Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 (32544 Views)

Results On Comparing Fixed Deposit Interest Rates Between First Bank And Gtbank / When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? / Has GTB Declared Share Bonus & Dividends For 2011 Ending? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by remzytimer: 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
I have bank PHB and Fin. Bank's share, are they still quoted in d stock market and at what value. Pls advice on what to do them
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by powersunny: 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ma Angwa: Can someone help me out. i have not receive my dividends from Zenith and Oando since 2008, while i have written to their registrars last year for the change of address. i dont know what to do again and am not leaving in Lagos where their offices are.pls i need advice

I was in your shoes until last week before i visited Zenith registrars at Ajose adeogun str VI. On the spot, i got my shares cert, accumulated dividends (8,500) which i paid in instantly in the gtbank opposite the building. i left with my 3,013 units worth of share (from 1,650 in the 2008 IPO). You need to see how happy i was with the unexpected windfall.once i get my bonus certificate from ny chose zenith branch next 2 weeks, i will lodge my shares thru my stockbroker. Just go with an ID (international passport, national ID or driver licence)
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by Ekans: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
kbdrim:
And you are WHO? you hide behind a computer and expect people to quote you. You do realise you are talking about People and Investment right?
.I guess you are a stock broker or a banker?,misleading people as usual.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by worldstevo: 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ma Angwa: Can someone help me out. i have not receive my dividends from Zenith and Oando since 2008, while i have written to their registrars last year for the change of address. i dont know what to do again and am not leaving in Lagos where their offices are.pls i need advice

Ma, your case is easy to resolve so long as you have a stock broker with branch office in the city where you reside.What you need to do is to contact your stockbrokers and provide them with the necessary details and a token of maybe #2,000 Naira and they will do the writing to the appropriate registrars for change of address;also, they can retrieve your accumulated dividends for you.At this point, i would advise you subscribe to E-dividend and E-bonus from Oando and Zenith by filling the forms for these which are normally included in their yearly published accounts given to shareholders and give it to your stockbrokers to send to the registrars concerned. This would enable your registrars to directly credit both your bank account with your accumulated and yearly dividends and the CSCS account(if you already have one) with your bonuses forthwith thus eliminating the problems associated with paper bonus and dividend as well as the bottlenecks of mailing them to your address

2 Likes

Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by icnsystem(m): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
And how much dividends and bonus Zenith Bank is paying this year?I doubt if anybody knows
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 23, 2013
For the person looking for zennith bank dividend,walk into any zenneith bank and ask them to give u an indemity for dividend warrant,submit after signing and go and collect all your owed dividends in dat same bank,I would advice u fill an e dividend to avoild future occurance.
For the oando shares write for a non reciept of dividend waRrant stating your share account number and use an address that is easily accessible.like soomeone adviced if u can't do all this just give your stockbroker like 2k he will write whilw u sign.frist registrars are the registrars for oando shares,u can even send an email to u and they would reply immeddiately.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2013
OK_2_NV:

1.50k will that cover the postage?

The N1.50k is per share. If you have 10,000 units that means you will have a dividend of N13,500 after removing the 10% with holding tax
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 10:11am On Mar 23, 2013
hayoakins:

This is a joke, right?

Scrutinize all my posts and you will find out that i don't post what I am not sure off.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 10:14am On Mar 23, 2013
amokemi: @ manie, I like your analysis, but you failed woefully in all your estimates. If it is that easy then we will all be multi millionares by now.

As per the question, FBN financials should be released in about two weeks time.
Enjoy your day dream.

Where did I fail, did you buy FBN shares in 2001. I did, and I have been reinvesting my dividends from FBN for close to 2 decades.

If you are in doubt go to First Registrars and make inquiries about the capitalisation history of FBN from 2001 to date.

2 Likes

Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2013
Ekans: Who is talking of bank shares and dividends?,they only know how to syphon peoples money for the ogas at the top.Buy nestle or guinness shares and you wont be sorry.Please quote me.

Those stocks are currently over valued, do your research an investment in under valued stocks that have very good fundamentals but are currently selling at a discount.

2 Likes

Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 10:18am On Mar 23, 2013
I will advice to subscribe for e-dividend. Find time and make a personal visit to the registrars.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2013
remzytimer: I have bank PHB and Fin. Bank's share, are they still quoted in d stock market and at what value. Pls advice on what to do them

These are dead stocks.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by saibuhari(m): 10:41am On Mar 23, 2013
Icon8 says gtb will pay dividend of 1.50 but manie says its going to be 1.60.who should we believe? Icon8 sounded more authoritative.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 10:53am On Mar 23, 2013
saibuhari: Icon8 says gtb will pay dividend of 1.50 but manie says its going to be 1.60.who should we believe? Icon8 sounded more authoritative.

We are both speculating based on last year's payment and the expected EPS of N2.70 for GTB.

