Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation (2643 Views)

Read A Church's Regulation On What A Bride & Groom Should Wear For Their Wedding / Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 10:01am On Mar 21, 2013
italo:

There are two reasons why you think every Catholic priest is sexually immoral.

1. CNN, BBC ETC TELL YOU SO.

2. You want/like to believe it.

The reason CNN, BBC etc blow out of proportion the things that Catholic priests do is that The Catholic Church is the main institution that stands up and opposes their evil agenda legalizing gay marriage and abortion etc all over the world. There are many pedophiles in larger society but you dont put much attention on them because they are not Catholic priests. Ask any lady close to you and she will tell you that most girls are molested as kids by usually close relatives or family friends. Recently on twitter, some buffoon posted a horrific picture of himself putting his penis into the mouth of a toddler (girl). Did you hear any more on that story from mainstream media? No. why? Because it wasnt a Catholic priest.

And the reason you believe all the lies and exaggerations is that you are anti-Catholic.
When did I ever say or believe that every catholic priest is sexually immoral??....eh italo??.....when??..........

Besides I don't think the CNN or BCC are exaggerating........is the media trying to just smite you guys or that the acts of those priests who are culpabable are actually true??............eh??...........let's be truthfull hear...I know definitely that sometimes the media could be exaggerating,but is it a lie that there are so many cases of homosexuality and pedophilia amongst the priests??......
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by italo: 10:10am On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy the scriptures already proffers a solution to the constant happenings of pedophilia cases amongst your priests.........it is either you guys accept it or enjoy the lugubrious news that comes out of the RCC as regards there priests....

Matt 19:10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Who are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven, if not Catholic priests.

In all your years as a Jehovah's Witness, you have never come across that SCRIPTURE?
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by italo: 10:16am On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:
When did I ever say or believe that every catholic priest is sexually immoral??....eh italo??.....when??..........

I dont mean you think 100% of Catholic priests are bad, but you think majority.

When we say "every Nigerian is sharop", it doesnt mean we dont have dullards among us.

ijawkid: Besides I don't think the CNN or BCC are exaggerating........is the media trying to just smite you guys or that the acts of those priests who are culpabable are actually true??............eh??...........let's be truthfull hear...I know definitely that sometimes the media could be exaggerating,but is it a lie that there are so many cases of homosexuality and pedophilia amongst the priests??......

A look at the bolded tells your story.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by italo: 10:20am On Mar 21, 2013
You have not answered these issues I raised.

italo:

Majority of people in the world are free to marry. Where is the normalcy in the world?

Besides, why do you care so much about the the sexual inclinations of people you have called "satan worshippers" anyway?

Something is wrong somewhere.

italo:

I'm disappointed. My dear, for a Christian, there is no good reason to steal.

Proverbs 30:7 “Two things I ask of you, Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

Where does that passage say poverty is a GOOD reason to steal?

Going by your analogy, it would mean that "having too much" (verse 9) is a good reason to disown God.

AND THAT IS A LIE.

OH, SO YOU MEAN THAT CATHOLIC PRIESTS ARE NOT PART OF THE WORLD. THE TRUTH IS FINALLY COMING OUT.

I SAID IT, THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.

Anyway, Judas was chosen by Jesus, yet he was controlled by the devil. Jesus allowed that to happen to teach you guys a lesson. After 2000yrs, you still have learnt nothing from that.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 10:21am On Mar 21, 2013
italo:

I'm disappointed. My dear, for a Christian, there is no good reason to steal.

Proverbs 30:7 “Two things I ask of you, Lord;
do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

Where does that passage say poverty is a GOOD reason to steal?

Going by your analogy, it would mean that "having too much" (verse 9) is a good reason to disown God.

AND THAT IS A LIE.

How can you say you don't see the fact from those verses that poverty is one reason why one can steal or steal.??........and ofcus wealth is one good reason why an individual can abandon God.......If not why would Jesus say that it would be easier for a camel to pass thru the hole of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God........simply put.....being wealthy is one of the reasons why one can leave God,the same goes for poverty........poverty could be said to be a causative of theft/stealing.....

italo:
You have started the traditional protestant doctrinal dance.

