Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia (5739 Views)

Why Call Yourself “salafi”? / A Story Of A Sunni Imam And Shia Ayatollah / Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by LagosShia: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
EXAMINING IBN ABDUL-WAHAB:

Sheikh Ibn Abdul-Wahab,the founder of wahhabism slaughtered the people of Ta'if (a city in present-day saudi arabia).his disciple,Ibn Saud slaughtered the people of Karbala (a holy city in Iraq).is there any difference between him and the ones presently carrying out these massacres?

you can look at these Sunni website exposing wahhabism(referred to as salafism outside saudi arabia),its founders and scholars :

http://www.correctislamicfaith.com/foundersofsalafism.htm

http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/cape_town_wahabi/wahabi_menace_capetown.htm

the words of Ibn Abdul-Wahab:

“Regarding the one that says: ‘I do not declare enmity towards the disbelievers (Musrikeen)' or who declares enmity towards them but did not perform Takfir on them, or the one who says: 'I do not have conflict with people of La Ilaha lallah even if they committed Kufr, Shirk and opposed the religion of Allah' or who says: 'I do not object to the shrines’ this is not a Muslim”! (Majmuatu’l-Tawhid, Risalat Bayyan al-Najat Wal Fikak)

Redefining the meaning of La ilaha illallah and declaring the blood and wealth to be halaal of those who do not accept the new definition (Kitaab ut-Tawhid, ch. 5, pp. 19-21 Eng.; 12-14 of the Arabic).

Ibn `Abdul Wahhaab's statement in Kitaab ut-Tawhid (Arabic version printed by Daar ul-Iftaa, pp. 48-49; the English version translated by Ismaa'il al-Faruqi, Ch. 33, pp. 72-76):

'the kuffar who know their kufr are better in guidance than the believers,'

It is reported that Ibn 'Umar narrated: The Prophet said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and our Yemen." People said, "Our Najd as well." The Prophet again said, "O Allah! Bless our Sham and Yemen." They said again, "Our Najd as well." On that the Prophet said, "There will appear earthquakes and afflictions, and from there will come out the side of the head of Satan." (Sahihul Bukhari Vol. 2, B. 17, No. 147)

Note: Ibn Abdul Wahab,the founder of Wahhabism is from Najd.

an excerpt from a Sunni site in opposition to Wahhabism:
http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/cape_town_wahabi/wahabi_menace_capetown.htm

"Undoubtedly, one of the worst abominations perpetrated by the Wahhabis under the leadership of Ibn Abd al-Wahhab was the massacre of the people of Taif. They killed everyone in sight, slaughtering child and adult, ruler and ruled, lowly and high-born. They began with a suckling child nursing at his mother’s breast and moved on to a group studying the Qur’an, slaying all of them, down to the last man. When they had wiped out the people in the houses, they went into the streets, the shops and the mosques, killing whoever happened to be there. They even killed people in prayer until they had annihilated every Muslim in Taif and until only some twenty or more people remained…

The Wahhabis cast books into the streets to be blown to and fro, including copies of the Qur’an, volumes of Bukhari, Muslim and other canonical collections of hadith, and books of fiqh, all amounting to thousands. Books remained in the streets for several days, trampled on by the Wahhabis. Not one among them made the slightest attempt to remove even one page of the Qur’an from under foot and preserve it from the ignominy and disrespect of this display. Then they destroyed the houses and made what was once a town into a barren wasteland. This happened in the Hijra Year, 1217 (Jamal Effendi
al-Sidqi al-Zahawi, Al-Fajr al-Sadiq).

Our own Shaykh Ahmad Behardien had to escape from Mecca in his pyjamas when the Wahhabis came into the city, and into Medinah, to slaughter the scholars. One of the teachers of Shaykh Muhammad Salih of the Azzawiyyah was
decapitated on Jabal-Qubais when the Wahhabis took over Mecca. Those in our community who stealthily preach the teachings of the Wahhabis have this kind of barbarism as their origins. And they have inherited on their hands the
blood of the Muslims slaughtered by these people. This is their heritage. Look at your hands, O heedless people (as my shaykh would say)! Look at the blood of the innocents on your hands next time you preach, and write to the local press. Come, look, and say you are not part of this barbarism! Come, you say we practice innovations! Come, show us that the slaughter of Muslims by Muslims is part of the Sunnah! If I were one of you, I would not want to show my face in public. I would be too ashamed. You have no shame! You come into our community under false pretences, and preach doctrines that
undermine our religious fabric. You have no integrity! The history of your madh-hab is written in blood. Come, say it is not so!

