Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones (1589 Views)

Only Range-Rover Allowed In This Kenyan Wedding (photos) / Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland / Only Beautiful Virgin Girls Are Allowed To Guard Gadafi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 1:49am On Mar 30, 2008
Kobojunkie:

There you go again with that ridiculousness?? Capitalism is not new. It did not start yesterday. Even your own forefathers practised and history will tell you over and over of this. If I want to amass wealth, and you do not but you need what I have to offer ie. Electricity, water, food, you still have to pay to get it from me whether you believe in capitalism or not. How else do you expect to get these, free of charge?? And why should I not be allowed to amass wealth and build companies?? cause you can not stand that I should have that freedom to??

By the way, how did you figure that america is more pissed off by cuban govt and whatever it is that you mean?? Can I suggest that you actually educate yourself on the realities in the world we live in and not continue on this conspiracy theory bandwagon. And please spend time learning what capitalism is and why you can not argue against communism using the Bible. It will never work.

you dont seem to get my whole point again,even though it did not start yesterday does that make it right, slavery did not start yesterday does it make it right,prostitution is the oldest profession does that make it right, aww gimme a break man whats soo ridiculous about thatyou r talkn about giving water and what not is it right morally for a monopoly or a tiny cabal to rip ppl off ill give u an example from ur united states, the head of general electric i think he is retired now gets paid 94million salary,retirement benefits yearly 8million plus other benefits while pensioners  were  not paid their dues and ripped off thats capitalist for you, of course by all meand amass wealth but all im saying is that if some people do not agree to that then leave them the hell alone,just check trading standards for uk and you ll see the amount of complaints against british gas,united utilities and the rest of them,the amount of tax the capitalists get off us while the oligarchies who have the best accountants and hide under tax breaks pay less, im not rambling all these things can be googled

as to your question i arrived at the fact that aerica was more pissed off because of the glee at which they celebrate any bad news fom cuba,the bay of pigs fiasco,the attempted assasination,the carefully placed propaganda,using the hollywood industry, pls educate me about the realities of the world we live in as far as i know the world i live in has turned upside down im happy some billionaires are not reasoninf=g like your doing and  have given up a substansial chunk of their money to charityu might count that as ridiculoussness or rambling  no worries, i wasnt using the bible to argue capitalism i was just sayn contrary to ur earlier post the bible wasnt exactly jumping for joy about the capitlists, u might be a muslim for all i know so i wouldnt do that at all, theres conspiracy theory but there is the truth as well, thank GOD for moral crusaders , we all heard about the medical insurance hocus pocus your so called angel i.e capitalist did asnd how they ripped poor ppl struggling to make monthly payments and in the end bein ripped off, that might be rambling to u as well but google it, if theres any hwere thats gone capitalist crazy the funny thing is that we still have it a bit ok in uk in spite of it being an allie of the united states but america is worse, u can not be treated in the hospitals cause u dont have money, im not a british citizen at least i have acess to nhsunlike america
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 1:56am On Mar 30, 2008
first of all, i don't realli want to go into the theoretical merits of capitalism or whatnot because i wasnt sayn capitalism is good or bad but if read my forst post what i emphasised on was the corrupted form of capitalism obtained in most places, if you wated to talk about the begining there is no way people will amass wealth and not have the power with it and i want you to give me an example of a capitalist with soo much money which did not affect the common masses,

Example of persons who amassed wealth and power in the bible, Abraham, David, Solomon, Job, etc. People in the old days amassed wealth even as they do today.

well if you wanted to use these examples i dont want to blaspheme but i know i read how david misused his powers and sent a soldier to the fore front in war, rbgs any bells?solomon too amassed wealth but did u think of the welfare of the ppl building all these great palaces and how they fared, remember there were no medicals insurance and the likes i gave these examples to show that even though i dont read that much of the bible but i know these guys hurt a lot of people while they were in power even when they didnt mean to and i still repeat again that the same thing that obtains then, the rich living in splendour and the poor working all their life and suffering .
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 2:22am On Mar 30, 2008
people in the old days never amassed money like it is done in this corrupted form of capitalism and even if the likes of enron existed from the beginning then they have been causing the problems from the beginning the only diffrence between then and now is that there was no alternative and i nver said capitalisim equals corruption but capitalism as a system leaves room for corruption and all the vices associated with it

,i don't even have to prove anything but look at all the so called capitalist countries of the worl, are americans not complaining and suffering??and that is a country without embagoes,or any form of restrictions are ther not people living worse than nigerians in some part of america or united kingdom or europe?if capitalism was the eldorado it was cracked up to be then there should be no suffering, whatever you might say about capitalism i think it is more than crazy for a system which reward a few and allows them to take advantage of the majority, hope you v read john locke and rousseau and karl marx, i used the love of money analogy meaning that capitalism without it being corrupted and being perfect is not the problem as much as the corrupted form of it the whole trouble didnt strat from some people being rich and others poor but it started from the rich taking advantage of the poor, i don't know much of the bible but i know of the tax collectors and how they fleeced the people are they not an example of your capitalist??

