Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. (12683 Views)

Which Infant Formula Is Suitable For Weight Gain In Babies Under 12 Months / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Marital Agreement / Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by jeffizy(m): 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
I have observed the trend of married couple gaining extreme weight a little after marriage.
It is also common to hear stories of husbands cheating on their wives with the excuse of their wives having become obess after marriage.
It is not peculiar to women alone, as i have seen men (myself included.lol) developing rounded backs, bigger heads and pot-bellies.
What is in marriage that brings so much change to a persons weight.?
This observation is not 100% as we have ppl who still maintain their stature.

2 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by greatgod2012(f): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
When you are married to the right person, even, if you are yet to be rich, there is this rest of mind that you enjoy, which can make a person to gain more weight.
As for men, there is reduction in their stress of getting what to eat, i mean, its not easy for one to leave ones place of work and direct to the kitchen, what the bachelors normally do is to either be a regular customer at an eatery, or depends on junks, most times, bread and softdrinks, or garium sodium(garri), all these are settled once he gets married, which are contributory to their weight gain, as well as the rest of mind as a result of getting married to the right woman.
As for women, pregnancy, childbirths and contraceptives (family planning)plays major roles in weight gain, in addition to the rest of mind as a result of getting married to the right man.
However, it is advisable for one to try as much as one could, to maintain a healthy and attractive stature, and to stay fit.
May God help us all.

36 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by jeffizy(m): 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
I quite agree with the part -"use of contraceptive". It is a major factor for the women.

1 Like

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Mrsmansson(f): 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
jeffizy: I quite agree with the part -"use of contraceptive". It is a major factor for the women.
Contraceptive or not,Indiscipline plays a major role in weight gain.this applies to the man and woman.so just because you gave birth is that why you can't have a flat tummy again.How many wives still engage in Tummy trimming exercise?Flimsy excuse is the order of the day.

14 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by jeffizy(m): 5:26am On Mar 22, 2013
^^Indicipline might be the cause. But where will you put the fact that married couple usually work twice harder than most singles in trying to get the family going. Where is the time?

6 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 22, 2013
The weight thing is really an issue for some,my husband has added significantly,none of his clothes as a single man can fit him any more.Thank God I don't have to deal with this because I don't know how I will survive with a dieting regime.Like GreatGod said,I think the whole thing is wounded around the factors she raised.

The employment of househelps might be contributing to marital weight gains(housewives especially),naturally one will add weight watching African magic week to week.The chores that might help you burn some fats will be abandoned for the housegirl,while the lady stay idle and add weight.

My weight has been static since I got married,probably because chores won't let me add some flesh.Avoiding weight gain is one of the reasons am convinced I don't need a househelp.Exclusive breastfeeding can help the ladies keep it in check too.

7 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Mrsmansson(f): 10:01am On Mar 22, 2013
jeffizy: ^^Indicipline might be the cause. But where will you put the fact that married couple usually work twice harder than most singles in trying to get the family going. Where is the time?
Hmmmn oga hope you have not started making excuses for your self and your pretty wife.I understand the time in running a home,am a mother too but you do know that if one really sees sometime very very impt,one can create time for it.some couples actually engage in 45mins s_x yet they complain of not having enough time to clean the house,no time for this and that.the s_x is so impt to them that's why they created a time for it abi.
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by jeffizy(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2013
^^ lol. Nah. Just keeping the debate open. I personal do my sit-ups and push-ups religiously daily. And weekend hiking too.

1 Like

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by jeffizy(m): 11:26am On Mar 22, 2013
Funny enuf, its a two-way thing. I know a tribe where obessity is glorified in marriages. It is seen as a sign of taking good care of their wives. How lame can that be?
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 22, 2013
jeffizy: Funny enuf, its a two-way thing. I know a tribe where obessity is glorified in marriages. It is seen as a sign of taking good care of their wives. How lame can that be?

