Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness (2869 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

You must be a blind eediot. Did you not read this : Am only suggesting that death means increase in entropy of the environment and for that reason, he should not kill himself. Any other reason why he wanted to die is his
problems. I do notnot care- Etc.

And you missed the parts of my post where I show that is such a stoopid thing to consider, probably even wrong considering how death facilitates life, even muslims would be ashamed to state it?
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

And you missed the parts of my post where I show that is such a stoopid thing to consider, probably even wrong considering how death facilitates life, even muslims would be ashamed to state it?

How does death facilitate life?
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

How does death facilitate life?

Wtf do you eat?

You alone die, that's how many other plants and animals get to stay alive by not ending up in your belly?

New ideas brought about by new generations, the cycle of life. These new population evolve new ways to be productive for instance, better productivity means better longer lives. Look around you, look at history.

Even manure in a sense ffs.

Etc etc

Now I'm really off to work. Which kind procrastination be dis sef....
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
Funny thread.. Some atheists need Jesus..,

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.

working on Pyguru's new questions..

@mazaje and @mkmyers will address your posts asap. Been on my mobile for a while...
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Anyone who wants to commit suicide should go right on. I have no time to babysitter any eediit whose life is a waste from the beginning.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by mazaje(m): 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
Shut up ooman!!. . . grin
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by MacDaddy01: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
mazaje: Shut up ooman!!. . . grin

Yeah...Ooman shut up!! grin grin
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Yeah...Ooman shut up!! grin grin

Shut up, ooman the homosapiens...
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Image123(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
oooooooooooooooh, never knew nl atheists had denominations too. They usually act all sanctified and straight. Anyways, what was that trash mazaje posted on the first page? Atheists that 'have it all' still contemplate suicide and feel empty. You really need to go round more or read wider, aexposure. And what was that preaching you are giving your congregation? Tiny tiny daily meanings and an ultimate cumulative meaninglessness? i don't buy that, at all, not even for free.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto:

Shut up, ooman the homosapiens...

die or find your motivation!
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by MacDaddy01: 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
Image123: oooooooooooooooh, never knew nl atheists had denominations too. They usually act all sanctified and straight. Anyways, what was that trash mazaje posted on the first page? Atheists that 'have it all' still contemplate suicide and feel empty. You really need to go round more or read wider, aexposure. And what was that preaching you are giving your congregation? Tiny tiny daily meanings and an ultimate cumulative meaninglessness? i don't buy that, at all, not even for free.

grin grin grin

Nobody is perfect....not even atheists....most atheists (ex-christian or ex-muslim or ex-jew) go through a depression stage after realising that they were lied to their whole lives. This gets worse if the atheists has religious family and friends.

I dont know where you got the notion that "atheists" have it all. mtchew
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01:

grin grin grin

Nobody is perfect....not even atheists....most atheists (ex-christian or ex-muslim or ex-jew) go through a depression stage after realising that they were lied to their whole lives. This gets worse if the atheists has religious family and friends.

Na you get time to answer dumb-ass trolls.. This particular one has had nothing to offer since the time of Abraham..
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by MacDaddy01: 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto:
Na you get time to answer dumb-ass trolls.. This particular one has had nothing to offer since the time of Abraham..

lmao
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman: Anyone who wants to commit suicide should go right on. I have no time to babysitter any eediit whose life is a waste from the beginning.

Eya, your intentions were honest. You thought someone was suicidal, someone who went out of his way to state he wasn't so in anyway whatsoever btw, then just posted the first thing that came to your mind? It's a little like this, even if not exactly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

wiki: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Your case was not malice, but you get the point (I hope). Anyways, that's no excuse to say something so spectacularly vacuous as most other people wouldn't do the same in similar situations. Trying to sound smart then failing risibly. Btw, I had to mention muslims before you realized the scope of your folly. You no try for them...at all.

Perhaps you should stop and think before you post? It helps. For instance, if I wasn't replying so quickly I would have noted that your eating other life to sustain yourself sort of illustrates entropy. Sort of. You eat the your meal, convert the poor dead whatever to energy, you've now switched from one type of order (dead meat) to another (energy/matter that you would use). You cannot convert that energy back into the meat. You could try, but not without loosing/expending resources which are lost irretrievably. So even if you were a supa-dupa scientist, whatever process used would involve you expending energy/matter irretrievably one way or the other. So the end result? Overall entropy always increases, or overall disorder if you like. Eventually everything will become essentially useless. This isn't the best way to put it probably, but it will have to do until I have more time to come edit it.

And don't get so depressed, you now sound suicidal. Do you need a hug? Even if it all seems pointless and what not remember that you could always set goals for yourself. You don't need god to do that for you, after all, he used the same tools you possessed to set out goals for you; consciousness. Don't you have people you want to help smile? Don't you have religionists you want to troll? Things you want to do, eg better humanity's lot? Think about that before you jump off a cliff.

