Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. (4822 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge / My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by emmabright(m): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Is it polite for husband and wife to be using seperate room?
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Chynx(m): 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nope!
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by zayhal(f): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
It's absurd to sleep in separate rooms but they can have separate rooms to keep their things since one room isn't enough for some women to store bags and shoes.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Rooneyboy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
it is 100 percent polite to me oooo ; surely my wife and I would be sleeping in separate rooms.

I do value MY space a lot.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by kunlej2: 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
you make me remember when i newly married and told my wife this, she said NO tried it but it failed well, i have given up on it.

to satisfy your curiosity, it is not advisable besides, privacy is not for married people. i do my official assignment at home and dont get disturbed even to late in the night.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by aadetoyin(f): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
Its a NO for me. I need to cuddle up with hubby every night so I would never think of seperate rooms.
If u sleep on the same bed every night, its almost impossible to go to bed angry.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Well.. my dad and mum used to have their own separate rooms and that doesnt mean they didnt love each other.
Its the partners decision to make.

Separate or no separate room, doesnt mean they cant have babies wink cheesy
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by igbonla(m): 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
So obvious you are not married! You can sleep on the same bed every night and not talk for days!

aadetoyin: Its a NO for me. I need to cuddle up with hubby every night so I would never think of seperate rooms.
If u sleep on the same bed every night, its almost impossible to go to bed angry.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by aadetoyin(f): 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
igbonla: So obvious you are not married! You can sleep on the same bed every night and not talk for days!

Abeg don't Bite me!!! I said my opinion and u don't have to agree with it.
And for ur information I am married so calm down when u re responding to people that don't think ur way.
I am married and I can never have separate rooms becos its harder to keep malice that way but since u re a malice professional then u can sleep beside ur spouse for days without talking. Seems u must be really good at doing that.
In my home, we trash issues before going to bed. I wonder how some people sleep well knowing u re angry with the person next to u.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
It is very normal, men needs their space a lot.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
aadetoyin:

Abeg don't Bite me!!! I said my opinion and u don't have to agree with it.
And for ur information I am married so calm down when u re responding to people that don't think ur way.
I am married and I can never have separate rooms becos its harder to keep malice that way but since u re a malice professional then u can sleep beside ur spouse for days without talking. Seems u must be really good at doing that.
In my home, we trash issues before going to bed. I wonder how some people sleep well knowing u re angry with the person next to u.

How can you sleep on the same bed with an angry woman, she can wake up at night and break your head. Our ancestors kept their wives on seperate houses in the compound, that was why the marriages lasted forever then.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by aadetoyin(f): 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
van bonattel:

How can you sleep on the same bed with an angry woman, she can wake up at night and break your head. Our ancestors kept their wives on seperate houses in the compound, that was why the marriages lasted forever then.

That's why you should sort ur differences b4 u sleep. So u think sleeping in separate rooms is what made their marriage lasted back then? ℓ☺ℓ.
Whether u sleep in the same room or not, do not go to bed angry. Its could be difficult sometimes but its worth it.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rooneyboy: it is 100 percent polite to me oooo ; surely my wife and I would be sleeping in separate rooms.

I do value MY space a lot.

van bonattel: It is very normal, men needs their space a lot.

Could you clarify what types of things you need space for? Both during the day and in the middle of the night please.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by biolabee(m): 8:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
LOL at wives breaking heads of their husband in the dark

Kpoko!
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by toofine765: 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
Talking from personal experience there was a time hubby nd I kept to different rooms and for the 1st time since we got married our quarral was able to last for a whole week because once we return from work everyone goes into his/her and retire for the day when we eventually made up we told our selfs we will never stay in different rooms again because staying together just builds up that bond no matter how angry u may feel. Marital differences are best reconciled at mid night.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 17, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by micklplus(m): 5:58am On Mar 18, 2013
Separate rooms ke? God forbid! Come sunshine, rainfall and snow sef, we are together on that bed! Infact, I tickle her with my p.ri.ck when we have misunderstanding and before you say jack, I'm frolicking away!

The truth is, its not advisable for married couples to stay in different rooms for so many obvious reasonsssss.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by micklplus(m): 6:00am On Mar 18, 2013
toofine765: Marital differences are best reconciled at mid night.

Very correct. Lol
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by greatgod2012(f): 9:36am On Mar 18, 2013
Many wise sayings up there.
He that has ear, let him hear what the spirit is saying........separate rooms is not advisable for couples, when you get married, you are supposed to become one, so i dont really see any space that some are clamouring for here, its good, its encouraged, its beneficial, its biblical and yes, polite for husbands and wives to sleep in the same room.
If you think your spouse do not worth sleeping with in the same room, if you see it as impolite to sleep in the same room with your spouse, then, its advised not to tie the knot with him/her.
It has so many benefits, of which are.......
1. Close companinship.
2. Improves efficient and effective communication.
3. Breeds closeness/oneness.
4. Promotes quick settlement of disagreements/ misunderstandings.
5. Facilitates spousal warmth.
6. Promotes interesting/meaningful lovemaking.
However, the risks/dangers/disadvantages are the opposites of the points highlighted above.
Meanwhile, im speaking from experience.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 9:37am On Mar 18, 2013
ileobatojo:

Could you clarify what types of things you need space for? Both during the day and in the middle of the night please.

