Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,683 members, 7,837,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (488654 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by steve4ever: 5:48am On Aug 22, 2013
Espice: Hello house,this is just to inform you all that my visa was approved today @ Abuja Embassy. I'll try to summarize the interview experience.
And let me also add that Abuja embassy is very friendly to applicants unlike what is the usual @ the Lagos consulate.

My appointment was for 10:30am but we were let in around 12:30. After the biometrics we got back to the queue. I observed all the VOs,an Asian-American lady,a white grey-hair guy,a black-american lady. They were all giving visas and also denying people at d rate of 60:40% respectively.
Now my interview,I was interviewed by the Asian-american:
Me: good afternoon
VO: good afternoon,how are you
Me: fine thank you
VO: why do you wanna go to the US
Me: I'll be going to US for my Master's degree program
VO: where in d US are you going you to
Me: told her
VO: why this schoo?
Me: smiled...first of all,I got to know about this particular research project that is presently being carried out by the school. I was able to contact Pro. Stanley Greenwald who is spearheading this research work also,the chairperson of the Envir Engineering dept.
VO:so what will this project do for you?
Me: it will provide me with relevant skills,training and expertise I need to be able to perform excellently in my company here in Nigeria
VO: and what research will you be working on?
Me: Application of Hydrologi and Geophysical Processing Methods on Environmental Remediation and Restoration.
VO: wow,that is interesting
Me: smiled
VO: when did you finish your undergraduate?
Me: 2010
VO: so what have you been doing?
Me: after my program,I went for one year NYSC program finished in 2011 and resume work in a manufacturing company owned by my brother
VO: so what do you manufacture?
Me: told her
VO: how many brothers do you have?
Me: only one and he is the chief executive officer of the company
VO: I see...smiled. Can I see your bank statement
ME: okay,give some minutes pls. I quickly scanned through my bag. Here it is
VO: did you write GRE?
Me: yes,I wrote both GRE and TOEFL
VO: what your score
Me: told her. Sorry my GRE is quite low,but good TOEFL.
VO: ok. Started typing for long on her computer. Then looked at me and said,I will approve your visa. Make sure you do a very good research work ok and make your family proud.
Me and VO: started laughing seriously.
VO: so take this paper,go and pick...
It was just God all the way.
congrats bro. Go to obama land in peace. It is well says the hymn...!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 7:42am On Aug 22, 2013
steve4ever: @foohard.....D main questn is wen are u resuming? And also, d u see any asurance dt u ll be given a study leave....if yes, and ur resumtn date stil cover dt, i ll advice u 2 wait nd if nt i gues u gat to leave, no dulling tins at this moment. No one nos tomorow, all we can do is to try our best. But am sure our tomorow ll be great. It is well says the HYMN.

My school resumes 26th buh I have a delayOK letter from the school that says I can resume as late as September 8.

One of the key people in the committee (the chairman) to be precise is who said I should postpone till next week so that he could call for meeting and table the application to them.

Still not so sure I'd get the study leave though cos we have too many bad belle people in the committee than don't want people to grow positively.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 8:00am On Aug 22, 2013
^^^
Brother mi, I believe you got your visa by the hand of God; am I correct? If yes, 1 million badder stomachs won't stop you from projecting higher at all. As a matter of fact, I am not wishing them to smile at you easily, cos they might think they have the power to do and undo, but I want them to bow to the Authority above all authorities. Therefore, take Absolute control in the place of prayers. Okay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2013
Congrat Espice,wish u well in obama land.I pray d house will congratulate me as well very soon.In Sha Allahu.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 8:04am On Aug 22, 2013
Oga Justwise, una no go vex o. Person wey no dey vex, na im dey born plenty Justwises and Justbrains. Na exuberance dey overdo am. Just let go sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2013
justwise:

Those are emails from him.

