Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587235 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
2-chains:
I just got called for my medical guys!!!!! I'm so shocked!!! I submitted my application online on April 26th I'm soooo happy.
Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
2-chains:
I just got called for my medical guys!!!!! I'm so shocked!!! I submitted my application online on April 26th I'm soooo happy.

Am so happy for u, 2chains can u post the supporting documents u attached prior to the submission of ur trv form online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
I a happy for you. I submitted on May 2nd online platform. Hopefully I should be on the lookout for medical call soon in Jesus name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
2-chains:

Congrats. How did they contact you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by cherished(f): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hello house, pls i need more info, i will be submiting my application for a work permit in 2weeks, would love to know if they take laminated cerificates and. Also if i can submit my declaration of age as i dnt have a birth certificate. Pls i need urgent response as i am so worried abt it. Many thanks house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
2-chains:
Congratulations bro. The lord will perfect ur ways and perfect mine too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
galala123:

Congrats. How did they contact you?

Via email. CDHC sent me a mail and my CiC account as well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
nicemax:

Am so happy for u, 2chains can u post the supporting documents u attached prior to the submission of ur trv form online

Financial documents; affidavit of support from my sponsor (dad), letter of sponsorship. Tax clearance, bank statements, company incorp doc. Company tax clearance.
My data page of my passport.
Letter of explanation

Woah! I really can't remember d rest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
Thanx guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
@2chains congrat bro so hapi 4 u
@all pls wats the usefulness of a canada immigration lawyer? Though he's a nigerian ...i have paid my tuition and ready for d visa app..my uncle who lives in canada linked me up with an immigration lawyer and jst wondering if i should go with it as i am fully loaded with tones of info on this thread(part 3 - 4) to file and submit my app mysef...plz house should i go my uncles sugestion or do it mysef? Cuz i knw say dis cdhc dy give person hypertension..
@siga,fhemmy nd all plz wat do u sugest?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
ChriGo:
@all pls wats the usefulness of a canada immigration lawyer? Though he's a nigerian ...i have paid my tuition and ready for d visa app..my uncle who lives in canada linked me up with an immigration lawyer and jst wondering if i should go with it as i am fully loaded with tones of info on this thread(part 3 - 4) to file and submit my app mysef...plz house should i go my uncles sugestion or do it mysef? Cuz i knw say dis cdhc dy give person hypertension..

With the information on this thread, you are good to go, however, you could ask your friend what he sees that made him wanna make u use an immigration lawyer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
2-chains:
smiley go for d medics. sharp!!! congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
Almost safe to say the new processing time is 7 weeks after you submit.. ALMOST.. Congrats 2chains
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
@fhemmy tanx 4 d reply buh was jst thinking if using an immigration lawyer would av any effect on the visa app buh frm part 3 - 4 i read i didnt see anytin like preference 2 a visa app as d sole decision lies in d hands of d VO..d prob i av nw is my sponsors(parents)..dy av a mentality dat visa app shuld b done by an agent/lawyer nd i would b paying a whooping sum of 180k for profesional fee..tried convincing my parent dat i cn do dis masef but even if dy agree nd am denied visa, den am in 4 real rumble wit dem..u knw wat i mean
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hello house!

Is it necessary i get sponsor's statement of account at the bank the same day i wanna submit my doc at the embassy or can i get it from the bank a week before submission at the embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
ChriGo: @fhemmy tanx 4 d reply buh was jst thinking if using an immigration lawyer would av any effect on the visa app buh frm part 3 - 4 i read i didnt see anytin like preference 2 a visa app as d sole decision lies in d hands of d VO..d prob i av nw is my sponsors(parents)..dy av a mentality dat visa app shuld b done by an agent/lawyer nd i would b paying a whooping sum of 180k for profesional fee..tried convincing my parent dat i cn do dis masef but even if dy agree nd am denied visa, den am in 4 real rumble wit dem..u knw wat i mean

Yes, you can do it yourself and when you are stuck, NL thread is here to help you out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
I have been asked to submit receipt of one year tuition fee and board latest July 11. Submitted application online 9th of May.
I didn't get instruction for medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
jenkord: I have been asked to submit receipt of one year tuition fee and board latest July 11. Submitted application online 9th of May.

