Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? (1156 Views)

Is Smoking A Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by MRAKPORS(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
i am an addict, but i dont see smoking in the ten commandments.
I know of great people in the world who smoke marijuana.
so, what is sinful about it?
help
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by ooman(m): 1:09am On Mar 19, 2013
As an atheist, I do not regard anything as sin but behaviors that hurt or does not. Smoking marijuana hurts the human body. The marijuana smoke substitutes a natural substance in your body with itself, this is why you are addicted in the first place.

If this pace continues, it can kill you. Smoking marijuana is bad, you do not need a god or commandments to tell you that.

Go to a rehabilitation or use methadone-like drugs, it will help abandon marijuana and you will be free.

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by ruomal(m): 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
I am a christian and I believe strongly in the holy bible.Smoking of any sort is dangerous to health and we should try as much as possible to check into a rehabilitation centre.May God be with you.
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
MR AKPORS: i am an addict, but i dont see smoking in the ten commandments.
help

grin grin

no. it grew from the earth and is an herb.
we use herbs to clean, cook with and for medicinal purposes.
if there is no other substance added to it, i believe it's just fine.

personally i don't smoke...weed nor cigarettes but I'll defend the use
of this THC plant tongue because other than slowing one's reaction, it has no
other side effects.
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
help

The question should be; a sin against whom? I will understand if the doctor says its bad for your lungs,but seriously you sin against no one!
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
[size=32pt]WEED BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO THE GODS!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS FACT![/size] angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 05, 2013
Get high and pop those pu-C ....
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
Do what you..jeopardize your life expectancy..damage your lungs.
Gods are watching
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by MRAKPORS(m): 8:33am On Apr 06, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Do what you..jeopardize your life expectancy..damage your lungs.
Gods are watching

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN? angry
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Dazl(f): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2013
Smoking of any kind is nt a sin against God...its a sin against urself
u knw it damages ur organs nd will lead to ur death,yet u still take it...hw difrent are u frm somone hu hanged himself...
Ryt nw u are the one controling d marijuana...its but a while nd d drug will control nd push u to ur dwnfall
Go for help while u still can
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by bolaino(m): 10:45am On Apr 06, 2013
Smoking marijuana is not a sin, although as an agnostic I don't believe in the concept of sin, but speaking from a medical perspective, there's no apparent relation to indian hemp with any terminal illness and it's been prescribed to patients with cancer and other chronic illnesses, but everything has to be in moderation, but the good thing about indian hemp is u can't overdose on it, but just try to moderate your smoking and smoke responsibly, e beta pass cigarette,
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Unluvable(f): 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
'And God saw all he had created and look! It was very good' marijuana is part of the 'all'
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=32pt]WEED BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO THE GODS!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS FACT![/size] angry angry angry angry angry

LOL!!
im not trying to be funny but do you smoke?
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
Since this is a religious forum, I'll give you a religious answer.

James 4:17 "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

So it is up to you bro. If you think you should not do it but still do it, then to you it is a sin. If you think you are doing no wrong then it is not a sin to you. Although it might be a sin to someone else.

My personal opinion, if you care, no.
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by dowjones(m): 7:29am On Apr 08, 2013
my jamaican girlfriend introduced me to marijuana and i smoke occasionaly.. I really dont care if its a sin or not. angry
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2013
help
thou shall not over speed whilst driving is also not in the 10 commandments. What is dangerous about over speeding?

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by Yornandrew: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2013
There is actually no scripture in the Bible that proves that it is a SIN. But however if your conscience pricks you when you smoke it than, it is time to give it up. Also considering the health problems on chronic smokers. Overcoming the habit will be to your credit
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by CrazyMan(m): 10:52am On Apr 08, 2013
help
The Bible never directly mentions smoking.

But there are principles, however, that definitely apply to smoking.

First, the Bible commands us not to allow our bodies to become "mastered" by anything.

"Everything is permissible for me—but not everything is beneficial.

Everything is permissible for me—but I will not be mastered by anything" (1 Corinthians 6:12).

Smoking is undeniably strongly addictive. Later in the same passage we are told, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

Also smoking is undoubtedly very bad for your health. Smoking has been proven to damage the lungs and the heart.

So with or without biblical confirmations as to whether christians should smoke, it would be wise to refrain from actions that could damage your health eg smoking.
Re: Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? by MRAKPORS(m): 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2013
CrazyMan:
The Bible never directly mentions smoking.

But there are principles, however, that definitely apply to smoking.

First, the Bible commands us not to allow our bodies to become "mastered" by anything.

"Everything is permissible for me—but not everything is beneficial.

Everything is permissible for me—but I will not be mastered by anything" (1 Corinthians 6:12).

Smoking is undeniably strongly addictive. Later in the same passage we are told, "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

shocked

You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

Also smoking is undoubtedly very bad for your health. Smoking has been proven to damage the lungs and the heart.

So with or without biblical confirmations as to whether christians should smoke, it would be wise to refrain from actions that could damage your health eg smoking.

(1) (Reply)

Grace ( The Gift Of God) / Church Members On The Run As Members Keep Dying. / I Have Figured It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.