Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 (12916 Views)

Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused / Sanusi To FG: Dont Overspend On Military Operations, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Inoknowbook: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Peterwins: The topic is rather misleading. His tenure will end in 2014 and he doesn't expect the President to re-appoint him after so much unnecessary invectives from him.

The CBN is quite institutionalised and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to be the governor. Sanusi displayed so much arrogance as if he was the one that created the policies he simply implemented. I guess Soludo did same.

The policies of most central banks around the world are policies according to the Basel Accords (Basel I, II and III). The policies implemented by former CBN governor Soludo and those implemented by Sanusi are policies created (recommendations) abroad in Basel Switzerland by the Basel committee on banking supervision.

As a CBN governor you simply domesticate these policies (Basel Accords). I was amazed he acted (perhaps he was ignorant then) as if it was Soludo that really created the consolidation policy and other policies when he was made the CBN governor.

Nigerians really need proper information and not junk journalism these days.

Point of correction, the duties of a central bank governor does not start and end with banking supervision. They still have other monetary issues to take care of, they monitor the economy carefully to see when the need to intervene through monetary measures arises. For example, if they feel that there is a lot of money in circulation and which may likely result to inflation, they have a way of reducing that. Bernanke, for instance, has been able to spur US economy into growth by the fiscal and monetary measures he introduces at intervals.

For your information, Basel Accord is not a once size fit all measure. It is an understanding between nations on how international banking operation should be ran. It is now left for individual nations to tailor it to their specific environment and make modifications whenever necessary. It is very ridiculous for you to say that it contains rules and measures for banking supervision for every country that is a signatory. Each country has its own peculiarities, and a measure that works for instance, in the US, may not be good for Nigeria.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Peterwins(m): 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Hmm, a very sane take on the topic. Though it's no secret that it is usually about the man and not the institution in Africa. We have simply not arrived at that level of organization. It's very normal in our societies for individuals to adopt a 'maverick' toga and hog the limelight, rather than focus on what results are required of the institutions they manage.

Sanusi, like 90% of African bureaucrats, is no exception. That's why you see extreme adulation on one side, and extreme vituperations on the other. He's tried to use his position to cast himself as some kind of political contender, which is ridiculous in my view. Similar to Ribadu assuming that his stint as EFCC chairman was sufficient to run for office as president. Sanusi definitely should leave the office in 2014.

They ride on the ignorance of a greater percentage of the population. Most times I really don't comment on national issues because of the display of so much mis-information.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 21, 2013
Sanusi is the only Presidential Candidate I can vote aside GEJ. He is a smart, intelligent and firm human being. I love this great Mallam.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Peterwins(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
I no know book:

Point of correction, the duties of a central bank governor does not start and end with banking supervision. They still have other monetary issues to take care of, they monitor the economy carefully to see when the need to intervene through monetary measures arises. For example, if they feel that there is a lot of money in circulation and which may likely result to inflation, they have a way of reducing that. Bernanke, for instance, has been able to spur US economy into growth by the fiscal and monetary measures he introduces at intervals.

For your information, Basel Accord is not a once size fit all measure. It is an understanding between nations on how international banking operation should be ran. It is now left for individual nations to tailor it to their specific environment and make modifications whenever necessary. It is very ridiculous for you to say that it contains rules and measures for banking supervision for every country that is a signatory. Each country has its own peculiarities, and a measure that works for instance, in the US, may not be good for Nigeria.

^^^^Yet another display of ignorance and arrogance. Did you miss the word "domesticated" in my previous comment.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Inoknowbook: 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
Peterwins:

^^^^Yet another display of ignorance and arrogance. Did you miss the word "domesticated" in my previous comment.

My fellow nairalander, you have to mind the the language you use. You don't 'domesticate' a law or an agreement. It is not a wild animal that needs domestication. That not withstanding, let me assume you meant modification, your comment did not come out the way you may have intended. You came out as suggesting that central bank governors apply the Basel accord hook line and sinker, despite your using 'domesticate' If I may quote a paragraph of your comment:

'The policies of most central banks around the world are policies according to the Basel Accords (Basel I, II and III). The policies implemented by former CBN governor Soludo and those implemented by Sanusi are policies created (recommendations) abroad in Basel Switzerland by the Basel committee on banking supervision.[/b][/b]

As a CBN governor you simply domesticate these policies (Basel Accords). I was amazed he acted (perhaps he was ignorant then) as if it was Soludo that really created the consolidation policy and other policies when he was made the CBN governor.'

