Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,377 members, 7,954,529 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi (1012 Views)

Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner / Between Obama, GEJ And Cameron, Who Did It Better? / [poll] Rate Our Dear President's Performance Through His Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by EteFlexible: 8:01am On Mar 20, 2013
Dear President Barack Obama: Greetings. On behalf of the good citizens of the District of Columbia, who, in their infinite wisdom, entrusted me with the Office of the Mayor, I am writing to draw your attention to an issue of urgent municipal importance. Although my aides here in the Mayor’s Office are yet to crosscheck things with Mr. Jay Carney, your Press Secretary, after he issued a curious statement today, I have decided to be proactive by reacting to that extremely disturbing statement.

Mr. President, it would seem that you have convened a prestigious summit between your esteemed self and four Heads of State from the continent of Africa. They have been invited to parley with you in the White House in order to explore avenues of strengthening democracy in Africa. According to the statement released by Mr. Carney, “President Obama looks forward to welcoming President Ernest Bai Koroma of Sierra Leone, President Macky Sall of Senegal, President Joyce Banda of Malawi, and Prime Minister José Maria Pereira Neves of Cape Verde to the White House on Thursday, March 28.” The statement concludes that, “the visit of these four leaders underscores the strategic importance the President places on building partnerships and substantive engagement with sub-Saharan Africa, and our commitment to working with strong and emerging African democracies.”

Mr. President, this is obviously an unmistakable snub of the Nigerian President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, who leads a country that prides herself as the giant of Africa. While we understand the fact that your administration needs to send a clear message of zero tolerance for corruption to the Nigerian President, who has acquired a reputation for running Africa’s most corruption-friendly government, we at the Washington City Hall would like to register our disagreement with your decision to exclude the Nigerians from next week’s parley in the strongest possible terms.

Mr. President, we believe that you have not been properly served by your advisers in this matter. We believe that the economic implications of excluding the Nigerians from this parley should have been painstakingly explained to you to help you reach an informed judgment. We believe that the economic wellbeing of a major American city should be more important to your administration than helping the people of one far-flung country in Africa deal with their corruption enabler of a president. At a time when most American city administrations are groaning under budget cuts, at a time when the ability of American cities to deliver basic services to residents is being streamlined to reflect the dire economic circumstances of the times, any opportunity for a massive injection of funds into any American city’s economy ought to be seized with both hands. Your administration is about to deny Washington DC one such fantastic opportunity through the hasty and wrong-headed exclusion of the Nigerian president from the forthcoming parley.

Mr. President, we believe that you are aware of the fact that the President of Nigeria does not travel light to foreign destinations. During meetings of the US Conference of Mayors, my brother Mayor Bloomberg of New York never fails to regale us with stories of the economic boom that New York City receives whenever the Nigerian president comes to town for UN functions. He and his wife are said to travel with a harem of presidential jets – some travel as advance delegations. The plane loads of raw cash and aides create an economic ripple effect. They stay in the best hotels, charter limousines, and spend days in shopping malls since they hardly ever attend the functions they came for.

Mr. President, you are perhaps aware of the fact that the 127th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union was hosted by our sister city, Québec City, Canada, from October 21-26, 2012. The word on the street is that the South Africans who arrived in Québec City thinking they had a huge delegation were humbled by the benumbing size of the Nigerian delegation. Almost five months after the event, I can tell you authoritatively, Mr. President, that Québec City, Canada, is still reaping the benefits of the economic boom created by the one-week presence of Nigerian parliamentarians in that city. Need one mention what the city of Dubai in the Middle East benefits from weekly injection of funds by Nigerian officials?

Mr. President, we urge you to seriously reconsider your decision to snub Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. It would be a great idea of you could even invite him ahead of the others so that he and his potentially large delegation could get to spend an extra week here in Washington. If he comes here with two or three jumbo jets, as is his wont, this translates to enormous parking fees for Washington Dulles Airport. He, his wife, and their aides are going to take over major hotels in the city and that would be a tremendous boost for our hospitality services. Our limo rental services are going to benefit immensely from the presence of a Nigerian delegation.