Eg.again from the bible, Solomon who was also corrupt to an extent. Look it up . God did bless him did he not?? I can give you so many examples from history but I want to stick to the bible here so you can go read it of your own. Corruption is not new. It has been in the blood of the people from time immemorial. Associating it with capitalism now is ludicrous, as we know that over and over empires have all through history have fallen for one reason or another and in some cases corruption has been at the root of some of those falls but that has not detered humans from wanting to build an empire for themselves and dream and push to accomplish those goals no matter how terrible they may be in some cases. Deciding to write off the idea of pursuing one's dreams and goals just cause corruption may exist is just a terrible way to judge societies, don't you think??
This is not about telling you that capitalism is eldorado,but if you bother to look around you, capitalism has played a tremendous role in getting the world to where it is today where you enjoy freedom and are even able to buy a computer and post your ideas on here freely. The world we live in today offers us so many options that those who do not like capitalism can always try communism but unfortunately, the trends continue to show that people favour capitalism. Even China which remains communist in so many ways is now buying into the capitalist model on so many levels.

You can talk about corruption and state the ills of corruption but when you try to attach corruption to capitalism is where you have a problem cause you can not do that. Corruption exists, whether in a capitalists economy or a communist economy, corruption will always be possible. So please try to separate your idea of what corruption is from the 1) West 2) Capitalism and focus it where it ought to be, on those who are corrupt and you have issues with regardless of what model they believe in.

I NEVER SAID CORRUPTION AND CAPITALISM ARE SAME,I SAID CAPITALISM LEFT ROOM FOR CORRUPTION AND I ALSO SAID WHAT WE PRACTICE TODAY IS A CORRUPTED FORM OF CAPITALISM,CORRUPTION MIGHT NOT BE NEW BUT ITS NOT RIGHT AND CORRUPTION AND CAPITALISM IS LIKE A PARASITE AND A WILLING HOST, IN A COMMUNIST SYSTEM EVEN THOUGH THERE IS CORRUPTION ,BUT IT DOES NOT LEAVE ROOM FOR AS MUCH CORRUPTION AS IS OBTAINED IN CAPITALISM, OF COURSE CORRUPTION HAS NOT DETTERED PEOPLE FROM PURSUING WEALTH THATS WHY WE ARE IN THE CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW IN RETURN IM ASKING YOU IS THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN AND EVERYTHING HAPPENING IS CREATING A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, IS SOMEONE BEING OFFERED A BETTER OPPORTUNITY IN LIFE BEING DETERMINED BY UR LAST NAME OR YOUR FAMILY OVER YOUR SKILLS A FAIR WAY TO JUDGE SOCIETY??HELL NAW
LIKE YOU KEEP REPEATING AND I KEEP ON SAYING WE ARE NOT PRACTICING A CAPITALIST SYSTEM ,WE ARE PRACTICING A CORRUPTED FORM OF CAPITALISM, I AGREE WITH YOU THAT CAPITALISM HAS BROUGHT US TO WHERE WE ARE TODAY BUT AT WHAT COST?U TALK ABOUT A COMPUTER DYU KNOW WHAT THE COMPUTER DOES TO THE GLOBAL WARMING?LETS TALK ABOUT MOBILE PHONES DYU KNOW THE MAIN INGREDIENT FOR IT IS FOUND IN CENTRAL AFRICA?WE HAVE FUN WITH OUR MOBILE PHONES AND WE ARE FREE YET SOME PPL ARE DYING SMWHERE, WE BUY DIAMONDS BEFORE ITS A FREE WORLD, CAPITALISM YET SOME KID IS DYING IN AFRICA WELL YOU R RIGHT BUT AT WHAT COST, BECAUSE I BELIEVE EACH ONE OF WE CAPITALIST HAVE A LITTLE OF THE BLOOD OF SOME POOR SOD ON OUR HANDS,AND THESE ARE NOT BASELESS ACCUSSATIONS OR FORCING AN OPINION THEY ARE FACTS, THE TREND CONTINUES BECAUSE WE HAVE NEVER KNOWN ANY BETTER, HAVE YOU EVER LIVED IN A COMMUNIST COUNTRY WHERE THERE WAS NOT MEDDLING FROM THE US?SO HOW WOULD YOU KNOW PEOPLE WHOLEHEARTEDLY PREFER CAPITALISM, CHINA ACCEPTED CAPITALISM SO THEY WILL NOT BE STARVED TO DEATH, AMERICA THE POLICE OF THE WORLD HAVE A LOT OF TRICKS IN THE BAG TO DO THAT, SO MANY PEOPLE BUYING INTO CAPITALISM HAVE EITHER HAD IT SHOVED DOWN THEIR THROATS IN A VERY NICE WAY OR BEING SQUEEZED INTO ACCEPTING IT , MAYBE 20 YEARS OR SO DOWN THE LINE AMERICANS WOULD HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT HAPPENED IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN AND SAY THESE PPL ACCEPTED IT, IN AFRICA WE WERE FORCED, IN INDIA THEY WERE FORCED, IN SOVIET UNION AMERICA BROKE THEM APART AND PICKED UP THE PIECES, CAPITALISM AIDS CORRUPTION MUCH MORE AND LEAVES ROOM FOR CORRUPTION THAN COMMUNISM , ITS CLEAR TO SEE AT THE RISK OF RAMBLING,
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 2:39am On Mar 30, 2008
fair enough i have not lived in cuba before and im sure the cubans themselves are the ones facing the downside but in any economy in the world,there will always be opposition and dissenters and between how come the pro castros never make it to the american news and its only the anti castro, when catrina happened and cuba offered a few thousand doctors with no strings attached in spite of their condition ,why wasnt it reported?

