Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Thieves!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thieves!!! (871 Views)

Bet9ja Are Thieves / PIX. See What Thieves Did To My Laptop / Phone Shop. / Cashcraft - Thieves Or A Broker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thieves!!! by Kairoseki77: 4:02am On Mar 16, 2013
Hi,

I have a question about a business idea...

It will involve installing LCD TV's in the headrests of Naija taxis. The headrests will be removable so the driver can take them out of the car when he parks for the night. I will pay the drivers monthly for keeping the TV's in their car, and in good condition.

I only have one question - Will the drivers just steal the TV's after I install them? Is their any way I can make sure the drivers don't steal them? Will passengers try to rob the drivers to steal the TV's?

Thank you for your HONEST replies!
Re: Thieves!!! by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 16, 2013
Are the TV's meant to entertain the passengers or to roll adverts.

I think you should get the drivers to pay a deposit of some sort so that if the tv's go missing they too will have something to loose.

My only concern is this . . .we have TV's in our car but I never watch it (the kids do) because I always have my eye on the road in Nigeria due to the crazy driving stlye, and am watching out for other crazy drivers around us & telling the driver to take care. so I am not sure that passengers will actually watch a film from start to finish unless you are targeting long distance hire car company drivers, but within town I am not so sure. . . .Just a thought.

1 Like

Re: Thieves!!! by Kairoseki77: 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
chaircover: Are the TV's meant to entertain the passengers or to roll adverts.

I think you should get the drivers to pay a deposit of some sort so that if the tv's go missing they too will have something to loose.

My only concern is this . . .we have TV's in our car but I never watch it (the kids do) because I always have my eye on the road in Nigeria due to the crazy driving stlye, and am watching out for other crazy drivers around us & telling the driver to take care. so I am not sure that passengers will actually watch a film from start to finish unless you are targeting long distance hire car company drivers, but within town I am not so sure. . . .Just a thought.

The TV's would entertain the passengers, roll adverts, music videos, movie trailers, etc.

The most important thing is making sure my investment in the TV's won't go to waste through theft. Asking the drivers to leave a deposit is a great idea.

Each TV costs about 13,000 naira. How much deposit can a driver afford?
Does it make sense to have a contract? Are the courts too slow to charge anyone with failure to uphold the contract?

Thanks.
Re: Thieves!!! by Kairoseki77: 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2013
More questions to come...brb.
Re: Thieves!!! by oduz: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2013
I am interested in this biz if u want partners,

u may not be able to stop thieves from taking the sets, but u can make it possible to always locate them. This may discourage stealing.

Taxi drivers won't still them if u go thro the union

I'm available for more brainstorming, as a Certified Ad Practitioner
Re: Thieves!!! by Kairoseki77: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
oduz: I am interested in this biz if u want partners,

u may not be able to stop thieves from taking the sets, but u can make it possible to always locate them. This may discourage stealing.

Taxi drivers won't still them if u go thro the union

I'm available for more brainstorming, as a Certified Ad Practitioner

I just sent you a message.
Re: Thieves!!! by oduz: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2013
Michaeljones36:

I just sent you a message.

Got ur PM, u can contact me better thro

arcmedia007@yahoo.com

or bb PIN 28E2434E

Cheers cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Frustrated Traders / Dump Trucks Needed. 20K-25K / Day / Urgently Needed- A Visible Car Wash For Rent/lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.