In addition, while Dr and Mrs. Jonathan spend time with you at the White House, two or three planeloads of aides are going to spend all that time in our shopping malls. Furthermore, virtually every member of the large delegation would take the opportunity to do a quick medical checkup. Since they have no medical insurance here, they would naturally be paying cash. Imagine, Mr. President, the possible cash inflow to our medical system in these austere times. We understand that Nigerian officials are fond of German hospitals. This could be an opportunity to showcase the superiority of American medical services to these petro-wealthy Africans.

Mr. President, I could go on and on with details of the economic benefits of having the Nigerians here. Please allow me to say, Mr. President, that for the sake of the economy of Washington, DC, the Nigerian president deserves to be pardoned for pardoning corruption. He is of more economic value to us here than the four African presidents you are hosting combined. I therefore look forward to being able to host him and his lovely wife here at City Hall after their White House event.
Yours sincerely,
John-Smith Budweiser
Mayor of the District of Columbia

Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by OurYansh: 8:06am On Mar 20, 2013
Now that's an Axe-kick well executed on the head of a doubled-over and dazed Presido!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by ochukoccna: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2013
I believe its called I Believe its called TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by killuminati(m): 8:46am On Mar 20, 2013
Ete Flexible: Dear President Barack Obama: Greetings. On behalf of the good citizens of the District of Columbia, who, in their infinite wisdom, entrusted me with the Office of the Mayor, I am writing to draw your attention to an issue of urgent municipal importance. Although my aides here in the Mayor’s Office are yet to crosscheck things with Mr. Jay Carney, your Press Secretary, after he issued a curious statement today, I have decided to be proactive by reacting to that extremely disturbing statement.

Mr. President, it would seem that you have convened a prestigious summit between your esteemed self and four Heads of State from the continent of Africa. They have been invited to parley with you in the White House in order to explore avenues of strengthening democracy in Africa. According to the statement released by Mr. Carney, “President Obama looks forward to welcoming President Ernest Bai Koroma of Sierra Leone, President Macky Sall of Senegal, President Joyce Banda of Malawi, and Prime Minister José Maria Pereira Neves of Cape Verde to the White House on Thursday, March 28.” The statement concludes that, “the visit of these four leaders underscores the strategic importance the President places on building partnerships and substantive engagement with sub-Saharan Africa, and our commitment to working with strong and emerging African democracies.”

Mr. President, this is obviously an unmistakable snub of the Nigerian President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, who leads a country that prides herself as the giant of Africa. While we understand the fact that your administration needs to send a clear message of zero tolerance for corruption to the Nigerian President, who has acquired a reputation for running Africa’s most corruption-friendly government, we at the Washington City Hall would like to register our disagreement with your decision to exclude the Nigerians from next week’s parley in the strongest possible terms.

Mr. President, we believe that you have not been properly served by your advisers in this matter. We believe that the economic implications of excluding the Nigerians from this parley should have been painstakingly explained to you to help you reach an informed judgment. We believe that the economic wellbeing of a major American city should be more important to your administration than helping the people of one far-flung country in Africa deal with their corruption enabler of a president. At a time when most American city administrations are groaning under budget cuts, at a time when the ability of American cities to deliver basic services to residents is being streamlined to reflect the dire economic circumstances of the times, any opportunity for a massive injection of funds into any American city’s economy ought to be seized with both hands. Your administration is about to deny Washington DC one such fantastic opportunity through the hasty and wrong-headed exclusion of the Nigerian president from the forthcoming parley.

Mr. President, we believe that you are aware of the fact that the President of Nigeria does not travel light to foreign destinations. During meetings of the US Conference of Mayors, my brother Mayor Bloomberg of New York never fails to regale us with stories of the economic boom that New York City receives whenever the Nigerian president comes to town for UN functions. He and his wife are said to travel with a harem of presidential jets – some travel as advance delegations. The plane loads of raw cash and aides create an economic ripple effect. They stay in the best hotels, charter limousines, and spend days in shopping malls since they hardly ever attend the functions they came for.

Mr. President, you are perhaps aware of the fact that the 127th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union was hosted by our sister city, Québec City, Canada, from October 21-26, 2012. The word on the street is that the South Africans who arrived in Québec City thinking they had a huge delegation were humbled by the benumbing size of the Nigerian delegation. Almost five months after the event, I can tell you authoritatively, Mr. President, that Québec City, Canada, is still reaping the benefits of the economic boom created by the one-week presence of Nigerian parliamentarians in that city. Need one mention what the city of Dubai in the Middle East benefits from weekly injection of funds by Nigerian officials?