Some people grew up as loners, enjoying their privacy as they grew up and all through adolescence. It will difficult to adapt easily with anybody trying to share your space. Some people are so different, some pray at night, some read at night, some need to focus and think deeply without distractions at night, man or woman.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by greatgod2012(f): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2013
ileobatojo:

thank you for those highly intelligent questions.
May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by greatgod2012(f): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

Some people grew up as loners, enjoying their privacy as they grew up and all through adolescence. It will difficult to adapt easily with anybody trying to share your space. Some people are so different, some pray at night, some read at night, some need to focus and think deeply without distractions at night, man or woman.

believe me, marriage with the right partner, with the person you really love, is a medicine for loneliness...........and for those things you highlighted above, you can do them together with your better half(your spouse), and the ones you cant do together, you can excuse yourself out to another room when you want to do them.
May God help us all.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by greatgod2012(f): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2013
chaircover:

You are absolutely right . . . Lets just say that the bedroom is the engine room of the house and the most serious life changing and the most silly conversations in that our bedroom. No bedroom and we might as well be strangers.
it def promotes bonding

thank you ma!!! eeeehmmmm.........behind closed doors.....ehn, ehn.....hhhhmmmmm...
May God help us all.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2013
greatgod2012: Many wise sayings up there.
He that has ear, let him hear what the spirit is saying........separate rooms is not advisable for couples, when you get married, you are supposed to become one, so i dont really see any space that some are clamouring for here, its good, its encouraged, its beneficial, its biblical and yes, polite for husbands and wives to sleep in the same room.
If you think your spouse do not worth sleeping with in the same room, if you see it as impolite to sleep in the same room with your spouse, then, its advised not to tie the knot with him/her.
It has so many benefits, of which are.......
1. Close companinship.
2. Improves efficient and effective communication.
3. Breeds closeness/oneness.
4. Promotes quick settlement of disagreements/ misunderstandings.
5. Facilitates spousal warmth.
6. Promotes interesting/meaningful lovemaking.
However, the risks/dangers/disadvantages are the opposites of the points highlighted above.
Meanwhile, im speaking from experience.
May God help us all.

Let's look at your points, and I supply you the opposites and you will see the difference.

1. The closeness could also mean invasion of privacy.
2. That communication can easily be abused by a nagging partner, disturbing your sleep and increasing the problem.
3. Breeds too much closeness which may lead to abuses, physical or emotional.
4. Quick settlement? No way, most times a quarrel needs distance to think well and clear your heads. Sleeping together is like bringing flame to gunpowder, physical abuse may follow.
5. Or facilitates the suffocation of love due to too much familiarity.
6. When you don chop the whole lovemaking for 30 years under 3 years, divorce is the next thing as there are no longer new things to learn about each other.

Sometimes we need to chop life small small, the fewer the close moments the more memorable and sweet to look forward to it.

2 Likes

Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 9:52am On Mar 18, 2013
chaircover:

You are absolutely right . . . Lets just say that the bedroom is the engine room of the house and the most serious life changing and the most silly conversations in that our bedroom. No bedroom and we might as well be strangers.
it def promotes bonding

A couple can live for many years in the same bedroom and still be strangers?
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2013
greatgod2012:

believe me, marriage with the right partner, with the person you really love, is a medicine for loneliness...........and for those things you highlighted above, you can do them together with your better half(your spouse), and the ones you cant do together, you can excuse yourself out to another room when you want to do them.
May God help us all.

At least you are good enough to admit there are some things you can excuse yourself and do alone in another room, the truth is coming out.....
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2013
chaircover:

very true! but it would have even been worse for this same couple if they stayed in separate rooms.

Or even better, the distance between them may give them the gap to desire each other, some people just needs to stay alone before they can function well. Have you ever wondered why some people decide to be sailors or other jobs that keeps them far from their family and friends? To enjoy their loneliness, in fact, to celebrate it.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2013
chaircover:

I think we are back to square one again and which is if BOTH of them are happy with it and they are able to make the best out of it then good for them. . . .however having said that, one cant overlook the fact that when a couple sleep and share a lot together, it does strengthen the bond.

If one needs to permanently stay alone to function well, then maybe that person shouldn't be in a relationship that involves one being expected to do otherwise #justsayin

Do you know that a mundane point like the wife "squeezing the toothpaste from the middle" while the husband squeezes his from the bottom has caused some divorce in some families? Do you think it would have happened if she had her own room/bathroom?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I want to sell my kidney to carter for my needs. / How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? / Every Single Man Is A Sick Paedophile???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.