Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Salary Range For These Companies/posts - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary Range For These Companies/posts (13533 Views)

Salary Range Of A Flight Dispatcher At Entry Level. / Guinness Nigeria Graduate Entry Level Salary Range. / Salary Range For Entry Level Position In Spectranet, Starcomms And Visafone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2013
Please does any one know the salary range/package for experienced Sales Executives at Conoil and Experienced Engineers at Saipem respectively?

Thanks!
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Jarus(m): 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
I expect Saipem, an Italian company, to pay more than Conoil, a Nigerian company. I expect an engineer to earn more than a sales executive.

I don't know the figures, but Saipem is more likely the better offer.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
Thanks Jarus.
I'm not comparing them. I'm doing separate researches on them. The conoil research is for myself while the Sapiem is for someone else. I'm not an engineer smiley
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by ow11(m): 6:24am On Mar 25, 2013
Isn't this a security risk? I am not sure if I worked in Saipem, I would like to write down my pay. A research based on pay should be done relatively like Jarus has done. Looking for figures in this day and age when criminals and lazy relatives believe they have a right to your pay isn't going to get you a realistic answer.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by bookface: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2013
ow11: Isn't this a security risk? I am not sure if I worked in Saipem, I would like to write down my pay. A research based on pay should be done relatively like Jarus has done. Looking for figures in this day and age when criminals and lazy relatives believe they have a right to your pay isn't going to get you a realistic answer.

How is this a security risk? Criminals and lazy relatives will always believe they have a right to your pay regardless what, and that asides, i doubt anyone can figure out who you really are without you divulging personal details, that's the whole point to being anonymous.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
bookface:

How is this a security risk? Criminals and lazy relatives will always believe they have a right to your pay regardless what, and that asides, i doubt anyone can figure out who you really are without you divulging personal details, that's the whole point to being anonymous.

Na so Nigerians be. dem too dey hide things! Always afraid of 'enemies'
*rolls eyes
I beg una o! I'm doing the research because I'm trying to get a job there. And the Saipem is for a cousin. I'm not a criminal or long-throat relative (I already work in a reputable coy)
You don't need to say you work there (I don't care if you work there) just state what you know about the salary structure and working environment. That's all

2 Likes

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by xyoung: 1:51am On Mar 26, 2013
Sweetlemon:

*rolls eyes
I beg una o! I'm doing the research because I'm trying to get a job there. And the Saipem is for a cousin. I'm not a criminal or long-throat relative (I already work in a reputable coy)
You don't need to say you work there (I don't care if you work there) just state what you know about the salary structure and working environment. That's all
Trust me both saipem and conoil pay are in the same range. ConOil is an Indigenous Oil producing raking up at least 100000 barrel of crude oil per day while Saipem is an Italian EPCI company. My candid advice stick with the oil producing sector so whenever you are moving outta ConOil, be rest assured of getting a job in similar oil producing like Seplat, MoniPulo, Afren, Total, Exxon, Shell, Chevron, Addax etc..funny enough saipem don't pay well as people on the outside think. You don't earn more than 300k in saipem except you gat up to 10 yrs experience. ConOil should pay higher
Always remember this, whenever shell advertises for Experienced sales executives, they give preference to those already in Oil producing companies before oil servicing sector
Gracias
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by ow11(m): 10:55am On Mar 26, 2013
@bookface

To each his own. Anyone can use this information to identify targets. The fact that your door can be broken down or acid poured on your padlock doesn't mean that you should live in a house without doors!

Sweetlemon:

*rolls eyes

Why don't you ask the HR officer during your interview how much your pay would be? Or do you know how much everybody in your present organisation earns?
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by ITbomb(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
In order words
Let me see if I earn more than my bedguy
SMH at priorities
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by bookface: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
ow11: @bookface

To each his own. Anyone can use this information to identify targets. The fact that your door can be broken down or acid poured on your padlock doesn't mean that you should live in a house without doors!

