Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587317 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 11:14am On May 12, 2013
bullstriker: If you don't have the application fee,then forget about about studying in canada.
Wow! That's cold...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:25am On May 12, 2013
xtus: To all the oga @ the top....... Abeg this question came up on our small travel to canada BBM Group.

Which of the birth certificate is best to submit to CDHC, is it the one issue by the hospital where u were given birth or the one obtain from NPC?

All suggestions and inputs are welcomed. Thanks

I'm just noticing this now, if you have created BBM group for some reasons known to you then deal with any question you have regarding Canadian visa issues within your group, don't bring it here.

Your idea of creating a BBM group for Canadian visa issues will kill the sharing spirit that exist here.

Keeping things open here helps everybody, not everybody has Blackberry and whatever info you are sharing in your BBM will not be available with simple Google search.

Taking the discussion to BBM group means that you are not getting any help here, so there is no point coming back here to ask people to help you again

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2013
justwise:

I'm just noticing this now, if you have created BBM group for some reasons known to you then deal with any question you have regarding Canadian visa issues within your group, don't bring it here.

Your idea of creating a BBM group for Canadian visa issues will kill the sharing spirit that exist here.

Keeping things open here keeps everybody, not everybody has Blackberry and whatever info you are sharing in your BBM will not be available with simple Google search.

Taking the discussion to BBM group means that you are not getting any help here, so there is no point coming back here to ask people to help you again

@ oga justwise...... My goal for creating a bbm group is simple, not to bring disunity within members of this great forum and myself but to unite all of us even more. I notice everybody keep asking each other for bb pin, ur phone number, ur email ad and so on. And I said, instead of talking with just one person all the time on bb, ask him personal question about our app, why not create a group where we can all meet "for those who got bb" and ask all stupid question abt ur file with the help of fast reply @ any given time. So that's basically my reason and so far since it was created, the result has been wonderful, members are seeing positive sign and come sept u gonna hear great testimonies about what 30members of great spirit and mind will achieve at the end.

Am sorry if it contradict the rules or if anybody is upset about it. We all are one here and let it remain that way.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jerrywool: 12:28pm On May 12, 2013
jerrywool: Please I need your advice.
I am expecting NDDC Scholarship worth $30,000 and my offer letter from University of Alberta will come this month (for a 1 year taught masters degree program).
Do you think the scholarship offer will be a sufficient proof of available fund as my estimate of cost is a little above $30,000.

total tuition fees: $16,830
minimum living expense per year : $10,000 (as shown on canada imigration website)
I have a family friend who lives near the university, in Edmonton.

The student visa processing time is 4 to 6 months, can I also meet up?
Please I need your advice.

[size=28pt]can someone help?[/size]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:36pm On May 12, 2013
xtus:

@ oga justwise...... My goal for creating a bbm group is simple, not to bring disunity within members of this great forum and myself but to unite all of us even more. I notice everybody keep asking each other for bb pin, ur phone number, ur email ad and so on. And I said, instead of talking with just one person all the time on bb, ask him personal question about our app, why not create a group where we can all meet "for those who got bb" and ask all stupid question abt ur file with the help of fast reply @ any given time. So that's basically my reason and so far since it was created, the result has been wonderful, members are seeing positive sign and come sept u gonna hear great testimonies about what 30members of great spirit and mind will achieve at the end.

Am sorry if it contradict the rules or if anybody is upset about it. We all are one here and let it remain that way.

What you did is selfish act, those questions people ask in BBM group can be asked openly here and many will benefit from the answers, this thread has being growing from page to page for years now and that is because people come here to ask questions and get answers. Since you claimed that you have achieved great results from your BBM group why are you here again to ask questions? You come here to get help and take it privately to share?

Since you joined this thread all you have done is to ask people for their contact details or ask them to email you, this will not be accepted any longer.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 12:40pm On May 12, 2013
jerrywool:

[size=28pt]can someone help?[/size]

To quickly answer ur question........... I will say YES ur scholarship from NDDC will be enough to prove available funds for ur study in canada and u can also talk to KENNIY becos he also presented scholarship letter for his studies and has gotten his visa. U might wanna ask him to assist on certain things he added to his application.

Yes also, u can still meet up applying for sept (fall) 2013 this year if you apply now or anytime. If CDHC can issue visa b4 ur classes begins, they will request u get a new start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2013
jerrywool: Please I need your advice.
I am expecting NDDC Scholarship worth $30,000 and my offer letter from University of Alberta will come this month (for a 1 year taught masters degree program).
Do you think the scholarship offer will be a sufficient proof of available fund as my estimate of cost is a little above $30,000.

total tuition fees: $16,830
minimum living expense per year : $10,000 (as shown on canada imigration website)
I have a family friend who lives near the university, in Edmonton.

The student visa processing time is 4 to 6 months, can I also meet up?
Please I need your advice.