The first paragraph above and the use of the word 'simply' suggests that there is no thought process whatsoever undertaken by the central governors when implementing Basel accord, your usage of 'domesticate' not withstanding.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by DANSULEIMAN(m): 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Is Sanusi quiting or his tenure is coming to an end? Please don't make it look as if he has the power to stay beyond that time. I wish today is june,2014 already. Boko Haram of the banking sector.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by lateef4me(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish.....Sanusi is an ex-convict who would not have risen to higher position but for his royal lineage !
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
A rare and admirable Nigerian, although not without fault (He is human after all). I wish him the best in his future endeavours.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by OluEmmaAss: 8:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Fashola and Goodluck said so. Let's wait till next year.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by COOLDUN: 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
qhiwegh:

Oh shut up! Just because you can afford quality goods doesn't mean everyone can. I mean good for you and all, but the truth is that many people still can't, and that's the truth. When people buy a substandard chinko product, they know it's substandard, but they make the conscious to buy it anyway because they think it's still a good deal. What part of this simple logic you can't get through your thick head?

I'm not praising them. I'm not saying they're here to help us. They're here for their own benefit. But we also benefit from them being here. How else could someone with only 5000 Naira afford a smartphone? And that's a fact. Whereas, when Westerners come to Africa, they invariably want to subjugate us under their yoke.

Please my dear stop wasting your energy and knowledge on this fellow, no matter how long a stone may dwell in the water it can never be as soft as a foam. There are people who comment just for comment sake, i have been following your most factual, wise and well constructed comments and found out that the fellow you are arguing with is not your match, we argue to learn, not to learn to argue. Even in the developed countries there are all categories of Chinese products, both cheap, cheaper, cheapest ones, it depends on the one you can afford.

China never stop any local productions, it is the bad and poor leadership of the African countries that makes them to be always complainants, the Western countries closed their doors for easier business transactions through their tough visa and immigration policies, China made theirs easier and now we are complaining. Is it a must to buy Chinese goods? if you don't like them and you are capable of buying the best and expensive products from the western countries, then go ahead, but stop disturbing other people who cannot afford them.

Nigeria and most of African governments have successfully eradicated the MIDDLE CLASS in their societies there by creating a very large margin between the rich and the poor. So we should stop blaming Chinese people whom through their business relationship most families are able to put food on their tables today.

Can anyone tell us any good thing or progress we have gotten from the Western countries in Nigeria? except FAIRLY USED ECONOMICAL/POLITICAL POLICIES that is almost sending the country to her grave. We only record our economical growth and success on the pages of newspaper. Honestly i love your intelligent comments my dear keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Costa2000(m): 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
Good for him.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Policewoman(f): 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by MeAboki(m): 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
Mark my words, majority of those ignorantly welcoming SLS early departure will no doubt be amongst those who Will later be extolling his virtues and wishing he was still around. Simply put, ppl like Sanusi come only few and far in between.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by tomakint: 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
The same Sanusi who was running the CBN like a Caliphate? Abeg make the man go siddon undecided
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by ewet: 12:15am On Mar 22, 2013
What ever you fill about tht guy,all i know is tht i like his charisma and the way he goes abt stating his convictions on issues.He his not the type tht plays to the gallery and is scared not to state his mind.The type of intellectual we need in our political space and he strikes me as some1 who is fearless in taking on the problems of this country headon without fear or favor.
Under him naija has experienced macro economic stability, a much more stable banking industry,his policies have bin top notch and he has not stopped short of pointing out the wanton recklessness of our politicians and how they are taking Naija at supersonic speed to total destruction.SANUSI FOR PRESIDENT 2015! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by ewet: 12:19am On Mar 22, 2013
HammedSodiqq: No body will consider him. He should start packing, before he comes up with 5000 naira note again. Make him go wait for traditional title.
The 5k note issue was not his fault. He was only trying to make us realise tht the way the politicians were running the economy tht it was not sustainable with the present monetary structure. and tht nigeria was tethering on the brink of crumbling inflationary effect of govt's lack of fiscal discipline.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by ewet: 12:25am On Mar 22, 2013
khamas19: Good riddance ....wait sef...not so fast..his tenure, which was fraught with allegations of misconduct,ought to be reviewed...all in due time sha
To me tht guy is the best CBN gov naija ever had. He is a gladiator who fears no foe and takes no prisoner.He his a courageouss leader who stands by his convictions and is always ready to offer informed postulations abt his policies.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Nonybb: 1:18am On Mar 22, 2013
Verbes:

