Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,120 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (22532 Views)

" Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Pstsmith(m): 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] Now una don live garri come de folo your oga at the top! No wahala! I wonder how my oga at the top can change the price of g.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by kemifemi: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]I was surprised when she couldn't extend the same treatment to Jonathan when she was invited as one of his interviewers.[/size]

Me too I wonder o. She was just showing us her '32' all through d media chat.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by informatix: 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
i will call for Break and call my oga at the Top and ask him what the civil defence website is. Or i can even call my Oga at the Top on LiveTV. I'd rather say i dont know than to give false or invalid information. www.nscdc
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by IYANGBALI: 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
berem: When going for an interview program on Channels TV who we know for sure have very intelligent anchors, He should have prepared well in the first place. Maupe Ogun seems to be a very intelligent lady and you can't escape her questions.

Well, i pray never to be in his shoes anyway.
you have said it all,preparation is the key word
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by alexarelano(m): 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
I no go comment, unless my oga at the top authorize me ☺ ☻ grin
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
Jarus: Teachable moment. Beyond the comedy. What if you were in "oga at the top's" shoes? How would you have answered a simple question you don't know in a public space? For example, I had been using BB for 3 years before I knew the full meaning of DP? What if I was on live TV, discussing 'politics and the social media' and one thing led to the other I was required to tell the full meaning of DP (e.g I mention DP and the presenter asks me to enlighten him on what DP means). How would you have managed such situation? If I was in such situation I would have played with words. For the DP case, I would have played with words and answered like this: "Maupe, one interesting thing about social media is that a number of abbreviations fly around, that people are even less interested in their meaning, but the message they pass. For example, popular as it is, we still have people that don't know the full meaning of lol. In essence, people are more concerned with what DP is about. I know the P-part means picture, but you will be surprised I may not be able tell exactly what the D stands for. Definitely, me and you know what DP is about - the picture in the short data page of your BBM. And that's the most important."

I need suggestions on how to manage our "oga-at-the-top­'s" situation. What is the least embarrassing way to manage such situation i.e being asked your organization's website on live TV and you don't know it?

How do you salvage such situation? How do you minimize, if not outrightly eliminate, the embarrassment?

And generally, how do you manage embarrassing situations in public/interviews etc?

By saying the truth!
If he said he didn't know the website this wouldn't have happened!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by TriggerHappy: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nigerians and their penchant for stupidityyy, they will go on and on about this harmless issue and ignore the important ones. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin MY OGA AT THE TOP SAID I SHOULD WRITE THIS cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Adanyebe(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
I will be so happy for the fame

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Panter215: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
A simple "I will get back to you later since it just escaped me" will do. You must not know everything in the world.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by tonididdy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
truth is that guy is an ignoramus...if he was intellectual enough he'd know how to think on his feet and come up with a reasonable answer as simple as adding (.com) at the end even tho such website dnt exist...this clearly shows how old and weak our leaders are.we need youths that are able to roll with the latest world developmental upgrade
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by funkymedina: 12:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Finally a picture of the famous OGa at the top himself!!! Shaun Sir!!

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by chucky234(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]I was surprised when she couldn't extend the same treatment to Jonathan when she was invited as one of his interviewers.[/size]
She was only respecting Jona being the presido of the federal republic,Jona was as dumb as commandant Shem jare.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by chucky234(m): 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
funky medina: Finally a picture of the famous OGa at the top himself!!! Shaun Sir!!
Even the oga at the top look dumb
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by tonididdy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
Panter215: A simple "I will get back to you later since it just escaped me" will do. You must not know everything in the world.
bro is as simple as putting .COM at the end,even tho he knows such website dont exist.just to save him the shame,thATS IF HE HAS ANY .what baffled viewers and the presenters was the fact that he did not know what command is to follow after www.nsadc it was shocking at this 21st century.just shows how backward we are being led.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by MyogaAttheTop: 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WAT ARE U WAITING 4 more than 3000 downloads of the hottest party jam called #MyogaAttheTop song mp3 at www.hulkshare.com/lilkas grin[b][/b]
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by destinedvcde(m): 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
What is the website of the NSCDC? How simpler can a question get please? The man was just busy stammering and beating around d bush for almost 2mins b4 giving that awful answer, how did this man get this job abeg? Was he interviewed atall? What a shame Mr Shem!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by POLICECAP: 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
For goodness sake, why will all of you here be looking for an excuse for offensive ignorance..

"My oga at the top" went for an interview to clear the air for job seekers who have been duped as a result of look-alike websites.

So tell me, if you were in his shoes, how do you intend clearing the air if you don't know the original website. undecided undecided

Don't come here and garnish ignorance to me me feel guilty for castigation "my oga at the top" angry angry
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by naptu2: 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
POLICE CAP: For goodness sake, why will all of you here be looking for an excuse for offensive ignorance..

"My oga at the top" went for an interview to clear the air for job seekers who have been duped as a result of look-alike websites.

So tell me, if you were in his shoes, how do you intend clearing the air if you don't know the original website. undecided undecided

Don't come here and garnish ignorance to me me feel guilty for castigation "my oga at the top" angry angry

+100
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by souleymon(m): 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
Jarus: I don't see Maupe as that intelligent. She bullies too much. That's not her first time. Suleiman would have managed the situation better.

