Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

I Need Your Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Advice. (713 Views)

Dear Family, Your Advice Is Urgently Needed / I Need Your Advice As Regards My Family Issue. / Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
I got married in August last year and travelled few weeks later to embark on a postgraduate study in one of the Russell group schools. Before I left we agreed that I will get pregnant in the course of the program. However, the course turned out to be hectic and I don't think I can combine pregnancy and schooling. I tried to explain to my husband and he is adamant. He even said it I'm making stories up because I don't want to have child, which is totally wrong. I don't know what to do, don't know how to make him understand. Thank you.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: I Need Your Advice. by baby124: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
Try to increase the amount of times you see him, and just reassure him. If your course is stressful, make him understand by getting him more involved in the process. Like discussing your projects, your homework, exams, the difficulty of your classes etc. When he sees how busy and stressed you are, he will grudgingly agree. When he complains, just listen and let him talk. Dont argue, he is probably just missing you and needs reassurance. I hope you intend on going back to him after school? This may be one of his fears. Dont dream of staying back o. grin
Re: I Need Your Advice. by biolabee(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
In addition to the q raised by CC

What is your age range (<25,25-27, 28-31,>32) That may help with assessing the urgency from your hubby's POV
Potential support system you have now (family, daycare etc) to help with the baby
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
mummy cc, the course will end in October and I'm leaving 3 days after submission. He is in naija and I'm in the UK. I came for the first time early this week, but we have always tried to stay in touch through bb, calls and skype
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
@OP Didn't you foresee that schooling is hectic alone talk much of carrying a pregnancy with it. You shouldn't have made such plans in the first place and since you already did, I'm afraid you are bound to honour such an agreement.

Focus more on the pains of motherhood anytime you feel the strains of pregnancy combined with academic work. You can also plan your pregnancy in such a way that it will be much easier for you to go to labour.

Having your hubby to give you much needed support will not be too much to ask for as well. So try and explore the possibilities with him rather than just saying no else he will feel cheated.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: I Need Your Advice. by biolabee(m): 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
which honor, she shd combine two strenous tasks and potentially fail at both

Not having a good grade and potential stressful pregnancies..

Beg Oga make hin chill, show am the kind volume of work wey u dey do

I am curious on the age thing, does he feel you have a short window

(1) (Reply)

What Is That Thing You Dislike About Your Parents Character / I'm Addicted To Babies And Children!!! / What Will You Rather Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.