Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness (2870 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2013
mkmyers45: Entropy – a measure of disorder in the universe or of the availability of the energy in a system to do work. Agreed? Now cause and effect now tries to balances this equillibrium over-time [its an ongoing cycle] . So even if you detonate 100,000,000,000 tons of TNT..Yes it will have a devasting effect [Nuclear winter etc etc] but over time it balances up...Over evolutionary time there have been times when all-life have been wiped off but due to its rather incomplex nature equillibrium was re-established. Now consider a 'Heat Death' this is when the universe reaches thermodynamic equilibrium (maximum entropy) as it approaches absolute Zero meaning there will be no more energy to work. Now i know its indirectly related to the op but imagine every life on earth committing sucide. Where will the energy go? pardon my rambling..
Lol. My man, their is a difference between order and equillibrium.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. My man, their is a difference between order and equillibrium.

SHUT UP AND REFER TO MY QUOTE OF WIKIPEDIA.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2013
After quoting wikipedia, which has justified me, i shall take a rest.

see you all later. Any questions? refer to my quote of wikipedia. It said everything just as i have said it, but much more detailed
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by mkmyers45(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. My man, their is a difference between order and equillibrium.
In thermodynamics, there are diffrent uses/definition for entropy,order and equilibrium but by and large they [order and equilibrium] are an inperfect corelation
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

sorry if i missed the OP. i immediately referred to the effect of death on the environment, according to the second law of thermodynamics.

As i have said, if he could'nt find reason to live, that is his problem, the universe own no one sense of comfort.

This is why death exist in the first place, to ensure balance of the ever dividing, hence reproducing DNA molecules
Its high time, we xrayed the 2nd law of thermodynamics in relation to the op. You game?
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by mazaje(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

All hail ooman. . .I am really laughing out loud at this one. . . grin
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2013
Reyginus: Its high time, we xrayed the 2nd law of thermodynamics in relation to the op. You game?

simply refer to my quote of wikipedia, i dont have all day teaching you what you should have been taught in school!
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Lol. Okay I will
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 10:14am On Mar 19, 2013
mazaje:

All hail ooman. . .I am really laughing out loud at this one. . . grin

ok then, pls refer to my quote of wikipedia, how does that sound?
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 19, 2013
mkmyers45: In thermodynamics, there are diffrent uses/definition for entropy,order and equilibrium but by and large they [order and equilibrium] are an inperfect corelation
That's not my question. Let me rephrase it . Does entropy occur at equillibrium? Yes or No.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

simply refer to my quote of wikipedia, i dont have all day teaching you what you should have been taught in school!
What is the point of this forum if actually have all the answers, prof?
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 19, 2013
Pyguru:
Hi, I'm Pyguru. I recently became an atheist. Muskeeto has already introduced me and spoken about my situation, so there's no need to bore y'all with any other details.

First off, what are your views on suicide? With God, my life had meaning, I don't care if it was an illusion, at least I was comfortable. It reminds me of that Eskimo that asked the evangelist 'if you hadn't told me about hell, I would have a better shot at making heaven, so why tell me'.. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss and bliss is all that matters. So why didn't y'all just leave me in my 'caged' state, thanks guys, thanks a lot...

Anyways, better put your 'rational' brain to good use and give me one reason I should not end this life...

[/quote]

Funny post smiley

You can end your life if you want,but why? Haven realised you had lived a decieved life with religion is enough to wanna end it anyway. I can give you different options on how to end it free of painsmiley

. After slavery was abolished, freedom felt strange to the ex slaves. So i understand how you feel . Cheer up,drink some beer, roll with some beautiful birds and tell me in 2 months if you still would love to end your life.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 10:36am On Mar 19, 2013
Reyginus: That's not my question. Let me make rephrase it . Does entropy occur at equillibrium? Yes or No.

Did you read my quote of wikipedia at all, it has all the answers to your puerile questions.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2013
Reyginus: What is the point of this forum if actually have all the answers, prof?

Sorry but I think that the purpose of this forum is debating not lecturing, you wanna learn, go to school!
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Did you read my quote of wikipedia at all, it has all the answers to your puerile questions.
Lol. You have nothing.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You have nothing.

Black blah. You are a total waste of time. Will never engage you again.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Everyone gets the OP is a about a fictional character called Pyguru. The oodiot of a homosapien can't even process that.

And you expect me to take you serious. Lol

*off to open an account called ChristOoman*
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto: Everyone gets the OP is a about a fictional character called Pyguru. The oodiot of a homosapien can't even process that.

