Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos (18507 Views)

Policemen Kill Trailer Driver, Assistant Over N500 Bribe / Ondo Policemen Kill Driver In Custody, Label Him Armed Robber- The Punch / Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Afolabs101: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
baffylander: What do we expect from this bunch of ill-trained, angry and sadistic killers in uniform? You only need to visit a police station once and you'd definitely leave with a very heavy heart...and SARS, kai these guys daily carry out extra-judicial killings daily without anyone of them being held accountable for these heinous crimes. I see a policeman with a gun be it at a checkpoint or on patrol and I know this is a man who can snuff life out of my body without any consequences.

Sad but true
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by okerelawrence(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote
author=4bobo]nawao . I witnessed similar thing recently when police
came for robbery suspect in my area in Lagos . I was going to the car
park and saw heavily armed police in mufty as if they were after bh
boys.
the suspect was lured to the bus stop as they have been waiting for him
over night and for many hours. I was still at the bustop when the guy
surfaced. omo come see shooting as they surrounded the guy and sprayed
tear gas to the guys face. the shooting went on like 10minutes for no
reason as they were celebrating and started drinking and sharing dry gin
before they eventually took him away as the shooting continued.
na real film as every one was running and hiding to avoid stray bullets.

they are really wicked and heartless without good training.
any hungry and trigger happy police men should be sent to kano to
further display their madness and may be their liver no go shake or
scatter. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
smdh
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by okerelawrence(m): 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=okerelawrence][/quote]
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
May God comfort and provide for those he left behind.

As usual, this would be forgotten in a few days. Sad!
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
nigeria=lawlessness, babaric savages. there is a very high probability the man was a law abiding citizen... but pple including police wanted him dead because of this good quality that is very scarce now in naija!!
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by rezzy: 10:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
Police, that is why armed robbers they kill una like fowl.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by picoba(m): 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
This is one side of the story. There may be more into it. What kind of business is Okoro doing? Okoro man.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Ama28(f): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hope these officers will be tried and brought to book.
He who kills by the sword goes by the sword.

They are this good with exchange of bullets yet terrorist are resilience to them!
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Osama10(m): 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
In fact anywhere I see those guys with their AK47 I normally leave that area very very fast oh because anything can happen.

Never argue with a man holding a gun.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
I suspect they were paid to assassinate the man. I won't put it past them to carry out hits.
This is why I find it hard to feel for them when they have misfortune. Those people can be so wicked and uncultured.
They too will get served eventually.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Costa2000(m): 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
Camilia247: Can anything good come out of the police? How can a policeman be consuming alcohol while on duty, so unprofessional like
Thats why i use to calm down whenever 9ja police stop me b/c they can do anything,as early as 11am some of them are drunk and smelling alcohol.They killed this man for nothing.I pity the poor widow.R.I.P
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Costa2000(m): 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
picoba: This is one side of the story. There may be more into it. What kind of business is Okoro doing? Okoro man.
Meaning?,so even if he is into illegal biz nigeria police has the right to kill him in front of his house.My dear what happend to him can happen to anybody,no one knows 2moro.so lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
I am not comfortable with the way Nigerian police kill people and dey go after wards d case is just swept under the carpet! I mean dis has become something else it is too much, we can't continue like dis, we re not animals, we must rise as youths to stop this!!! It just have to stop, we must bring d eyes of govt. In2 this, so dey can prosecute police o6ficers found wanting, becos dat is d only way dis thing can stop!. I am going to FB to create a forum and page about this, I'll paste it here when it is made known! And u all can come join me! When we have formed a formidable force, we shall get a compilation of all these cases n if possible, we shall get withnesses, proceed 2 different human right groups and also match down to notable offices, we shall continue till we see a change! Brothers dat is d only way we can effect change! Change will never come 4rm after u read dis u go to ur room n pray 4 Nigeria n d NPF, change will only come via acting.
Pls like this if u re in support, of ma plans, so I'll know people re willing 2 join my prospective fight. Long live Nigeria my beloved country.

