Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (586306 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
i Tap into this annointing! Which school are you heading to?
kenniy: the summary is i just got my visa smiley

the very long story is: this morning was chating with kayce when i saw this on vfs: "Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied".. i know that means they sending back my documents to vfs..i also know most likely its not yet at vfs, as the status will be ".... ready for collection..." when it gets there..
ordinarily,as is done before, i woulda assumed that is my visa. but cos like most people that got visa since january, they would get an email saying "Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." ..and as at then, i haven't gotten that mail. i freaked out (ask kayce wink).. cos i also know CDHC could still reject someone after medicals. i original tot i'll wait till 'morrow cos i wasnt with the slip (i stopped carrying it in my bag just last week after i was told by a nigerian cdhc official that they not gonna issue visa for me yet with more than 6 months to resume school)..i eventually got someone to bring the slip for me when i was sure i wouldnt sleep right knowin there is a schrodinger's cat right in my domain..
when i got there, my documents where still in transit, so had to wait for like 2 hr..eventually i got the package, and shakingly, i opened it and went straight to my passport..then i smiled..

sorry i bored u all, just so ecstatic at the moment..lol..yh..i also got that email too few mins ago..

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lammzy: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
Did anyone here apply to durham college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
Congrats to all who have just been awarded their Visa, may the journey be blessed by God's grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: i Tap into this annointing! Which school are you heading to?
thanks gahn..uottawa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
thanks everyone..i hope we all share good news by God's grace..
kayce.. i bet u get urs before ths week runs out..i propose a wager if u dare! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
kenniy: thanks gahn..uottawa

Congrats bro, you can now go confidently and claim your entitlement from FG...
Please, which course @ UniOttawa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
kenniy: thanks everyone..i hope we all share good news by God's grace..
kayce.. i bet u get urs before ths week runs out..i propose a wager if u dare! tongue
Amennnn I agree with u bro...I believe it so no need for wagers smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2013

the very long story is: this morning was chating with kayce when i saw this on vfs: "Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied".. i know that means they sending back my documents to vfs..i also know most likely its not yet at vfs, as the status will be ".... ready for collection..." when it gets there..
ordinarily,as is done before, i woulda assumed that is my visa. but cos like most people that got visa since january, they would get an email saying "Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." ..and as at then, i haven't gotten that mail. i freaked out (ask kayce wink).. cos i also know CDHC could still reject someone after medicals. i original tot i'll wait till 'morrow cos i wasnt with the slip (i stopped carrying it in my bag just last week after i was told by a nigerian cdhc official that they not gonna issue visa for me yet with more than 6 months to resume school)..i eventually got someone to bring the slip for me when i was sure i wouldnt sleep right knowin there is a schrodinger's cat right in my domain..
when i got there, my documents where still in transit, so had to wait for like 2 hr..eventually i got the package, and shakingly, i opened it and went straight to my passport..then i smiled..

sorry i bored u all, just so ecstatic at the moment..lol..yh..i also got that email too few mins ago..

CONGRATS!!! smiley cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lus5(f): 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2013

I'm so happy for you nd wish you d best in canada. All Trv/medical hopefuls is time for us to shine! smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lanxbaba: 8:05am On Mar 20, 2013
Pls sir/ma I really gain alot from this forum and how i wish i have been following this forum......Pls i really need your advise urgently because i dont know what to do now.....I was given admission for January ,but i cant meet up due to the process from the embassy, but fortunately they get back to me , which i immediately went for my medical and prepared the rest of the document needed, but i need to submit the envelop back on the 21 of the month, so here is my problem, They request for another Acceptance letter from my school,because i did not deferred the the admission, because i did not know i have to do so....So pls what can i do , because my school asked me to fill out a new application which i have filled and i also make the processing payment, But i was told they can only get back to me in the next4-6weeks.......What can I do pls i really need your advise......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:52am On Mar 20, 2013
lanxbaba: Pls sir/ma I really gain alot from this forum and how i wish i have been following this forum......Pls i really need your advise urgently because i dont know what to do now.....I was given admission for January ,but i cant meet up due to the process from the embassy, but fortunately they get back to me , which i immediately went for my medical and prepared the rest of the document needed, but i need to submit the envelop back on the 21 of the month, so here is my problem, They request for another Acceptance letter from my school,because i did not deferred the the admission, because i did not know i have to do so....So pls what can i do , because my school asked me to fill out a new application which i have filled and i also make the processing payment, But i was told they can only get back to me in the next4-6weeks.......What can I do pls i really need your advise......

Make it clear sir..
Fill out a new application 4 what? For a New admission or for differing ur old admission?
because If u've paid ur tuition, they shuld b able to defer ur admission. I dnt tink u need to submit a new
application.

As for d embassy, i dnt tink i have an idea yet, but, am sure gurus here wud help.
But in case u didn't meet up? U may write the embassy n tell dem dat ur school said it wud take dem 6 weeks to give u a new letter. Its beta dan not telling dem anytin.
If d embassy told u to pay ur tuition n if u've paid, submit d receipt, oda docx required, n a letter to explain what ur sch said.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2013
Onye oma:

Congrats bro, you can now go confidently and claim your entitlement from FG...
Please, which course @ UniOttawa
true that mate! u have no idea..not every day someone gets all expense paid ish like dt..the tot of loosing out on tht sef was more scary than nt been issued visa.
Systems Science in uOttawa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2013
kayce43:
Amennnn I agree with u bro...I believe it so no need for wagers smiley
ah! i was hopin to earn small bucks from u ooo..y u back down like tht naa sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:12am On Mar 20, 2013
@ Earthgreeners

Broda, The devil is so useless, he doesn't want us to do anything good in life.
He knows dat he doesn't have any power to change our destiny but he can definitely delay it which we won't give him dat chance insha Allah

Regarding your admission, in my own opinion, since your application is very competitive, But u haven't secured a supervisor yet , which is kinda delaying u.
I tink u shud write to one of ur schs to change ur course to course route. At least, you'll have one application to work with n keep ur moral high.
Because I wouldn't like a situation when d admission wud come in late.

