Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,911 members, 7,841,453 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Tourism In Ivory Coast - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tourism In Ivory Coast (11442 Views)

East African Coast | Culture And People / Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast / Ivory Coast Got Some Good Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
Which one is better Yamoussoukro or Abidjan?
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Which one is better Yamoussoukro or Abidjan?

Abidjan is Fun & unsafe with some touristics sites

Yamoussoukro, is calm and paisible with some touristic sites smiley
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
^ thanks ,but m not going to live so no worries. Do Abidjan have any touristic sites? Beaches?

From what I have seen and what you said I think I will go for Yamoussoukro. I like calm cities.
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^ thanks ,but m not going to live so no worries. Do Abidjan have any touristic sites? Beaches?

From what I have seen and what you said I think I will go for Yamoussoukro. I like calm cities.

yes! near abidjan there is Bouley island (15min en bateau), le quatier d'affaire (le plateau) and we have hotel ivoire, some good museum, and cimétiere des bateaux, but Abidjan c'est plus le coté culturel, les nights club etc...
there is a beache in Abidjan (Port bouet), but Bassam, Assinie, San Pedro etc... have the most beautifull beaches of Ivory Coast
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 18, 2013
Ile Bouley

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 18, 2013
Abidjan (Babi)

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 18, 2013
Abidjan
1) Lebanese mosque
2) Administrative Towers and Cathedral Saint Paul
3) Elephants symbol of the country
4) Le plateau

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 18, 2013
Abidjan by night

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 18, 2013
what's the cost of life in CIV ? do we have thee same currency? i heard you guys also use the CFCFA but is it the same as the one in Central Africa?
Do foreigners mingle easily in CIV?
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 18, 2013
lmao je pense ma description l'a degba, let me erase it
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah: lmao je pense ma description l'a degba, let me erase it
what's egba?
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 18, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what's egba?

decourager
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah:

decourager
ooo non non c'est que j'ai pas de la famille labas ,doncsi je dois y aller je vais surement rester dans un hotel lol ..sauf si tu m'heberges wink
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 18, 2013
^^ si ch8 la ba ca sera sans soucis smiley
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 18, 2013
infos needed cool cool
CAMEROONPRIDE: what's the cost of life in CIV ? do we have thee same currency? i heard you guys also use the CFCFA but is it the same as the one in Central Africa?
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 18, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: infos needed cool cool

ummmh je ne sais pas si le CFA central et le CFA west sont egaux hein, i have to verify it
Abidjan is expensive but the other cities not that much, there are manageable.
Na for foreigners they do mingle easily i think, integration there ain't too bad,, people are usually welcoming and open to difference
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 18, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what's the cost of life in CIV ? do we have thee same currency? i heard you guys also use the CFCFA but is it the same as the one in Central Africa?
We (uemoa and cemac) use FCFA but it's not the came, you can't use your Cameroonian CFA in Ivory Coast, au niveau de la valeur c'est la même!
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:42am On Mar 18, 2013
ivorian225: We (uemoa and cemac) use FCFA but it's not the came, you can't use your Cameroonian CFA in Ivory Coast, au niveau de la valeur c'est la même!
could you please post some pics of your currency/bills.

1 Like

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ivorian CFA

The sawfish stylized. This is a bronze figurine formerly used by the Akan to weigh gold.
In their mythology, this species represents the power of the sea, fertility and prosperity.

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
More Ivorian CFA

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFA should go to the garbage! angry angry angry
i wonder how we gonna boycott this motherfvckin piss of shiiit
it's the instrument of our economic enslavement.

1 Like

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah: CFA should go to the garbage! angry angry angry
i wonder how we gonna boycott this motherfvckin piss of shiiit
it's the instrument of our economic enslavement.
oui c'est vrai mais il n'y a pas de volonté politique de le faire
et celui qui se risquerait a vouloir aura des comptes a rendre a la france embarassed embarassed
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
ivorian225:
oui c'est vrai mais il n'y a pas de volonté politique de le faire
et celui qui se risquerait a vouloir aura des comptes a rendre a la france embarassed embarassed

tout ca c'est parce que les africains ne sont pas unis,
il est temps de realiser qu' on a tous un ennemi en commun
si les africains francophones s'unissent pour boycotter ce merdier
je ne vois pas ce que la france pourrait bien faire
rien qu'a voir ces billets c'a m'ennerve tchrrr
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by ifyalways(f): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
Lovely thread. @OP, places to visit include :
Vridi beach. Its on port Buet. Best to visit on sunday noon, gate fee should not be more than deux mille.