Is this what America will see soon?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2013
@Justwise, I saw that now. Please forgive him. He's still very young to insult the elders. I can now see that he was banned not because of me, but due to his crazy use of English. Please do not recapitulate this matter anymore. I feel so upset and disappointed too. And I will definitely let him apologize to you. Justwise, we all love you here! @Adaobi, the message does not have any sense of humor, so it's not funny. Maybe because you're an Ada and you just wanted to laugh. I can understand!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2013
De Tus: @Justwise, I saw that now. Please forgive him. He's still very young to insult the elders. I can now see that he was banned not because of me, but due to his crazy use of English. Please do not recapitulate this matter anymore. I feel so upset and disappointed too. And I will definitely let him apologize to you. Justwise, we all love you here! @Adaobi, the message does not have any sense of humor, so it's not funny. Maybe because you're an Ada and you just wanted to laugh. I can understand!
@JUSTWISE PLEASE FORGIVE AND FORGET, BUT AMERICA YOU NO TRY AT ALL OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by steve4ever: 10:02am On Aug 22, 2013
mandybaby2007: Goodevening house, i paid my F1 visa fees b4 realising i cannot use my passport for visa stamping cos its expiring in Dec2013, i rushed to immigration 2renew d passport dey asked me 2come back for a new one next 2moro, d problem now is dt its my old passport no. dt is on my visa fees receipt but i wil b going 2embasy wit d new passport wich wil have a different number, wil this affect me? Will dey ask y d passport number on my visa fees reciept is diff frm d one am holding? I haven't filed DS-160 yet am waiting for d new passport
in my own view, i think dt xplanation can do dt since it is renew. But still hear frm top people in d forum. It is well says the HYMN.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 10:10am On Aug 22, 2013
De Tus: @Justwise, I saw that now. Please forgive him. He's still very young to insult the elders. I can now see that he was banned not because of me, but due to his crazy use of English. Please do not recapitulate this matter anymore. I feel so upset and disappointed too. And I will definitely let him apologize to you. Justwise, we all love you here! @Adaobi, the message does not have any sense of humor, so it's not funny. Maybe because you're an Ada and you just wanted to laugh. I can understand!

Please don't bother, i need no apology from that individual.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2013
Hi fam, i'm sorry i disappointed y'all.. But i was so pissed, cuz he banned me 3 times within the last 2 months..

I humbly wrote Egbon Justwise why he banned me, but i didnt expect what the message contained.. He insulted my personalty, so i had to talk back (I be omo Ibadan)..

To all who concluded and judged without hearing from me, it's OK! A gbo ejo enikan da agba osika nii.. Still going noni 1love..

Justwise, thanks for unbanning me.. But, i aint da 1st person to drop email addy.. Plus u edited my emails, u didnt post ur first attack email for others to see.. You only picked out the insultive ones from my side..

I said to myself, i'm done with NL.. Cuz i was sick of being banned all the time, without doing nothing..
Thanks to y'all... It's ur boy Amefrica *thumbup*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 10:39am On Aug 22, 2013
Ok. But checking online I got info that a sim card cost more at JFK, about $50... They say getting a disposable phone would cost lesser. Which network? T-mobile? Not sure if I'll be taking my phone with me. Just wondering which network is affordable. Prepaid or which ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by batteryempty(m): 11:15am On Aug 22, 2013
@Amefrica, te jeje.
Try to be more matured and follow ur dream.
Aint nothing stopping you my man.

Remember u are in a very dangerous stage @ the moment. So now is the time to be serious and forget all d distractions rearing their urgly heads... Trust me the house loves u and want u to succeed.

Abo oro la ma n so fun omo'luwabi.......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2013
batteryempty: @Amefrica, te jeje.
Try to be more matured and follow ur dream.
Aint nothing stopping you my man.

Remember u are in a very dangerous stage @ the moment. So now is the time to be serious and forget all d distractions rearing their urgly heads... Trust me the house loves u and want u to succeed.

Abo oro la ma n so fun omo'luwabi.......

Roger! Thanks bro. I got it. Where av u been ? I havnt been seein u on here lately.. Hope all is well ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by batteryempty(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2013
Yeah, abuja tinz, trying to arrange the movement I told u about. But the eagle is back on the thread....

Amefrica:

Roger! Thanks bro. I got it. Where av u been ? I havnt been seein u on here lately.. Hope all is well ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
Brother mi, I believe you got your visa by the hand of God; am I correct? If yes, 1 million badder stomachs won't stop you from projecting higher at all. As a matter of fact, I am not wishing them to smile at you easily, cos they might think they have the power to do and undo, but I want them to bow to the Authority above all authorities. Therefore, take Absolute control in the place of prayers. Okay?

I have my VISA, have my ticket.. Just the study leave that's delaying me.. Please house, my flight was suppose to be for tomorrow, how much does it cost to reschedule?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2013
batteryempty: Yeah, abuja tinz, trying to arrange the movement I told u about. But the eagle is back on the thread....

