Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587556 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2013
lucky Don: You should address it to your school of course...It is one of the requirements for giving you addmission...cdhc requires your transcript just to show that you are a bonifade student.

Yes boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2013
dommakavelli:

Bros, abeg, how much did u pay for DHL

I got my admission letter through DHL. I paid 18,120 naira. Just tell them you need 'pick up' service. The school should give you the contact details of the person that DHL will meet to collect the letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2013
xtus:

Saying this from experience a friend of mine had with UK embassy when he submitted his bank statement with the sealed envelop but the embassy denied him based on the grounded that he did not included his bank statement, the next time he applied he opened the envelop and add the statement to his other docx and was granted his visa four years back.

To buttress your point sir. Applying some skill in organizing your supporting documentation will serve all applicants well. Trying placing related documents together, tag them with Post-it-Notes if possible. Academic documents together financial documents together. Bio- related documents together. It'll not be wise to present the Visa Officers with a puzzle of disarrayed documents to sort and wade through.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2013
ticklin: I got my admission letter through DHL. I paid 18,120 naira. Just tell them you need 'pick up' service. The school should give you the contact details of the person that DHL will meet to collect the letter.

I changed my mailing address to a Canada address... my contact person in Canada could help me send it via courier.. I hope that is cheaper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:24am On Mar 21, 2013
Robbie37: To buttress your point sir. Applying some skill in organizing your supporting documentation will serve all applicants well. Trying placing related documents together, tag them with Post-it-Notes if possible. Academic documents together financial documents together. Bio- related documents together. It'll not be wise to present the Visa Officers with a puzzle of disarrayed documents to sort and wade through.
Cheers

Well said..

In other words,

Passport photo, and international Passport

Forms

certificate, Transcript, WAEC result, Admission letter etc

Banks statement, letter of sponsorship, affidavit, landed properties documents etc

Birth Certificate, Sponsor's Birth Certificate or passport data page etc

Siblings birth certificate or Passport data page.etc

am I on point?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2013
earthgreeners:

I changed my mailing address to a Canada address... my contact person in Canada could help me send it via courier.. I hope that is cheaper

Lucky you.

Dis regular post stuff is annoying...do u tink i shud proceed wit d scanned copy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2013
dommakavelli: Lucky you. Dis regular post stuff is annoying...do u tink i shud proceed wit d scanned copy?

Take the chill pill, If by 26th of April u dnt get the letter, use the Scanned Copy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2013
earthgreeners:

Well said..

In other words,

Passport photo, and international Passport

Forms

certificate, Transcript, WAEC result, Admission letter etc

Banks statement, letter of sponsorship, affidavit, landed properties documents etc

Birth Certificate, Sponsor's Birth Certificate or passport data page etc

Siblings birth certificate or Passport data page.etc

am I on point?

This really doesn't matter as the people at VAC will arrange it themselves.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2013
earthgreeners:

Well, maybe it might be cheaper by 6000 naira or thereabout. Sending some documents to Canada is like 12,000 naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
ZionSpecie: It's been a glorious week so far as folks have prophecied earlier. God's been indeed faithful to us. Congrats to @kenniy and @olufemi14. God has seen you through the first phase. I'm sure your destination is not the TRV. God will guide you through your journey in Canada and make all crooked ways straight before you. You will know no obstacles and as far as your eyes can behold, you will lay hold of iJN. Waiting for the next TRV/Medical/Acceptance letter news smiley
see prayers oo!..amen!..thank u very much..may God in his infinite mercies straighten ur path too.and make things easy for us than we could imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by biolabee(m): 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
ticklin:

This really doesn't matter as the people at VAC will arrange it themselves.

Its helpful as it helps save time
It also ensures you dont forget anything

Organising is helpful

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
@all,I am arranging docs I need to submit to cdhc.pls I need a sample of affidavit of sponsorship especially from the elders of the house and those who have gotten their TRV or been called for medicals(kenniy and olufemi14,ticklin,dommakaveille,earthgreeners,iwinosojack,zionspecie et al).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
bullstriker: @all,I am arranging docs I need to submit to cdhc.pls I need a sample of affidavit of sponsorship especially from the elders of the house and those who have gotten their TRV or been called for medicals(kenniy and olufemi14,ticklin,dommakaveille,earthgreeners,iwinosojack,zionspecie et al).Email-bullstriker50@yahoo.com Thanks for your assistance.

Check Part3, I posted Letter of Sponsorship and Affidavit format.....
I cant remember the Page, but it was late last year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
ticklin: This really doesn't matter as the people at VAC will arrange it themselves.

Says who?....
You need to organize yourself and package well...VAC would only help you fine tune the whole thing based on what you presented....Got that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
ticklin: Well, maybe it might be cheaper by 6000 naira or thereabout. Sending some documents to Canada is like 12,000 naira.