Submit what has been requested of you as soon as possible . . . You are on track
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
2-chains:

Financial documents; affidavit of support from my sponsor (dad), letter of sponsorship. Tax clearance, bank statements, company incorp doc. Company tax clearance.
My data page of my passport.
Letter of explanation

Woah! I really can't remember d rest

Is letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship not the same thing?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
nicemax:

Affidavit is from a court. Like an oat from your sponsor saying he would sponsor you stamped and signed by the court.
Letter is a plain note from your sponsor stating he would sponsor you. It's backed up by an affidavit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
@house. Please how much is the medical test at Abuja clinics. I need to tell my people how much so I can do it tomorrow or next and I was asked to submit my documents 3weeks after my medical, is that normal for online applicants?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by yungsage100: 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
cheesy Congratz to 2-chainzzz(in 2-chains'voice)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
nicemax:

You can use a notarized affidavit of support without a letter of sponsorship but you can't use a letter of sponsorship without a notarized affidavit of support...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
ChriGo: @2chains congrat bro so hapi 4 u
....Bros...no waste ur money I beg...u are applying for Study permit...why u wan use lawyer....u wan make CDHC think say u have something to hide...and besides...u wanna use a lawyer wey dey Canada....evidence of u staying put after studies....Tell ur Uncle thank u but no thanks...U are good to go urself and NL dey for u...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Good News O jare.... One of the guest on this forum who has been in constant touch with me just chop her VISA

SUBMITTED : JAN 21
MEDICALS : APR 17
CHOP VISA: JUN 12 (DEMOCRACY DAY)

Na so we see am....Baba God na ni...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
movein: Hello house!

Is it necessary i get sponsor's statement of account at the bank the same day i wanna submit my doc at the embassy or can i get it from the bank a week before submission at the embassy?
??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
movein: ??
...thats fine....I gat people who got it 2 to 3 weeks before submission...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
@oga siga u get mouth grin noted ur point nd will work on it..@oga fhemmy tanx alot..wit u guys around i knw am gud 2 go..tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Siga: ...thats fine....I gat people who got it 2 to 3 weeks before submission...
Thanks @oga siga!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
I Just got the Medical Examination Instructions.
jenkord: I have been asked to submit receipt of one year tuition fee and board latest July 11. Submitted application online 9th of May.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Onye oma:

You can use a notarized affidavit of support without a letter of sponsorship but you can't use a letter of sponsorship without a notarized affidavit of support...

@ all

Apart from affidavit of support, is there any other supporting documents that one needs to notarized?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by grock1(m): 10:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
pls kindly advice..
i recieved instruction to pay the full tuition and board. but the problem now is that i really dont have money for board cos it was not budgeted with my plans yet.
my concerns are that i will like to stay off campus and also see the place i will stay b4 i pay.

i also have some pple that can accomodate me for a while (untill when i get my own accomodation)in canada, its just that their house is like one and half hour to the skool is this kind of distance acceptable for application? if so, what do i need to present to the embassy to convince them of this?

i contacted the skool to xplain that i cant pay for accomodation until i see the place . so they attached a letter to present to the embassy.

Homestay Confirmation
For International Students
(This confirmation is finalized when proof of visa approval is received.)
June 12, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to confirm that Mr. ************, will be residing with a host family during his studies in Environmental Mgmt/Assessment at Niagara College.
The host family will be:

Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

The cost of living with a host family is $650 Canadian per month. First and last month’s fee are due upon the students’ arrival, a total of $1300 Canadian. The student will need to continue paying on the first of each month for the time that he continues to live with a host family in the region of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus.
Your Homestay fee includes a private bedroom with a bed, desk, chair, dresser and closet for your clothes. It also includes your meals and internet access for your computer.
Please note that homestay families may be changed without notice to the student if deemed necessary by the International Housing Coordinator. Although the family may change, the fees remain constant. If you have any questions, please contact me at any time.
Sincerely,

International Housing Coordinator

pls is this letter acceptable in the embassy? pls i need advise. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.