(random: I wonder if I have to stress assuming in this case as well...)
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

Eya, your intentions were honest. You thought someone was suicidal, someone who went out of his way to state he wasn't so in anyway whatsoever btw, then just posted the first thing that came to your mind. It's a little like this, even if not exactly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Your case was not malice, but you get the point (I hope). Anyways, that's no excuse to say something so spectacularly vacuous as most other people wouldn't do the same in similar situations. Btw, I had to mention muslims before you realized the scope of your folly. You no try for them...at all.

Perhaps you should stop and think before you post? It helps. For instance, if I wasn't replying so quickly I would have noted that your eating other life to sustain yourself sort of illustrates entropy. Sort of. You eat the your meal, convert the poor dead whatever to energy, you've now switched from one type of order (dead meat) to another (energy/matter that you would use). You cannot convert that energy back into the meat. You could try, but not without loosing/expending resources which are lost irretrievably. So even if you were a supa-dupa scientist, whatever process used would involve you expending energy/matter irretrievably one way or the other. So the end result? Overall entropy always increases, or overall disorder if you like. Eventually everything will become essentially useless. This isn't the best way to put it probably, but it will have to do until I have more time to come edit it.

And don't get so depressed, you now sound suicidal. Do you need a hug? Even if it all seems pointless and what not remember that you could always set goals for yourself. You don't need god to do that for you, after all, he used the same tools you possessed to set out goals for you; consciousness? Don't you have people you want to help smile? Don't you have religionists you want to troll? Things you want to do, eg better humanity's lot? Think about that before you jump off a cliff.

(random: I wonder if I have to stress assuming in this case as well...)

yawns, absolute nonsense. Got no time to read this c.rap. There is nothing sensible that can come from a person who think that entropy equals order.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

yawns, absolute nonsense. Got no time to read this c.rap. There is nothing sensible that can come from a person who think that entropy equals order.

You really do need crayons, picture books (preferably with stories feature miracles), etc to grasp this.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

You really do need crayons, picture books (preferably with stories feature miracles), etc to grasp this.

blah blah blah of a pig!!
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

blah blah blah of a pig!!

lol

Anyways, in order to work I have to be seriously entertained by one thing or the other else my brain will fail to concentrate, hence procrastination. You, good sir, are just about providing enough entertainment. I might actually start working soon. Thank you
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

lol

Anyways, in order to work I have to be seriously entertained by one thing or the other else my brain will fail to concentrate, hence procrastination. You, good sir, are just about providing enough entertainment. I might actually start working soon. Thank you

can you just shut up??

Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by wiegraf: 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

can you just shut up??

Ok, ok. Just don't jump. We'll miss you, truly
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by ooman(m): 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
wiegraf:

Ok, ok. Just don't jump. We'll miss you, truly

IGNORED
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Black blah. You are a total waste of time. Will never engage you again.
Lol. Actually, you would be doing me a favour. Wiegraf will break it down for you.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
musKeeto: *off to open an account called ChristOoman*
Lololol.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Image123(m): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
MacDaddy01:

grin grin grin

would do you good to re-read my post again until you understand it. You may start with maza's post on the first page to 'hopefully' get some perspective.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by MacDaddy01: 7:30am On Mar 20, 2013
Image123:
would do you good to re-read my post again until you understand it. You may start with maza's post on the first page to 'hopefully' get some perspective.

Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Image123(m): 9:46am On Mar 20, 2013
MacDaddy01:

re-read it again and again and again. You can make it, you'll understand it.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
mazaje: What makes our lives meaningful is that we find the activities we engage in to be worthwhile. Atheims is all about the here and now. We have one life to leave and as such we should make the best use of it. . .I know that religion bribes people with the myth of the after life, but the here and now is actually the most important to us all. Even the theist that keep talking about the after life all cry and wail when they come face to face with death. . .Our determination to carry out projects we have created for ourselves gives our lives meaning. The things that make us happy and give our lives meaning like family, friends, good food, sex, educationalaccomplishments, music, sports and other forms of entertainment are not eternal but they all give our lives meaning. We feel that life is meaningless when most of our desires which we regard as important are frustrated. Whether we regard life as meaningful or meaningless depends on the degree to which our important desires are frustrated. The judgments that we make about our lives on these points are the same regardless of whether one's life is eternal or not or whether it is part of a greater purpose or not. Perhaps the secret to a meaningful life is to focus on those desires which we can fulfill and diminish those which we cannot provided that we know the difference between the two.

Life is very meaningful own its own. . .It doesn't require any divine intention to make it meaningful. . .We chose to give our lives meaning by engaging in activities that make us live happy lives which translates to meaning. . . .From the fact that death is inevitable it does not follow that nothing we do matters now. On the contrary, our lives matter a great deal to us. If they did not, we would not find the idea of our own death so distressing it wouldn't matter that our lives will come to an end. The here and now matters because what we do in the here and now is what makes our life meaningful. Meaning all depends on an individual. . .
Bravo.
Re: Atheism And Suicide... And Other Randomness by chukkynwob(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
One of my favourite threads of all time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why The Bible Was Deliberately Mistranslated / Can God Be Proven From A Blank Sheet Of Paper? / The Holy Prophet Tb Joshua Heals People Of All Religions - Like In The Gospels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.