Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587365 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
parisbluefox: Bro please i need to know more about this Maple agency. Are they reliable? please share your contact info so we can talk more please.

In my opinion Maple is QUITE reliable but will make your pocket feel their presence in your life.

This forum is free, fun(minus the occasional insults) & you get hands-on experience on handling these sort of issues... which you would find invaluable for the rest of your "Journey"... You just gotta read through the thread.
All the best mate! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
tolulopepeter: Please house, I submitted my application on the 5th of April at VAC but I haven't heard anything...please, what do u advise or think? This is the 10th week.
NB : I didn't add letter of intent becos it was not in the checklist.
NB : Please, don't console me..just sincere with me...

I will appreciate your responses.

Fear not for the non-inclusion of Letter of Intent. I did not submit a letter of intent to the Deputy High Commission, and I got my study permit. Be of good cheer and unwavering faith! Victory is at hand!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
dommakavelli:

As par d Gap...dnt write no. Write yes n explain what you've bin doing. ( 2009-2013)

Thank you bro... But I am only learning computer.. What about my earlier refuse do I need to say yes or I should just leave it since it's only says study not business ?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
sampitts: oga 2-chains i dey o. I jst dey try put tins 2geda. Whats up?

Did you send any passport photographs to them?
How much was your medical?
How did you send your documents to the embassy? Did you go in person or to VFS or direct mail to the embassy itself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
2-chains:

Did you send any passport photographs to them?
How much was your medical?
How did you send your documents to the embassy? Did you go in person or to VFS or direct mail to the embassy itself?
i didnt send passport foto, apart from the one i uploaded online. Medicals was 30k in prime medicals, PH. I went in person.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
@all, I didnt submit Affidavit of support, I only used letter of sponsorship from my sponsors.... I submitted based on the checklist.. hope no ishhhh_
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
[size=15pt]I am gonna say this one more time....person wey get ear make hin listen....please stop applying to all these private colleges....most of them are not qualified for offcampus work permits....and are not recognised that much...please for your own good and for the sake of your families wey spend money on you...and most importantly...for your PR....stick to public schools....please please and please....[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Siga: I am gonna say this one more time....person wey get ear make hin listen....please stop applying to all these private colleges....most of them are not qualified for offcampus work permits....and are not recognised that much...please for your own good and for the sake of your families wey spend money on you...and most importantly...for your PR....stick to public schools....please please and please....

bros..shebi Algonquin na public?just try a be sure.. think I saw somewhr it is.. but d name wan sound private.. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
kenniy:

bros..shebi Algonquin na public?just try a be sure.. think I saw somewhr it is.. but d name wan sound private.. smiley
..na public bro....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
earthgreeners: @all, I didnt submit Affidavit of support, I only used letter of sponsorship from my sponsors.... I submitted based on the checklist.. hope no ishhhh_

Bros y na?
Abeg, try get am n submit....you can add more docx after submission...pls, dnt ignore it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
@oga Siga,
Pls I sent u mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
@all
I need your advice on this:
Cdhc called me for medicals with an instruction to pay tuition and board.But my school refused to accept either payments;instead they gave me a letter to submit to the embassy that they do not accept payments of any form from int'l students until study permit is obtained.
Pls what advice can u give me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
bullstriker: @all
I need your advice on this:
Cdhc called me for medicals with an instruction to pay tuition and board.But my school refused to accept either payments;instead they gave me a letter to submit to the embassy that they do not accept payments of any form from int'l students until study permit is obtained.
Pls what advice can u give me.

