Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? (3499 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by amykelly: 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
Please if you have gotten a police report from the Nigerian Embassy in the UK. How long did it take? I just spoke on the phone to a very rude Nigerian at Nigerian Embassy UK and she practically hung up on me embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
You do not get police report from the high commission,if you have lost your documents,you need to contact the police for a police report.The high commission do not issue that.

Those at the high commission can be rude and very frustrating,you need to know what you want and the necessary documents that you need and how to get them.

Try the Nigeria high commission website,it might be useful.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
amykelly: Please if you have gotten a police report from the Nigerian Embassy in the UK. How long did it take? I just spoke on the phone to a very rude Nigerian at Nigerian Embassy UK and she practically hung up on me embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry

You don't get that from Nigerian embassy, the UK police issues you one though it depends on how many years report you are required to bring and how long you have being in the UK.

If you don't meet the condition to be issued one in the UK then you have to get a letter from Nigeria embassy in London, take the letter to police station in your area, pay and get finger print done then send the finger print to CID in Nigeria for police report.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by amykelly: 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
Thanks guys. Its not for a lost document. Its a form of CRB from Nigeria. I got a job with the Ministry and they sent me an email that they dont do CRB checks outside the UK but that I should go to my embassy and get a Police certificate clearance from my country. I need it ASAP but I have a feeling I will hear stories at the Nigerian Embassy tomorrow. The information is actually on the Nigerian embassy website and cost 25 pounds but my problem is that I need it fast. Has anyone tried to use the Nigeriancrb.com? Will give you guys feedback tomorrow when I get back from the Nigerian Embassy.
NB: I havent been in the Uk for long, just 4 months plus and I am sure the CRB is for way longer because the HR lady called it a disclosure scotland check...whatever that means. undecided
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by amykelly: 12:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
justwise:

You don't get that from Nigerian embassy, the UK police issues you one though it depends on how many years report you are required to bring and how long you have being in the UK.

If you don't meet the condition to be issued one in the UK then you have to get a letter from Nigeria embassy in London, take the letter to police station in your area, pay and get finger print done then send the finger print to CID in Nigeria for police report.

Hi Justwise, you were sooo right o! The embassy didnt mention anything about a letter. All they siad was that I should pay 15 pounds for postal order to Nigeria and 10 pounds postal order for administration fees for the Police certificate. I went to the embassy today and they said they have mailed me the letter. I got the finger prints done at the Police station and I didnt need a letter from the Embassy. They did the finger prints on their own police paper afterwards I went to the embassy and realised that they were about to send me to the police station with a letter I didnt even need. The lady at the embassy said its my problem from here that I should look for a way to send it to Nigeria.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by justwise(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
amykelly:

Hi Justwise, you were sooo right o! The embassy didnt mention anything about a letter. All they siad was that I should pay 15 pounds for postal order to Nigeria and 10 pounds postal order for administration fees for the Police certificate. I went to the embassy today and they said they have mailed me the letter. I got the finger prints done at the Police station and I didnt need a letter from the Embassy. They did the finger prints on their own police paper afterwards I went to the embassy and realised that they were about to send me to the police station with a letter I didnt even need. The lady at the embassy said its my problem from here that I should look for a way to send it to Nigeria.

Yes..tried that couple of year ago they charged me £15 for the letter i took to police station for fingerprint then sent the fingerprint paper to my brother in Nigeria who then went to CID to get the CRC done and post it back to me. It was a long stressful thing, if you have somebody who can do it quicker for you in Nigeria then it will take less time
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by amykelly: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
justwise:

Yes..tried that couple of year ago they charged me £15 for the letter i took to police station for fingerprint then sent the fingerprint paper to my brother in Nigeria who then went to CID to get the CRC done and post it back to me. It was a long stressful thing, if you have somebody who can do it quicker for you in Nigeria then it will take less time

I have a friend travelling back to Nigeria today. I will give it to her so that she can give my mother inlaw to help me get it done and then post it back to me. The paper they used for the finger print says for imigration/visa fingerprint with the metrpolitan letter head. Do you think it will matter?? The finger print cost 70.50 and I had had to beg my way into the police station because i didnt have an appointment today.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
amykelly:

I have a friend travelling back to Nigeria today. I will give it to her so that she can give my mother inlaw to help me get it done and then post it back to me. The paper they used for the finger print says for imigration/visa fingerprint with the metrpolitan letter head. Do you think it will matter?? The finger print cost 70.50 and I had had to beg my way into the police station because i didnt have an appointment today.

I paid £20 for mine, the letterhead is ok, nothing wrong with that at all.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by amykelly: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
justwise:

I paid £20 for mine, the letterhead is ok, nothing wrong with that at all.
The money I paid is still pinching me! lol! Thank you so much for all the advice.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by justwise(m): 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
amykelly:
The money I paid is still pinching me! lol! Thank you so much for all the advice.

No worries
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? by SayDLaw(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
@amykelly
amykelly:

This thread has been really helpful. But please I still need your advice on this. How can i contact you privately?

(1) (Reply)

Boeing Aircraft Price List For 2017 / Pre-travel: How To Navigate Long Doha Layovers With Qatar Airways Flights / The Ten Ways Plus One To Obtain/acheive Residence Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.