Treichville: the Chinese market, the local market, Lebanese market. You'll meet lots of Nigerians and Ghanaians there.

Cap sud, prima, orca deco marcory. They are the malls. Everything is available.

Hotels: best to stay in any of the 4 stars in plateu. (hotel Ibis, pullman, novotel etc)

Night life : go to bietry, zone 4. St germaine, taxi brousse, kiss me. Etc.

Stay away from Adjame.

Taxis use counter but its best to do "arrangeme" ie tell the cabbie where you are going to then bargain on the fare. When they use counter for an obvious JJC, they'll intentionally take you round the town while the counter reads.

Food is cheap. Cinq cents would give you a meal of fish,atichekke and aluko(fried plantain) on the streets while cinq mille would give you a good meal in a restaurant.

Pharmacies are all over the streets. The police and gendamarie are on the streets, keep your passport with you always as you move as they always do stop and search.

Have fun cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
ifyalways: Lovely thread. @OP, places to visit include :
Vridi beach. Its on port Buet. Best to visit on sunday noon, gate fee should not be more than deux mille.
Treichville: the Chinese market, the local market, Lebanese market. You'll meet lots of Nigerians and Ghanaians there.
Hotels: best to stay in any of the 4 stars in plateu. (hotel Ibis, pullman' novotel etc)
Night life : go to bietry, zone 4. St germain, taxi brousse, kiss me. Etc.

Stay away from Adjame.

Taxis use counter but its best to do "arrangeme" ie tell the cabbie where you are going to then bargain on the prize. When they use counter for an obvious JJC, they'll intentionally take you round the town while the counter reads.

Food is cheap. Cinq cents would give you a meal of fish,atichekke and aluko(fried plantain) on the streets while cinq mille would give you a good meal in a restaurant.

Pharmacies are all over the streets. The police and gendamarie are on the streets, keep your passport with you always as you move as they always do stop and search.

Have fun cheesy

Nice description hun kiss, thank you!
and loool @ stay away from Adjame grin grin
Adjame and Abobo can be very dangerous indeed
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
smiley smiley smiley

Nice vid about tourism right here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DwqFWHJik
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah:

tout ca c'est parce que les africains ne sont pas unis,
il est temps de realiser qu' on a tous un ennemi en commun
si les africains francophones s'unissent pour boycotter ce merdier
je ne vois pas ce que la france pourrait bien faire
rien qu'a voir ces billets c'a m'ennerve tchrrr
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
@I would have said nice pics but sysy doe't like it so i will thunde fire our leaders and france cool cool
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: @I would have said nice pics but sysy doe't like it so i will thunde fire our leaders and france cool cool

grin grin grin dun mind me!
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
c'etait une saute d'humeur, it happens loool
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
ifyalways: Lovely thread. @OP, places to visit include :
Hotels: best to stay in any of the 4 stars in plateu. (hotel Ibis, pullman' novotel etc)
Night life : go to bietry, zone 4. St germain, taxi brousse, kiss me. Etc.

Stay away from Adjame.

Taxis use counter but its best to do "arrangeme" ie tell the cabbie where you are going to then bargain on the prize. When they use counter for an obvious JJC, they'll intentionally take you round the town while the counter reads.

Have fun cheesy
you are very cultured ..do you travel a lot? smiley smiley

also why is that Nigerian always complain about police presence?
Re: Tourism In Ivory Coast by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Sybellah: c'etait une saute d'humeur, it happens loool
lol i got you ...anyway your 5000 bill looks a little like ours

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Conflicting Police, DSS Reports On Agom Adara's Killers In Kaduna / Your Eulogising Name (ORIKI) / Whats The Eglish Meaning Of Ekule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.