Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye (12514 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2013
RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION SATURDAY 16TH MARCH 2013 LUST INSPIRED REQUESTS BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Memorise:Ye ask; and receive not,, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. James 4:3
Read; James 4:1-3
Bible in one year: Micah 1-3

Key point: When your prayer request is motivated by your lust or a demon of lust, it will go unanswered by God.

The knowledge of the spirit operating behind the scene of a given situation will guide a believer on who to fight and how to fight. Lying spirits can go to the extent of giving different people fake dreams about their target victim, in order to discredit the fellow. And it will look so real. If several persons believe some falsehood about you, know that lying spirits are at work. Unfortunately, because many believers are not careful enough, almost anybody can be used by such spirits. Too many battles are misdirected. We are fighting against one another in the Body of Christ today because certain demons are operating behind the scene to hit heads against each other. That is partly a diversionary tactic. And this situation is bringing a lot of wastage in the area of prayer. James 4:3 says one reason we ask but fail to get results is because our requests are misdirected. If only God reveals the man hours in prayer and fasting over wrong requests, you would be very amazed. Some brother can spend three weeks praying and fasting for somebody he perceives to be an enemy to die, and he will be surprised, all he needed to do was to ask God to reveal the true situation to him and afterwards, he will know what spirit to face and how to use God's Word to face it, while knowing how to pray about the human figure involved in the situation.

If the advice of James is anything to go by, it is that we must start praying rightly. The truth is, spending five minutes praying - hitting the nail on its head will give you more results than spending 100 hours praying wrongly. According to today's reading, James felt bad that certain carnal behaviours and prayers were motivated by lusts, which as a matter of fact were instigated by the spirit of lust. Check the spirit of covetousness while desiring to have what your neighbour has! Check the spirit of lust while desiring a lady because of her physical endowments. Any request you make having these as your motivators amount to lust. God will meet your needs but He will not service your lust!

http://earlydigest..com/2013/03/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-saturday.html

34 Likes

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
fresh
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
remember to share
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
GREAT PIECE
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 17, 2013
Presently listening to one of his sermons...I bless God for his life.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Yvete(f): 4:27am On Mar 17, 2013
I love the Open Heavens devotional. In this fast-paced life, it helps to get my day started off right. When I miss a day, its because I didn't pray that morning cool

2 Likes

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:37am On Mar 17, 2013
I like Pastor Adeboye's teachings a lot!!!
He always connects the physical with the spiritual!!!
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by silibaba: 4:51am On Mar 17, 2013
members trying to bring this MOG to limelight embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Lakayana: 6:03am On Mar 17, 2013
silibaba: members trying to bring this MOG to limelight embarassed
just like you called him man of God members don't have to do that God has already done that.

4 Likes

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Lakayana: 6:07am On Mar 17, 2013
silibaba: members trying to bring this MOG to limelight embarassed
Just as you called him man of God members don't have to do that God has already done that.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by silibaba: 6:19am On Mar 17, 2013
you could do better than that your pastor only if you open the door of your heart abd let Jesus in.

adeboye na God? angry
Lakayana: Just as you called him man of God members don't have to do that God has already done that.

1 Like

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Originalsly: 6:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Hmmm....James 4:1-3....this Adeboye guy can really turn the Bible upside down.Maybe he and his followers should read James 5:1-3....1.Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you 2. Your riches are corrupted and your garments are moth-eaten 3. Your gold and silver are cankered, and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have reaped treasure together for the last days.

1 Like

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by KINGwax(m): 6:59am On Mar 17, 2013
silibaba: you could do better than that your pastor only if you open the door of your heart abd let Jesus in.

adeboye na God? angry
some people are so bitter unnecessarily! Some people like u, u argued they were tryin to bring him to lime light. I mean, some widely knwn even by the boko harams.
Now u asking if he's God. Was there any form of worshiping him or praying to him? I think u're an embittered hypocrite who worships his own pastor.

6 Likes

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by KINGwax(m): 7:09am On Mar 17, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm....James 4:1-3....this Adeboye guy can really turn the Bible upside down.Maybe he and his followers should read James 5:1-3....1.Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you 2. Your riches are corrupted and your garments are moth-eaten 3. Your gold and silver are cankered, and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have reaped treasure together for the last days.
some people, like I say, are unnecessarily bitter. Where is the turning of the bible in an upside manner?
The man was preaching abt why some people pray and they receive not, and u are here talkin about a chapter that clearly talked abt the dangers of riches!
James 4 clearly explains why u pray without result, and dt tallys with the preaching.
And even if we decided to use the same James 5 as a reference, one can still tell u some people dnt receive answers because they are well olivious of the dangers of what they seek for!
I mean, it's not new dt most people get rich only for the wealth to turn them into something else, ask for a car and get killed by d same car. Forced a child and died while givin birth.
In recap, u need a brain for a rational argument!

12 Likes

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 7:11am On Mar 17, 2013
Timely and refreshing
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by grrit: 7:44am On Mar 17, 2013
I'm not here to judge or criticise any one but truth be told, I've never heard this MOG preach about lust the way it should be preached about.. Lust here does not involve having sexual desires, like someone clearly stated, he's lusting after money and that's true..
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by albacete(m): 7:50am On Mar 17, 2013
is that all?
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Policewoman(f): 8:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Nice sermon.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by rexbuton: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2013
now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and satan came also among them...Job1.6
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by supercolez: 8:19am On Mar 17, 2013
Nobody can tell me the prayer God answers, he does things in his way which no 1 understands. Lust or not, God gives wen he wants and He doesn't wen he doesn't want.

1 Like

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Jonwesley(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2013
KINGwax: some people, like I say, are unnecessarily bitter. Where is the turning of the bible in an upside manner?
The man was preaching abt why some people pray and they receive not, and u are here talkin about a chapter that clearly talked abt the dangers of riches!
James 4 clearly explains why u pray without result, and dt tallys with the preaching.
And even if we decided to use the same James 5 as a reference, one can still tell u some people dnt receive answers because they are well olivious of the dangers of what they seek for!
I mean, it's not new dt most people get rich only for the wealth to turn them into something else, ask for a car and get killed by d same car. Forced a child and died while givin birth.
In recap, u need a brain for a rational argument!

You have said it all. Just be silent now as silence is the best answer to a fool at his age.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 17, 2013
I have learnt something very interesting from this message. I got to put it to practice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Launches Clean The Waste by RCCG Sanitation Team / If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. / Private Jet Is A Necessity And Not A Luxury - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.