Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Is It Necessary To Put Off A/C Before Starting Or Putting Off Engine? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Necessary To Put Off A/C Before Starting Or Putting Off Engine? (1181 Views)

Is It Necessary To Disconnect My Car Thermostat? / Is It Necessary To Check For Rust Under A Car When Buying / Is It Necessary To Check For Rust Under A Car When Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Put Off A/C Before Starting Or Putting Off Engine? by adanny01(m): 10:16am On Mar 17, 2013
I have seen many in the habit of putting A/C off before putting off the engine. Also, people making sure the A/C is off before cranking the car.

I imaging that people are doing so to less the load on the kick starter and battery.

I invite professionals here to lecture us as to whether the A/C compressor is active during cranking? If it isnt, then putting A/C on or off does not matter.

I do hear a click before my car's compressor is active and an increase in idle rpm. I hear that click after i put on A/C, on intervals while idling and immediately after engine has successfully started with A/C on.

Since i hear that click after it has started, i feel the compressor wasnt active during engine cranking.

Hearing from professionals on this forum will expose our actions in this matter.
Re: Is It Necessary To Put Off A/C Before Starting Or Putting Off Engine? by FlyboyZee: 10:42am On Mar 17, 2013
I usually ensure that not just the A/C, but all electrical/electronic accesories are turned off before starting or turning off the ignition of my car. I do this as a precautionary care in case anything may go wrong. I also do this in the house and office, when switching on/off the generator.

I don't know why & I don't know much, but, maybe its because of all the office opening and locking procedures over the years or maybe from the safety trainings I have received. The "SAFETY FIRST" thing, if you understand what I mean.
Re: Is It Necessary To Put Off A/C Before Starting Or Putting Off Engine? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
adanny01:
I have seen many in the habit of putting A/C off before putting off the engine. Also, people making sure the A/C is off before cranking the car.

I imaging that people are doing so to less the load on the kick starter and battery.

I invite professionals here to lecture us as to whether the A/C compressor is active during cranking? If it isnt, then putting A/C on or off does not matter.

I do hear a click before my car's compressor is active and an increase in idle rpm. I hear that click after i put on A/C, on intervals while idling and immediately after engine has successfully started with A/C on.

Since i hear that click after it has started, i feel the compressor wasnt active during engine cranking.

Hearing from professionals on this forum will expose our actions in this matter.

it doesnt matter as

remember when you switch of the car the AC switches off and when start the car again by default AC should be off this is controlled by a relay switch unless otherwise something is wrong

or may be the so called REWIRE messed up the wiring

(1) (Reply)

Does Putting On Car Air Condition Affect Its Fuel Consumption! / RAV 4 Transmission Issues (2001 To 2003) / Alignment Scam!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.