Based on your estimate the $30,000 will not meet the financial requirement. You need to provide additional fund to supplement the $30,000.

To make it easier for yourself you need to outline the breakdown of actual cost of the whole study program and match it with the $30,000 available to you and see where to add more money
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 1:08pm On May 12, 2013
kumulus:

The best part is the fact that you're there and you have access to first hand information.....my problem gangan is the app fee..... I too dey broke this days.... I would send you a PM, maybe we can take it from there.
Thanks

Application fee gets the ball rolling, if you don't have that yet, just get other docs. But you MUST sha pay.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nnekanwugo: 3:31pm On May 12, 2013
House please the guy that applied for the same course with me @ u sask ,received their congratulatory email last friday but I didn't receive any of such email not even email to say that maybe I was rejected!What could be the meaning of this?plz sombody answer me abeg!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 4:01pm On May 12, 2013
ticklin:

The account statement had 7m as the closing balance. the documents I submitted where just the normal ones requested for on the application form though I added documents of two houses owned by my sponsor.

Thanks so much for the reply, so was the sponsor your family member was it with the same surname or not,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2013
hi guys, has any one called CDHC successfully before? If yes what number did u use? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nnekanwugo: 5:54pm On May 12, 2013
nnekanwugo: House please the guy that applied for the same course with me @ u sask ,received their congratulatory email last friday but I didn't receive any of such email not even email to say that maybe I was rejected!What could be the meaning of this?plz sombody answer me abeg!
. PLZ Am still waiting good pple of naija!Anybody in my shoes?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 6:04pm On May 12, 2013
nnekanwugo: . PLZ Am still waiting good pple of naija!Anybody in my shoes?
Did u receive an acknowledgment letter dat ur applicatn was received? If yes,then exercise lil patience,they might b working on it. If No,maybe they r yet 2 receive ur app or something. Meanwhile,u may write 2 d skool or give 'em a call to knw what's up with ur app.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nnekanwugo: 6:45pm On May 12, 2013
newacca:
Did u receive an acknowledgment letter dat ur applicatn was received? If yes,then exercise lil patience,they might b working on it. If No,maybe they r yet 2 receive ur app or something. Meanwhile,u may write 2 d skool or give 'em a call to knw what's up with ur app.
Thnx for the response!yes they sent me acknowledgement email that my application has been received!Could this mean that they dont send email to all the applicants the same time?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 7:08pm On May 12, 2013
nnekanwugo: Thnx for the response!yes they sent me acknowledgement email that my application has been received!Could this mean that they dont send email to all the applicants the same time?
They may not necessarily send email to applicants at d same time,since d applicant r not applying 4rm same skool,same result,same day and time. The best u cld do 4 urself is ringing 'em up and also sendin email 2 'em quoting the ref./student # issued to u wit d acknowledgment. All d best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jerrywool: 8:14pm On May 12, 2013
xtus:

To quickly answer ur question........... I will say YES ur scholarship from NDDC will be enough to prove available funds for ur study in canada and u can also talk to KENNIY becos he also presented scholarship letter for his studies and has gotten his visa. U might wanna ask him to assist on certain things he added to his application.

Yes also, u can still meet up applying for sept (fall) 2013 this year if you apply now or anytime. If CDHC can issue visa b4 ur classes begins, they will request u get a new start date.

Thank you xtus! God Bless u. How can I contact KENNIY? should i mention him on a post? or does nairaland allow private messaging? Please reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jerrywool: 8:18pm On May 12, 2013
justwise:

Based on your estimate the $30,000 will not meet the financial requirement. You need to provide additional fund to supplement the $30,000.

To make it easier for yourself you need to outline the breakdown of actual cost of the whole study program and match it with the $30,000 available to you and see where to add more money

Thank you so much justwise!

assuming after d breakdown, i need 2mil to complete d actual cost. can i lodge the 2mil in my current account and present it as a supplement to d offer letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 8:22pm On May 12, 2013
richard4ssky:

Thanks so much for the reply, so was the sponsor your family member was it with the same surname or not,
My father
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kumulus(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2013
Robbie37:
Wow! That's cold...

More of mean than cold....different strokes for different folks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 8:35pm On May 12, 2013
Pls house, if I have been denied UK visa b4, can the Canadian embassy know that I av been denied b4? I'm asking cos of the part in the form that asks if I've been refused visa b4... But I dun wanna indicate I've been refused visa b4
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kumulus(m): 8:35pm On May 12, 2013
mozo:

Application fee gets the ball rolling, if you don't have that yet, just get other docs. But you MUST sha pay.

Thanks for the info jare...you make sense pa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 9:28pm On May 12, 2013
deebla: Pls house, if I have been denied UK visa b4, can the Canadian embassy know that I av been denied b4? I'm asking cos of the part in the form that asks if I've been refused visa b4... But I dun wanna indicate I've been refused visa b4

just be honest about it.. you will be fine...

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.