Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,570 members, 7,958,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death (11957 Views)

Eulogy For Chinua Achebe On World's Poetry Day (march 21) / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by POLICECAP: 7:50am On Mar 23, 2013
weak gbagaun poem.

What is this supposed to be.. a poem? With irregular pattern and without rhymes.

I don't mean to discourage you bt I wonder why it was brot to the front page

But however, go learn abt poems... Their types, patterns, rhymes and most of all, diction

Good try, bt not enof to b on d F. Page.
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 23, 2013
death,no respecter of greatness,chinua was great,but we nw all mourn his lateness.how time flies,we respect ur legacies,u championed d cause 4 beta democracy. how time flies,82 years ag
o,a martyr was born,those who cheated the populace,with ur words u burnt,if only we could stop ur flight,we should have but that is ur plight. the world will miss a hero,a man whose life was fild with roles. u re 4eva close 2 our hearts,we love u n 4eva we ll doff our hats.
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by Solozzo(m): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2013
Great ones like Achebe
Make me wish there was no death
So he can write more
More wisdom, reality of our society's woes
Great Achebe
You rejected honors from the dishonored and showed integrity and courage.
By your works
You live on for ever
Rest in well deserved peace
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by Anikwevincent: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2013
rip the gr8t 1rip the gr8t 1rip the gr8t 1
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by haladug(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2013
protocol: poets have diction. the right and choice of words. no need for corrections in poems so long as the message was passed DAZ ALL!.lol nice poem bro.
aπϑ what does literary diction mean to Ʋ? Does it represent unquestionable freedom of them poet to defy the basics of literature? In my opinion, wrong spellings aπϑ poor use of tenses are way out of the cover literary immunity. Anyways,nice poem.RIP Chinua Achebe and Ʋ shall be remembered by generations for ur accomplishments.
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by GudLion(m): 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
Nite is come
Wirlwind is sweeping through
Fear pounds the heart
Tomorrow seems a miracle

Pregnant silence echos a soft tune
The ears hear only d heart pounds
The eyes beholds only vain darkness
Tomorrow seems a miracle

The vultures are circling in vain
Confusion, a luxury of yesterday
Breath, a treasure slipping a way
... The iroko has fallen!
Alas,tomorrow seems a miracle!!!
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by Eperipopsi(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
rest in peace
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
One of the only few of who cared for Igbo Religion (Odinani). The Gods bless you Chief! Lord Amadioha Bless Your Spirit! cool
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by Trendytessy(f): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
R.I.P Sir... Literary students will miss u. What a great loss! *my heart is laden wit sorrow*
Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by ENEONWO(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
TRIBUTES TO CHINUALUMUOGU ACHEBE: And " A Man of The People" passed on; leaving among the living, an ''Arrow of God", which points out '' The Trouble with Nigeria", Africa's great " Anthill of the Savanna"; a nation in which "There was a Country". With us it is not yet day-break, since we are " No Longer At Ease", as "Things Fall Apart", when the centre could not hold!

1 Like

Re: A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death by 4chi: 8:17am On Mar 25, 2013
The old bigot is dead
And gone to his grave
Hmmnn haa gone to his grave

They planted a Biafra flag over his corpse
Hmnn ha over his corpse

Which made the old bigot
Happy indeed.
Hmnn ha
Happy indeed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonny Kennedy:the Story Of The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. / Cyprian Ekwensi's Books - PDF Download / The Usher By Rapmike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.