Definitely,obesity is glorfied mostly by village folks.My inlaws are tired of complaining,they kept saying that I will look like a boy in CWO uniform.They believe that people will feel am not well taken care of and my parents won't be happy about that.All I do is laugh while they advise on why my body needs a lot of FUfu.
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by jeffizy(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2013
byvan:

Definitely,obesity is glorfied mostly by village folks.My inlaws are tired of complaining,they kept saying that I will look like a boy in CWO uniform. They believe that people will feel am not well taken care of and my parents won't be happy about that.All I do is laugh while they advise on why my body needs a lot of FUfu.
ROTFL at bold quote!
You should dazzle them futher by being the first to make pencil skirt with your CWO uniform. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by greatgod2012(f): 11:49am On Mar 22, 2013
jeffizy: Funny enuf, its a two-way thing. I know a tribe where obessity is glorified in marriages. It is seen as a sign of taking good care of their wives. How lame can that be?

lol, that is what is happening to me right at present, my sisters-in-law keep shouting on my hubby, that while i am taking care of him and hes becoming bigger and bigger, but seems hes not reciprocating, as my stature is not really different from how i was b4 i got married 8years ago, well, thats how i want to be, im really disciplining myself plus the housechore activities, but i really love how i look younger, all these i do tell my sisters-in-law, but they wouldnt agree, they all want to see me becoming big, that is when they will believe im being taken care of...lol.
May God help us all.
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
jeffizy:
ROTFL at bold quote!
You should dazzle them futher by being the first to make pencil skirt with your CWO uniform. Lol.

You knew exactly what I planned to do,but my MIL insisted that other women won't tolerate the skirt.I decided to avoid their meetings altogether and pay my fines instead.
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Richy4(m): 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
rest of mind is one of the cause. cool
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Seems there's something special in marriage that makes people fat,cos my friend who got married as a slim guy is now big when I saw him.gosh can't wait to get married. Omotoyosi,pls graduate quick na,can't wait to marry u.

4 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by nbright: 3:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
jeffizy: I have observed the trend of married couple gaining extreme weight a little after marriage.
It is also common to hear stories of husbands cheating on their wives with the excuse of their wives having become obess after marriage.
It is not peculiar to women alone, as i have seen men (myself included.lol) developing rounded backs, bigger heads and pot-bellies.
What is in marriage that brings so much change to a persons weight.?
This observation is not 100% as we have ppl who still maintain their stature.
This feeling of relaxation... Girls will think " I don marry na who go dey look me?, my husband go still like me after all na for better or for worse"... Guys " Make I relax jare, I don marry make I enjoy my wife food, after all no be me kill Jesus Christ, na naija be this wetin concern Africa man with exercise"... To me it all boils down to laziness and our non chalant attitude to our health and we ain't mindful of what we eat or drink..

3 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by dahmie2013: 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
I really like dis thread! I need help seriously on dis cos, I have d tendency of being fat cos of my parents after giving birth which I don't want, not just cos of my husband but 4 my health&still want 2 be able 2 wear wat I like! Thanks @OP!
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Coldfeet(f): 4:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yomieluv: Seems there's something special in marriage that makes people fat,cos my friend who got married as a slim guy is now big when I saw him.gosh can't wait to get married. Omotoyosi,pls graduate quick na,can't wait to marry u.
So sweet

1 Like

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
dahmie2013: I really like dis thread! I need help seriously on dis cos, I have d tendency of being fat cos of my parents after giving birth which I don't want, not just cos of my husband but 4 my health&still want 2 be able 2 wear wat I like! Thanks @OP!

I believe all this unnecessary fat starts after child birth,your mother and in laws will want to stuff you with yam and peppersoup.Please take your pepper soup and leave this yamsoooo!!!The kind of flesh these yams mount on women after child birth.....working it off won't be beansoooo.From my first child,I only take my fish pepper soup and supplements,please don't let them convince you that you are eating for two.

2 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by 50calibre(m): 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Weight gain after the start of relationship or marriage is a big deal breaker for me. As a matter of fact, it's a matter to be discussed and agreed upon before going into any long term commitment.
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by yuzedo: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Peace of mind causes weight gain in marriage?! Complete balderdash and absolute fĂșckery!

Most likely marriage just happens to coincide with slowing down of metabolism (men) and in (some) women child-birth triggers hormonal changes that cause increased body mass.