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 20, 2013
http://m./114816478710206?ssc=0&_rdr

That is d group please do well to join, let's halt this menace delapitating our homes! If u have any real fact of police brutality and incessant killing! Please do well to post it there
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by cr7lomo: 12:39am On Mar 20, 2013
Godyke:

If you like vex go hug transformer, Nigeria no even know you before, because you are irrelevant. Did my comment give any excuse or in anyway support the police to carry out extra Judicial Killing?. As I said, Only God knows the truth. How can you tell who is telling the truth when all we know about the deceased as a business man. I was only asking out of curiosity and meant no harm. Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion but not to be a Judge, which am not.

Pls kip ur stupid senseless opinion 2 urself, I guess u r a police man urself. U guys r evil , dats hw dey harrasd my banker colleague @ oyinbo dat went 2 shop 2 his travellin d nxt day 2 d east, dey jst approachd him in d market and askd him 2 open his bag dat he ws using 4 shopping. He challengd dem and all of a sudden dey forcefully collected d bag 4m him nd threw a pistol inside and labelld him an armed robber, he taught it ws a joke til dey forcd him in2 dia bus and told him dat dey wil shoot him @ dia station, d boy startd cryin and pleadin . D bastards nw told him if he had atm , he told dem yes and dey said dat dey wud go 2 d atm 2 withdraw b4 dey liv him. Wen dey got dr , dey checkd d boys balance and it ws 62k, d bastards collected 61k and den let him go
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by lonelydora: 2:17am On Mar 20, 2013
That is why anytime Boko Haram kill them, i somehow feel happy. The SARS team will one day die in the hands of Boko Haram, and i will drink from 4pm to 10pm celebrating their death.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Patsey: 4:57am On Mar 20, 2013
This is one of the reasons why I've stayed away from that hell-hole and banana republic called Nigeria - where it's president (GEJ) is an slowpoke; its law enforcement agents, crooks; its shepherds, wolves; its surgeons, butchers; and its professors, slowpoke. I'll rather roast peacefully in Europe and die from the hands of the imbecilic, idiotic and trigger-happy NPF.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by ibkgab001: 6:55am On Mar 20, 2013
I will never ever like any Police they are bunch of Goats ... Don't blame them they are fraustrated loosers and am sure the hour will come when boys will confront them because I see no reason why they should leave there Job and arresting innocent Youths on the street,killing innocent people ois there apetite God will punish them all...
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by gogodaye(m): 7:17am On Mar 20, 2013
So sad a tale to hear from our motherland. Extrajudicially execute a man..... This is what we get from our occupation force officers. Bet you no ones' going to get questioned muchless punished for this incident. Our police officers have done this country much more harm than good. Gory examples the NIgerian civil war was occasioned by foolish inexplicable police action; boko haram menace started with police officers high~handedness & extra~judicial killings. The Lists is endless.....
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Ogaatthetop3: 7:33am On Mar 20, 2013
After killing 40 innocent ibos in Anambra state, the useless SARS now went to kill another ibo man right in front of his house in Lagos. And we know where these useless SARS officers come from...go ahead killing and fighting ibos in your lands! Useless barbarians!!
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Smooyis(m): 7:49am On Mar 20, 2013
When we suggest state police, you people will say Nigeria is not yet matured for that. But i guess we are matured for federal killer police ba?
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by joinnow: 7:59am On Mar 20, 2013
This PHCN sef.
The bizman was relaxing outside as a result of no light.
Let God give the family the strenght to bear their loss.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by silayo2008: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2013
Na wa o. This is crue. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by sayso: 8:53am On Mar 20, 2013
Nora okon: Eze Okoro, a 46-year-old man in Lagos was recently shot dead by drunk Nigerian Police officers in front of his house at 1, Oguntolu Street, Ijaiye, Ojokoro area, Lagos State, southwest Nigeria. But the police have denied taking part in his murder.

The policemen, according to sources, had been drinking for about six hours at a hotel nearby before they gunned down the man while he was enjoying evening breeze in front of his house after work .

After shattering his waist with bullets, the policemen who were said to have come from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja, forcefully took his corpse away and dumped it in a mortuary at Yaba.