We are discussing whether celibacy is the causative for pedophilia and homosexuality among some priests...and you have started the "where is it in scripture deviation." If I start it with you now, can you stand it? Okay, where is it in scripture that christians should not do anything that is not in scripture? Where is it in scripture that everything good is in scripture?
And I'm still on the issue at hand...........answer my question at least....it is scriptural and a requirement from God that unmarried persons be celibate until they are married,...and that if one is fed up with celibacy he or she can fall back to marraige so that he or she does not sin against God .......what is Gods requirement for those who have chosen to serve in the church??..........is celibacy part of it??......and what is the alternative for priests who earlier chose to be celibates??.....

italo:
OH, SO YOU MEAN THAT CATHOLIC PRIESTS ARE NOT PART OF THE WORLD. THE TRUTH IS FINALLY COMING OUT.

I SAID IT, THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.

Anyway, Judas was chosen by Jesus, yet he was controlled by the devil. Jesus allowed that to happen to teach you guys a lesson. After 2000yrs, you still have learnt nothing from that.

When you mention majority in the world I want you to be specific...have you forgotten that true christians are to be no part of the world??........

Judas was just 1 out of 12..........let the issues of pedophilia and homosexuality amongst priests be reduced to that level too...............marraige(an alternative proffered by God) for those who can't continue in celibacy would help accomplish that.......
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by bigmo1(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2013
Ubenedictus: I wanted to keep quite and not expose you inability to understand but you leave me no choice. can you see the bolded? The gist was written before the election of pope francis yet your thread reads "new pope to abolish celebacy regulation".
How can they know what the new pope wants to do when at the time of d writting of the article there was no new pope?
Infact the article you call your source never said anything about a "new pope".
So where did you get your story?
My source comes straight from the papacy. I only referred you to that link just to let you know that the Subject of putting an end to celibacy has been an issue long before the former pope resigned. And it may interest you to know that it might be one of the major reasons why he eventually had to quit the papacy. Let's not argue to much about it. Only time will prove you or me wrong.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2013
italo:

I dont mean you think 100% of Catholic priests are bad, but you think majority.

When we say "every Nigerian is sharop", it doesnt mean we dont have dullards among us.

A look at the bolded tells your story.

All I'm trying to say is that the media has been balanced with there news on the happenings amongst priests even though we knw that sometimes generally speaking media people exaggerate.........

If the media people are lying sue them to court na for passing wrong information to the public...............
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2013
italo:

Matt 19:10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

Who are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven, if not Catholic priests.

In all your years as a Jehovah's Witness, you have never come across that SCRIPTURE?

I have read that scripture so many times and can't see where it says those who choose to serve in the church must resort to celibacy......

Did Jesus say those words as a command for a class of people who choose to serve God??....my brother isn't celibacy a requisite for those who want to serve as priests according to the catholics..??...those words of Jesus never commands that.....that is why even peter who is purportedly the first pope according to catholics was fully married........
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by italo: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:
How can you say you don't see the fact from those verses that poverty is one reason why one can steal or steal.??........and ofcus wealth is one good reason why an individual can abandon God.......If not why would Jesus say that it would be easier for a camel to pass thru the hole of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God........simply put.....being wealthy is one of the reasons why one can leave God,the same goes for poverty........poverty could be said to be a causative of theft/stealing.....

Jehovah's witness, since you believe that there are good reasons to steal, rape children and deny God. I have to leave you with your fake christianity.

ijawkid: And I'm still on the issue at hand...........answer my question at least....it is scriptural and a requirement from God that unmarried persons be celibate until they are married,...and that if one is fed up with celibacy he or she can fall back to marraige so that he or she does not sin against God .......what is Gods requirement for those who have chosen to serve in the church??..........is celibacy part of it??......and what is the alternative for priests who earlier chose to be celibates??.....

The voice of the Catholic Church is the voice of God. God's requirement is what the Catholic Church says is God's requirement. I see you want to digress.

ijawkid: When you mention majority in the world I want you to be specific...have you forgotten that true christians are to be no part of the world??........

Judas was just 1 out of 12..........let the issues of pedophilia and homosexuality amongst priests be reduced to that level too...............marraige(an alternative proffered by God) for those who can't continue in celibacy would help accomplish that.......

1 out of 12? Judas is just the one who didnt repent.

Peter denied Jesus.

All the apostles were jostling for power and position.

12 out of 12, I say.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by italo: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2013
You said celibacy was against God's plan

Jesus thinks otherwise.

PERIOD.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by italo: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2013
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 10:45am On Mar 21, 2013
italo: You said celibacy was against God's plan

Jesus thinks otherwise.