Thatz cheap and should take maximum of 7working days.
2days within Canada, and 5days to Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
earthgreeners:

Check Part3, I posted Letter of Sponsorship and Affidavit format.....
I cant remember the Page, but it was late last year

@bullstriker to make it easy for u, jus going thru earthgreeners post. It will save u the stress of going thru d part 3

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
I think we need to start having people pledge to return to this forum after dem secure VISA or land Canada....ha ba...Wetin happen to giving back my people....I can name over 10 people wey don chop VISA and never returned.....where is spencer3705 ....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by xtus(m): 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Siga: I think we need to start having people pledge to return to this forum after dem secure VISA or land Canada....ha ba...Wetin happen to giving back my people....I can name over 10 people wey don chop VISA and never returned.....where is spencer3705 ....

Bros oh........ Abeg as for spencer me and him dey talk for skype, he say mk una no vex oh, say d assignment from school no easy. He say he go try check-in when he dey less free....... As for d rest, I can't say for them oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
bullstriker: @all,I am arranging docs I need to submit to cdhc.pls I need a sample of affidavit of sponsorship especially from the elders of the house and those who have gotten their TRV or been called for medicals(kenniy and olufemi14,ticklin,dommakaveille,earthgreeners,iwinosojack,zionspecie et al).
Email-bullstriker50@yahoo.com Thanks for your assistance.
ehm..i didnt exactly submit any affidavit of sponsorship, as the sponsorship documents i submitted are the scholarship papers i got. i did add a letter from my brother tho, just as a supporting document.i could post the content of that if you think that would help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
@xtus,
Thanks.I will go through it.but I will appreciate if u can send me your sample.earthgreeneers post is voluminous:1557;that's huge grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
bullstriker: @xtus,
Thanks.I will go through it.but I will appreciate if u can send me your sample.earthgreeneers post is voluminous:1557;that's huge grin
if earthgreener could provide a specific keyword in that post, you could do a site:www.nairaland.com/earthgreeners/posts,then that keyword, to make a specific google search..
ps:i tried to, but not gettin anythin relevant with intent/scholarship/letter/affidavit.. those in bold should be in the google search box..then the keyword..nl insertin d hyperlink which isnt relevant in ds case
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
Please my nucle just told me that starting from this year 2013 canada student visa now take 2 month to process not 4 or 5 month anymore i want to no if is true. Can anyone advice me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
richard4ssky: Please my nucle just told me that starting from this year 2013 canada student visa now take 2 month to process not 4 or 5 month anymore i want to no if is true. Can anyone advice me

Last update: January 16, 2013

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
earthgreeners:

Thatz cheap and should take maximum of 7working days.
2days within Canada, and 5days to Nigeria.

There is this courier company, formerly known as TNT, but they've changed their name, I think to EMS,( not sure) but I used them to send my stuff, paid 7800. And they deliver on point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 4:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for the assistance kenniy,I hv also tried it and I didn't get any substantial info.
kenniy:
if earthgreener could provide a specific keyword in that post, you could do a site:www.nairaland.com/earthgreeners/posts,then that keyword, to make a specific google search..
ps:i tried to, but not gettin anythin relevant with intent/scholarship/letter/affidavit.. those in bold should be in the google search box..then the keyword..nl insertin d hyperlink which isnt relevant in ds case

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
richard4ssky: Please my nucle just told me that starting from this year 2013 canada student visa now take 2 month to process not 4 or 5 month anymore i want to no if is true. Can anyone advice me

That'll be a great news...I pray its true though av not heard any such news
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2013

Well some peeps have submitted in February.. Only time will tell my guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
biolabee:

Its helpful as it helps save time
It also ensures you dont forget anything

Organising is helpful

Yeah, you're right
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
Am still interested in connecting with pple heading to MUN pls..if you've paid your tuition pls let's connect.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
mozo:

There is this courier company, formerly known as TNT, but they've changed their name, I think to EMS,( not sure) but I used them to send my stuff, paid 7800. And they deliver on point

That would be courierPlus, not EMS. And the price is 7200 naira, 3 days delivery. Very efficient. I don't know if they do 'pick up' service, buh they are good. Easy to track
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
Etinosajay:

That would be courierPlus, not EMS. And the price is 7200 naira, 3 days delivery. Very efficient. I don't know if they do 'pick up' service, buh they are good. Easy to track
Etinosajay:

They still go by the name TNT...1hat happened was that they were formally allied with IRS before they split last year.My school used it in sending my acceptance letter last year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
Siga: I think we need to start having people pledge to return to this forum after dem secure VISA or land Canada....ha ba...Wetin happen to giving back my people....I can name over 10 people wey don chop VISA and never returned.....where is spencer3705 ....
Baba,you are correct....Many people that have benefited from this wonderful thread abandons it after landing in Canada.Its not fair at all...all the same be rest assured of God's blessings for your immeasurable advice to us on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.