I don't know if you told them that ur application has been approved and this is a condition to be met before a study permit can be issued (scan the letter from CDHC to them so they'll see that you're paying in line with the instruction you were given by CDHC)...if yes,you don't have any other option than to submit the letter they give you whilst hoping for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 10:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
@onyeome
I did scanned the letter to them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
@SIGA: Please bros tell me about Academy Career college, Newfoundland, based on what you posted earlier about private colleges. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 11:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
Instructions to make payments are not sent through email.you will know when you go to collect your I.D from VAC.
hayek: Just this morning I got medical call from CDHC.I submitted online on May 2nd. No payment for tuition nor payment for boarding. I think they must have seen that I am capable to pay based on the account I submitted with $32,400. I am self-sponsored. I have been to Canada for 6 times since 2005 but last year I applied but was turned down cos of no sufficient despite having a valid visa running then. I then traveled to Canada last year for my holiday and used the opportunity to apply inside Canada for student permit but was refused and said I would need to apply outside Canada and that I am not the applicant referred to in the law. I did medical last year in Canada and mentioned it that I did in my application. I didnt hold any information back. What I would suggest at this forum is to be honest as possible with your application and documentation you are using to support the application. Any mis-information is a red flag to turn down an application. Again make your application simple and convincing.

There are many folks in this forum who are skillful in offering advice and for those who are about to apply take the pain to read previous posts. Dont be lazy. Despite the fact that I have a good travel history I gained a lot from this forum. Nobody has monopoly of knowledge. There is no one plus one equal two on this forum. Take pain to read posts and take decisions based on your own case. Each case are not the same even though you are applying for the same visa category.

Good luck to those who are expecting their own medicals. All the best to those who have secured their TRV.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
I stumbled into this website when I was surfing the net, I think it might be useful to some. They are the list of Canadian universities and their tuition fees.

The link http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/facts-and-stats/tuition-fees-by-university/

Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teapea8484(m): 1:19am On Jun 14, 2013
House pleas how can I get Affidavit of support and what is it going to take to get it done ?

Pleas I need your urgent reply... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:24am On Jun 14, 2013
bullstriker: @oga Siga,
Pls I sent u mail
...replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by freshdude: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2013
earthgreeners: @all, I didnt submit Affidavit of support, I only used letter of sponsorship from my sponsors.... I submitted based on the checklist.. hope no ishhhh_
I didn't submit that either. No qualms. Them get so many tins wey ppl dey talk for here wey I no submit self. I just kept ma app simple according to the checklist. No affida, no statement of intent. Didn't see those ish on the checklist, ma file was already bulky. Aint tryna make it too voluminous.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolulopepeter: 8:28am On Jun 14, 2013
freshdude:
I didn't submit that either. No qualms. Them get so many tins wey ppl dey talk for here wey I no submit self. I just kept ma app simple according to the checklist. No affida, no statement of intent. Didn't see those ish on the checklist, ma file was already bulky. Aint tryna make it too voluminous.

how long did your application take?

by God's grace, today is my day..Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2013
newacca:
All those who need letter of intent,please try and check Part2 or 3 of this thread. I think @earthgreener [/b]uploaded one sometimes last year.
Honestly,I don't have a soft copy of the letter. More so,writing one ain't a biggie. Please guys,let us learn to do some things by ourselves. Letter of intent could best the fashioned out by yourself,since it is all about you. Let me give you guideline:
1)Introduce yourself: Little into about urself;your name,[b]age
shocked and profession
2)Your academic qualification: Academic qualification+ any professional accolade
3)Objectives: what you will benefit in studying in Canada
4)Reason: why you want to study in Canada and why you chose the intended institution
5)Financial capability: mention how you will fund your studies and [s](sponsored or self sponsored) and how the fund will be available to you[/s] here is the opportunity you have to stress the need for them to fund you. The truth is if you are good enough to go to graduate school, then someone somewhere should pay even if it is not full. [s]Emphasize on the capability of ur sponsor n his willingness. If you are self-sponsor,emphasize on ur capability,how u get d money n how it will continue coming even when u r outta 9ja[/s] I agree with you stating your funds however, you should also let them know you need funding although you could try to raise the funds.
6)Family tie: Let 'em knw why you will come back home. abt dat ur loved family,about dat ur wifey or fiance/e as d case may be. tell 'em abt dat ur properties,about d job prospect of ur intended course,about d future of ur biz if u r self-employed. this doesn't apply to the school I suppose. I guess this is the embassy format.
Shikenah! Make sure u make it easily readable and straight 4ward as much as possible. 1page of A4 shld be enough.
I wish you all the best.
ciao

What I said are based on my own opinion oooooo however, the original one is very good for the embassy while my additions are for the SOP to the school you are applying to.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2013
Okay guys I have got a question please.