PERIOD.
I never said celibacy is against Gods plan...I said preventing one from marraige because of service in Gods house is against Gods plan.......don't you get it??.......
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 10:47am On Mar 21, 2013
italo:

Was the apostle paul a catholic priest??......how about peter who was married??......there has never been a time in the history of Gods people were celibacy was a requirement for those who chose to serve in Gods house.......not even the high priest of the levitical times.....
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2013
italo:

Jehovah's witness, since you believe that there are good reasons to steal, rape children and deny God. I have to leave you with your fake christianity.
Lol...now you're reading falsehood into my words...remember I'm speaking from the scriptures...for you not to know that poverty is one reason why people steal is bewildering........when I say good reason I don't mean good as in propriety...when I say good reason I mean,cogent......amidst the other reasons why people steal,poverty is one of the causes of theft.......

Oya can you list out the reasons why people steal today??........

italo:

The voice of the Catholic Church is the voice of God. God's requirement is what the Catholic Church says is God's requirement. I see you want to digress.
Na lie..the voice of the catholic church is wrong this time..........the apostles who are part of the foundation of the christian church never instituted that requirement for men of service in the church..........infact the same apostle paul who chose to be celibate and not make it a requirement for service in the church penned down real requirements for those who choose to serve.....1 timothy 3 gives us the full gist.....celibacy isn't part of that list.......

italo:

1 out of 12? Judas is just the one who didnt repent.

Peter denied Jesus.

All the apostles were jostling for power and position.

12 out of 12, I say.

Oya make ona turn around and stop enforcing celibacy for the priestly class........
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2013
big mo:
The first sentence from the article reads
"The Roman Catholic Church may be open to
discussing its long held requirement for priests to
lead a celibate life as it prepares for a new chapter
with the coming election of Pope Benedict XVI's
successor, some church leaders have said."
Which schools did you attend? Were you not taught comprehension and how to deduce answers to from questions extracted from å passage? Or you want me to start spoon feeding u or breast milk you.
Most of these pentecostals amd atheists wil alwayz find a way to shove in baseless things abt catholicism.
Each time I came in here to see posts abt catholism, I would end getting anoid, cos I cnt find even a logical word that's being used against catholism. Dats y I said that 99% allegations labelled against this eminent church of Rome are sentimental.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:
I never said celibacy is against Gods plan...I said preventing one from marraige because of service in Gods house is against Gods plan.......don't you get it??.......
dats wot am talking about. All these fishful christians would neva b logical. Didn't Jesus said, "if u want to serve me leave ur wives and children". When he met peter he said" leaves ur family and all u've got and follow". Seriously, if u're a Jehovah Witness, I shouldn't b talking to u. I cnt see anyone affirming to b a Jehovai Witnes. Its a church in total disorder.
"How u worship reflects what u believe and what u believe determines ur life".
'Lex orandi', 'lex vivendi', 'lex trivendi'.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Chukskalidon:
dats wot am talking about. All these fishful christians would neva b logical. Didn't Jesus said, "if u want to serve me leave ur wives and children". When he met peter he said" leaves ur family and all u've got and follow". Seriously, if u're a Jehovah Witness, I shouldn't b talking to u. I cnt see anyone affirming to b a Jehovai Witnes. Its a church in total disorder.
"How u worship reflects what u believe and what u believe determines ur life".
'Lex orandi', 'lex vivendi', 'lex trivendi'.

Did peter literally abandon his wife( turn into a celibate) and the rest of his family because he was told to??.......

My bro stop being sentimental and let's discuss from the scriptures.........

Like I said earlier the man made enforced law on celibacy for the RCC priests is one of the reasons why homosexuality and pedophilia is prevalent among the priestly class.........

I don't know if u've seen this scripture...
some will abandon the faith and follow
deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
2 Such teachings come through hypocritical
liars, whose consciences have been seared as
with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry
and order them to abstain from certain foods,
which God created to be received with
thanksgiving by those who believe and who
know the truth.

The RCC should remove the celibacy law attached to the priestly office.......
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Rich4god(m): 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ijawkid... Let me ask you this question. Is serving God as a celibrate person against God's plan?...
From your answer above, i want you to know that, no 1 forces anybody in RCC to live a celibrate life. And if you think its only celibrate men/women that work in the catholic church, then you are getting it wrong. We have lay oblates(men and women) that are married and they serve in the church. We have Eucharistic ministers, permanent deacon, cathechists and host of others that doesnt require for some1 to be celibrate. So its not only the celibrate that serves God in RCC. Stop making blind arguement cos you dont knw much about the church.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by ijawkid(m): 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Rich4god: @ijawkid... Let me ask you this question. Is serving God as a celibrate person against God's plan?...
From your answer above, i want you to know that, no 1 forces anybody in RCC to live a celibrate life. And if you think its only celibrate men/women that work in the catholic church, then you are getting it wrong. We have lay oblates(men and women) that are married and they serve in the church. We have Eucharistic ministers, permanent deacon, cathechists and host of others that doesnt require for some1 to be celibrate. So its not only the celibrate that serves God in RCC. Stop making blind arguement cos you dont knw much about the church.