That's the closest to a logical/scientific explanation I can profer. Make person no bring religion enter nature, talking bout "na Jesus dey make me shine." undecided

1 Like

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Mrsmansson(f): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
dahmie2013: I really like dis thread! I need help seriously on dis cos, I have d tendency of being fat cos of my parents after giving birth which I don't want, not just cos of my husband but 4 my health&still want 2 be able 2 wear wat I like! Thanks @OP!
What size are you now.am a size 10 before and after childbirth.tummy still as flat as the word Flat.it all depends on discipline.try to fight away all forms of laziness(that is postponing your daily exercise).I did it not because of my hubby but for myself.I want my clothes to fit perfectly.I want to feel good within myself.I think the only problem I have now is the way men stare at me and when am walking is worse.some pple even said am not the mother of my baby lol.Abeg let's try.

3 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Scarpon(m): 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
I hate fat ladies
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Born2beRich1(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
When you get married to a good spouse, you will get peace and rest of mind.

That makes someone to add weight
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
All my married sisters are now fat. None of them have househelps. Even my in-laws hve these pot-bellies. Gosh, I hate that! I'm quite slim built trying to add a lil weight & do some work outs. I pray I shouldnt be so fat with pot-belly...so disgusting! GHM
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
SOME WOMEN JUST BECOME SOWS AFTER SAYING 'I DO'
BIG, FAT, GREEDY, DIRTY, LAZY, GREASY, STYUPID SOWS
THEN THEY TURN AROUND AND MAKE IT LIKE IT WAS THEY HUSBAND'S FAULT

THEN THE MEN WHO EAT EVERYTHING THE SOW COOKS
START BECOMING LIKE HER. I REMEMBER WHEN MY MARRIED FRIENDS WILL BE BRAGGING ABOUT
THEY WIFE'S COOKING FORGETTING THAT IT CONTAINS ENOUGH CHOLESTEROL TO KILL AN ARMY UNIT
AND SO SHE COOKS, THEY EAT TILL THEY BOTH BECOME GREASEBALLS. THEN THEY START JOGGING ( OR WALKIN)
EVERY SATURDAY

BUT THATS NO EXCUSE TO CHEAT ON ONES WIFE
U SHOULDA SEEN IT COMING NOW URE IN A MESS
TAKE HER LIKE THAT ' 4 BETTER OR WORSE' SO U SAID
SHE DIDNT CHANGE MUCH JUST THE LOOKS
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by konn: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
AS for women absorption of ur husbands sperm on a daily basis is enough to make u add weight

1 Like

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by dahmie2013: 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mrs mansson:
What size are you now.am a size 10 before and after childbirth.tummy still as flat as the word Flat.it all depends on discipline.try to fight away all forms of laziness(that is postponing your daily exercise).I did it not because of my hubby but for myself.I want my clothes to fit perfectly.I want to feel good within myself.I think the only problem I have now is the way men stare at me and when am walking is worse.some pple even said am not the mother of my baby lol.Abeg let's try.
I love dis dear! Aldo I'm not married but I'll like dis 2 be my experience wen I do! It feels good!

1 Like

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by dahmie2013: 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
byvan:
I believe all this unnecessary fat starts after child birth,your mother and in laws will want to stuff you with yam and peppersoup.Please take your pepper soup and leave this yamsoooo!!!The kind of flesh these yams mount on women after child birth.....working it off won't be beansoooo.From my first child,I only take my fish pepper soup and supplements,please don't let them convince you that you are eating for two.
Tanks dear!
Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by jeffizy(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
50calibre: Weight gain after the start of relationship or marriage is a big deal breaker for me. As a matter of fact, it's a matter to be discussed and agreed upon before going into any long term commitment.
Bros, e fit be you wey go break the agreement o.

2 Likes

Re: Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
dahmie2013:
Tanks dear!

Keep your abs very toned now that you are not having kids yet,it ll help when you start having them.Am on my way to the third child with my abs intact.Cocoa butter is good for a preggie tummy,that way,you won't have any business with stretch marks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria / How Has Fatherhood Changed You? / What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.