Why don't you ask the HR officer during your interview how much your pay would be? Or do you know how much everybody in your present organisation earns?

The country is rife with its security lapses, but i doubt that is sufficient evidence for everyone, who may have posted salary estimates of xyz company, here on nairaland, at one point in time or the other, to now consider investing in bullet proof doors or "long throat" relative repellents .

I get the fact that to each his own, but it may be necessary, for the purpose of those who stand to benefit from this argument and others who are generally willing to help make this forum more informative, to separate paranoia from facts. There are more than a million registered people on this forum, not only can you stay anonymous for as long as you wish to, you may decide to divulge information in ways that do not necessarily mean you have close ties to such information.

E.g

"I think Conoil pays its Experienced Hires between 6-7 million a year, Cheveron between 5-7 million, Shell between 24-50million and Total between 30-60 million"

Now that's not hard is it? It's what the internet was meant for - information symmetry. Such information help others to make careful decisions about their lives. I don't know how much a Range Rover sells for, but asking for such an information on the autos forum will not mean that i might expect my unemployed cousin in Aba to send me a text asking me "How the family is doing".

5 Likes

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by ow11(m): 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
You don't get my stance. I am NOT saying you can relate my posting to me in real life.

Look at it this way, I know a Mr Joe Bloggs works in Saipem as a sales executive and I stumble upon a post on nairaland where Mr John Doe wrote that sales executives earn 5 naira an hour; obviously, I now know how much Mr Bloggs earns.

This is what the OP wants rather what you are also suggesting which is Saipem pays between 1 naira an hour to 10 naira hr depending on position/years of experience etc and said asker can put her proposed job position on this sliding scale. Shikena! If the OP wants hard numbers, she can ask the HR officers. As I alluded in my first response, how can she verify that Mr John Doe's response is factual? John Doe could be responding from hearsay or just being outrightly mischevious.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by AjanleKoko: 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sweetlemon:

*rolls eyes

Question please.
What exactly is the info needed for? Is it meant to help you make up your mind if you (and your cousin) want to work there or not?

Just wondering undecided
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
bookface:

The country is rife with its security lapses, but i doubt that is sufficient evidence for everyone, who may have posted salary estimates of xyz company, here on nairaland, at one point in time or the other, to now consider investing in bullet proof doors or "long throat" relative repellents .

I get the fact that to each his own, but it may be necessary, for the purpose of those who stand to benefit from this argument and others who are generally willing to help make this forum more informative, to separate paranoia from facts. There are more than a million registered people on this forum, not only can you stay anonymous for as long as you wish to, you may decide to divulge information in ways that do not necessarily mean you have close ties to such information.

E.g

"I think Conoil pays its Experienced Hires between 6-7 million a year, Cheveron between 5-7 million, Shell between 24-50million and Total between 30-60 million"

Now that's not hard is it? It's what the internet was meant for - information symmetry. Such information help others to make careful decisions about their lives. I don't know how much a Range Rover sells for, but asking for such an information on the autos forum will not mean that i might expect my unemployed cousin in Aba to send me a text asking me "How the family is doing".

Thank you jare!
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
ITbomb: In order words
Let me see if I earn more than my bedguy
SMH at priorities

I already know how much he earns.
smh @ your ameborism
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
ow11: You don't get my stance. I am NOT saying you can relate my posting to me in real life.

Look at it this way, I know a Mr Joe Bloggs works in Saipem as a sales executive and I stumble upon a post on nairaland where Mr John Doe wrote that sales executives earn 5 naira an hour; obviously, I now know how much Mr Bloggs earns.

