Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured (902 Views)

INEC Shifts Rivers Rerun To March 19 / 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by geeez: 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
An Improvised Explosive Device, IED, suspected to have been planted by the dreaded sect, Boko Haram has torn a JTF vehicle apart killing six and injuring two JTF personnel, eye witness who did not want his name in the print told DailyPost in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

The explosion which occured at about 11:47am at the UBA bank roundabout, in the Post Office area came barely 24 hours after gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram members attacked three schools within the metropolis killing some teachers, including female teachers and pupils.

Eye witness who gave an account of the explosion told DailyPost correspondent that, he was about going into the Union Bank for a transaction when he heard the heavy explosion only to turn towards the direction of the explosion and saw that the soldiers’ Hilux vehicle, which was coming behind had been torn apart by the heavy explosion.

‘I couldn’t go into the bank again as I ran to go and meet my wife in the shop. I actually passed the military vehicle when I was going to the bank. They were four soldiers at the back, two in the passengers cabin, including the driver with another in-front.

‘it was horrendous as the bodies were littered on the ground. people who were close and at vintage position said only two out of the eight in the vehicle seemed to be alive.’

He described the situation in Maiduguri as very unfortunate, and called on the Federal Government to do something seriously about such happening even if it means declaring a state of emergency in the state, if such can bring peace to the state.

His words ‘ I think from what things are turning into in the state, the point that some politicians are making in the past may sound reasonable for this situation. I mean the Federal Government should declare a state of emergency in Borno so that we would know that we are in a total military zone.’

Another eye witness also told our correspondent that, even though, he did not see any civilian killed when the soldiers arrived at the scene of the incident, the gunfire they came with may have hit some of the civilians around.

‘As I am talking to you now, I am in one of the shops at Ramat Shopping Complex. You can hear the gunshots, the soldiers are already there and it is not good at all.’ he said.

JTF spokesman, Lt Col. Sagir Musa could not be reached as at the time of this report, and the police is yet to confirm the incident, as calls put across to the commission of Police, Yuguda Abdullahi could not be answered.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/19/breaking-bomb-blasts-in-borno-6-soldiers-feared-dead-two-others-injured/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=breaking-bomb-blasts-in-borno-6-soldiers-feared-dead-two-others-injured
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by geeez: 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
In a related development a policewoman was shot dead in Kano...

A policewoman attached to the Zone 1 office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) was shot dead by gunmen in the early hours of Tuesday in Kano.

The policewoman, who was dressed in her uniform, was said to have parked by the road side to fix her tyres when the gunmen riding on a motorcycle shot her dead.

She was said to have been on her way to the office when the incident happened.

The gunmen fled the scene of the attack immediately after the shooting, which occurred barely 24 hours after a multiple explosion at a popular motor park in Kano killed more than 30 people.

State Police Commissioner, Mr. Musa Daura confirmed the killing, stating that already detectives have swung into action with a view to apprehending the assailants.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/policewoman-shot-dead-in-kano/142607/?utm_medium=twitter
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by basisop(m): 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
What should be done to boko boys? Some empty heads shouldn't come here to tell me "amnesty".
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by geeez: 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
They are fighting based in ideologies and you can't stamp them out in these parts with force
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by obitwo: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
These guys are back in full gear. God help this country
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Where is occupy Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by TechRev: 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
noblezone: Where is occupy Nigeria?
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by gulfer: 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
Why must the police always 'swung into action',are they monkeys for them to like swinging?
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by Tolexander: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
Was this not similar to what the militants did to the soldiers in odi village!
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by Abu34: 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Tolexander: Was this not similar to what the militants did to the soldiers in odi village!

so...
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by Gentletwits: 4:50am On Mar 20, 2013
gulfer: Why must the police always 'swung into action',are they monkeys for them to like swinging?
For ur information detectives are NOT police!Detectives are one of d 3 outfits of d dreaded Department of State Security(DSS).What u might know as SSS?
Re: March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured by gulfer: 7:36am On Mar 21, 2013
Gentletwits: For ur information detectives are NOT police!Detectives are one of d 3 outfits of d dreaded Department of State Security(DSS).What u might know as SSS?
The entire GSA are fond of making this statement if you must know, I only used the police because this is more common in their press releases.GTDA?

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Consumers To Pay N50,000 For Pre-paid Metres / Sanusi Lamido Exposed-how He Lavished Our Money On Woman!!! / Jubilation In South-east As Julius Berger Moves To Site For Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.