Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? (1158 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Budget Now On The Budget Office Website / We Know Your Hideouts, Surrender Now, Army Tells B’haram / Stop Drinking Free Beer,know Your Neigbours: Fashola Urges Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
So many people especially the youths found it amazing to make jest of a man who couldn't remember his organizations website. Though it was a big blow on his personality and organizations image to go on a National Television and stutter over his organizations website, but if we put sentiments aside and let's look at ourselves in the mirror, how many of us can truly beat out chest and say we know by heart the correct website of our school, work, business and even church. Most of us use google as a helping tool whenever we need to visit those websites to check result, register course form, check company e.mail and profile, company news and church latest news.

Even though some of us visit those websites several times a week or month as the case maybe, we never deem it fit to know it by heart as we always rely on google to help us whenever we want to access information on the website.

A seminar was help for bigwigs in the Financial industry sometime middle of last year. Participants needed to fill out a particular "attendee" form and when the space of 'personal e.mail address' and websites column were to be filled, it was glaring that most officials didn't just don't know their organizations website but also don't know their personal e.mail address. Most of them were seen checking their branded organization Dairies, letter head and some even had to call their Personal Assistants into the hall to ask for their e.mail addresses.

One particular man wrote www.*****bank@yahoo.com. Well most of you won't believe but for those who attended that seminar last year and have the opportunity to stumble on this thread, they will sure laugh their head off remembering what happened afterwards.

Let's try to correct our flaws first before trying to change the whole nation.

Don't always ask What your country can do for you, but rather ask what you can do for your country.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
If people want to be sincere with themselves and their Creator, more than 90 percent of people will realize they have just been fooling themselves all week as they are not in a better position than the "Oga At The Top Man"
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Inik(m): 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Guy stop overflogging this issue, the whole "oga at the top" joke series will go away with time. Someone else may commit a gaffe next week and we will all laugh and move on. For now, just follow the national humour trend and stop being too uptight. We all use google everyday, we are not perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
Don't know how true it is, but just read on a thread the wife went to Channels Tv to protest that the man and his entire family are going through psychological trauma. To make thing worse that he has also been suspended.

Which sane nation will suspend a officer because he doesn't know his organization's website. When Jonathan with to make a fool of himself on CNN why didn't the Senators call for his impeachment?
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Afam4eva(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
[size=14pt]Most people i've come across don't know the website of their workplace or school. I remember when i was the IT manager of a company, i was always asked by the MD and everyone what the website was everytime.[/size]
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Most people i've come across don't know the website of their workplace or school. I remember when i was the IT manager of a company, i was always asked by the MD and everyone what the website was everytime.[/size]

Thank you my brother.
Then who is fooling who and what exactly are we talking of?
How can we be mocking someone of something we are guilty of?

This generation is just so pathetic. People can't just sit and reason to come up with a concrete decision, they will rather jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Afam4eva(m): 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

Thank you my brother.

This generation is just so pathetic. People can't just sit and reason to come up with a concrete decision, they will rather jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd.
[size=14pt]That's life and human beings for you.[/size]
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]That's life and human beings for you.[/size]

I think its just a problem faced by the current crop of Nigerian youths.
While their younger ones in other countries are creating innovational ideals and items they are right here trending at irrelevant and childish issues. They just can hadly think again. Almost 10,000,000 people now share a single brain. They just follow the crowd blindly.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
Yes, the NSCDC man fumbled. But many do not know better than him. Infact they ll not last 5minutes in an interview before referring questions to their 'Oga @ The Top'.
As for his suspension. If it's true, that's the price he has to pay.
I ll urge his family to be strong & click ignore botton for people making jests of them. This is a tough time for them.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by emiye(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

Thank you my brother.

Thanks for the painstaking truth.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
I really think if the agency wants to justify his suspension, then the superior officer who gave him a go ahead to grant the interview should also be suspended.

If they are very sure he is incompetent, then he should be fired.

But for people condemning him for not knowing the agency's website is what I don't subscribe to.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2013
See the hypocrisy in Nigeria? After all the noise and insults no known can confidently admit they know their school or office's website by heart with using google or checking somewhere.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Mustay(m): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2013
This acidtalk and Oga at The Top - there's a difference between a student humbly admitting not knowing the school's website and arguing that you know it when you don't know it. The former shows why you are a student who is ready to learn, the latter shows that school will not go through you, you'll only go to school -> School of Hard Knocks tongue

If you don't visit or use a site frequently, you most likely will not know it. I will disagree with Afam's 'population sample' - whatever it may be. Just like WAEC or UTME, students in Universities who register their semester courses themselves are most likely than not going to know the school's website. Similarly, lecturers and administrators would most likely know the website if the school uses it as a medium of communication in the school.

When these students become graduates and go for an job nterview, 2+2 during preparation for the interview make them commit the coy's site to memory. If you don't use it, you may never know the answers to the questions asked.

It's the same thing amongst students - if you argue about what you know not of, you'll most likely be mocked.

The cost of ignorance to other students is the prize for the first class student - the reason why s/he's results puts him/her at the TOP of the class. Meritocracy sounds, looks and reads differently from mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 18, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]Most people i've come across don't know the website of their workplace or school. I remember when i was the IT manager of a company, i was always asked by the MD and everyone what the website was everytime.[/size]

More like a 2bit company that put up the website for the purpose of feeling among
. A website that may be long dead. You and seun were talking about that on a diff thread.