Does america no longer have a right to reject support from whomever it wants to reject funds from?? Are you joking with this?? It was reported, maybe you did not hear of it.

WELL THEY DO,BUT HOPE YOU REALISE WORLD ECONOMICS DO NOT WORK IN A 1+1=2 LIKE YOU R SAYING, ITS FAR MORE COMPLICATED AND SAYING THAT AMERICA HAS THE RIGHT NOT TO ENTER INTO BUSINESS WITH CUBA IS WAY TOO SIMPLISTIC BUT BECAUSE OF SPACE I WONT ENTER INTO CUBA/AMERICAN RELATIONS AND THE EMBAGOES AND THE INTRIGUES INVLOVED ACCORDING TO THE INTERNET AND WHAT WE V READ IN BOOKS, WELL MAYB IT WAS REPORTED BUT NOT AS LOUD AS THE FERRY CROSSING WAS REPORTED OR THE SUPPOSED FLEEING FROM CUBA, FROM THE DICTATORS,

Would you be comfortable if 4 years from now that Yar adua comes up to tell the people that america is the reason why he was not able to fulfill his promise of providing us electricity, better government etc?? I hope you will be and you should celebrate Yar adua if that ever happens please. Like I said earlier, America has a right to refuse relations with any company it chooses. If Usa refuses cuba but china( which happens to supply over 50 % if goods to America) does not refuse cuba why is it america's fault that cuba can not foster a relationship with china and hence get what it needs for it's people?? I have over the months used so many analogies to help people rethink the way they see the world and america or the west. We have a situation right now in zimbabwe where the man is equally blaming the west for the high inflation rate( over 100,000%) in that country today.

DONT COMPARE THE NIGERIAN SITUATION WITH CUBA IN ANYWAY ,FOR ONE NIGERIA HAS NO EXCUSE AND ALSO NIGERIA IS A CAPITALIST COUNTRY AND CUBA IS COMMUNIST, THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THE CASTROS NEVER WAITED TO START MAKING EXCUSES BUT GOT ON WITH IT AND AT LEAST THEY HAVE ELECTRICITY,THEY HAVE MEDICALS SORTED , TELL ME WHATS MORE IMPORTANT, THE FACT THAT CHINA WENT CAP IN HAND TO AMERICA DOES NOT MEAN CUBA SHOULD UNLESS YOU R SUPPORTING THE SCHOOL OF THOUGHT THAT A SMALLER SOVEREIGN DESERVE TO BE BULLIED , CHINA HAS NOT SUFFERED WHAT CUBA HAS SUFFERED FROM THE AMERICANS , LIKE I SAID IN MY EARLIER POSTS I AGREE THAT ZIMBABWE AND ITS LEADERSHIP ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER CAME UPON THEM BUT WE HAVE A DIFFRENT KETTLE OF FISH HERE

Let me explain the way I see this. It is sort of watching two companies compete to provide for their employees. Say companies like intel And AMD. If AMD hired a CEO and he came back to the board members year after year to complain that the reason why he has continued to fail at his job is cause Intel continues not to sell it it's chip or maybe intel is agressively selling it's product to a wider group that it is able to, what do you think the board members would do? Sympathize with him or move to find someone else to do the job who would be better able to compete with Intel or even find them more customers and help their employees move forward in the industry?? Now think of government sort of the same way and maybe you will see the "west is at fault" excuse is not really cutting it no matter which way you choose to slice and dice it. Would you send your own children to a school where the principal tells everyone that because of another school in the area, he is no able to provide a better schooling environment for the children??