P.M.NEWS gathered that they did this after the Ikeja mortuary officials insisted that before his body could be deposited there, they must fill certain forms, which they refused.

The circumstances surrounding the shooting of Okoro were still strange to the residents who told P.M.NEWS that there was no violence or robbery in the area that warranted such police action.

According to Okoro’s wife, Mrs Ugo Okoro, her husband, who is a businessman, returned from work on the fateful day, and because there was no electricity supply, they went and relaxed in front of their house to enjoy some breeze before going to sleep.

She said their family friend, Chinedu Nwanu and his wife, Nneka Nwanu, who is heavily pregnant, also joined them outside.

Ugo said it was not up to five minutes after she left them and went into their apartment that she heard gun shots and the residents started running in all directions.

She said while the commotion was going on, she heard her husband, who was wearing a pair of shorts and simple shirt, shouting that he was not a robber and was explaining to the policemen that he was just relaxing in front of his house.

“Nneka also fell down and started shouting that she was pregnant and showing the police her husband who was beside her. She was allowed to leave with her husband and one of the policemen shot my husband in the waist and he died on the spot,” Ugo narrated.

P.M.NEWS gathered that after they shot Okoro, they forcefully took his body away, perhaps to cover up their heinous act.

Sources told P.M.NEWS that the team of policemen had arrived a popular hotel in the area beside Okoro’s house in a Sienna bus with registration number KJA 280 BD and were drinking heavily in the hotel from 4p.m. till 10 p.m. before the incident happened.

Police sources claimed that the man was shot in error during a gun batttle with armed robbers in the hotel, a claim disproved by Okoro’s wife and relatives.

Even the hotel management told P.M.NEWS that there was no shootout between the police and robbers as claimed by the police and that they did not know their mission in the area that day.

The hotel sources, who pleaded for anonymity, said they only noticed the unusual presence of policemen which caused panic in their hotel.

One of the sources said that the policemne did not disclose their mission. Rather they were there having their drinks for several hours.

The source said it was later that they heard gun shots outside and residents including workers of the hotel started running for safety and that after some time, he got to know that they had shot and killed Okoro.

He insisted that there was no robbery incident in the area that day.

Okoro’s younger brother, Innocent, said he was informed about what happened and he immediately contacted other members of the family and they started searching from one police station to another for his corpse.

He said they went to many police stations and commands and to their greatest suprise, they all denied having anything to do with the incident.

Innocent said the search lasted for three days and there was no information whatsoever before they contacted a top police officer who made the police to open up.

He said the police then asked him to go to Yaba mortuary and search for Okoro’s corpse. And when he got there he discovered that the corpse was dumped there as an unidentified corpse.

He said the corpse was brought back to Ikeja General Hospital mortuary where he filled the necessary documents.

Innocent expressed shock about what happened and the way the police treated the whole matter by not even contacting the family because they knew he was an innocent resident they killed for no reason.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/19/man-gunned-down-by-drunken-cops/

Fashola you are the chief security officer of Lagos state. This will prove if you have any feelings for Ibos living in lagos state
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Queeniekruuz(f): 10:31am On Mar 20, 2013
Chai! Dose policemen re robbers nd i tink they were sent..ponder'n 2ru d whole story,y did they free d oda woman nd his wife nd den decide 2 kil d innocent man??hrtlez fools d almighty God wil repay them 4 their evil..wateva a man soweth dat shal he reap..mtchew.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by creativemusic: 10:51am On Mar 20, 2013
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by zynzyn(m): 11:52am On Mar 20, 2013
A classic conspiracy of 2 two major terrors of most Nigerians: PHCN and Police!!!
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Flygerian1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
More n more reason y I feel happy when a policeman is killed.
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by saintade01(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
Just this morning a coleague of mine was stoped at Palmgrove area around 7am. They were all stinky of alcohol and dangling when talking †☀̤̣̈̇ him. We hurriedly asnwered dem and zoom off.

Can they ever change?
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos by Tarelove(m): 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
Those policemen was not hight that is just a curver story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Guards Injure Each Other While Fighting Over N500 Tip In Lagos / 31-Year-Old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Drug Possession / How A Woman Was Randomly Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.