The slaughter of Muslims at the time of the Wahhabi takeover is the bloodiest chapter in the history of our religion. And what did the Wahhabis do in Mecca, the holiest place in the universe:

During the demonstration, arranged by the people of Makkah al-Mukarramah, to end the attacks directed towards their lives …two of the shells fired (by the Wahhabi forces) from the guns at Qalah al-Jiyad to the (Masjid al-Haram) landed (a few) metres from the sacred stone, the Hajr al-Aswad. The Sutrah al-Sharifah, the cover of the Ka’bah, caught fire from these shells, and the people, to extinguish (the fire), had to open the door and climb on the Ka’bah. Although the (Wahhabi) soldiers saw the fire, they kept Maqam Ibrahim and the Haram Sharif under cannon fire and martyred a number of Muslims. Thepeople could not enter the masjid, and salah could not be performed in the Holy Masjid for days (From a letter written to the Muslim world by the Amir of Mecca in 1916). This was other than the slaughter of the scholars".

the wahhabi/salafist ideology is in complete contradiction to the teachings of love,tolerance,peace,co-existence and freedom to believe in the Quran.there is no where the Quran says we should go about killings others who are not like us in belief;but in fact the opposite (i.e tolerance) is found:

(Quran 60:7-8 )
"God will perhaps bring about love between you and those of the disbelievers with whom you were enemies. God is All-powerful, All-merciful, and All-forgiving.God does not forbid you to deal kindly and justly with those who have not fought against you about the religion or expelled you from your homes. God does not love the unjust people".

(Quran 22:39)
Permission [to fight] has been given to those who have been attacked, because they were oppressed. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory".

(Quran 18:29)
"And say, "The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve...."

(QURAN 2:190)
"Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors".

(QURAN 5:32)
"Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely".

(QURAN 16:126)
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

(QURAN 8:61)
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

(QURAN 5:2)
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

(QURAN 41:34)
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with which is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

(QURAN 7:55)
" (O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors".

(QURAN 4:135)
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

(QURAN 16:90)
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

(QURAN 21:107)
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by LagosShia: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
LAZAREY: @ LagosShia thanks very much I appreciate you. I,ll send a mail on Saturday for further clarification.

you're welcome.
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by deols(f): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
You all prefer to engage each other rather than answer my questions. It is exactly what you do on the other threads, which I get bored of btw b4 I decided to create this one.

I have learnt things that I appreciate smiley

This thread will have to go or what do you all think?

Thanks to everyone.
Thank you so much for your time smiley
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by LagosShia: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
deols:

You all prefer to engage each other rather than answer my questions. It is exactly what you do on the other threads, which I get bored of btw b4 I decided to create this one.

I have learnt things that I appreciate smiley
I hope I answered all your questions.

what do you mean by "will have to go"?

Thanks to everyone.
Thank you so much for your time smiley

you're welcome.
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by fELiscatus: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
deols:

Thread stays.

Why should it 'go'?
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by LagosShia: 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:

Thread stays.

Why should it 'go'?

thank you my sister.

apparently some people may have brought the idea or reported to the mods that the thread should go.they are not happy with the revelations exposed in the thread,nor how the discussions resulted.

I do not think the thread should go.let everyone have the opportunity to examine the facts by himself/herself.there is no harm in that.hiding the thread only shows how some people are allergic to the truth.they want to censor this thread too,which is full of informations.that would be the most unfortunate thing to be done,if this thread is hidden.it also shows a lack of appreciation for the time of those who participated,and my time I spent reviewing sources,reading and bringing out the necessary details.so please for everyone's sake,this thread should stay.
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by Rafidi: 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
deols:

the thread should stay.

perhaps many don't know the importance of these discussions.i encourage everyone who viewed this thread or contributed in it to watch the below video.a Sunni caller called to ask: what is the problem/difference if consider consider Imam Ali (as) as their fourth caliph,or the Shia believe he was the first caliph/imam? as in,he meant to say that this was in the past.how does it bother or concern us today? find out the strong and powerful answer of truth given by Ayatollah Sayyid Kamal al-Haidary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnqPKWC_j-8
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by Rafidi: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
♚ƒԐLis-c∆tus:

I don't know about people reporting, but I think it would be better for those who have opposing views to post what they think. A number of people have already read this thread and hiding it will only strengthen their opinion that the Shias are correct.
Besides,it could happen that another person that has points to counter what LagosShia wrote will see this thread and give his/her own opinion/corrections about the issues he raised.

you have said it all.

I believe the likes of tbaba,BetaThing,Vedaxcool,are not the only Sunnis here.may be some other Sunni would have better knowledgeable to join the thread and challenge what have been put forth by LagosShia.

I cant believe we are now voting or appealing for a thread not to be hidden.what's wrong with us Muslims? why can't we have the courage to accept the truth? this is how Allah (jj) described us in the Quran:

Holy Quran 3:110
"You are the best of the nations raised up for (the benefit of) men; you enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong and believe in Allah;..."

is hiding this thread in accord with the above verse? is that enjoining good? where is the courage to enjoin good and forbid evil by concealing information?
Re: Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia by deols(f): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Actually, the thread hasnt been able 2 achieve its aim.

I didnt want the kind of to and fro that characterises the other threads. But that is exactly what this has turned to. I am sure there are other ways to send specific questions to people I want answers from.

Thank you all for your time. I will read the rest of the thread at my leisure in sha Allah.

I follow the Qur'an and the sunnah and will in shaa Allah not deter from that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4)

The Patience Of Ummu Sulaym (rodiyallaahu Anhaa) / What's Islam's Stance With Juju/voodoo / Happy Islamic New Year 1445

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.