Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,684 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587925 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

Do you truly think all those things strengthen applications or only makes the process longer? I think the best thing is providing the documents requested and having a good letter of interest addressing other things that you know can strengthen your application. This is why I will support the online application over and over any other type of application.

I know the online is good but I had a problem with it. I wanted to upload my acceptance letter (2 pages) and when I uploaded the first page, it didn't let me upload the second, saying it would replace the first uploaded document. I also tried putting in a file and uploading but instead the file would open and I would be asked to pick one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
Pls hw much is tuition in lake head -MA Economics
onuawuchi: Evaluate my profile and see if okay for visa application submission. I was given admission to the MA program in Economics at lakehead University. My sponsor is my eldest half sister. The list below are some of the supporting documents I've provided to back up my application.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS:
1. NYSC Discharge Certificate
2. BSC Certificate and Transcript(Economics Single honours)
3. National Diploma Certificate (Banking in Finance)
4. SSCE

WORKING EXPERIENCE DOCUMENTS
1. Employment Letter (A job as a bank teller 3.5 years)
2. A Reference Letter from my Boss on the job above
3. A Letter from Employer ( This is coming from my current job as a manager in a small soap manufacturing firm)
4. A Reference letter from a director in a state ministry of economics planning attesting to the program boosting my chance of been employed as a professional economist with the ministry.

FAMILY INFORMATION DOCUMENTS
1. Birth certificates of family member
2. Int'l passport of family members
3. Photos of me and my mother since my one year birth day
* I'm the only child of my mother, but I have half sibling who love me like their own.One of them is my sponsor

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS
* Will be provided by my half sister. And I'm sure it wont be much of a problem for her.

MISCELLANEOUS DOCUMENTS
1. An SOP that puts all these and much more in perspective.
2. A resume
3. An attached letter requesting for use of int'l passport (My passport will expire by January 2014, while my program ends by September 2015)
4. Certificates of stores owned by my parents.

MY ADMISSION LETTER.... I almost forgot that one.

SO people, with all these do you think I'm ready to jump the hurdle?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
C learner lol..scan ur ur doc and insert each on miscrosoft word..that's all
2-chains:

I know the online is good but I had a problem with it. I wanted to upload my acceptance letter (2 pages) and when I uploaded the first page, it didn't let me upload the second, saying it would replace the first uploaded document. I also tried putting in a file and uploading but instead the file would open and I would be asked to pick one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ezme(m): 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
2-chains:

Scan each individual page as jpeg, convert them individually to pdf. Then comebine both pdf to one document. You can do this using adobe pro 9. you can get a CD #150/#200 anywhere they sell pirated computer software. You can DL a cracked version too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ezme(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
teexzle: C learner lol..scan ur ur doc and insert each on miscrosoft word..that's all

Why call him a learner? My friend if we knew all we do in a day, no one would be asking questions here.This thread would not even exist. Just so you know, it is best to send scanned documents even resume as PDF files so they cannot be easily manipulated at the database where they would be stored.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
onuawuchi: Infact this is why I listed. For constructive criticism. So what are the things I listed there, you think will rather add more time to my decision window than strengthen my application. I'm all ears.

You don't need to add the items you have under the family stuff as all you need is just to fill the form and also, your first employment letter isn't needed either
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
ferdimako:
What is the link to online application? I've been looking for that weblink.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
2-chains:

You are to combine the documents and then upload.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ezme(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
@GboyegaD keep up the good work. I noticed how you take out time to give precise response to people's questions when they throw any to the house. #nicejob

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nuendo: Hello All,
I want to know if i could use my statement of result ( Original ) if i haven't collected the original certificate from my tertiary institution for the visa application process.

Awaiting any form of response.
regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
teexzle: C learner lol..scan ur ur doc and insert each on miscrosoft word..that's all

Ohhh I don forget!! Chai! See as I fail my hand for World Wide Web. Thanks Abeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hello All,
I want to know if i could use my statement of result ( Original ) if i haven't collected the original certificate from my tertiary institution for the visa application process.