Ok bro, e go be.. U can kick my box for a chat wen u r less busy..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by steve4ever: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
foohard:

I have my VISA, have my ticket.. Just the study leave that's delaying me.. Please house, my flight was suppose to be for tomorrow, how much does it cost to reschedule?
it is well with u bro....jst go tru their web or u call d persn in charge., dey can giv u detail u nid cus i think diff flight wit its price. Notwitstanding u can wait to hear frm big boss in da buiding. It is well says the HYMN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by roli21: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
Amefrica:

Ok bro, e go be.. U can kick my box for a chat wen u r less busy..

Bros hwva na..i mist u o..im hapy al d probs r resolved,,abeg u de on bbm..knack me ur pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by roli21: 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
i hv a pm 4 d ist time n i sti cnt read it..whew....i hv sercht 4 wer 2 click on d red alert icon bt its only dismis button der..pls help...sombdy sed i shud use my email..i dnt jus understand..oga justwise n odas abeg help o..im new 2 nl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
congrats @ Espice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
roli21:

Bros hwva na..i mist u o..im hapy al d probs r resolved,,abeg u de on bbm..knack me ur pm

Thanks bro! go to my profile and click on ''send email message'' i'll reply u with my pin..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2013
foohard:

Call the airline, reschedule the flight and stand on your ground (in the place of prayers now) that you are going on that day and nothing is going to stop that. They have no choice than to grant the leave.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
roli21: i hv a pm 4 d ist time n i sti cnt read it..whew....i hv sercht 4 wer 2 click on d red alert icon bt its only dismis button der..pls help...sombdy sed i shud use my email..i dnt jus understand..oga justwise n odas abeg help o..im new 2 nl

check the email you used when you registered here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
imperioux baba pls i want to send u a pm [color=#006600][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
RedReact:
Call the airline, reschedule the flight and stand on your ground (in the place of prayers now) that you are going on that day and nothing is going to stop that. They have no choice than to grant the leave.

Ameen!!! thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
@foohard,

Please leave them if possible. You ain't coming back to them anymore because you'll be too much for their pay. Let them continue with their unending meeting. angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
To eSpicy,

Cheers bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
Tochium: Thank you. I am applying at Fairmont State Uni now. I will order for ma TOEFL and Transcript officially sent to them. Thumbs up

I didn't do you any favor..... I know and I'm sorry. This is one of the reasons I don't support posting schools here (laziness). Because I posted some schools to prove your statement wrong, makes you fine without making more researches, cross referencing and having list of preferences.

What if you're asked by the VO, how you got the school and with those top schools in this program, why did you choose Fairmont over those aeronautic schools in CA, TX or AZ? How did you make your research? How many other aeronautic schools are there in WV or the east from your research? embarassed

Then, what would you say? ...... This Chinese VO badt gan o!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2013
foohard: Hello House,

I am seriously disturbed. the sponsor agency got me ticket for 23rd but my place of work refused to release me. I was told to change the booking to next week so that the committee can meet and decide if I'd be granted a study leave for the program. You know how government handle things, they may still now hold the meeting next week as promised.

I am going to study in USA on scholarship, My wife is a nurse in the USA and very comfortable.. The fair of the unknown is making me have a second thought. The only option I have now is to resign and pay 1month salary in lieu if I want to use the friday ticket given to me by the agency.

Do you think its worth starting afresh in the USA. I work for Federal Government here and still hope to work for Federal Government later in future when I return to Nigeria.

I need your candid advice on this issue.. Thanks alot.

Dude, forget about that study leave. Maybe God is trying to tell you something by the delays. Do not miss your flight ... resign and pay them the 1 month salary. Don't tie yourself down over there. The future is very bright for you here, trust me wink I had similar fears in my time but now I know better. If you're in IT and you're good at what you do, there is no UNKNOWN. You will get a JOB! And your Nigerian experience will count especially if you've got professional certifications to go with it. Even if you have to start afresh with entry level positions, it will still be miles ahead of whatever you're earning right now (adjusted for cost of living/inflation) and the quality of life is incomparable. Only challenge may be visa sponsorship but it appears that won't be a problem for you since your wife is a PR. Bro, don't modify the perfect script God has written for your life. Just go with the flow wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Jman06(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.