Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members (14278 Views)

Tompolo Sues FG Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Euroclydon(m): 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Three members of an employment syndicate have been arrested by the Nigerian Army in Abuja.

The Commandant of the Nigerian Navy Unit at the Mogadishu Cantonment, Commodore Segun Adebari who paraded the suspect said they fell for a bait of N45, 000 which they wanted to personally collect.

This is coming at the heels of many cases of job scam into military and paramilitary organisations in Nigeria.

Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and the Nigeria Customs have in the past arrested members of syndicates who engage in duping job applicants.

When arrested, the suspects were said to have been in possession of fake naval identity cards, photocopies of credentials and several other items.

The suspects however denied any wrong doing, instead claiming to be victims of a syndicate in the Nigerian Navy.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Navy has launched a manhunt for the leader of the alleged syndicate. The leader suspected is said to be one Mr. Morris Okorobi.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/22/army-uses-n45-000-bait-to-arrest-employment-syndicate-members/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by yanni1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
Greed has no discretion.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Dahbutter(m): 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
The headlines reads Nigerian army, yet the story is about Nigerian navy. Besides u can't get any idea how the money was used to bait the crooks, or how they ran the scam. Methinks this thread is a bloody waste o' space

15 Likes

Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by funshybam(m): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
ok

1 Like

Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dahbutter: The headlines reads Nigerian army, yet the story is about Nigerian navy. Besides u can't get any idea how the money was used to bait the crooks, or how they ran the scam. Methinks this thread is a bloody waste o' space

I even clicked the link to meet the same thing staring back at me.

I give up on some threads that make the Front Page. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by marabout(m): 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dahbutter: The headlines reads Nigerian army, yet the story is about Nigerian navy. Besides u can't get any idea how the money was used to bait the crooks, or how they ran the scam. Methinks this thread is a bloody waste o' space

Na today you sabi the poor level of journalism these days? Utter mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by abY2: 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
employment scam is so rampant now.so many ppl getting duped daily.Unemployment rate in ds country is worisome,when exactly ll ds country be a better place.hapi to b at d top
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by ochukoccna: 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
They did nothing wrong
Such brazen impunity similar to that of the gateman of the Honda Place who said the National Assembly members are getting paid big time @ the expense of the people
I wonder what their excuse is?
Alam's presidential pardon? shocked shocked
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by etalker: 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
I never knew Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy are the same...hmmmmm

Well, its a good thing they caught those criminals who derive pleasure in crowing on applicants.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by sureteeboy(m): 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
That's a nice move. More of them should be caught. ..but I don't know when the nigerian army became the nigerian navy.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by princemaicheal: 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
This trend have become worrisome and disturbing.I hope a lot of them are arrested and prosecuted,that is the only way it can be reduced.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by nairaman66(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
Na wah ooO!
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by sureteeboy(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
funshybam: ok
my guy, must you comment?
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
Awon omo ole!
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Make we dance for una abi e

Let the bigger thieves continue to roam about and brazenly display our wealth free.

Ndi ala ogbete
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Mayowura: 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Good move Nigerian Army!
But those scammers are damn wisely foolish...
Imagine how much they've scammed people of, and only N45,000 finish them up... AWON OLE JATI JATI

They forgot this saying:
EVERYDAY FOR THE THIEF, ONE DAY FOR THE OWNER OF THE LOAD.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by 9jauk: 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Zimbabwe is a great place to make a fortune as thr legal tender is American $ think of a business, and Vod will bless u.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by mediainspired: 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
In most cases, the syndicates have a pointman (agent at d top, lol) who coordinates d fake runz from d inside to dupe desperates job seekers ready to spend their life savings to secure a 'lucrative' fg rmployment or favourable placemnt. All fg agencies are stained by d grand scale scam: army, police, navy, airforce, nysc, cbn, even efcc. Corruption is their middle name. So who are they trying to impress? Abeg, make them park well joor &keep their house in order. Unfirtunately, all d ogas @d top (including gej) want to maintain d status quo &dont hav d courage for a real change.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Bryancrox(m): 10:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
I mis my fliqht to Dubai for 2face weddinq...Am anqry

1 Like

Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Akwusike: 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hmm, this scammers cant allow us concentrate
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by scobaba: 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
E don be 4 those guys.

E don beeeeeee.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Ardedaryor(m): 10:49pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mayowura: Good move Nigerian Army!
But those scammers are damn wisely foolish...
Imagine how much they've scammed people of, and only N45,000 finish them up... AWON OLE JATI JATI

They forgot this saying:[size=16pt]
EVERYDAY FOR THE THIEF, ONE DAY FOR THE OWNER OF THE LOAD[/size]
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by eledalo: 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
So the Nigerian Navy has so much time on their hands, they now catch N45000 frausters?
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by OluEmmaAss: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
These foot soldiers are just scapegoats. lt is the ogas at the top that are making the scams happen.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by damola311: 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Bryancrox: I mis my fliqht to Dubai for 2face weddinq...Am anqry

Do you mean wedding and angry?.........or uur phone has 'g' problem?.....cheesy

2 Likes

Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by abbeybanks(m): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
balling to the very last breath
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by Ebestsmscom: 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
eledalo: So the Nigerian Navy has so much time on their hands, they now catch N45000 frausters?

Na so we see am.

But it's small small they will upgrade to higher crime.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by acidtalk: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
On this issue of fake employment Companies, I think seun and his crew are not doing enough to enlighten job seekers. Nairaland shouldn't be all about making money. Helping people develop themselves and touching lives should be paramount. Money will come and go but good legacy will remain forever.

Take a look at the thread below :

List Of Fake Employment Companies

https://www.nairaland.com/968512/list-fake-employment-companies-stay

Such a thread is meant to be brought to the front page at least once a month to enlighten Nigerian Job seekers not to fall victim of fake employment agencies.

The top was sticked initially on the job and vacancy thread, but unecessary politics made them remove it. Let enlighten and educate ourselves.

If we blame the government for bad governance and employment will we also blame the government for not announcing list of fake employment companies?

1 Like

Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by eledalo: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ebestsms.com:

But it's small small they will upgrade to higher crime.

Hahaha. I hope this was meant as a joke.
Re: N45,000 Bait Used To Arrest Employment Syndicate Members by ifyalways(f): 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
At the end of the day,its the unemployed graduate that suffers most.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Governors Visit Benue State (photos) / BREAKING: Oshiomhole Declares To Contest For National Chairman Of APC / Buhari’s Achievements Have Rattled Atiku, PDP – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.