This is what the OP wants rather what you are also suggesting which is Saipem pays between 1 naira an hour to 10 naira hr depending on position/years of experience etc and said asker can put her proposed job position on this sliding scale. Shikena! If the OP wants hard numbers, she can ask the HR officers. As I alluded in my first response, how can she verify that Mr John Doe's response is factual? John Doe could be responding from hearsay or just being outrightly
mischevious.
Did I tell you that I have gotten to the interview stage yet
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by AjanleKoko: 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Did I tell you that I have gotten to the interview stage yet

So what do you need the info for then?
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 4:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Question please.
What exactly is the info needed for? Is it meant to help you make up your mind if you (and your cousin) want to work there or not?

Just wondering undecided

Make up my mind ke? I will accept the Conoil offer sharp sharp if/when I get it.
I'm excited about it so I just want to know more!
My cousin is the one working on Saipem and we just want to know how far. However, he was just able to get enough info about Saipem. They don't pay much but you become a gold mine after 2-3 years of working there because you will be sought after by the best oil producing firms in and out of the country!
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by udodandyson(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pls house, i need info on how much Fidelity bank currently pays its graduate trainees. Preparing for an interview with it soon.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by DisGuy: 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
are we paranoid or what!!! just a question ooo
funny thing is there are various posts in the past that discussed this(entry level) without so much fuss

I thought it was only our politician that got irritated by Sanusi revealing their package
second post I'm reading this week with the usual 'what do you want it for'?

blimey!!

1 Like

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by AjanleKoko: 12:06am On Mar 27, 2013
Dis Guy: are we paranoid or what!!! just a question ooo
funny thing is there are various posts in the past that discussed this(entry level) without so much fuss

I thought it was only our politician that got irritated by Sanusi revealing their package

blimey!!

No be legitimate kwession?
I'm interested to know why anybody would want to know how much a company pays entry level. It does beg the question undecided
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 9:27am On Mar 27, 2013
Dis Guy: are we paranoid or what!!! just a question ooo

blimey!!

Abi o!
But I guess it's because I'm female. They are probably thinking I'm investigating a potential boyfriend's salary, or trying to make up my mind between two potential boyfriends!! cheesy

smh

1 Like

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by AjanleKoko: 9:34am On Mar 27, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Abi o!
But I guess it's because I'm female. There are probably thinking I'm investigating a potential boyfriend's salary, or trying to make up my mind between two potential boyfriends!! cheesy

smh

Actually, your gender isn't important.
I'm just curious. What would the knowledge of the salary change for you? You would always get to know the salary anyway, if they give you an offer. I can't see what difference the knowledge would make for you. Help me understand please.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by DisGuy: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

No be legitimate kwession?
I'm interested to know why anybody would want to know how much a company pays entry level. It does beg the question undecided

The Op question is also a legitimate question
so many reason, curiosity,benchmarking,career/lifestyle decisions= rent, mortgage, school fees etc etc
why shouldn't people know how much companies pay their entry/experienced hire, i mean thousands of companies already
put it up with their adverts ...
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Actually, your gender isn't important.
I'm just curious. What would the knowledge of the salary change for you? You would always get to know the salary anyway, if they give you an offer. I can't see what difference the knowledge would make for you. Help me understand please.

Na wa o!

What if I don't get the job??

let me ask you my own question, what EXACTLY is so wrong about wanting to know how much I'd be earning if were to get a certain job

Why EXACTLY must I wait until I get the job before I know how much the salary is? Why am I not allowed to imagine what I'd be earning doing a similar job with what I'm currently doing in a certain company?

2 Likes

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2013
Dis Guy:

so many reason, curiosity,benchmarking,career/lifestyle decisions
why shouldn't people know how much companies pay their entry/experienced hire, i mean thousands of companies already

Plain and simple! CURIOUSITY, EXCITMENT, BENCHMARKING, CAREER PLANNING!!!!! etc

I Don't know why they are acting like they don't know that already. Like I said it's largely because of my gender and perhaps the way I put the question at the beginning. Perhaps because I didn't start by saying that have an interview there or that I want to know if I am qualified for the job or something like that.
Well, sorry, I just wanted to go straight to the point as I didn't think all that will be important. The only information I was looking for is salary structure for experienced staff of those coys and their working environment/conditions.
Thanks all!