Paying either, N1.50, N1.60 or even N1.80 as dividend is very possible.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by Chuks0485: 11:02am On Mar 23, 2013
I have AP shares (though not that much,just 108 units) and for over 15 years i have not heard from them, had wanted selling it in the year 2006 but was told that i cannot sell it( reason i think is that NSC placed a ban on the sales of AP shares then)can someone please tell me what to do about it.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 11:07am On Mar 23, 2013
Chuks0485: I have AP shares (though not that much,just 108 units) and for over 15 years i have not heard from them, had wanted selling it in the year 2006 but was told that i cannot sell it( reason i think is that NSC placed a ban on the sales of AP shares then)can someone please tell me what to do about it.

Have you dematerialized your shares, if not get a stock broker who will assist you in opening a CSCS stock broking account.

You can only sell your shares through a stock broker. The registrars of AP is on Broad Street Lagos.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by Josh121(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
Manie , Can I hold Oando , ccnn, Dangote sugar, Dangote flour ,NAHCO ,NASCON,HONYFLOUR for long term , I mean period of 10-15years
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by Omexonomy: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
Uacn property are selling IPO 10 naira per unit and a minimum of 10,000 unit. Now my kwestions are:

thier price per unit on the stock list is 15 naira

why have they chosen to make it minimum of ten thousand unit for start

how profitable will it be in future

finally, how encouraging is it to buy.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by kay1983: 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hello All, interesting to stumble at this sitem a share was transfer to me sum yrs ago by a friend. A Gtb shares. I went to the registrar to confirm it then. And wit their help I was able to locate the stockbroker who printed the statement for me but could nt find it again. Also, I attempted selling but they told me the account has a debit balance. When I went back, they have relocated. What do I do?
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 6:04am On Mar 25, 2013
Omexonomy: Uacn property are selling IPO 10 naira per unit and a minimum of 10,000 unit. Now my kwestions are:

thier price per unit on the stock list is 15 naira

why have they chosen to make it minimum of ten thousand unit for start

how profitable will it be in future

finally, how encouraging is it to buy.

What UAC Property is currently selling is a REIT. Real Estate Investment Trust. The shares of the REIT is different from that of the company.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by manie(m): 6:06am On Mar 25, 2013
kay1983: Hello All, interesting to stumble at this sitem a share was transfer to me sum yrs ago by a friend. A Gtb shares. I went to the registrar to confirm it then. And wit their help I was able to locate the stockbroker who printed the statement for me but could nt find it again. Also, I attempted selling but they told me the account has a debit balance. When I went back, they have relocated. What do I do?

Take the statement to CSCS or the registrars from there they will be able to give you the appropriate advice.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by saibuhari(m): 7:11am On Mar 26, 2013
why is access bank shares on free fall?
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by saibuhari(m): 1:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
Zenith 1.60, GTB 1.55k. Both banks are strategic and will continue to gladden investors hearts. Kudos to both banks considering the amount of outstanding shares.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by daguru(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
hi everyone,pls kindly help me out,i bought union bank shares in 2005 and fcmb in 2009,both were ipo,and till date i havent gotten share certificates nor dividends,pls how do i go about these?
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by Dexterax(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2013
elampiro:

Stop deceiving people. What of those that bought at high price in 2007 before the crash? People lost up to 70% to 90% of their money.

Those who bought shares in 2007 at such high multiples were fools. The ABC of investing is to buy LOW and sell HIGH, not the converse. By buying at such high prices, they disobeyed the principle of a Margin of Safety, so when foreign investors who own substantial blocks of Nigerian company stocks decided to liquidate their investments in order to respond to margin calls in their own domestic developed markets, stock prices crashed in Nigeria. If Nigerian investors had bought at prices below intrinsic value, they would've had much slimmer losses.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by walcolm(m): 6:35am On Apr 18, 2013
daguru: hi everyone,pls kindly help me out,i bought union bank shares in 2005 and fcmb in 2009,both were ipo,and till date i havent gotten share certificates nor dividends,pls how do i go about these?

you need to visit the registrar's office..Union Registrar at Wharf road, Apapa and CSL Registrar at Marina
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by jposuagwu: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2013
Is it true that first bank may likely pay between 1.40 - 1.70 dividend this year?
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by dasilver2(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
Is it now confirmed that FBHN will be paying N1.20 dividend? Any bonus? Thanks.
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by TALDRED: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2013
How can I buy my own share now?
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by TALDRED: 10:08am On Apr 20, 2013
Which of the organisation is selling shares now please I need your response house
Re: GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 by jposuagwu: 9:07am On Apr 23, 2013
No Company is selling shares at the Primary market (IPO or Rights issue)for now. But you could buy any stock of your choice from the Secondary market (Nigerian Stock Exchange) through your broker. Happy investing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Your Savings Account Still Receive Monthly Interest? / How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? / H2 Report: 31 States Fail To Attract Fresh Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.