WELL SEEING AS THATS THE ANALOGY YOU WANT TO USE ,ILL COUNTER IT BY SAYING IF THE BOARD MEMBERS BELEIVED IN THE COMPANY VISION,RATHER THAN THEM SACKING HIM THEY WILL COME TOGETHER TO HELP HIM BEARING IN MIND THAT THE CEO HAS DONE A LOT AND IS STILL DOING A LOT FOR THE COMAPNY IN QUESTION, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS STILL A LOT TO BE DONE IN THE COMPANY,HE SEEKED FINANCE FROM ELSEWHERE, PROVIDED MORE THAN THE BASICS EVEN WITH THE LIMITED RESOURCES AND IM SURE AS LONG AS THEY BELEIEVE IN HIS AND THE COMPANY VISION THEY WILL STICK BY HIM
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 3:09am On Mar 30, 2008
I can only compare cuba to zimbabwe cause we are speaking of governments that have been in place for extended periods and have offered the excuse that the west is the reason why the lives of the people remain fixed in time as it is to this day. Both have people who hardly revolt or riot either and according to your logic, that would essentially mean both countries are so in love with their governments. We have seen more of opposition being put down than we have seen pictures of people rioting in those countries. Infact, I should add North korea to the mix cause all these apply as well and following your logic, the North Koreans. must love their government and so we should also love our government as it is in Nigeria.

You are rambling, my dear friend, when you start to try to force logic where it does not exist. If you can not apply this logic of yours in most all the other cases I suggested, then I would ask that you reevaluate the way you have come to have this make sense to you and start considering what people say as being exactly what they mean. I mean instead of you trying to explain away what the man said, maybe you should take it that he may have a point that is beyond what you know of his case and that of others. We live in the year 2008, I don't know about you but I still find the idea of having the government impose bans on me and treat me like a child that needs to be ruled over in that way to be seriously old and unnecessary. Recently there has been a lift on ban of CD's, DVD's, now cell phones etc. I understand you are for the way of life there in cuba and somehow against capitalism but don't you think your argument would be more reasonable and less hypocritical if you actually moved out there to live there instead of staying up in a capitalist community and trying to tell us all about cuba and how things are run there

MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT CARED TO READ THROUGH MY POST PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE LENGHT, BUT I GAVE SOME EXAMPLES OF NIGERIANS SHEDDING THEIR DOCILITY TO FIGHT INJUSTICES, WE HAVE THE ABIOLA JUNE12,WE HAVE THE ABACHA TIME,THE CIVIL WAR COULD BE CLASSIFIED AS SUCH SO, GOING ON THE FLIP SIDE OF MY SURMISSION,NATIONS HAVE DIFFRENT TEMPERAMENT AND DIFFRENT WAYS OF HANDLING ISSUES, THE FACT THAT THE HINDUS DONT BLOW THEMSELVES UP DONT MEAN THEY ARE NOT PART OF INDIA AND THE MUSLIM PART OF INDIA DO, GOING FOR THE BIGGER PICTURE NOW HOPE U REALISE BOTH PAKISTAN AND INDIA ARE SAME BUT HANDLE ISSUES DIFFRENT, THE FACT THAT THE HAUSAS KILL IBOS AND YORUBAS IN THE NORTH , CASES ARE NOT HANDLED IN THE SAME WAY DOWN SOUTH OR IN THE SOUTH EAST, IM NOT SURE IF YOU BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS BUT THERE HAVE BEEN RIOTS IN ZIMBABWE AND EVEN THE MAIN OPPOSITION WAS MANHANDLED AND TORTURED, AND A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE DIED MEN,WOMEN,CHILDREN AND BY THE WAY CUBA DIDNT SIT DOWN ON THEIR ASSES BLAMING THE WEST, THE CASTROS WORE THEIR UNIFORM WITH PRIDE AND GOT UP AND GAVE THEIR NATION THE GIFT OF THE BEST MEDICAL IN THE WORLD,CONSTANT ELECTRICITY AND A VIBRANT TOURISM MARKET

