Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587336 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2013
VCTROKOYE:

pls when exactly did you submit ur application? I submitted mine on 27th March and it was acknowledged on 28 march but no response yet

How were u informed? through email or vfs tracking. I have been deleting the unknown emails

I submitted on the 21st of march
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2013
mozo:

When did you do your meds? i did mine a month ago..Just to give you an idea

I am yet to do my medicals, i have scheduled next week thusday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2013
dommakavelli:

Congrats bro..
You should av your TRV a month after medic.
who's your sponsor?

Amen oo, my father is my sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tstonch: 8:54pm On May 15, 2013
hi everyone, i am planning to submit my application for jan section in sept but wants to use myself as my sponsor. i trade forex online and wants to use that as my source of fund. does anyone know the effect of sponsoring oneself?. also, like how much am i required to minimally have in my account. your suggestions will be highly appreciated cos i dont want to make any regrettable mistakes.

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Mamacita007(f): 9:09pm On May 15, 2013
Please can a diplomatic dependent apply for a work permit in canada? i.e if someone has a diplomatic visa from US or naija to canada. If the person is approved for TRV and canadian tuition fees, can they also work in Ontario? What is the process of getting a work permit if one is already present in Canada? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 2:09am On May 16, 2013
Hello house,

Please for those that have used the online route for TRV application, one of the eligibility questions is: Do you intend to work off-campus while studying in Canada? Of course I will like to work while studying but my question is, should I answer YES or NO at this stage? I don't want to pick an answer that may jeopardize my being given the TRV later.

God bless you as you help me with your opinion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by koolmd: 5:39am On May 16, 2013
surecan:

congrats,sure it's visa

Yes oh. Its a visa.i got it yesterday after several hours of waiting at the Canadian embassy in Lagos yesterday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:54am On May 16, 2013
Please i would like to find out how long it takes on the average for a student visa to be issued. I was just offered admission by UBC for september,2013. Is it already late?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:28am On May 16, 2013
adewaleafolabi: Please i would like to find out how long it takes on the average for a student visa to be issued. I was just offered admission by UBC for september,2013. Is it already late?

Thanks

Hello,
Congrats on your admission. My advice is that you go ahead and apply for your visa immediately, at least before the end of May. Ensure all your documents are complete and well arranged, chances are you can meet up with September. Some people take up to 6 months, some as little as 2 months. Different cases, different people. Ask God for favor and speed.
However, if you don't get it in time for September, you can defer your admission to next year and the embassy will just change your start date. Either way, you're good to go rather than just not applying at all. I'd say give it a go and watch what happens. UBC is about the best in Canada, don't miss this opportunity.
All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tstonch: 10:45am On May 16, 2013
can someone please respond to my question .....

hi everyone, i am planning to submit my application for jan section in sept but wants to use myself as my sponsor. i trade forex online and wants to use that as my source of fund. does anyone know the effect of sponsoring oneself?. also, like how much am i required to minimally have in my account. your suggestions will be highly appreciated cos i dont want to make any regrettable mistakes.

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaymdee(m): 11:01am On May 16, 2013
tstonch: can someone please respond to my question .....

thanks

Just top the total cost of program + living expenses with about 10,000$. That should do. You may need to present some docs to show your biz transaction
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 11:33am On May 16, 2013
blaze007: morng house. anybody still having problem with attestaion at ministry of education, jst come to 4th floor. room 409. will help you out.one love
Hey bro. What does that mean and what is it used for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blaze007(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Hey bro. What does that mean and what is it used for?
for your waec, neco, school result at ministry of education. jst to verify that those document are genuine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 12:08pm On May 16, 2013
@koolmd
congrats on your TRV man! which school,course... please?

