Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,730 members, 7,959,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? (772 Views)

Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders / Kano Bombing May Have Caused Achebe's Death ā€“ Soyinka, Clark / Kano Bombing: Massob Threatens War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by silica(m): 10:29am On Mar 19, 2013
yesterday, the lives of over 25 innocent Nigerians from all parts of this country, were caught short by a suicide bomber in Kano. The man drove a Volks Wagon car loaded with explosive into the luxury bus park during the evening rush hour. what the barbaric killer failed to tell us is what he wants for which these innocent men, women and children must die. Interestingly, some persons are still calling for amnesty for them and the opposition is busy politicising the matter. for all we know, it could have been any of us reading this or our loved ones. Do these men deserve amnesty for their continued killing of innocent Nigerians?
Re: After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by Joeadamu86: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2013
The sincere answer to the Boko haram isssue, is that the Boko Haram is not even ready for any amnesty,all they care abt is killing innocent people,for all those who are calling for amnesty for the Boko Haram should have a rethink cos i don't the evil sect is showing any remorse, we must all rise against terror to safe our beloved nation.
Re: After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by Opiti99: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2013
Boko haram has committed so much atrocities against humanity. There is no need to grant them amnesty because God can never and will never grant amnesty to devil and his agents. They need to be wiped off the surface of this earth as their role model,the devil will be put to death at end.
Re: After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by Reptyle(m): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
silica: yesterday, the lives of over 25 innocent Nigerians from all parts of this country, were caught short by a suicide bomber in Kano. The man drove a Volks Wagon car loaded with explosive into the luxury bus park during the evening rush hour. what the barbaric killer failed to tell us is what he wants for which these innocent men, women and children must die. Interestingly, some persons are still calling for amnesty for them and the opposition is busy politicising the matter. for all we know, it could have been any of us reading this or our loved ones. Do these men deserve amnesty for their continued killing of innocent Nigerians?

Don't just knock people who are asking for amnesty for these criminals....come up with your own brighter idea. People who are championing the call for amnesty are doing so in response to the fact that the Nigerian military does not seem to have a hang of the situation. The nation is immersed in an intractable war in the north and innocent civilians are getting shot and blown to bits by bombs.

As unpalatable as the amnesty option sounds, it seems like the best option open to the government for now.
Re: After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by Camilia247: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
it so sad, this guys need to be crushed seriously, they have done enough, but wot really are the fighting for? it sheer wickedness, i'm telling u, instead of giving them amnesty, they should should just go and pardon one other thief thief politicians, haba
Re: After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by vladimiros: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
INFACT MAKE DEM CREATE FACEBOOK TO SHOW THEY ARE NOT GHOSTS

THEY WILL NOT GET AMNESTY
Re: After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by bubadaniel13: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
Reptyle:

Don't just knock people who are asking for amnesty for these criminals....come up with your own brighter idea. People who are championing the call for amnesty are doing so in response to the fact that the Nigerian military does not seem to have a hang of the situation. The nation is immersed in an intractable war in the north and innocent civilians are getting shot and blown to bits by bombs.

As unpalatable as the amnesty option sounds, it seems like the best option open to the government for now.
Why some people like you see Amnesty as the best option,do you think the Boko Haram have any agenda apart from wrecking havoc on innocent people and planning to islamise the the whole north,maybe you have not been following this people,they are hell bent on making this country ungovernable,as far as i am concern the govt has done well in curtailing them if not they would have done worst,we must all rise against them,i am not a pessimist but amnesty is not even an option.
Re: After Kano Bombing: Do We Still Need Amnesty For Boko haram? by Reptyle(m): 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
bubadaniel13: Why some people like you see Amnesty as the best option,do you think the Boko Haram have any agenda apart from wrecking havoc on innocent people and planning to islamise the the whole north,maybe you have not been following this people,they are hell bent on making this country ungovernable,as far as i am concern the govt has done well in curtailing them if not they would have done worst,we must all rise against them,i am not a pessimist but amnesty is not even an option.

I only reason along the lines of a pragmatic and practical solution in line with the reality on ground to wit, THIS IS A WAR THAT THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES CANNOT WIN!!! Yes, a few terrorists are captured or killed but the truth is that majority of the victims of the military campaign in Northeastern Nigeria are innocent civilians. They are caught in the middle of a war of attrition and getting picked up as trophies by both sides.

Rising up against them is a good option; but you know that that is unlikely to happen in this country right? We simply lack the guts to do that because we love and value our lives. this people who we are dealing with do not value theirs. So tell me how you intend to deal with a man who is not afraid to die.

(1) (Reply)

My Oga At The Top Says I Still Dey Kampe! / Help! Iā€™m Being Roped For Murder Committed By Policemen ā€“ Suspect Cries Out / See What Ouk Did With Abia Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.