NOW TTO YOUR LAST PARAGRAPH ,WHERE EXACTLY HAVE I FORCED LOGIC WHERE IT DOESNT EXIST, IF YOU CARE TO LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CLEAR MYSELF BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE WE R SHOWING OFF HERE BUT TALKING ABOUT REAL AND PERTINENT ISSUES, ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ITS EITHER I ACCEPT YOUR LOGIC OR THE HIGHWAY?BECAUSE IF YOU ARE THEN I GUESS YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB THAN THEY HAVE DONE IN CUBA, CUBA OF 20/30 YEARS AGO IS CERTAINLY NOT THE CUBA OF TODAY, DO SOME RESEARCH AND FIND OUT HOW MUCH CUBA CHARGES A MEDICAL STUDENT AND MULTIPLY IT BY 7 YEARS,THEY ALSO HAVE OTHER COURSES AND THEY ARE NEVER EVER SHORT OF STUDENTS,CHECK OUT WHAT THEY MAKE IN THEIR TOURISM SECTOR, I NEVER SAID EVERY SINGLE PERSON WAS IN LOVE WITH THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNANCE IN CUBA ,I MEANT AN OVERWHEKMING MAJORITY ARE OKAY WITH THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT IN CUBA, HOW MANY OPPOSITION HAS BEEN PUT DOWN,JAILED,ASSASINATED IN CUBA??AMERICA HAS JAILED ITS OPPOSITION AS WELL ALBEIT HIDING UNDER THE LAW SO IF CUBA DID THEN THEY R BOTH GUILTY, WHERE HAVE U READ IN THE NEWS THAT ANY RIOTERS OR PROTESTERS WERE KILLED SEEMS AS IF U DONT KNW HOW CUBA IS GEOGRAPHICALLY, HAVANA GHETTO IS LIKE AJEGUNLE AND OSHODI PUT TOGETHER, SO IF THERE WAS TO BE A RIOT THERES NO WAY ANYTHING WILL BE COVERED, ASK ANY CUBAN YOU KNOW,
I REPEAT AGAIN TO GO BACK AND READ MY REPLY BECAUSE I SAID I AGREED WITH THE GUY WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE AND AS A MATTER OF FACT THE COMPLAINTS THE CUBANS MAKE IS NOT ABOUT THEIR GOVERNMENT BUT THESE STUFFS LIKE MOBILE PHONE AND THE LIKES BEING AVAILABLE AND NOT ABOUT THEIR SYSTEM OF GOVERNANCE, I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT NORTH KOREA BUT NIGERIANS ARE NOT DOCILE AND HAVE SHOWN ALBEIT IN A DIFFRENT WAY THEIR DISPLEASURE TOWARDS SUCCESSIVE CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS, GO FIND OUT ABOUT CUBA PLS BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO THINK THEY ARE A BUNCH OF HUNGRY,DIS ENFRANCHISED PPL WHO HAVE NO SAY OR CHOICE, EVERY BASIC FOOD ITEMS YOU HAVE IN YOUR SUPERMARKET,CUBANS PRODUCE IT, THEY HAVE THEIR OWN CHOCOLATE,CORN FLAKES TOOTH BRUSH,EVERYTHING U CAN THINK OF THAT U HAVE APAPRT FROM THE ELECTRONICS, THEY HAVE THEIR IWN CAR,CUBAS LOVE THE LIVE THEY LIVE,THEY HAVE ALL THE BASIC STUFFS THEY WANT EVEN ALL THE CONSULTANTS GO OUTSIDE CUBA ON JOBS AND GO BACK OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, NO ONE IS HELD DOWN AGAINST THEIR WILL CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD IN THE AMERICAN PRESS,SAME AS THE DOCTORS AND THE DANCERS E.TC IF YOU DONT HAVE A CAUSE TO GO THEN THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO WHICH IS SENSIBLE BECAUSE THEY LL RATHER HAVE YOU EATING AND LIVING LIFE IN YOUR COUNTRY THAN BEING A NUISANCE AND LIABILITY TO ANOTHER PERSON'S COUNTRY WHY DO WE HAVE NIGERIAN YAHOO YAHOOS,419 S AND THE REST APART FROM THE ECONOMY BEING BAD,THEY DO NOW WANT TO DO AN HONEST DAYS JOB EVEN WHILE ABROAD, THESE KIND OFF PPL SHOULDNT HAVE BE ALLOWED OUT BUT BE IN THEIR COUNTRY AND BE FORCED TO BE PRODUCTIVE, ANYWHERE YOU THINK IM FORCING LOGIC WHERE IT DOESNT EXCIST PLS BE KIND ENOUGH TO POINT IT OUT AND ILL ADVICE YOU TO PLS GO DO SOME REAL RESEARSH ABOUT CUBA AND DONT LISTEN TO THE FOURTH COLUMNISTS,
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 3:11am On Mar 30, 2008
I can only compare cuba to zimbabwe cause we are speaking of governments that have been in place for extended periods and have offered the excuse that the west is the reason why the lives of the people remain fixed in time as it is to this day. Both have people who hardly revolt or riot either and according to your logic, that would essentially mean both countries are so in love with their governments. We have seen more of opposition being put down than we have seen pictures of people rioting in those countries. Infact, I should add North korea to the  mix cause all these apply as well and following your logic, the North Koreans. must love their government and so we should also love our government as it is in Nigeria.

