibadan express way!!! we alwayz buy lots of stuff and diz boi ran away with our mony dis one time!!
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by ocho(f): 3:05am On Dec 06, 2005
what i miss about NIGERIA? my list is endless..
i first of all miss my friends, who made school days the best days for me
i miss those small and soft 10naira loafs of bread
i miss ISIEWU, Bauchi masa and suya
i miss beans and Gari, also yam pottage prepared the traditional way(u know with all the crayfish). those were real food oooo!
i miss attending concerts and seeing my beloved nigerian artists life and in living colour
i miss/hate the fact that i can not attend any  2-face's concert in nigeria cry
i miss real nigerian IGBEDU!
i miss spaeking pidgin (oh wait! i do that here(on NL)) cheesy
i miss the way of life i grew up knowing. It wasn't the best but hey, there's no place like home.
i miss going to the villa every christmas holidays and eating cashew and udara  like crazy.
i miss my numerous relations
i miss just showing up at a friend's place in my nitties, anytime of the day,without having to book an appointment too.
i miss super story....... and all the other programms
i miss reading the vanguard sunday & saturday newspapers, the entertainment sections most speciffically smiley
i miss *sub, sub*  my country NIGERIA  cry cry
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Scorpio(f): 3:11am On Dec 06, 2005
ocho:

i miss beans and Gari, also yam pottage prepared the traditional way(u know with all the crayfish). those were real food oooo!
i miss reading the vanguard sunday & saturday newspapers, the entertainment sections most speciffically smiley
for $50, i could hook you up with a fine pot of yam porridge and beans, trust me wink grin abt ya vanguard, that can be arranged if you co-operate cheesy cheesy
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by ocho(f): 3:12am On Dec 06, 2005
cheesy cheesy $50?? oloshi!!!!!
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Scorpio(f): 3:13am On Dec 06, 2005
this babe, na because i know you, na im make i take $50 o, ask people, i no dey do bizwax like that.  cheesy abeg do better jare grin
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by ocho(f): 3:15am On Dec 06, 2005
u sef, ok. i'll settle. so u get "mama put joint" abi how e go come be?
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Scorpio(f): 3:16am On Dec 06, 2005
no dey expose me now, no worry na special order. you go see am when you see am, trust! wink cheesy na money first sha
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by damygurl(f): 3:17am On Dec 06, 2005
don't gang up on me but u two need deliverance!!!!
wink
Re: We Miss Nigeria Because by Scorpio(f): 3:18am On Dec 06, 2005
how about you do the deliverance for me, is friday free for you? cheesy do ya want a pot too cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Helicopter In Controlled Safe-Landing In Bauchi, Not Crashed / Work Abroad In South America, Ecuador / Any Information About Flights From Lagos To Asaba & The Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.