Sanusi will always be my man.
but hes a hidden jihadist, dats all
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Nonybb: 1:22am On Mar 22, 2013
IF SANUSI BECOMES THE LEADER OF THIS COUNTRY OR PERPHAPS, OF ANY ELECTIVE OFFICE OF DECISION MAKING BODY, I FEAR FOR MY LIFE!!! HES A POTENTIAL RELIGIOUS BIGOT OF ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS CULT
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Bobandgreat: 2:42am On Mar 22, 2013
Sanusi is only practicing his proffession. He majored in Islamic studies. The man is number one Boko Haram in this world. I think he is the one incharge of Shekau. May God punish that man and the religion, tribe and region that spawned the devilish being. To hell where he came from.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by ifebosco: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2013
EagleNest: Nice move, perhaps to prepare for 2015.
My only problem with him is he's arrogant and sometimes thinks he know all.
good judgement
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by BigBro(m): 10:55am On Mar 22, 2013
@ Bobandfool or whatever you call yourself. Sanusi Lamido is by any standard no match to you and all of your clan educationally, socially, e.t.c.

Your open hatred for him, his religion and where he comes from will only continue to hunt you and deny you peace of mind.

I pity you.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by okenwa101(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2013
2014 is too far why not now or resign self
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Bobandgreat: 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
BigBro: @ Bobandfool or whatever you call yourself. Sanusi Lamido is by any standard no match to you and all of your clan educationally, socially, e.t.c.

Your open hatred for him, his religion and where he comes from will only continue to hunt you and deny you peace of mind.

I pity you.

@foolishbro may Sanusi come and take over ur household and run it like he runs CBN with all his BokoHaramish ideologies intact. Sentimental nonentity.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Olaolufred(m): 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
ochukoccna: Despite his over bearing attitude at times, he stands out from the stinking morass Nigeria has become
Thankfully, he's his own man, unlike some people who are still consulting with 'god' and their 'people' before deciding to contest for the top job in the land whilst their body language shows they will undecided undecided undecided

Governor?!
No, seeing he has enough visibility to contest for president straight up

HE IS A PRESIDENCY MATERIAL.
GOODLUCK WATCH OUT.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by juman(m): 6:04am On Mar 23, 2013
Hope the next CBN Governor would be a woman.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by qhiwegh(m): 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
COOLDUN:

Please my dear stop wasting your energy and knowledge on this fellow, no matter how long a stone may dwell in the water it can never be as soft as a foam. There are people who comment just for comment sake, i have been following your most factual, wise and well constructed comments and found out that the fellow you are arguing with is not your match, we argue to learn, not to learn to argue. Even in the developed countries there are all categories of Chinese products, both cheap, cheaper, cheapest ones, it depends on the one you can afford.

China never stop any local productions, it is the bad and poor leadership of the African countries that makes them to be always complainants, the Western countries closed their doors for easier business transactions through their tough visa and immigration policies, China made theirs easier and now we are complaining. Is it a must to buy Chinese goods? if you don't like them and you are capable of buying the best and expensive products from the western countries, then go ahead, but stop disturbing other people who cannot afford them.

Nigeria and most of African governments have successfully eradicated the MIDDLE CLASS in their societies there by creating a very large margin between the rich and the poor. So we should stop blaming Chinese people whom through their business relationship most families are able to put food on their tables today.

Can anyone tell us any good thing or progress we have gotten from the Western countries in Nigeria? except FAIRLY USED ECONOMICAL/POLITICAL POLICIES that is almost sending the country to her grave. We only record our economical growth and success on the pages of newspaper. Honestly i love your intelligent comments my dear keep it up.

Thanks for the encouragement.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Reps To Give Legal Backing To Social Investment Programme / Supreme Court Affirms Sanwo-Olu's Election As Governor Of Lagos / $1.5bn Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail: FEC Gets Cost Overrun Request From Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.