Mr. President, we urge you to seriously reconsider your decision to snub Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. It would be a great idea of you could even invite him ahead of the others so that he and his potentially large delegation could get to spend an extra week here in Washington. If he comes here with two or three jumbo jets, as is his wont, this translates to enormous parking fees for Washington Dulles Airport. He, his wife, and their aides are going to take over major hotels in the city and that would be a tremendous boost for our hospitality services. Our limo rental services are going to benefit immensely from the presence of a Nigerian delegation.

In addition, while Dr and Mrs. Jonathan spend time with you at the White House, two or three planeloads of aides are going to spend all that time in our shopping malls. Furthermore, virtually every member of the large delegation would take the opportunity to do a quick medical checkup. Since they have no medical insurance here, they would naturally be paying cash. Imagine, Mr. President, the possible cash inflow to our medical system in these austere times. We understand that Nigerian officials are fond of German hospitals. This could be an opportunity to showcase the superiority of American medical services to these petro-wealthy Africans.

Mr. President, I could go on and on with details of the economic benefits of having the Nigerians here. Please allow me to say, Mr. President, that for the sake of the economy of Washington, DC, the Nigerian president deserves to be pardoned for pardoning corruption. He is of more economic value to us here than the four African presidents you are hosting combined. I therefore look forward to being able to host him and his lovely wife here at City Hall after their White House event.
Yours sincerely,
John-Smith Budweiser
Mayor of the District of Columbia
Now this dude don budweiser Gejshocked yepaa! Omo see punch linesshocked abeg who exactly is this guy?
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by pomporiking: 9:28am On Mar 20, 2013
We don hear jhor..go rub oil for your head come back oloriburuku
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by oluwadare26(m): 10:04am On Mar 20, 2013
Omo, c how they rubbish Nigeria., so he want us in U.S just to boost their economic value
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by vanstanzy(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2013
Have u heard that music *Cry me a river!*. GEJ and PDP should cover their faces in S*H*A*M*E.

Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by vanstanzy(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2013
Of a truth, Jona-daft runs the MOST CORRUPTION FRIENDLY and (let me add mine) MOST DISAPPOINTING

GOVT
in Nigerias history. Gbam! angry angry angry angry *Group disappointment!*

Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by Israelmossaic: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2013
From his face, you can see that he just finished smoking weed. Obviously he can't think straight.

1 Like

Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by takedat(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
Vintage Pius! Whether the article was laced with cynicism and full of sarcasm or not, it is the absolute truth! Our leaders are a bunch of parasitic wastrels, their penchant for flamboyant showmanship is repugnant! Crazy people!
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by SlyIg(f): 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
For how long will the world keep mocking at us?
Oh God, help us.
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
Having read the write-up above raptly, it's therefore an unequivocal truth that the author is nothing but an appendage of the PDP based in the diaspora who are bent on subverting the utmost interest of the poor Nigerian Masses.

I am delighted to opine that the U.S government knows the Nigerian government too well to be deceived by your purported letter to President Barrack Obama. America as a Nation has toiled the soil so hard and have collectively built where it stands today and neither the author of the said letter or the chalatants in GEJ's adminstration can mislead the U.S government to erroneous think that things are working out well as it ought to be. The American government and people are close observers of happenings here in Nigeria and they can't be fooled by the fabricated and ill-fated policies our so called governments here sell to them. We do not have democracy here in Nigeria as what we have is aristocracy which is the government of the few previleged and by these few previleged.
Truth be told, the U.S government called other four African leaders to a summit at the white house with a view to discussing ways of strengthening democratic institutions and so therefore, I challenge the author of the letter to give just one good reason why Badluck Jonathan should be invited. Do you want him to infect the white house with the virus called corruption? Do you think the meeting is to make cheap political points that cannot be accounted for? Do you think the U.S government government will want to waiste tax payers money of providing feeding and shelter for the so called Nigerian government officials numbering about 250 personnels that will accompany our myopic and ill-informed leader? Of course, you shouldn't have forgotten so soon the antecedent of his wife, Patience Jonathan when it come to reckless spending. I am sure you have heard her demand for 4 billion naira just to build the first lady's mission house when the constitution does not even recognise the office of the first lady.