Awaiting any form of response.
regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hello,
Well, I have gone through the 3rd thread and this thread. All I have to say is welldone guys. Really encouraging, and na real one family. My mission is tourist visa, but after reading the thread, if no be say I don marry and my pikin small my intrest fit change to study permit o. But still all in all I enjoyed reading the thread. Since I'm not interested in study permit, it seems odd asking questions here about tourist visa application issues and there is no thread for that. My greetings to all the gurus in the house, its wonderful to know people like you still exist, giving others a helping hand, I throway salute for una, expecially oga abi na still prof SIGA. I have your email, and I will mail you soonest, jst incase you can advice on this tourism application I have in mind. My success wishes to you all awaiting TRV, medicals and admission letters. All the best! Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
@imadebaby......I site u oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
ezme: @GboyegaD keep up the good work. I noticed how you take out time to give precise response to people's questions when they throw any to the house. #nicejob

Thanks for the compliments. I am only trying to help the way I can.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
[ quote author=Siga]@imadebaby......I site u oooo[/quote]@

@my oga at the top! I dey hail oooo!!! I just dey stroll in and out. Plans. Don change but una go soon hear from me soonest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

You don't need to add the items you have under the family stuff as all you need is just to fill the form and also, your first employment letter isn't needed either
So what makes you think my first employment letter is not needed? I'll like to know sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
onuawuchi: So what makes you think my first employment letter is not needed? I'll like to know sir

Since you are no longer with the company it isn't necessary. You could mention it in your letter of interest as your work experience and state how it has contributed to why you are taking this program. Remember, its only an opinion though so you necessarily need not take it if it isn't comfortable with you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

Since you are no longer with the company it isn't necessary. You could mention it in your letter of interest as your work experience and state how it has contributed to why you are taking this program. Remember, its only an opinion though so you necessarily need not take it if it isn't comfortable with you.
....u have a point but it is very important to back watever u say up wit a proof...it adds to ur credibility....if u mention working anywhere and ur intent is to prove to the VO ur related work experience...excluding such letter can mean false info...so...bros...add it

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
Siga: ....u have a point but it is very important to back watever u say up wit a proof...it adds to ur credibility....if u mention working anywhere and ur intent is to prove to the VO ur related work experience...excluding such letter can mean false info...so...bros...add it

What makes it false? Why don't we add our past employment letters with our resume? Don't you think if there is a need for it, they sure would ask Adding the letter or otherwise doesn't buy the trust we expect and I think it kills it more quickly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

What makes it false? Why don't we add our past employment letters with our resume? Don't you think if there is a need for it, they sure would ask Adding the letter or otherwise doesn't buy the trust we expect and I think it kills it more quickly.
on a lighter note, we may have to add our matriculation and graduation gown in the same vein lol cheesy

Unless when's demanded.Like on my Aussie applications, schools want me to include evidence of my workplace and experience...I will get them my first appointment letter and a prepared one-page of my job description and responsibilities signed by my boss. I've worked with one company ever since.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

on a lighter note, we may have to add our matriculation and graduation gown in the same vein lol cheesy
....Well...My bro...lets be respectful aight....we dont need all these i beg...I respectfully added my own input and u come like this....Plz, my oga...small small...ok...tx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2013
onuawuchi: Evaluate my profile and see if okay for visa application submission. I was given admission to the MA program in Economics at lakehead University. My sponsor is my eldest half sister. The list below are some of the supporting documents I've provided to back up my application.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS:
1. NYSC Discharge Certificate
2. BSC Certificate and Transcript(Economics Single honours)
3. National Diploma Certificate (Banking in Finance)
4. SSCE

WORKING EXPERIENCE DOCUMENTS
1. Employment Letter (A job as a bank teller 3.5 years)
2. A Reference Letter from my Boss on the job above
3. A Letter from Employer ( This is coming from my current job as a manager in a small soap manufacturing firm)
4. A Reference letter from a director in a state ministry of economics planning attesting to the program boosting my chance of been employed as a professional economist with the ministry.

FAMILY INFORMATION DOCUMENTS
1. Birth certificates of family member
2. Int'l passport of family members
3. Photos of me and my mother since my one year birth day
* I'm the only child of my mother, but I have half sibling who love me like their own.One of them is my sponsor

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS
* Will be provided by my half sister. And I'm sure it wont be much of a problem for her.