And you expect me to take you serious. Lol

*off to open an account called ChristOoman*

Look, stop lying on a fiction. If u wanna kill yourself, feel free, I dont care
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Look, stop lying on a fiction. If u wanna kill yourself, feel free, I dont care
Not everyone gets as emotional and upset as you do. You need Jesus.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto:
Not everyone gets as emotional and upset as you do. You need Jesus.

Who is emotionally upset? Me or you who wants to commit suicide. Perhaps you need jesus before you kill yourself.

Life is about survival of the fittest, no room for the weak so go ahead, kill yourself, it makes no difference and means nothing.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Who is emotionally upset? Me or you who wants to commit suicide. Perhaps you need jesus before you kill yourself.

Life is about survival of the fittest, no room for the weak so go ahead, kill yourself, it makes no difference and means nothing.
YOU win. You can't beat a fool at his game.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Even by atheist standards @ooman you're rather eccentric. Not even sure if troll. Incidentally, that's the mark of a truly great troll.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto:
YOU win. You can't beat a fool at his game.

you have to reply a fool, so he wont think he is wise.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf: Even by atheist standards @ooman you're rather eccentric. Not even sure if troll. Incidentally, that's the mark of a truly great troll.

the only thing i id was to present the 2nd law of thermodynamics as confirmed here: https://www.nairaland.com/1230274/striktlymi-davidylan-right-wrong
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

you have to reply a fool, so he wont think he is wise.
okay. Now feel wise..
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto:
okay. Now feel wise..

In your own case, silence is the best answer for fools. I have replied you enough.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

the only thing i id was to present the 2nd law of thermodynamics as confirmed here: https://www.nairaland.com/1230274/striktlymi-davidylan-right-wrong

So, why should one consider this when contemplating suicide?

Are you suggesting entropy can be stopped?

Are you suggesting that considering the size of the cosmos the rate of increase of entropy, or even just the amount of energy, this whole planet will use through its lifetime would have any sort of significant effect on eventual 'heat death' of this universe?

Are you suggesting that by dying another being would not be produced that will conserve whatever it is that you want to conserve? In fact it's possible that by dying one slows down the rate of entropy according to you as death of one being can facilitate the life of many others. Indeed, it does so a lot.

From other angles, are you suggesting a dead person can worry about entropy? A person facing an existential crises, asking what's the point of it all, should be concerned about what happens to this universe?

Are you suggesting I should really be doing something more productive with my time, something than this? Eg, watching paint dry? Ok, I get it

Etc etc

Edits
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

So, why should one consider this when contemplating suicide?

Are you suggesting entropy can be stopped?

Are you suggesting that considering the size of the cosmos the rate of increase of entropy, or even just the amount of energy, this whole planet will use through its lifetime would have any sort of significant effect on eventual 'heat death' of this universe?

Are you suggesting that by dying another being would not be produced that will conserve whatever it is that you want to conserve? In fact it's possible that by dying one slows down the rate of entropy according to you as death of one being can facilitate the life of many others. Indeed, it does so a lot.

From other angles, are you suggesting a dead person can worry about entropy?

Are you suggesting I should really be doing something more productive with my time than this? Eg, watching paint dry? Ok, I get it

Etc etc

Am only suggesting that death means increase in entropy of the environment and for that reason, he should not kill himself. Any other reason why he wanted to die is his problems. I do not care about him and his death means nothing to me or anymore but to the cosmos.

So I suggested he stay alive for the cosmos.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Am only suggesting that death means increase in entropy of the environment and for that reason, he should not kill himself. Any other reason why he wanted to die is his problems. I do not care about him and his death means nothing to me or anymore but to the cosmos.

So I suggested he stay alive for the cosmos.

This ignores more or else my whole post.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

This ignores more or else my whole post.

That is because your post is total nonsense and I never suggested any of it.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

That is because your post is total nonsense and I never suggested any of it.

You never suggested any of that? That does not make the post nonsense, but you'd need a working brain to figure that out.

So, if you don't suggest any of that, why is entropy relevant to this discussion? Those questions show some of why it's fantastically foo.lish to bring up entropy as a valid reason to not commit suicide (especially for existential reasons), no? If you don't think so, pls show how.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

You never suggested any of that? That does not make the post nonsense, but you'd need a working brain to figure that out.

So, if you don't suggest any of that, why is entropy relevant to this discussion? Those questions show some of why it's fantastically foo.lish to bring up entropy as a valid reason to not commit suicide (especially for existential reasons), no? If you don't think so, pls show how.

You must be a blind eediot. Did you not read this : Am only suggesting that death means increase in entropy of the environment and for that reason, he should not kill himself. Any other reason why he wanted to die is his
problems. I do notnot care- Etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why The Bible Was Deliberately Mistranslated / Can God Be Proven From A Blank Sheet Of Paper? / How Many Birds Were Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.