My humble appeal goes to the U.S government that they should henceforth discontinue any further dealing with the Nigerian government until our self acclaimed government lives up to her responsibilities with it owes her down trodden citizens else, the U.S government will become corruption infected like their nigerian counterpart. I believe I speak the minds of the ordinary Nigerian
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by SlyIg(f): 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
killuminati: Now this dude don budweiser Gejshocked yepaa! Omo see punch linesshocked abeg who exactly is this guy?
My dear, look here! You didn't need to quote all that just to make this few lines of comments,Ok?
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by vizboy(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
TRASH WRITE UP BY A DUMB SKULL

1 Like

Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by takedat(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
Vision2017: Having read the write-up above raptly, it's therefore an unequivocal truth that the author is nothing but an appendage of the PDP based in the diaspora who are bent on subverting the utmost interest of the poor Nigerian Masses.

I am delighted to opine that the U.S government knows the Nigerian government too well to be deceived by your purported letter to President Barrack Obama. America as a Nation has toiled the soil so hard and have collectively built where it stands today and neither the author of the said letter or the chalatants in GEJ's adminstration can mislead the U.S government to erroneous think that things are working out well as it ought to be. The American government and people are close observers of happenings here in Nigeria and they can't be fooled by the fabricated and ill-fated policies our so called governments here sell to them. We do not have democracy here in Nigeria as what we have is aristocracy which is the government of the few previleged and by these few previleged.
Truth be told, the U.S government called other four African leaders to a summit at the white house with a view to discussing ways of strengthening democratic institutions and so therefore, I challenge the author of the letter to give just one good reason why Badluck Jonathan should be invited. Do you want him to infect the white house with the virus called corruption? Do you think the meeting is to make cheap political points that cannot be accounted for? Do you think the U.S government government will want to waiste tax payers money of providing feeding and shelter for the so called Nigerian government officials numbering about 250 personnels that will accompany our myopic and ill-informed leader? Of course, you shouldn't have forgotten so soon the antecedent of his wife, Patience Jonathan when it come to reckless spending. I am sure you have heard her demand for 4 billion naira just to build the first lady's mission house when the constitution does not even recognise the office of the first lady.

My humble appeal goes to the U.S government that they should henceforth discontinue any further dealing with the Nigerian government until our self acclaimed government lives up to her responsibilities with it owes her down trodden citizens else, the U.S government will become corruption infected like their nigerian counterpart. I believe I speak the minds of the ordinary Nigerian
Sorry, you have to re-read the article so as to get the message in it. Its a satirical piece laced with sarcasm, with the intent of mocking our junketing profligate leaders who see these foreign trips as an avenue to show the world how wasteful and reckless they are!
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by takedat(m): 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
vizboy: TRASH WRITE UP BY A DUMB SKULL
Another airhead!
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by Dibiachukwu: 7:35am On Mar 23, 2013
Chai see some people from certain part of the country disgracing themselves. That man doesn't know how much of a tool, he sounds. Just because they lost an election, they have turned themselves to shameless traitors. This individuals want us to vote them in 2015, after all these their moronic antics. What a shame embarassed
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by Caseless: 8:40am On Mar 23, 2013
"He should be pardoned for pardoning corruption"...funniest line of the whole write-up.

Where are Gej's hired mouthpiece on nairaland?

Sms...
Re: Dear President Obama, GEJ Must Be Invited To Washington! By Pius Adesanmi by Caseless: 8:44am On Mar 23, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Chai see some people from certain part of the country disgracing themselves. That man doesn't know how much of a tool, he sounds. Just because they lost an election, they have turned themselves to shameless traitors. This individuals want us to vote them in 2015, after all these their moronic antics. What a shame embarassed
he dosn't sound a 'tool', he's only trying to make u see the megascopic curruption in ur country that's ochestrated by ur president and his cabinet.

(1) (Reply)

What Does Our Politicians Do At their spare Time / Sheraton Hotel Ikeja Banquet Hall Roof Collapse / 19 Killed, Four Villages Sackedover Death Of Two Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.