The man is a computer illiterate and had no business appearing on tv to discuss phishing websites.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 18, 2013
acidtalk: So many people especially the youths found it amazing to make jest of a man who couldn't remember his organizations website. Though it was a big blow on his personality and organizations image to go on a National Television and stutter over his organizations website, but if we put sentiments aside and let's look at ourselves in the mirror, how many of us can truly beat out chest and say we know by heart the correct website of our school, work, business and even church. Most of us use google as a helping tool whenever we need to visit those websites to check result, register course form, check company e.mail and profile, company news and church latest news.

Even though some of us visit those websites several times a week or month as the case maybe, we never deem it fit to know it by heart as we always rely on google to help us whenever we want to access information on the website.

A seminar was help for bigwigs in the Financial industry sometime middle of last year. Participants needed to fill out a particular "attendee" form and when the space of 'personal e.mail address' and websites column were to be filled, it was glaring that most officials didn't just don't know their organizations website but also don't know their personal e.mail address. Most of them were seen checking their branded organization Dairies, letter head and some even had to call their Personal Assistants into the hall to ask for their e.mail addresses.

One particular man wrote www.*****bank@yahoo.com. Well most of you won't believe but for those who attended that seminar last year and have the opportunity to stumble on this thread, they will sure laugh their head off remembering what happened afterwards.

Let's try to correct our flaws first before trying to change the whole nation.

Don't always ask What your country can do for you, but rather ask what you can do for your country.

Watermouth the outed storyteller is here again. Oga, your man goofed on national tv. He represents the computer illiteracy characteritic of the fg.

Instead of making pathetic excuses, come to terms with the problem.

Or perhaps watermouth is in on phishing scams and prefers the status quo to remain as is

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2013
@OP, not only do I know my organization's website by heart, I still remember the website of the university I attended.

Please be reminded that the issue here is not primarily the fact that he didn't know the website of the NSCDC. The man is being mocked because he tried to play smart. A simple "I can't remember it right now, I'll get back to you later" would have saved him a lot of stress.

Honesty pays. Mr Obafaiye tried to be dishonest, but got found out. I don't pity him.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 11:19am On Mar 18, 2013
oyb:

Watermouth the outed storyteller is here again. Oga, your man goofed on national tv. He represents the computer illiteracy characteritic of the fg.

Instead of making pathetic excuses, come to terms with the problem.

Or perhaps watermouth is in on phishing scams and prefers the status quo to remain as is

Can't you ever control the gene of stu*pidity in you for once? Can't you ever comment with you being insultive?

You were actually the person Fani Kayode was refering as the Product of same sex marriage and actually not Reuben Abati, because you show a greater level of foolishness than any man on earth.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by coogar: 11:42am On Mar 18, 2013
acidtalk: If people want to be sincere with themselves and their Creator, more than 90 percent of people will realize they have just been fooling themselves all week as they are not in a better position than the "Oga At The Top Man"

you are talking rubbish(as usual).
who wouldn't know his school web address? this is like saying 90% don't know their email address.......how is that possible? a representative of NSCDC went to a TV station for an exclusive interview and yet he failed at the most basic question asked.....you are one of the problems in nigeria: defending mediocrity! get out of here with your tunnel vision and let this matter die already.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
acidtalk:

Can't you ever control the gene of stu*pidity in you for once? Can't you ever comment with you being insultive?

You were actually the person Fani Kayode was refering as the Product of same sex marriage and actually not Reuben Abati, because you show a greater level of foolishness than any man on earth.
Lmfao!!!!! Chai!
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 11:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
fntekim:
Lmfao!!!!! Chai!

The guy na idi*ot.

Nairaland don cause enough see finish from all these toddlers.
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 19, 2013
acidtalk:

The guy na idi*ot.

Nairaland don cause enough see finish from all these toddlers.

Wow, just seeing this. I keep forgetting watermouth is like a rat, he always waits for the master to fall asleep before scurrying out to nibble at the masters toes

A poster who has been exposed as a jobless attention seeker who starts juvenile threads trying to don some sort of toga of responsibility.

A dunce who thinks blathering illiterates should be defended when they goof. Please join team gej already. You fit the profile to a t. Defend the indefensible, adopt airs of ' I care for nigeria' . .join themm, at least you would get paid for making a foo-l of yourself
Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by Pataki: 3:14am On Mar 19, 2013
acidtalk:

Thank you my brother.

Speak for yourself, and stop acting stewpeed.

I don't blame you. Even as common as Blackberry and mobile internet services are in Nigeria, you still possess the idiotic temerity to think people are just following the crowd and this generation is pathetic.

In case it was utterly lost on you, the 'Oga @ the top' joke going viral is a clear indication to the several idiotic beings in government that gone are the days of crass ignorance in Nigeria especially from senior public officials.

This is simply because, the generation you tag as pathetic, are more IT empowered than the foo-l who came with his 'Oga @ the top' statements.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Your School Or Office's Website Without Using Google? by acidtalk: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
Pataki:

Speak for yourself, and stop acting stewpeed.

I don't blame you. Even as common as Blackberry and mobile internet services are in Nigeria, you still possess the idiotic temerity to think people are just following the crowd and this generation is pathetic.

In case it was utterly lost on you, the 'Oga @ the top' joke going viral is a clear indication to the several idiotic beings in government that gone are the days of crass ignorance in Nigeria especially from senior public officials.

This is simply because, the generation you tag as pathetic, are more IT empowered than the foo-l who came with his 'Oga @ the top' statements.

Your life is pathetic.

(1) (Reply)

Is Buhari A Boko Haram Sponsor? / My Daughter Not The Only One Held Hostage At Etsu Nupes Palace- Pastor Uzoechina / Anambra: Crisis As Ngige Emerges APC Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.