1 Like

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by AjanleKoko: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2013
Dis Guy:

so many reason, curiosity,benchmarking,career/lifestyle decisions= rent, mortgage, school fees etc etc

I didn't say the question was not illegitimate.
I merely want to know why it was important for an outsider to know how much a company pays different cadres of staff. In Nigeria, companies do not advertise their salaries for general public consumption.

If a company called me for an interview today, I wouldn't call around or come on Nairaland asking how much that particular company pays before I turn up for the interview. At the interview, I am free to ask directly, and I am also free to request for the particular remuneration level I am looking for. Why would I not prefer to get it directly from source, than rely on rumours and hearsay?

Sweetlemon:

Plain and simple! CURIOUSITY, EXCITMENT, BENCHMARKING, CAREER PLANNING!!!!! etc

I Don't know why they are acting like they don't know that already. Like I said it's largely because of my gender and perhaps the way I put the question at the beginning. Perhaps because I didn't start by saying that have an interview there or that I want to know if I am qualified for the job or something like that.
Well, sorry, I just wanted to go straight to the point as I didn't think all that will be important. The only information I was looking for is salary structure for experienced staff of those coys and their working environment/conditions.
Thanks all!

I think I already said your gender has no bearing on my question. I was merely asking. Apologies if you feel offended.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by DisGuy: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I didn't say the question was not illegitimate.
I merely want to know why it was important for an outsider to know how much a company pays different cadres of staff. In Nigeria, companies do not advertise their salaries for general public consumption.

If a company called me for an interview today, I wouldn't call around or come on Nairaland asking how much that particular company pays before I turn up for the interview. At the interview, I am free to ask directly, and I am also free to request for the particular remuneration level I am looking for. Why would I not prefer to get it directly from source, than rely on rumours and hearsay?

I think I already said your gender has no bearing on my question. I was merely asking. Apologies if you feel offended.

But there's nothing wrong with a prospective employee calling around or asking on a forum how much a company pays before actually turning up for an interview

1 Like

Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by AjanleKoko: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dis Guy:

But there's nothing wrong with a prospective employee calling around or asking on a forum how much a company pays before actually turning up for an interview

We're still on this right or wrong thing?
I think I already cleared that up. It's not wrong, I just wonder what use the info will serve.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by yamakuza: 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

We're still on this right or wrong thing?
I think I already cleared that up. It's not wrong, I just wonder what use the info will serve.

well, if it's less than i'm currently earning, i might decide to skip the interview/offer, especially if its "out of station".
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by AjanleKoko: 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
yamakuza:

well, if it's less than i'm currently earning, i might decide to skip the offer, especially if its "out of station".

If you have an offer. Abi?

It's sort of like asking to know someone's net worth before you agree to go out on a date with them. undecided
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by yamakuza: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

If you have an offer. Abi?

It's sort of like asking to know someone's net worth before you agree to go out on a date with them. undecided

sorry, i should have added interview too.

i cant imagine flying from Lagos to Abuja Sokoto to interview for a job that will pay say, less than 120% of what i'm currently earning.

i'd go by bus instead, lol.

i think it just boils down to managing expectations.
Re: Salary Range For These Companies/posts by Sweetlemon(f): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
yamakuza:

sorry, i should have added interview too.

i cant imagine flying from Lagos to Abuja Sokoto to interview for a job that will pay 95% of what i'm currently earning.

i'd go by bus instead, lol.

i think it just boils down to managing expectations.

Pls help me explain to the oga o! I honestly don't understand why he's acting like he doesn't understand. Why would I want to go for an interview in conoil if my current coy pays me better
Na wa o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo Sacks 662 Workers; Removes 2,021 From Payroll / Is It Okay To Post Engagement Pictures On LinkedIn? / Best Professional Course For Agric Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.