By the way i don drink that famous Siga "cofee" o! wink... and it was marvelous.. o yea it was something, cofee wey pass cofee! grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2013
debbieey: Hi house.
The instructions sent to me were for my medicals. The only problem I have now is that the medical forms and information have been sent to my email. So far I haven't gotten any emails. I have searched my drafts, inbox , everything. So I have sent an email regarding this issue to them. I am expecting their reply. But please has anyone experienced this?

by everythin,guess u must have searched the spam/junk folder too.. would be much faster for u to go to the embassy..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2013
Robbie37:
By the way i don drink that famous Siga "cofee" o! wink... and it was marvelous.. o yea it was something, cofee wey pass cofee! grin
m hopin on this!.. Siga any hope to see ur highness around Ottawa? my flight is for 23rd aug.. or I come around during break if possible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tstonch: 1:23pm On May 16, 2013
jaymdee:

Just top the total cost of program + living expenses with about 10,000$. That should do. You may need to present some docs to show your biz transaction

thanks bro.... copied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:28pm On May 16, 2013
Robbie37: @koolmd
congrats on your TRV man! which school,course... please?

....@Robbie37 and I had a competition...I beat his a$$....u think say cos u just enter from naija...u go beat me for pounded yam race....I show am skills....lol....it was fun times man...btw...u don get the jacket?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:29pm On May 16, 2013
kenniy:
m hopin on this!.. Siga any hope to see ur highness around Ottawa? my flight is for 23rd aug.. or I come around during break if possible
...bro...Ottawa na 5hrs away...might be heading to Montreal with the family during summer...we might arrange something....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 2:49pm On May 16, 2013
Siga: ....@Robbie37 and I had a competition...I beat his a$$....u think say cos u just enter from naija...u go beat me for pounded yam race....I show am skills....lol....it was fun times man...btw...u don get the jacket?
No fair! you didnt tell me 'twas a race... anyway I concede... I got the jacket yesterday thanks. But its like spring's almost over... tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:55pm On May 16, 2013
Robbie37:
No fair! you didnt tell me 'twas a race... anyway I concede... I got the jacket yesterday thanks. But its like spring's almost over... tongue
...Spring is over next month...but, from here on out...the weather is fantastic until we enter summer and it will become too hot bro...be ready to sweat...it can be unbearable most times...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 3:05pm On May 16, 2013
Siga: ...Spring is over next month...but, from here on out...the weather is fantastic until we enter summer and it will become too hot bro...be ready to sweat...it can be unbearable most times...
walk around in vest and shorts na... hot or cold we dey!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 4:58pm On May 16, 2013
pls my fellow brother when uploading the passport photo online, must i summit only one photo or two photos....help urgently!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 5:27pm On May 16, 2013
Siga: ...Spring is over next month...but, from here on out...the weather is fantastic until we enter summer and it will become too hot bro...be ready to sweat...it can be unbearable most times...
Hehehe I am loving dat discussion. Una dey make us feel canny for here cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 6:54pm On May 16, 2013
hello guys, how was todays work n life in general...please if one gets a medical exam ap, how good does that sound...please i need replies to this...thanks n may Allah be with us all on our affairs ameen..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 6:56pm On May 16, 2013
@oga Siga et al, pls help me with this question. God bless you.
smile13: Hello house,

Please for those that have used the online route for TRV application, one of the eligibility questions is: Do you intend to work off-campus while studying in Canada? Of course I will like to work while studying but my question is, should I answer YES or NO at this stage? I don't want to pick an answer that may jeopardize my being given the TRV later.

God bless you as you help me with your opinion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:09pm On May 16, 2013
smile13: @oga Siga et al, pls help me with this question. God bless you.
...Why would u wanna say Yes....ha ba...thats not something u need to ask anyone bro....u wan shoot urself in the foot? Plz say No....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2013
Please could we have like a wiki where people can quickly read up as regards application process. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 8:08pm On May 16, 2013
blaze007: morng house. anybody still having problem with attestaion at ministry of education, jst come to 4th floor. room 409. will help you out.one love

Hi Blaze,

i am currently out of the country and applying from there, can i send copies of my documents for attestation through my brother to you. Please help and its urgent. you can email me at eagleyerola (at) yahoo.com

regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 8:15pm On May 16, 2013
yeah brothers i have succesfully sumited my applicatitions online, but i fail to sumit my offer letter as it wasnot written in the checklist. is this a problem?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 8:22pm On May 16, 2013
Siga: ...Why would u wanna say Yes....ha ba...thats not something u need to ask anyone bro....u wan shoot urself in the foot? Plz say No....

Thanks so much oga Siga. God bless you real good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2013
Hi guys, plz when the vfs account syas contact the visa application center, is it referring to the embassy or the vfs office.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.