I dnt know if sumone is tinking on d same track wit me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 9:12am On Mar 20, 2013
lanxbaba: Pls sir/ma I really gain alot from this forum and how i wish i have been following this forum......Pls i really need your advise urgently because i dont know what to do now.....I was given admission for January ,but i cant meet up due to the process from the embassy, but fortunately they get back to me , which i immediately went for my medical and prepared the rest of the document needed, but i need to submit the envelop back on the 21 of the month, so here is my problem, They request for another Acceptance letter from my school,because i did not deferred the the admission, because i did not know i have to do so....So pls what can i do , because my school asked me to fill out a new application which i have filled and i also make the processing payment, But i was told they can only get back to me in the next4-6weeks.......What can I do pls i really need your advise......

if you have been communicating with ur school via email, i will advise u print out the conversation and attached a note writing by u stating that u will get ur new acceptance letter across to them the moment ur sch send u ur new start date. But try and meet up all other necessary conditions given to u and submit back to the embassy b4 d deadline given.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:12am On Mar 20, 2013
to start with..what school is it?
most schools that dont defer without requesting a new application usually have more than one start date on the admission letter. have u checked to confirm its just january you have?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lanxbaba: 10:03am On Mar 20, 2013
Thanks ,The name of the school is University of Saskatchewan .Yes i was given an acceptance letter and should start class from January 5...But i cant meet up due to embassy stuff....and pls how can i check if i have more than January application.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2013
lanxbaba: Thanks ,The name of the school is University of Saskatchewan .Yes i was given an acceptance letter and should start class from January 5...But i cant meet up due to embassy stuff....and pls how can i check if i have more than January application.?
it will be right on it, saying you can resume so and so date..its actually obvious, if you cant find it on it, guess its not there. as it stands, you can do as xtus suggested..attached the correspondence with the school and a note saying you will provide the admission letter the moment you get it. then when the letter is ready, instead of allowing them to send it will regular snail-mail, you can request a pickup using dhl/ups..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Oluwaseun929(m): 10:17am On Mar 20, 2013
Good Day Guys, this is a nice forum. I think its high time i started processing my admission into a canadian university. So pls does any 1 know a Uni/college in canada that admits a 2.2 for masters/ postgradute diploma 'masters preferably'. Thnks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lanxbaba: 10:22am On Mar 20, 2013
@Xtus Yes i have been communicating with the school with emails and phone calls...And Are you suggesting i should print out all our conversation and include it with what they requested for?@ dommakavelli, i did not know i need to Differ my admission when i did not meet up with my january resumption ......I havent paid yet, because the school did not request me to pay........< i have already submitted a new application,Thanks so much for your advise, i still need more advise so as to know what and what i should do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olufemi14(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2013
Good news house.. Just received a call from mai agent dat my visa has bn approved n dat I shuld com on Friday 2 collect mai document..

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2013
olufemi14: Good news house.. Just received a call from mai agent dat my visa has bn approved n dat I shuld com on Friday 2 collect mai document..
Good news keeps flooding this part4.. Congrats bro. Pls which agent did you use? Maple is way too expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 11:31am On Mar 20, 2013
olufemi14: Good news house.. Just received a call from mai agent dat my visa has bn approved n dat I shuld com on Friday 2 collect mai document..

Congrats ma broda!! Gud news all d way.. We will all get it IJN amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olufemi14(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2013
@movein: digital editions, moyo agoro 4 Ogba.. Expensive but nt as maple
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
congrats man..u be strong man oo..to wait till friday?..i envy u..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by movein: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2013
olufemi14: @movein: digital editions, moyo agoro 4 Ogba.. Expensive but nt as maple
Thanks.. Congrats once again! Enjoy ur stay in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2013
Wooooooow I love d goodnews flooding the house ,congratulations olufemi...so so happy 4 u mehn..more goodnews on way, get ready ppl, medical awaitees n admission awaitees

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayce43: 11:49am On Mar 20, 2013
kenniy:
ah! i was hopin to earn small bucks from u ooo..y u back down like tht naa sad
I believe u bro dats y I said dat, u wan use me hammer shey.....lol, tanks broda.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by silibaba: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
pls house,

is it possible for an inlaw to be your sponsor.

he resides in swizzerland and financially capable of footing the whole bills.

how do i go about it.

pls urgent reponse

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
Congrats! I tap into this annointing again. Which school are you heading to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by castrogee(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Please nairalanders I need an advice, I have been trying to apply to a university in Canada in this case university of Windsor for September session but all along it seems to me that they are delaying my application by not responding to my app. I am seriously worried because my GCPA is 3.28/5.0 I don't know of any university in Canada that can offer me admissions within a space of two weeks. Please tell me if You know any.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
lanxbaba: @Xtus Yes i have been communicating with the school with emails and phone calls...And Are you suggesting i should print out all our conversation and include it with what they requested for?@ dommakavelli, i did not know i need to Differ my admission when i did not meet up with my january resumption ......I havent paid yet, because the school did not request me to pay........< i have already submitted a new application,Thanks so much for your advise, i still need more advise so as to know what and what i should do.

i think u shuld print out the particular conversation where the sch told u its gonna take 4-6wks to get ur new acceptance letter over to u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.