Serving God as a celibate person isn't against Gods plan,..what is against Gods plan is forbidden others from getting married by attaching and enforcing the law of celibacy to offices of oversight(priestly office in this context).......

when I say service to God In the church you should know I'm reffereing to the priests.........on what basis is celibacy a requirement for catholic priests??.....human precepts or scriptural precepts??....why shouldn't a priest get married??.....as long as the RCC is concerned celibacy is a must for those who are reaching out for the priestly office....na lie I talk??......
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by italo: 7:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
Who are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven, if not Catholic priests?

ijawkid:
I said preventing one from marraige because of service in Gods house is against Gods plan.......don't you get it??.......

...And are we guilty of this?

ijawkid: Na lie..the voice of the catholic church is wrong this time

So they are RIGHT at other times...hmm...tell me when they have been right.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Boomark(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ubenedictus: i asked you earlier, if celibacy was the cause of pedophilia and homosexuality, please tell me why those behaviours are found among married members of the society.

What you should bro asking is how common is it among married pastors. That is a fair comparison. Minus fake pastors. You then tell urSelf the honest truth. cheesy
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:

I'm nt saying marraige automatically prevents pedophilia or homosexuality,I'm only saying it naturally curtails it...depriving grown men the wonderful opportunity of being married according to Yahwehs arrangement because of some church duties or position is against Gods plan and thus leads to chaos......it is glaring that one of the reasons for homosexuality and pedophilia amongst the priestly class in the RCC is because they've abstained from marraige .............

Let them marry and you'll see normalcy......
sorry my dear u've gat d flow all wrong. People dont become pedophiles becos they were celibate, pedophilia is a deep seated attration to children right from youth, homosexuals do no turn homosexual becos they were celibate, as far as they can remember they also had an attration for d same sex. Giving an homosexual a wife doesn't change anything, it will only irritate him and he will still feel attacted to a man. Pedophiles will still go for kids. Your whole theory that if sexual urges are curtail it causes homosexuality and pedophilia is a very big joke that has no standing.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:

When you mention members of the society what or who do you mean exactly??....the entire human society that is under the influence of the ruler of this world(the devil) or professed practicers of Gods word??..........

The human enforced law on celibacy for priests like I've said is one good reason for the prevalent act of homosexuality and pedophilia amongst those who are priests........

Ok have you or any other person taken into account the ratio of pedophilia and homosexuality cases amongst the priestly class to that of the laity class??..........

How prevalent is this act amongst the laity class compared to the clergy class.....

Thank you....
and all this will metamophise into a scientific theory that says celebacy causes homosexuality abi?
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:
But you do know that we can correctly say that poverty is one good reason people steal....can't we??............even the book of proverbs says we should pray to God so that we don't become so poor that we resort to stealing.......we cannot deny the fact that poverty is one good reason why people steal........the same goes for the prevalent act of pedophilia and homosexuality amongst the priestly class in the RCC..........apart from imperfection and ones aTtitude towards immorality,abstinence from marraige is one good reason why these acts are seen among the clergy class.......you can't deny the obvious my bro.......
hehehe, so celibacy changes one from a heterosexual to a pedophile and homosexual abi? This is d wierdest stuff i've heard.

Unmarried christians should be celibate according to the scriptures until they are married not so??......that is scripturally correct and that is what God requires of unmarried individuals............now can you tell me what Gods requirement is for priests or those who wish to serve in the church from the scriptures??........
unmarried christain shuld be unmarried till they marry and the bible also say marriage isnt for everyone.
Do not cherrypick my dear.