As everyone knows, I used the online method. So now they requested for the following after my medicals:

Original Company documents. (I'm use a company account owned by my dad and I'm a director in the company although he is the sole signatory)
Bank statement.
Original School documents. (I assume it's my transcripts, admission letter, certificate, waec results, TOEFL result)
One year tuition fees.
Passport.
My question is as regards the transcript. I have an original copy of the transcript but it has been water-marked with the name of one of the schools I tried applying to. (On every page of the transcript there is the watermark) . Is it safe to submit it like that or do I have to collect another from my school because it takes almost a month to get another one and I don't have that time.

Please all input and contributions would be duly honoured.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2013
2-chains:

As everyone knows, I used the online method. So now they requested for the following after my medicals:

Original Company documents. (I'm use a company account owned by my dad and I'm a director in the company although he is the sole signatory)
Bank statement.
Original School documents. (I assume it's my transcripts, admission letter, certificate, waec results, TOEFL result)
One year tuition fees.
Passport.
My question is as regards the transcript. I have an original copy of the transcript but it has been water-marked with the name of one of the schools I tried applying to. (On every page of the transcript there is the watermark) . Is it safe to submit it like that or do I have to collect another from my school because it takes almost a month to get another one and I don't have that time.

I feel you're gud to go if you submit the transcript bro...what matters most is the information contained in it and not the watermarks.

Nna mehn,dis online route na long tin in disguise ooo,so you go still submit all these tins
No road leading to Rome is easy ooo...

I go jeje rally round submit all my documents once and 4 all...

All the best bro...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 11:49am On Jun 14, 2013
Congrats @2-Chains. I tap into that speed. Hoping to hear from them soon. Which school is that watermarking your transcripts? and how are you to send it to them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:59am On Jun 14, 2013
freshdude:

I was already running late, cldnt even risk 1hr at the high court. I arrvd VAC around 1pm (June 11) and I felt CDHC cant make decision based on affidavit...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
2-chains:

Bank statement.
One year tuition fees.
Passport.

This sounds like double work to me, coz if you had submitted these docs physically initially, you may only need to pay for tuition and board afterwards if called for medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Anyone submitted in June for Fall..
Wanna hook up with the latecomers....

Anyone heading to University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg or Brandon University?..Fall 2013....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
galala123:

This sounds like double work to me, coz if you had submitted these docs physically initially, you may only need to pay for tuition and board afterwards if called for medicals.

it is not double work cos the applicant is expected to hold original of these documents... Just present it for them to see....I dnt think they wanna verify anytin at dis stage.

The only problem here might be the Bank Statement....''Transaction''....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
2-chains:

Bank statement.
One year tuition fees.
Passport.

...Nna 2-chains....I believe u attached same water-marked transcript while applying online....if thats the case...send it in and while u do that...quick go your school, give secretary some money or the messenger...na dem go help u get ur transcript fast...dont even go the traditional way of applying for it...I bet u , if u locate the right guys, u go get am within a week ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
earthgreeners:

it is not double work cos the applicant is expected to hold original of these documents... Just present it for them to see....I dnt think they wanna verify anytin at dis stage.

The only problem here might be the Bank Statement....''Transaction''....

I don't think the bank statement is a problem. You scanned a copy of your bank statement when you initially applied, i believe what they want to see is that copy of your bank statement which you had earlier scanned in support of your application currently in your possession.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Siga: ...Nna 2-chains....I believe u attached same water-marked transcript while applying online....if thats the case...send it in and while u do that...quick go your school, give secretary some money or the messenger...na dem go help u get ur transcript fast...dont even go the traditional way of applying for it...I bet u , if u locate the right guys, u go get am within a week ....

Yeh only problem is that, I'm in Abuja and my school is in Lagos. So we are talking 27k flight money
Yerp that's the transcript I uploaded. The watermark says "Valid only for blah blah university"

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.