Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? (15255 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by BukkyDan(f): 6:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
Jagua nana's daughter# I guess he wrote that#
Chike and the River.
Things fall apart#watched the movie#

may his soul rest in peace, Amen
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by LeJeun3: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
oddy4real: Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
A man of the people
Anthills of the Savannah
Chike and the River
The Problem with Nigeria
Arrow of God
There was a country.

The best for me has to be THINGS Fall APART and it is timeless
Loved his style of writing! RIP Eagle.......
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by princemaicheal: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
ItsModella: Things fall Apart
Arrow of God
Chike and the river
There was a Country.
Great works! He will forever be remembered as one of the great minds to roam the surface of the earth.I will forever miss him.And those that dont like him or share his ideas will soon see reason to as time goes on.Rest in Peace Great One!
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
lilo2hot: Joys of motherhood my favourite
go back to school.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart, I still have a copy of it since after secondary school. Chike and The river and lots of others.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by MrEverest(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
No longer at ease. Things fall apart. Ant hills of the savanna. Chike and the river. Man of the people. The Trouble with Nigeria. Arrow of God. Oh my mentor is dead, Africa's greatest writer is gone. RIP Prof Chinualumogu Achebe, Africa can not be the same again because you were a black man and showed the world that blacks are also intelligent. I love you more than words could ever profess, you led the way and inspired generations of men and women into writing. I am one of the new generation writers following in your footsteps and some pundits do say I write like you, I see that as an honour because you are the best. You are a very principled man and do not suffer fools gladly. You realised you were at the twilight of your life and wrote there was a country. RIP to the great literary icon, you will forever be remembered.

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Neduzze5(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2013

We are talking of Chinua Achebe not Buchi Emecheta!!

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by cristog120: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
he rapped up his writing career with his last book.'there was a country' what a way to end history.love him to the core.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by igbeke: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
luvinhubby: Read things fall apart
Arrow of god
Chike & the river.
same here.
his works are so good dat one finds it difficult 2 select wich is d best.
however, i giv it 2 "ARROW OF GOD"
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by MrEverest(m): 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
cyril83: I've read Akrika and koto orun. Abi what are we discussing here?
You make more sense when you keep quiet than to expose your ignorance.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by azpekuliar: 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart.
Arrow of God.
No Longer at Ease.
Chike & the River.

For me Things Fall Apart towers above them all. A literature master-piece, one for all time!
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Ikoniko(f): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
things fall apart, no longer at ease, Arrow of god
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by cyara(f): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
I read Anthills of the savannah, Chike and the river and Things fall apart in secondary school
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chike and the river
Things fall apart
A man of the people
No longer at ease
Arrow of God
Survive the peace
Trouble with Nigeria

ADieu great man. Your legacy lives on
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by hayoakins(m): 7:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Scary though

2 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by ChristyIsaac: 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chike and the river and things fall apart
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Tos87(m): 7:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
Arrow of God ãпԃ there was a country?
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by cute9ja: 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
Now that Chinua Achebe is dead, we need Nollywood to pick his books and transform them into epic movies with top quality pictures... We are tired those stupid nollywood movies with senseless storylines, we have seen many shakeapare books turned into epic movies, even season films, we need this in nollywood too

2 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Emmafman1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
without a silver spoon
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Inik(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart
Arrow of God
No longer at ease
Chike and the river
A man of the people
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by category(m): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart, Chinua Achebe Was No Longer at Ease but when the Arrow of God fell on him Girls were at war. You see The problem with Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Neduzze5(m): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Emmafman1: without a silver spoon

I don't think Chinua Achebe wrote that book.

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chike and the river
Things all apart
No longer at ease
There was a country
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by topsy1971: 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart, was compulsory is school those days, Arrow of God, No longer at ease, Girls at War and Chike and the River.I really marvelled at the man's writing skills. RIP THE GREAT WRITER.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Didi8: 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart
No Longer at Ease
A man of the people
Chike and the River
The Problem with Nigeria
Morning Yet on Creation Day
Beware Soul Brother
Education of a British Protected Child
There was a country

RIP storyteller.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Oritna94(m): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
THINGS FALL APART.it was epic Rest in peace the great icon
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
My heart cried when the news broke in my ears this morning, and I couldint help but Question rhetorically aloud "WHY ARE THE MIGHTIES FALLING?"
I recall reading things fall apart to ma students at Salsa int. College.
Surely a Big tree has fallen in the east. ADIEU Senior.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart
Arrow of God
No longer at ease
Chike and the river
I never completed a man of the people. Mar his intellegient mind rest in peace.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by merengue: 7:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
Actually my best Achebe work is his anthology "Girls at War and Other Short Stories". Stories like "Civil Peace", "Vengeful Creditor" paint vivid pictures about the mentality, attitudes and behaviour of people in those times; colonial, post-colonial and post Civil War Nigeria. Also his critique of Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" & "Things Fall Apart" which I believe set the tone for the theme of African literature written by Africans for the world and not allowing our stories be told to us by outsiders.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Olurock(m): 7:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
I ve read things fall apart
arrow of God
the man of the people
No longer at ease
RIP Chinua Achebe
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by merengue: 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
Emmafman1: without a silver spoon

Bros "Without A Silver Spoon" was written by Eddie Iroh not Chinua Achebe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Animals Think?? / Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / Best Books You've Read This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.