MISCELLANEOUS DOCUMENTS
1. An SOP that puts all these and much more in perspective.
2. A resume
3. An attached letter requesting for use of int'l passport (My passport will expire by January 2014, while my program ends by September 2015)
4. Certificates of stores owned by my parents.

MY ADMISSION LETTER.... I almost forgot that one.

SO people, with all these do you think I'm ready to jump the hurdle?

Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of sponsorship
Birth cert of you sponsor to proof relationship
Letter of study leave from your present employer stating they would admit you after you studies.
In your SOP, Make it look like you wanna come bak to work for that company but your greatest ambition is to work wit d ministry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

No one asked for birth certificate now. Why do we want to give them unnecessary work?

They requested for it " birth cert for family members whether or not they are requesting a visa." It's on d checklist.
But if you have a good travel history, you may neglect.. it's just for home ties tingy

Remember i said it yesterday that, the checklist on CIC.gc.ca... is different from naija CDHC
website..that canadainternational.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
[quote author=Nuendo][/quote]

Yes you can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
Siga: ....Well...My bro...lets be respectful aight....we dont need all these i beg...I respectfully added my own input and u come like this....Plz, my oga...small small...ok...tx

I am sorry if it seems disrespectful to you. I was just trying to catch fun while buttressing my point and never intended to be offensive. Please forgive and let go. I would modify the last sentence right away.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

I am sorry if it seems disrespectful to you. I was just trying to catch fun while buttressing my point and never intended to be offensive. Please forgive and let go. I would modify the last sentence right away.
....Thts good enough for me...but I will tell u from my experience....when I did mine....sorry for going back in time again....na interview we dey go...and during my interview...every single questions asked about my work, school or certification....I presented documents to back up my claims....which in turns makes the interview stop further questions...Also...when I did my PR...every single stuff I mentioned had to be backed up with documentation.....but like u said earlier...its a choice...to me...work experience is something u wanna use to show progression as to how u fell in love with the field u are heading into now....I did Electronics Telecomms in School....served as System Admin at a Cybercafe...then got a job with P & G as an Electrical Engr....then got a scholarship to come to Canada for IT....so, when I went for my interview...I told the VO that I fell in love with IT during my service year...and I produced a letter to back it up....even though I didnt put P & G for my application...na my cousin company I used as my current job...claiming to be the warehouse manager and that my cousin wants to going into Cybercafe biz...so, since I had prior experience in it...I went for IT...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
Siga: ....Thts good enough for me...but I will tell u from my experience....when I did mine....sorry for going back in time again....na interview we dey go...and during my interview...every single questions asked about my work, school or certification....I presented documents to back up my claims....which in turns makes the interview stop further questions...Also...when I did my PR...every single stuff I mentioned had to be backed up with documentation.....but like u said earlier...its a choice...

Ok. I don't know what the paper application checklist is however a friend of mine going to Quebec and applying online wasn't asked all this in his application and he just applied last week. If your checklist requires it, please add it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

Ok. I don't know what the paper application checklist is however a friend of mine going to Quebec and applying online wasn't asked all this in his application and he just applied last week. If your checklist requires it, please add it.
...I know wat u talkin about....believe me...Im so against over-documentation....but, some documents are just nice to include to support ur application....u will see they themselves...the CDHC will tell u and any other documents to support ur application....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
Siga: ...I know wat u talkin about....believe me...Im so against over-documentation....but, some documents are just nice to include to support ur application....u will see they themselves...the CDHC will tell u and any other documents to support ur application....

they no just trust us ni...All they asked in the other checklist form are

all the CDHC forms
proof of funds
Acceptance letter
international passports
Visa fee
and 2 passport photographs...shikena

and any other docx required by the VO after submission...
I think this checklist is for the advanced countries like USA grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
dommakavelli:

they no just trust us ni...All they asked in the other checklist form are

all the CDHC forms
proof of funds
Acceptance letter
international passports
Visa fee
and 2 passport photographs...shikena

and any other docx required by the VO after submission...
I think this checklist is for the advanced countries like USA grin grin grin
....lol...Nigeria is advanced too...I beg...I love my country o jare.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.