Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! (1307 Views)

" Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! by ayobase(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2013
To every situation, two things are involved......

This trending Drama is like a coin with two sides.

U can check out the first side of the coin here (by acidtalk).....

https://www.nairaland.com/1226028/reasons-why-oga-top-jokes

And here is the second side of the coin (got if from a friend)....

For some days now, the media has been over flooded with the phrase: "my oga at the top", which emanated from the live interview @channels_TV granted Mr. Shem Obafaiye, the Lagos State Commandant of the Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps. (NSCDC).

Whilst so many have chosen to turn this to a joke, I think it should be an eye opener for us.

Now, let's glean some lessons from this;

1. Be very conversant with the happenings around you at all times. Ignorance can be deadly!

2. Regardless of your qualification, strive to possess a Sound Interpersonal Communication Skill (IPC). This will prevent you from making incoherent presentations. He was unable to answer any question appropriately!

3. Regardless of the case, be calm, remain yourself. Don't be too "Boss Conscious". This was a challenge the man had. He wanted to please his Boss at all cost, hence, the phrase "My Oga at the top". Refrain from worshiping people! Respect all, fear none. Honor all, worship none!

4. When asked a question and you don't have an answer, please just open up by saying you don't know. Better still, say you'll get back to the person. This led the man to giving "ww.nscdc that's all!" as the URL for his organization. Don't EVER misinform people!

5. In this jet age, it will be highly calamitous to get ready. Please DON'T GET READY, LIVE READY! The man obviously wasn't expecting the questions asked.

Bear in mind, that this same interview could have boosted Mr. Sham's image if successful. Sometimes, the path that leads to success may also lead to failure! This is a lesson for us all!

God bless us all!

4 Likes

Re: Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! by KingOfNairaland: 10:50am On Mar 16, 2013
Cool cool

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! by Nedu31(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2013
Damn Gr8t! Am ganna do copy and paste

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! by CrazyMan(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
Good write up...

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! by Mustay(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2013
I like this. This is better than those who want us to learn the other way round via sentiments.

But OP, how can you be saying one thing now that his name is Mr. Sham and his Ogas at the top know him as Mr. Shem - take time o angry wink

Ignorance is really deadly, especially when it's coupled with arrogance as exhibited by Mr. Shem. We should learn how to be humble.

If I even wanted to defend him, the defence would have failed when he said "ww.nscdc" - simple "we are working on it", "I'll let you know after the show" or something similar would have sufficed.

1 Like

Re: Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! by dubem3(m): 10:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Inasmuch as i am one of those that have laughed out their hearts at this occurence and made as much joke as i can from it, i never fail to learn a lesson from didactic events. i already told myself some of these things. I told my younger brother...no body just gets up and walks into an interview especially to be aired on national television if he is not confident that he'll do justice to whatever questions are thrown at him. Those things big enough to put you down are the same things so small at first that we could not see them. I dint watch that interview but i can almost bet you that he handled properly, any questions that had to do with the operations of the NSDC.
the long and short of it all lies in the boy scout motto 'BE PREPARED'

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Are U A Candidate Of Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron 2014/2015 Session / ACCA Students, Let's Meet Here / Is The Problem Of Nigerian Youth Unemployment Or Unemployability?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.