The reason why there are so many pedophiles,rapists and porn stars in the world is because they are being controlled by the devil.....those persons are part of the world........anything goes for them...........
and sin in the church isn't the work of d devil but the handwork of celibacy abi?
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:
But you do know that we can correctly say that poverty is one good reason people steal....can't we??............even the book of proverbs says we should pray to God so that we don't become so poor that we resort to stealing.......we cannot deny the fact that poverty is one good reason why people steal........the same goes for the prevalent act of pedophilia and homosexuality amongst the priestly class in the RCC..........apart from imperfection and ones aTtitude towards immorality,abstinence from marraige is one good reason why these acts are seen among the clergy class.......you can't deny the obvious my bro.......
hehehe, so celibacy changes one from a heterosexual to a pedophile and homosexual abi? This is d wierdest stuff i've heard.

Unmarried christians should be celibate according to the scriptures until they are married not so??......that is scripturally correct and that is what God requires of unmarried individuals............now can you tell me what Gods requirement is for priests or those who wish to serve in the church from the scriptures??........
unmarried christain shuld be unmarried till they marry and the bible also say marriage isnt for everyone.
Do not cherrypick my dear.

The reason why there are so many pedophiles,rapists and porn stars in the world is because they are being controlled by the devil.....those persons are part of the world........anything goes for them...........
and sin in the church isn't the work of d devil but the handwork of celibacy abi?
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:

Besides I don't think the CNN or BCC are exaggerating........is the media trying to just smite you guys or that the acts of those priests who are culpabable are actually true??............eh??...........let's be truthfull hear...I know definitely that sometimes the media could be exaggerating,but is it a lie that there are so many cases of homosexuality and pedophilia amongst the priests??......
and d researchers of american schools once said "d child abuse and coverup in the american school system is 100 times greater than that found in the catholic church" uptill today there haven't be american teacher child abuse story flying in d news but we will find stories dating to d 80s recycled by d press as if it just happened when 96% of priest currently alive have never been accused of abuse.
Tell me again about inflated news.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:

And I'm still on the issue at hand...........answer my question at least....it is scriptural and a requirement from God that unmarried persons be celibate until they are married,...and that if one is fed up with celibacy he or she can fall back to marraige so that he or she does not sin against God .......what is Gods requirement for those who have chosen to serve in the church??..........is celibacy part of it??......and what is the alternative for priests who earlier chose to be celibates??.....

When you mention majority in the world I want you to be specific...have you forgotten that true christians are to be no part of the world??........

[b]Judas was just 1 out of 12..........let the issues of pedophilia and homosexuality amongst priests be reduced to that level too...............[/b]marraige(an alternative proffered by God) for those who can't continue in celibacy would help accomplish that.......
the ratio is much lower than 1 out of 12 incase u are unaware.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
big mo:
My source comes straight from the papacy. I only referred you to that link just to let you know that the Subject of putting an end to celibacy has been an issue long before the former pope resigned. And it may interest you to know that it might be one of the major reasons why he eventually had to quit the papacy. Let's not argue to much about it. Only time will prove you or me wrong.
oh please! Your source is pope francis abi?
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
ijawkid:
please do you know someone who was prevented from marriage.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 12:05am On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Did peter literally abandon his wife( turn into a celibate) and the rest of his family because he was told to??.......
i dont remember if his wife was even mentioned after he became an apostle. Only his mother in law was.

Like I said earlier the man made enforced law on celibacy for the RCC priests is one of the reasons why homosexuality and pedophilia is prevalent among the priestly class.........
yeah, tell me about your theory of how celebacy causes heterosexuals to become homosexuals.

know the truth.

i have seen it. It clearly says "in latter times".
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 12:07am On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

i dont remember if his wife was even mentioned after he became an apostle. Only his mother in law was.

yeah, tell me about your theory of how celebacy causes heterosexuals to become homosexuals.

know the truth.

i have seen it. It clearly says "in latter times..." if we forbade marriage like dat passage says then how come marriage ceremony are celebrated in d catholic church every week.
Re: New Pope To Abolish Celibacy Regulation by Ubenedictus(m): 12:11am On Mar 22, 2013
ijawkid:

Serving God as a celibate person isn't against Gods plan,..what is against Gods plan is forbidden others from getting married by attaching and enforcing the law of celibacy to offices of oversight(priestly office in this context).......

when I say service to God In the church you should know I'm reffereing to the priests.........on what basis is celibacy a requirement for catholic priests??.....human precepts or scriptural precepts??....why shouldn't a priest get married??.....as long as the RCC is concerned celibacy is a must for those who are reaching out for the priestly office....na lie I talk??......
yes!!! Na lie u talk, incase u no some catholic priest are married.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

90 Verses In The Bible Say Jesus Is Not God / Rwanda's Kagame Closes 6000 Churches, All Pastors Now Require A Theology Degree. / Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.