You are rambling, my dear friend, when you start to try to force logic where it does not exist. If you can not apply this logic of yours in most all the other cases I suggested, then I would ask that you reevaluate the way you have come to have this make sense to you and start considering what people say as being exactly what they mean. I mean instead of you trying to explain away what the man said, maybe you should take it that he may have a point that is beyond what you know  of his case and that of others. We live in the year 2008, I don't know about you but I still find the idea of having the government impose bans on me and treat me like a child that needs to be ruled over in that way to be seriously old and unnecessary. Recently there has been a lift on ban of CD's, DVD's, now cell phones etc. I understand you are for the way of life there in cuba and somehow against capitalism but don't you think your argument would be more reasonable and less hypocritical if you actually moved out there to live there instead of staying up in a capitalist community and trying to tell us all about cuba and how things are run there

MAYBE YOU HAVE NOT CARED TO READ THROUGH MY POST PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE LENGHT, BUT I GAVE SOME EXAMPLES OF NIGERIANS SHEDDING THEIR DOCILITY TO FIGHT INJUSTICES, WE HAVE THE ABIOLA JUNE12,WE HAVE THE ABACHA TIME,THE CIVIL WAR COULD BE CLASSIFIED AS SUCH SO, GOING ON THE FLIP SIDE OF MY SURMISSION,NATIONS HAVE DIFFRENT TEMPERAMENT AND DIFFRENT WAYS OF HANDLING ISSUES, THE FACT THAT THE HINDUS DONT BLOW THEMSELVES UP DONT MEAN THEY ARE NOT PART OF INDIA AND THE MUSLIM PART OF INDIA DO, GOING FOR THE BIGGER PICTURE NOW HOPE U REALISE BOTH PAKISTAN AND INDIA ARE SAME BUT HANDLE ISSUES DIFFRENT, THE FACT THAT THE HAUSAS KILL IBOS AND YORUBAS IN THE NORTH , CASES ARE NOT HANDLED IN THE SAME WAY DOWN SOUTH OR IN THE SOUTH EAST, IM NOT SURE IF YOU BEEN WATCHING THE NEWS BUT THERE HAVE BEEN RIOTS IN ZIMBABWE AND EVEN THE MAIN OPPOSITION WAS MANHANDLED AND TORTURED, AND A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE DIED MEN,WOMEN,CHILDREN AND BY THE WAY CUBA DIDNT SIT DOWN ON THEIR ASSES BLAMING THE WEST, THE CASTROS WORE THEIR UNIFORM WITH PRIDE AND GOT UP AND GAVE THEIR NATION THE GIFT OF THE BEST MEDICAL IN THE WORLD,CONSTANT ELECTRICITY AND A VIBRANT  TOURISM MARKET

