Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? (836 Views)

Is Smoking A Sin? / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Is Smoking Of Marijuana A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? by bingbagbo(m): 6:32am On Aug 16, 2011
I .am always in heated debates with people dat call it sinful, yet r not able 2 back it with scripture!
Re: Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? by HISchild: 7:48am On Aug 16, 2011
friend,

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

Thus, The Lord GOD says,

"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well." -1 Peter 2:13-14

"Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you." - Hebrews 13:17

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:" - Romans 13:1-3

considering GOD's word,  "herb" is illegal in most parts of the world, on this basis, one should not partake, in order to be obedient to the law of man in the jurisdiction wherein you reside, in order to be obedient to GOD.

------
As important, even perhaps more, The Lord GOD knows all things,   (even when & where the law of man permits),

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." -James 1:27

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." -1 Corinthians 6:12

"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not." -1 Corinthians 10:23

If one considers, as a man, GOD didn't make man to inhale smoke, harmful smoke at that. Consider my neighbours, and may GOD bless and help us for it is "not by power, nor by might but by my Spirit" says the Lord GOD.

Re: Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? by LagosShia: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
if you are a muslim,it is very easy to understand.it is forbidden to take any INTOXICANT regardless where it comes from;that includes marjuana and alcohol which intoxicate.
Re: Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? by LoveKing(m): 8:19pm On Aug 16, 2011
@op

dont listen to those two nutjobs above. none of them have been able to bring out a pin-point scripture to prove if smoking herbs is sinful.
did herbs fall from the sky? they will be ashamed to say God created herbs. for who now? and he gave man brain to be able to decipher herbs and smoke it. Its never a sin man, its what you do with your highness that accounts for your morality stance.
Re: Is Smoking Of Herb Sinful? Is It Scriptural? by LagosShia: 8:35pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ the above olodo

isn't it also okay to eat shit? its how well you clean your mouth thereafter that account for your cleanliness.

(1) (Reply)

All Churches Are Not Bad! Do You Belong To A Good Church? / Part 16 Physical Implications Of These Evil Practices During Courtship / I'm Nnamdi. I'm A Sculptor, I'm A Dad, And I'm A Mormon. . . Really?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.