Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists (17121 Views)

Tourists On Vacation In Africa See Python Inside Their Engine(video+pic) / Lion Attacks & Kills An Antelope While Tourists Watch From Their Cars (photos) / Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by FXKing2012(m): 6:39am On Mar 21, 2013
A new report from the World Economic Forum has ranked 140 nations based on the "attitude of population toward foreign visitors."

Here's the short version: If you're visiting Bolivia and in need of directions, you probably won't have as much luck as you would in, say, Iceland.

Answers to the question posed, "How welcome are foreign visitors in your country?" were given a weighted average from 1 -7, 1 = very unwelcome and 7 = very welcome. Turns out Bolivia came in last on the list with a score of 4.1, while Iceland tied for first place with New Zealand, with a 6.8, making Kiwis even friendlier than their neighbors, the Aussies (6.5 and ranking No. 27) who've long had a reputation for being among the world's friendliest.

And where did the good-old USA rank? No. 102, with a score of 6.0.
And those friendly Irishmen? They ranked far better: No. 9 on the list,
with a score of 6.6.

Top 10

Iceland
New Zealand
Morocco
Macedonia
Austria
Senegal
Portugal
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ireland
Burkina Faso

*Note that Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ireland and Burkina Faso all scored a 6.6. Also scoring a 6.6: Barbados, Canada, Thailand, Mali, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Malta, Yemen, Belgium and Rwanda.

Bottom 10

Bolivia
Venezuela
Russian Federation
Kuwait
Latvia
Iran
Pakistan
Slovak Republic
Bulgaria
Mongolia

*Note that Mongolia scored a 5.5, a score also shared by China, Korean and Saudi Arabia .

Source: www.news.yahoo.com/worlds-most-unfriendly-countries-tourists-010523929.html
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by braine(m): 6:50am On Mar 21, 2013
This doesn't make sense. I wonder if they considered factors like population and the location of the foriegner in the country. Majority of the top countries have low population density.

Nigeria should be on the top list, but no, all thanks to Boko Haram. angry
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 21, 2013
braine: This doesn't make sense. I wonder if they considered factors like population and the location of the foriegner in the country. Nigeria should be on the top list, but no, all thanks to Boko Haram . cry
yes they are, starting from the airport with both immigration and custom officers who demand for 'bribes' with smiling faces.
Hundreds of cab drivers who attempts to exploits you.
Market women who shortchange you when they discover you are not 'the son of the soil'.
Not to mention kidnappers on rampage. Yes Naija is very friendly

11 Likes

Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 21, 2013
braine: This doesn't make sense. I wonder if they considered factors like population and the location of the foriegner in the country. Majority of the top countries have low population density.

you already edited your post from 'is Nigeria not friendly' to the above, that was what my earlier post addressed
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by vallycan: 7:10am On Mar 21, 2013
Millitantcy,kidnappin,extortion,embezlement,above all boko haram sect have all reduce nigeria and melt nigerie like iron to 2:1 as it's economy too which can attract any foreign investor except does contracted by naija itself
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by braine(m): 7:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: yes they are, starting from the airport with both immigration and custom officers who demand for 'bribes' with smiling faces.
Hundreds of cab drivers who attempts to exploits you.
Market women who shortchange you when they discover you are not 'the son of the soil'.
Not to mention kidnappers on rampage. Yes Naija is very friendly

I believe these happen in some of those top countries too.. People get exploited all the time; that's business sense for you. At least the involve people are happy in the end. The only negative one in Nigeria is the terrorism and kidnap.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by yorke1: 9:18am On Mar 21, 2013
inconsequential
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by iamswizz(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2013
ok.

1 Like

Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by bunchyproject(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Cool
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Cutekid54: 9:20am On Mar 21, 2013
So 9ja no make d list? Na wa o.. We used to be given credit by foreigners 4 been friendly buh nw my boko boiz av taken d@ away frm us...... yay i made front page... Help me give thanx to Almighty Jehovah
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by alfredo4u(m): 9:26am On Mar 21, 2013
dat list is not complete if Nija is not among d unfriendly kontry
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Tolexander: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2013
Thank God we no carry last!
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by ebamma(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2013
one friendly country could be another man's hostile country, so to me that list is hogwash
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by DJDOLA(m): 9:29am On Mar 21, 2013
nigeria should be d first on d list both side
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Originalsly: 9:29am On Mar 21, 2013
braine: People get exploited all the time; that's business sense for you.
... and we still wondering why Nigeria is not on the top 10 list.

1 Like

Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by kabba7(m): 9:37am On Mar 21, 2013
braine: This doesn't make sense. I wonder if they considered factors like population and the location of the foriegner in the country. Majority of the top countries have low population density.

if thanks go to Boko Haram the respect is due for the nigerian association of kiddnappers not forgetting the union of nigerian armed robbers too before the treasury looters to cap .
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by sobastical: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2013
If mali is on that list then nigeria also deserve a place there too.... tongue
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2013
My question's did they consider racial factors Cos a black nigga won't get the same reception as a white man.if they put that into perspective,i think they're so gonna have a difffernt list

1 Like

Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by searay(m): 10:13am On Mar 21, 2013
Ok. Let's wait for the 2nd list.
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by lekzy7(m): 10:14am On Mar 21, 2013
jst passing by
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by tsmall(m): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2013
Don't know of Venezuela but Russia should be first on the list...
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by dedons: 10:25am On Mar 21, 2013
SO

HOW DOES IT AFFECT MY CGPA
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by seunny4lif(m): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2013
tsmall: Don't know of Venezuela but Russia should be first on the list...
This people with yeye report..Where is Bahamas,Ecuador,Porto Rico and all caribbean island exp Dominican rep becos they believe,they are nt Black...My own becos am a black guy...
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Truckpusher(m): 10:31am On Mar 21, 2013
As long as you're black in any non-Black nation you're never welcomed and if you're Nigerian the same thing goes for you in black African countries.....sometimes citizens got no choice than accept you but talk abt being friendly ,nah ....OYO tongue
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by boron10(m): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2013
Nigeria is Friendly to rich Visitors but Hostile to the broke As.ses
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Reference(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2013

Very, very few parts of Nigeria are friendly. If they are not zealously protecting their religion, they are protecting their poverty, natural resources or superficial culture. We are not friendly.
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Jeejile: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2013
I don't aggree. Why is Niger not among the 10 bottom?
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2013
Portugal is definitely not a friendly country for black women... They assume all black women are prostitutes over there and don't be surprised if you get asked how much you charge for sex next time you're in portugal... grin
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Chanchit: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2013
Tnk God for Nigeria, not being on the list @all is better then being on the bad side.
Re: List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists by Temismith(f): 11:15am On Mar 21, 2013
Noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission / Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) / Two Female Immigration Officers Collapse On Parade Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.