NOW TTO YOUR LAST PARAGRAPH ,WHERE EXACTLY HAVE I FORCED LOGIC WHERE IT DOESNT EXIST, IF YOU CARE TO LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CLEAR MYSELF BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE WE R SHOWING OFF HERE BUT TALKING ABOUT REAL AND PERTINENT ISSUES, ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ITS EITHER I ACCEPT YOUR LOGIC OR THE HIGHWAY?BECAUSE IF YOU ARE THEN I GUESS YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB THAN  THEY HAVE DONE IN CUBA, CUBA OF 20/30 YEARS AGO IS CERTAINLY NOT THE CUBA OF TODAY, DO SOME RESEARCH AND FIND OUT HOW MUCH CUBA CHARGES A MEDICAL STUDENT AND MULTIPLY IT BY 7 YEARS,THEY ALSO HAVE OTHER COURSES AND THEY ARE NEVER EVER SHORT OF STUDENTS,CHECK OUT WHAT THEY MAKE IN THEIR TOURISM SECTOR, I NEVER SAID EVERY SINGLE PERSON WAS IN LOVE WITH THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNANCE IN CUBA ,I MEANT AN OVERWHEKMING MAJORITY ARE OKAY WITH THE SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT IN CUBA, HOW MANY OPPOSITION HAS BEEN PUT DOWN,JAILED,ASSASINATED IN CUBA??AMERICA HAS JAILED ITS OPPOSITION AS WELL ALBEIT HIDING UNDER THE LAW SO IF CUBA DID THEN THEY R BOTH GUILTY, WHERE HAVE U READ IN THE NEWS THAT ANY RIOTERS OR PROTESTERS WERE KILLED SEEMS AS IF U DONT KNW HOW CUBA IS GEOGRAPHICALLY, HAVANA GHETTO IS LIKE AJEGUNLE AND OSHODI PUT TOGETHER, SO IF THERE WAS TO BE A RIOT THERES NO WAY  ANYTHING WILL BE COVERED, ASK ANY CUBAN YOU KNOW,
I REPEAT AGAIN TO GO BACK AND READ MY REPLY BECAUSE I SAID I AGREED WITH THE GUY WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE AND AS A MATTER OF FACT THE COMPLAINTS THE CUBANS MAKE IS NOT ABOUT THEIR GOVERNMENT BUT THESE STUFFS LIKE MOBILE PHONE AND THE LIKES BEING AVAILABLE AND NOT ABOUT THEIR SYSTEM OF GOVERNANCE, I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT NORTH KOREA BUT NIGERIANS ARE NOT DOCILE AND HAVE SHOWN ALBEIT IN A DIFFRENT WAY THEIR DISPLEASURE TOWARDS SUCCESSIVE CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS, GO FIND OUT ABOUT CUBA PLS BECAUSE YOU SEEM TO THINK THEY ARE A BUNCH OF HUNGRY,DIS ENFRANCHISED PPL WHO HAVE NO SAY OR CHOICE, EVERY BASIC FOOD ITEMS YOU HAVE IN YOUR SUPERMARKET,CUBANS  PRODUCE IT, THEY HAVE THEIR OWN CHOCOLATE,CORN FLAKES TOOTH BRUSH,EVERYTHING U CAN THINK OF THAT U HAVE APAPRT FROM THE ELECTRONICS, THEY HAVE THEIR IWN CAR,CUBAS LOVE THE LIVE THEY LIVE,THEY HAVE ALL THE BASIC STUFFS THEY WANT EVEN ALL THE CONSULTANTS GO OUTSIDE CUBA ON JOBS AND GO BACK OF THEIR OWN VOLITION, NO ONE IS HELD DOWN AGAINST THEIR WILL CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD IN THE AMERICAN PRESS,SAME AS THE DOCTORS AND THE DANCERS E.TC IF YOU DONT HAVE A CAUSE TO GO THEN THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO WHICH IS SENSIBLE BECAUSE THEY LL RATHER HAVE YOU EATING AND LIVING LIFE IN YOUR COUNTRY THAN BEING A NUISANCE AND LIABILITY TO ANOTHER PERSON'S COUNTRY WHY DO WE HAVE NIGERIAN YAHOO YAHOOS,419 S AND THE REST APART FROM THE ECONOMY BEING BAD,THEY DO NOW WANT TO DO AN HONEST DAYS JOB EVEN WHILE ABROAD, THESE KIND OFF PPL SHOULDNT HAVE BE ALLOWED OUT BUT BE IN THEIR COUNTRY AND BE FORCED TO BE PRODUCTIVE, ANYWHERE YOU THINK IM FORCING LOGIC WHERE IT DOESNT EXCIST PLS BE KIND ENOUGH TO POINT  IT OUT AND ILL ADVICE YOU TO PLS GO DO SOME REAL RESEARSH ABOUT CUBA AND DONT LISTEN TO THE FOURTH COLUMNISTS,
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 3:14am On Mar 30, 2008
pls sorri for posting twice it was an honest mistake and i didnt know how to remove the other one
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by 4Play(m): 3:31am On Mar 30, 2008
@Lord Polonius

You must have heard of the saying,"brevity is the soul of wit". Nobody will read what you have posted if you can't post in a concise and cogent manner.
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by TheSly: 3:48am On Mar 30, 2008
Damn whats all these epistle of Paul?
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2008
@4play
i dont particularly care one way or another about your saying or whaever it 's supposed to me as it has nothing to do with me,if you think its not concise enough for you then pls ignore it and move on and i wasnt realli asking anyone to read as i was replying a post