[size=18pt]To Me, she isnt even up to the two other Anchors[/size]
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by cr7lomo: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
Fussbot: 4 crying out loud,the man should jst hav added .com 2 the www.nscdc..and d anchors wld av crctd him by saying u mean .gov.ng sir??and he wld say oh!am sorry yes .gov.ng..... instead of ending it with dat's all..bt wat baffles me is..wat does dat qstn gat 2 do with "my oga @ d top"??and dey even askd him do u mean u hav multiple website sir?and he said no...den wat does ur oga gat 2 do with itd man brot d embrsmnt on himself jare!

Dats a lie, those presenters 1ted 2 ridicule him because dey wud hv added d rest 4 him weda he said .com or nt. Dat woman is a very wicked woman. Ova sabi
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by cr7lomo: 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
If he said he dint no it, u ppl wil stil insult him dat a whole top level commandant doesn't nt no his organisations website
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by azimibraun: 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
It wasn't even maope dt asked question abinitio.. It ws d least intelligent of dem d spare tyre Nneota egbe nt rilly sure of his name nw. @ d point he asked d man d website question, it ws clearly nt necessary and besides, frm d conversation it ws clear dt Man wsnt a Man familiar with internet and web add. Bt he ws bent on embarrasing d papa nw he has let him enjoy.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Harmvirus(f): 1:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
just wondering why the oga at the top never address this matter or has he?
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by azimibraun: 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
Our tv anchors shld b trainned a little more on hw nt 2 show interest in trying to ridicule talk show guests.. D lagos state official who walked out of channels studio wich I watched, kept on telling dem I hv answerd ur question on Dr Olaitan( nt sure of d name)or so.. And dts all I knw abt d matter, d rest is bin discussed bt if u need more info ask d Dr in question bt dey refused and wia bent onembarrassing her and dts hw she walked out. We need more matured ppl as tv host or ppl who are nt trying 2 play 2 d gallery.. Gbenga is one of such.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by BeautyFULL85(f): 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
I'd be very happy, cos i got recognition from Obama himself!

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by pmc01(m): 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
For those that are trying to justify Mr. NSCDC PRO's gaffe as a 'normal' mistake, it is no mistake, it is inexcusable stubborn ignorance and ego, that further dents our country's image in the eyes of the International community...
And for those blaming the Channels TV presenters for 'ridiculing' him... It's either:
-you are subsidiaries/beneficiaries of a rival media station
-or you are subsidiaries/beneficiaries of NSCDC
-or you are simply learning learners
-or your thinking faculties have been encrypted by 'the Oga at the top' and he has misplaced the access code...
#Datz all!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by cecegorz(m): 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
Jarus: Teachable moment. Beyond the comedy. What if you were in "oga at the top's" shoes? How would you have answered a simple question you don't know in a public space? For example, I had been using BB for 3 years before I knew the full meaning of DP? What if I was on live TV, discussing 'politics and the social media' and one thing led to the other I was required to tell the full meaning of DP (e.g I mention DP and the presenter asks me to enlighten him on what DP means). How would you have managed such situation? If I was in such situation I would have played with words. For the DP case, I would have played with words and answered like this: "Maupe, one interesting thing about social media is that a number of abbreviations fly around, that people are even less interested in their meaning, but the message they pass. For example, popular as it is, we still have people that don't know the full meaning of lol. In essence, people are more concerned with what DP is about. I know the P-part means picture, but you will be surprised I may not be able tell exactly what the D stands for. Definitely, me and you know what DP is about - the picture in the short data page of your BBM. And that's the most important."

I need suggestions on how to manage our "oga-at-the-top­'s" situation. What is the least embarrassing way to manage such situation i.e being asked your organization's website on live TV and you don't know it?

How do you salvage such situation? How do you minimize, if not outrightly eliminate, the embarrassment?

And generally, how do you manage embarrassing situations in public/interviews etc?
Your DP analogy does not in any way relate to Mr Shem's situation.
One funny thing I've found all around social media commentators is that most people are completely ignorant of the basis on which the State commandant was invited for an interview in the first place.
He was solely invited because many job seekers has been swindled by phishing fraudsters using clones of NSCDC website to advertise and collect payments for the job. The very first thing he should have come to the table with is the correct URL of the organization, so as to educate Nigerians and also clear the air that the frauds was an insider job.
He ended up confusing the populace without giving any address, making it look like the 'oga at the top' is actually the fraud mastermind.
There was no reason whatsoever for him to dilly dally on this particular question, that was why the panel insisted on getting him to say something that will be taken as the official website.
If I invite you for an interview to clear the air that some people are using variants of your father's name to defraud people, you should be able to tell me clearly, what your father's real names are.
DAZ ALL!!!

5 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mynd_44: What happened to "I don't know or I don't remember it right now"? If he was honest about this whole thing, the matter would have died down.

He could have easily said they have a department that takes care of the IT side and he is not conversant with the website as he is usually too busy with other stuff. I surely would not blame him for that but trying to cover up his ignorance by lying is wrong
Exactly. Telling the truth would have made him appear less of a joke.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by AnanseK(m): 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
He could have easily said they have a department that takes care of the IT side and he is not conversant with the website as he is usually too busy with other stuff. g

The best and most honorable reply and cannot be faulted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.