Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? (2705 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by TrueSeeker(m): 2:19am On Feb 28, 2010
I have always adore the teaching and believe of JW from my youth, its always rooted in the Bible. Honestly their teaching influenced me to dump Islam for Christianity (I was born a muslim).

Pa Awo in his days called them the Bible lawyer, they always have an answer for any bible question.

When carefully compare their teaching with Catholic, protestant and Pentecostal one will note that their teaching are more Biblical than most of Christian sects.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by Nimshi: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2010
The organisation controlling Jehovah's Witnesses is one of the worst offenders regarding child abuse/ra.pe in organised 'Christian' religion.

They're liars and revisionists: none of their prophecies have ever been found true.

They're quite justifiably described as a 'cult'.

What you see when they visit you at the door isn't what you get.

And, of course, like all nutjob religionists, they believe all other Christians are not real Christians.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by TrueSeeker(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2010
Nimshi:

The organisation controlling Jehovah's Witnesses is one of the worst offenders regarding child abuse/ra.pe in organised 'Christian' religion.

They're liars and revisionists: none of their prophecies have ever been found true.

They're quite justifiably described as a 'cult'.

What you see when they visit you at the door isn't what you get.

And, of course, like all nutjob religionists, they believe all other Christians are not real Christians.

Are you sure of what you are saying?
Remember a liar will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Do you have evidence that the organization are rapist? child abuser?
That they are cult?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by Nimshi: 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2010
TrueSeeker:

Are you sure of what you are saying?
Remember a liar will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Do you have evidence that the organization are rapist? child abuser?
That they are cult?

Do you really seek what is true?

Do you really seek the truth?

My motivation for speaking the truth isn't a heavenly reward; I'll do it for nothing.

Neither is it the threat of eternal annihilation or punishment in a fiery hell.

It is my responsibility as a member of our species to do that.

And, yes, of course, the documentation that the Jehovah's Witness organsisation does habour, protect - by way of policies - and have paid off cases to protect their abusers elders and member is irrefutable. Much of them is vailable from open sources. And you needn't even go back 5 years.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by TrueSeeker(m): 4:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
Then say the truth. If you know it.
What I know is that, there are no any of JW teaching that condone any of your above mentioned accusations. Most importantly JW are known for their adherent to Apostle Paul recommendation of excommunication for their erring members, they call it disfellowship. How can you now say that their organization support such? When they adhere to Bible high standard on morality.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by Nimshi: 4:21pm On Feb 28, 2010
How do you know they adhere to a "high standard on morality"; is that from the personal experience of being a JW yourself, or by observation of JWs from a distance, or based on what you've been told by JWs?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by TrueSeeker(m): 1:12am On Mar 02, 2010
I have school mates, work mates, neighbors and family members that are JWs. I have attended their meetings and conventions, and read a lot of their literature. So, I know what am saying. You tell me if you are talking from personal experience.Your claim are totally strange from my experience with them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by Nimshi: 11:04am On Mar 02, 2010
Aaah.

Here's the thing: the personal experience you have is the "demo" version.

You actually have no 'personal experience' with JWs.

You were quite definitely 'love-bombed' during their meetings.

And you were impressed by how much everyone appeared to love one another, ko?

And you liked how all the bored little kids and adults stayed together in the same hall and followed what was going on, eh?

You ain't seen nothing yet.

First off: there's no better place for an active pedophile to operate than the JW congregations. That's just one.

I've seen you've written something favourable about disfellowshipping; sad. Just shows how little you know of this draconian, devilish, unChristian policy.

And, have you heard there referring to the "wild beast"? You're getting used to their jargons, eh?

Watch your step, my friend; be sure before you dive into what you know quite little about.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Who Are They? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hmm. What i see to this is that.

They dont talk or fellowship about Jesus. I dont think they even beleive in Jesus. But they know there is God. All they are concerned is the things happening in this world(like bomb blast, and the likes).

And it is Jesus said in the Bible that , No One can come to the Father except through me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redeemed Church Faithful Pay To Use Toilets, Bathrooms / Who Are The Devil's Prime Target? Kids, Youths Or Adults? / Some Questions For Noetic16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.