@sly
if you dont want to read the epistle,move on and ignore it pls as the comment is unnecessary
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2008
its not meant for the general ppl my guy, the content is for intellectuals who 'll discern the content irrespective, thats why its not posted in sexuality or romance or the general fun posts
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by chidichris(m): 4:35am On Apr 01, 2008
lucabrasi,
if only you can face the topic. a group of people warming up to use mobile phone for the first time in their lives. are u saying is well and they now decided to start using phone or letting the people have access to phone.
if not for sentiments, how can u compare the dangotes and hali burtons to the castros?
what is ur belief about people forcing themselves to die as leaders and enthrone their family members from the graves.
what was ur opinion of the eyadima's syndrom in togo? what do u think on abacha must stay in nigeria? which side did u support during the third term days? who is responsible for the zimbabwe situation or are u among them that believe is media propaganda? what do u think of democracy?
in the castro situation, do u consider the family only worth ruling cubans? if yes, why? and if no why?
what do u think of clinton? why didn't he make himself a life president? what do u think about change in leadership?
i hope u come up with some answers to enable me provide u with the necessary questions on this topic
Re: Cubans Open Up To The World : By Being Allowed To Own Mobile Phones by lucabrasi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2008
chidichris:

lucabrasi,
if only you can face the topic. a group of people warming up to use mobile phone for the first time in their lives. are u saying is well and they now decided to start using phone or letting the people have access to phone.
if not for sentiments, how can u compare the dangotes and hali burtons to the castros?
what is your belief about people forcing themselves to die as leaders and enthrone their family members from the graves.
what was your opinion of the eyadima's syndrom in togo? what do u think on abacha must stay in nigeria? which side did u support during the third term days? who is responsible for the zimbabwe situation or are u among them that believe is media propaganda? what do u think of democracy?
in the castro situation, do u consider the family only worth ruling cubans? if yes, why? and if no why?
what do u think of clinton? why didn't he make himself a life president? what do u think about change in leadership?
i hope u come up with some answers to enable me provide u with the necessary questions on this topic

i was facing the topic actually if ou care to read my earlier posts,i totally agree that its a very good and laudable thing for the cubans to be alllowed these essentials but what i am saying is that the castros have done creditably well looking at the resources available to them and the problems they have had to contend with in respect of america and its allies.
i was comparing hali burton,the dangote's as global capitalists who have sucked their respective countries,treated their less well off people bad and not rewarded them,now i dont really blame them but the system of governance which is global capitalism, look at what hali burton is doing in iraq,lok at dangote,,we all know what him and his people have done to nigeria and yet if you go to his home state,less than 50% of the people are educated what kind of system perpetuates the rich to get richer at the expence of the poor, ill have you know that castro has done more for nigeria than some nigerian billionaire by the 100 doctors he trained free of charge even if its for some sort of propaganda look at the state of nigerian health service in spite of the money we have .

i also agre that a leader should not force a people to be their leader but cuba's situation is diffrent to the zimabwe and the rest, most of the cubans love castro and the communist government,ask anybody that has been to cuba and what they say about the castros and america,fidel lifted the ban on the cell phones and stuffs because the people have always disagreed with that policy for a long time so he had no choice,i do not agree with our african dictators in any way,shape,or form because its evident to see what they have done to africa but cuba has not hurt the cubans but have actually created a first class and the best medicals in the whole world,even without oil and any resources,in spite of america bullying them and its allies,very limited resources which you ll agree is a massive achievement especially when u look at the professors and doctors we have in nigeria plus the finances and we still cant get it done.

i am all for change in leadership if the general masses want to ,but many of the cubans are happy with their leadership and their communist system,fair enough not everybody in cuba wants that system of governance but democracy is all about the majority and like i said earlier the system might nhave failed in other places,but it is working in cuba and if cuba got the financial wherewithal it will be a mini paradise.

for the record,i agree with the post that it is a good development and i also support a system of governance if it actually works, capitalism has not worked in any country in the modern world YET,what we have is a corrupted form same as communism but at least its working in cuba, now show me a countyr capitalism is working and i am all for it and i am also against zimbabwe and the rest of the dictators who suck their people dry,hope i have addresed what you asked me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passenger Lands Plane After Pilot Dies / Us Drone Downed By Iran With Its Cyber Warfare Team. Picture / Man Arrested For Having Sex With Door [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.